Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 1:43:25 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Tom

After making trades, with picks like Lewis Cine and Andrew Booth Jr., the other GMs in the division aren't too afraid of making deals with Kwesi.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1201
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 2:28:41 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Tom

After making trades, with picks like Lewis Cine and Andrew Booth Jr., the other GMs in the division aren't too afraid of making deals with Kwesi.

You are just arguing to argue.

You don't enter into competition by creating opportunities for your opponents. Period.

Football is a QB driven sport. The Vikings need a QB, the world knows this. Improving their chances of landing their QB target is helping them reach a goal. Period.

What teams do with their opportunities is a separate matter.

I agree, Tom

Allowing Kwesi to get fleeced for a trade down is a lot different than getting fleeced for a trade up for the QB they want, even if they don't believe the QB we want is going to be good...

they won't take the chance the QB actually turns out
Post #: 1202
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 2:57:20 PM   
marty

The trade for Booth Jr. was a trade UP.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1203
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:05:36 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

In the second round. Vastly different.
Post #: 1204
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:09:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

Who cares what trades go on after the first. I'm not even sure trades with rivals after the first 15-20 matter ... depends on the draft and players we're talking about.

A 'possible' franchise QB in the top ten picks is a different animal.

Completely.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/12/2024 3:13:41 PM >
Post #: 1205
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:13:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

quote:

Tom

You don't enter into competition by creating opportunities for your opponents. Period.

Football is a QB driven sport. The Vikings need a QB, the world knows this. Improving their chances of landing their QB target is helping them reach a goal. Period.

I agree, Tom

Allowing Kwesi to get fleeced for a trade down is a lot different than getting fleeced for a trade up for the QB they want, even if they don't believe the QB we want is going to be good...

they won't take the chance the QB actually turns out

Exactly. Common sense.
Post #: 1206
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:13:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Who cares what trades go on after the first. I'm not seven sure trades with rivals after the first 15-20 matter ... depends on the draft and players we're talking about.

Completely.

Two picks before our pick. The Jets are taking Bowers or an O Line so the Bears pick only matters if they trade it to somebody else. If they do that we take Rome Odunze to F them over.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1207
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:13:45 PM   
marty

What you do in the past, has an effect on how others perceived you in the future.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1208
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:21:28 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

What you do in the past, has an effect on how others perceived you in the future.

Our perceptions of past and future

inform our current thought processes.

They don't force us to punch logic and reason in the mouth.
Post #: 1209
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:23:53 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Who cares what trades go on after the first. I'm not seven sure trades with rivals after the first 15-20 matter ... depends on the draft and players we're talking about.

Completely.

Two picks before our pick. The Jets are taking Bowers or an O Line so the Bears pick only matters if they trade it to somebody else. If they do that we take Rome Odunze to F them over.

We stick to our plan.

We absolutely do NOT borrow Chi's draft plan.

Another one driving their train off the rails.
Post #: 1210
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:27:08 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

but no chance of looking for the QBOTF
Post #: 1211
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:29:21 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Completely.

We stick to our plan.

It was satire. I don't believe the Bears give a rat's ass about who we pick nor we about them. They will make the best deal for themselves which may be no deal at all.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/12/2024 3:49:03 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1212
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:44:40 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

Usually I hate these kind of draft articles ... 'espn gathered the latest intel from around the league,' 'sources tell us,' 'the team is leaning towards,' 'the team's preference is,' etcetcetcetcetcetc

ESPN draft analyst Matt Miller (IMO translated as ESPN paid draft fan Matt Miller) says ...

"It’s no secret the Vikings need a quarterback and are expected to be aggressive in adding one at the draft, but the front office and O’Connell — a former quarterback himself — did not attend pro day workouts of the top quarterbacks. Instead, the Vikings are trying something different. “We want to see them work out in a more intimate setting,” is how a source with the team put it. “Get them a little uncomfortable running our workout vs. theirs.”

The Vikings have scheduled private workouts with five of the top six QBs (everyone except Caleb Williams) and will use those in-person, one-on-one evaluations with more weight than the traditional pro day circuit. This is the first time I can recall a team intentionally avoiding the pro day noise in lieu of in-person scouting, but I like it."

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/4/12/24128451/espn-gives-minnesota-vikings-50-50-chance-trading-up-quarterback-2024-nfl-draft

--------------------

I'm all for trying something new especially in Kwesi's case.

I like that they are doing this too...didn't realize it was such a progressive move that other teams don't do this

I also like your concept that every analyst is really just a "paid draft fan"...

every joe fan has a freaking $100,000 streaming set up in mom's basement and learns how to draw arrows like Madden all over the all 22 film

lmao!
Post #: 1213
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 3:47:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Tom

His patented Crazy Idea of the Day is low hanging fruit... like an easy to bash pinata. Except there is just sand in it.

Heck, 24 hours ago it was all about drafting two QBs high. In the history of the NFL, that has been brought up.... never.
Post #: 1214
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 4:05:37 PM   
marty

Trading with a division foe was thought of as a crazy idea, until Kwesi did it twice.

Suggesting others perception of Kwesi might be influenced by what he did in the past, is not a Kwesi idea.

It was unusual for the Redskins to use both a 1st round pick, and a 4th round pick the same year on a QB, but it wasn't such a bad idea, and would have been considered a GREAT idea if one of them had gone on to win a SB.

The reason why I mentioned the possibility of the Vikings drafting 2 in the 1st round this year is:

1) The cost of trading up might be way too much
2) There are arguably 6 potential franchise QBs this year (7 if you like Rattler - I don't like the name)
3) The Vikings might be in a great position (having 2 1sts) and are the only team in that position, where it is of great need, and they could take numbers 4 and 5, or 5 and 6.
4) They could always trade the 2nd one for a decent amount, if he is still highly regarded, either during the next season, or during the next off-season.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1215
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 4:08:26 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Trading with a division foe was thought of as a crazy idea, until Kwesi did it twice.

Suggesting others perception of Kwesi might be influenced by what he did in the past, is not a Kwesi idea.

It was unusual for the Redskins to use both a 1st round pick, and a 4th round pick the same year on a QB, but it wasn't such a bad idea, and would have been considered a GREAT idea if one of them had gone on to win a SB.

The reason why I mentioned the possibility of the Vikings drafting 2 in the 1st round this year is:

2) There are arguably 6 potential franchise QBs this year (7 if you like Rattler - I don't like the name)
3) The Vikings might be in a great position (having 2 1sts) and are the only team in that position, where it is of great need, and they could take numbers 4 and 5, or 5 and 6.
4) They could always trade the 2nd one for a decent amount, if he is still highly regarded, either during the next season, or during the next off-season.

It's a strange idea, but it could work out. I'd be super interested in seeing a QB battle between Darnold, Penix and Nix. Maybe we keep Penix and Nix and trade Darnold.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1216
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 4:42:45 PM   
marty

Earlier on Satellite radio, I heard a HORRIBLE mock draft.

They had the Vikings trading up to #5 for McCarthy, and giving up 3 1sts and Addison, and maybe there was even more, I can't recall.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1217
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 4:51:27 PM   
Todd M

So you heard a dumb mock. And….
Post #: 1218
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 4:53:08 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

It's a strange idea, but it could work out. I'd be super interested in seeing a QB battle between Darnold, Penix and Nix. Maybe we keep Penix and Nix and trade Darnold.

No reason to entertain this at all. No team would do it.
Post #: 1219
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 6:39:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Completely.

We stick to our plan.

It was satire. I don't believe the Bears give a rat's ass about who we pick nor we about them. They will make the best deal for themselves which may be no deal at all.

okay, okay. I missed the tone.
Post #: 1220
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 7:21:38 PM   
Chris Olson

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/could-a-falcons-vikings-tampering-settlement-be-announced-just-before-round-one-of-the-draft

So does anyone think this story has any validity?

I have seen it in a couple places now

That would be some crazy shit
Post #: 1221
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 7:51:54 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/could-a-falcons-vikings-tampering-settlement-be-announced-just-before-round-one-of-the-draft

So does anyone think this story has any validity?

I have seen it in a couple places now

That would be some crazy shit

That would be too good to be true if you are Vikings fan.

So it must not be true.

Plus, I don't think we were ever really in the Cousins 'sweepstakes' during the tampering period.

I could see the Falcons getting their hand slapped AFTER the draft.

Anything more than that is gravy though.
Post #: 1222
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 9:08:26 PM  1 votes
Todd M

What the Falcons did was reprehensible. A blight on the NFL. Because of them we have to spend at least #1 on a QB and therefore anything short of surrendering the 8th pick to us will fail settle this egregious infraction. I still feel violated.
Post #: 1223
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/12/2024 10:41:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

What the Falcons did was reprehensible. A blight on the NFL. Because of them we have to spend at least #1 on a QB and therefore anything short of surrendering the 8th pick to us will fail settle this egregious infraction. I still feel violated.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1224
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/13/2024 12:29:53 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

The Falcons helped us close the door on an era of futile quarterbacking disrepute. Therefore, I think we should offer them our pretend second and third rounders out of gratitude for saving us from violating ourselves once again.
Post #: 1225
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode