Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 8:39:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

The vast majority of the most current mocks have JJ McCarthy going in the top 10 picks now. I just poured through a slew of them and the latest I saw McCarthy picked was by the Vikings at #11. I've also read that NFL scouts like JJ better than the evaluators on draft sites.

If he is there at #11, the Vikings should pounce. He won't be on the board if they trade back.

The mocks having McCarthy go earlier are sheep mentality. Somebody hears somebody bleating McCarthy they fall in line Baaaa... Baaa.... If we don't get him. No big loss. I'd rather get the great pass rushers available at 11. I could be wrong. He might be worth pick 11. I think he isn't.

Perfect. Thank you.

I say ‘7’, you say no way, then you throw yourself on the ground and curl up in the shape of a 7.
Post #: 151
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 8:43:32 AM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

The vast majority of the most current mocks have JJ McCarthy going in the top 10 picks now. I just poured through a slew of them and the latest I saw McCarthy picked was by the Vikings at #11. I've also read that NFL scouts like JJ better than the evaluators on draft sites.

If he is there at #11, the Vikings should pounce. He won't be on the board if they trade back.

The mocks having McCarthy go earlier are sheep mentality. Somebody hears somebody bleating McCarthy they fall in line Baaaa... Baaa.... If we don't get him. No big loss. I'd rather get the great pass rushers available at 11. I could be wrong. He might be worth pick 11. I think he isn't.

Yes, we get it. The two guys who agree with are NFL gurus. Anyone who likes McCarthy is a sheep. Sites like CBS, the Athletic and SI are moving McCarthy up because they have found the actual NFL teams are higher on McCarthy than the draft gurus with websites.

I see a guy who would go higher if he wasn't constrained by one of the few offenses more run heavy than the Gophers. I'll be very happy if the Vikings can get him at 12.

This is the issue.

I wouldn’t mind landing either McCarthy or Penix … but now that KG has gotten involved, he makes it impossible not to pull for the guy he is trying so hard to poop on.
Post #: 152
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 10:08:13 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

You can fix stupid.. but they scream, a lot..
Wear earplugs..
But keep beating..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 153
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 10:39:39 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

You can fix stupid.. but they scream, a lot..
Wear earplugs..
But keep beating..

Post #: 154
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 7:24:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, we get it. The two guys who agree with are NFL gurus. Anyone who likes McCarthy is a sheep. Sites like CBS, the Athletic and SI are moving McCarthy up because they have found the actual NFL teams are higher on McCarthy than the draft gurus with websites.

I see a guy who would go higher if he wasn't constrained by one of the few offenses more run heavy than the Gophers. I'll be very happy if the Vikings can get him at 12.

The two guys I mentioned are pretty well respected, however I disagree with them. I have McCarthy above Penix. Bucky Brooks, Joel Klatt, CBS, The Athletic and SI know nothing about what actual NFL teams think. I have McCarthy projected to go somewhere between 5-42. Anybody who thinks they can narrow it down more than that are IMO making a wild ass guess. I personally wouldn't take him at 11 when some very good pass rushers are available. I already said I could be wrong. McCarthy could end up being real good. I think he has a chance to be good which is worth a late 1st or early 2nd. If we trade up to 1 and take him I will throw my full support to him.

If the Vikings are going to get him at pick 12 that would involve a trade back.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/24/2024 7:49:26 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 155
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 7:27:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is the issue.

I wouldn’t mind landing either McCarthy or Penix … but now that KG has gotten involved, he makes it impossible not to pull for the guy he is trying so hard to poop on.

First of all I don't agree with those Guru's you are talking about. I have McCarthy above Penix. Why do you want to turn a discussion into an argument or fight? Why do you insist on misrepresenting my stance?

I've said nothing bad about McCarthy. Not one tiny little thing. I've been very complimentary of him saying he's probably worth a late first round pick. That is far from pooping on him. About 3 weeks ago McCarthy was universally considered a 2nd round pick. I guess CBS, SI and the Athletic are more complimentary than me now. We haven't even made it to the combine and they've moved McCarthy up their draft boards 40 picks or more. That's why I call the people moving McCarthy up draft boards massive amounts sheep. They got nothing to go on. Klatt and Brooks are less complimentary. I think that makes me pretty middle of the road and uncommitted regarding him.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/24/2024 7:46:59 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 156
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/24/2024 10:04:12 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is the issue.

First of all I don't agree with those Guru's you are talking about. I have McCarthy above Penix. Why do you want to turn a discussion into an argument or fight? Why do you insist on misrepresenting my stance?

I've said nothing bad about McCarthy. Not one tiny little thing. I've been very complimentary of him saying he's probably worth a late first round pick. That is far from pooping on him. About 3 weeks ago McCarthy was universally considered a 2nd round pick. I guess CBS, SI and the Athletic are more complimentary than me now. We haven't even made it to the combine and they've moved McCarthy up their draft boards 40 picks or more. That's why I call the people moving McCarthy up draft boards massive amounts sheep. They got nothing to go on. Klatt and Brooks are less complimentary. I think that makes me pretty middle of the road and uncommitted regarding him.

I've told you before, point blank, I don't think you argue your points honestly.

In this case, start with you arguing that 'you haven't said one tiny' bad thing about McCarthy / you've been 'very complimentary' ... instead of admitting that you said 'he's nothing special' and unworthy of #11.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Penix is far better than McCarthy ... just don't be so obtuse about it.

Next go to your comments about Klatt and Brooks as 'very nice endorsements' for Penix ... when TJ refers to a bunch of mocks favoring McCarthy over Penix – which is true of my experience as well – the vein in your neck pops out and you go on about THOSE draftniks being bleating sheep! Even though no specific names were referred to. They're sheep because they didn't agree with you.

You mocked Penix and gawd durn it that makes it scripture.

It happens every draft cycle.

If you can't see it, it can't be explained to you.
Post #: 157
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 10:45:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

I just wish he would say he doesn’t like any of the top ones. I would take any of the top 7-8. Even Rattler Milton later.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 158
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 1:00:19 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I just wish he would say he doesn’t like any of the top ones. I would take any of the top 7-8. Even Rattler Milton later.

You and I bicker all ... the ... time. We couldn't come at things more differently.

But that is plainly just a difference of opinion between two fans of the same team.

Arguing with KG is a vastly different animal.

He expresses a point of view over and over then puts his hands over his ears and yells,'lalalalalala' when you are trying to respond.
Post #: 159
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 1:29:54 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is the issue.

I've told you before, point blank, I don't think you argue your points honestly.

In this case, start with you arguing that 'you haven't said one tiny' bad thing about McCarthy / you've been 'very complimentary' ... instead of admitting that you said 'he's nothing special' and unworthy of #11.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Penix is far better than McCarthy ... just don't be so obtuse about it.

Next go to your comments about Klatt and Brooks as 'very nice endorsements' for Penix ... when TJ refers to a bunch of mocks favoring McCarthy over Penix – which is true of my experience as well – the vein in your neck pops out and you go on about THOSE draftniks being bleating sheep! Even though no specific names were referred to. They're sheep because they didn't agree with you.

You mocked Penix and gawd durn it that makes it scripture.

It happens every draft cycle.

If you can't see it, it can't be explained to you.

Saying he sucks would be a bad thing. Saying he's not worthy of 11 in the draft and he's nothing special is not. Calling somebody worthy of a first round pick is quite complimentary. I DON'T think Penix is far better than McCarthy. I don't even think he's as good as McCarthy. I am mind boggled by people's lack of reading comprehension. All I did was share the thinking of 2 pretty highly respected draft analysts who like Penix better. I mocked Penix because McCarthy was not available at the time. I also have Nix above Penix. So how on Earth did you get the idea that I preferred Penix to McCarthy???? I'm among the sheep who prefer McCarthy to Penix I guess. The reason I called those sources bleating sheep is because McCarthy hasn't done one single thing to cause his stock to rise, but it has risen around 40 places in all these mocks for no reason at all.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 160
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 1:32:55 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

You and I bicker all ... the ... time. We couldn't come at things more differently.

But that is plainly just a difference of opinion between two fans of the same team.

He expresses a point of view over and over then puts his hands over his ears and yells,'lalalalalala' when you are trying to respond.

I have responded point by point to your responses. I have read them and comprehended them. You read me specifically saying I prefer McCarthy to Penix and come away thinking I think Penix is far better. I can't make this up.
Here is just one of my comments saying I prefer McCarthy to Penix. The two guys I mentioned are pretty well respected, however I disagree with them. I have McCarthy above Penix. There are others.

Why do you try to make an argument or fight over something that there should be no argument or fight. Why do you misrepresent my stances? Is it intentional lying?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/25/2024 1:42:45 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 161
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 3:05:43 PM   
kgdabom

Here's one I like
J.J. McCarthy
QB Michigan
T'Vondre Sweat
DT Texas
Tyler Nubin
S Minnesota
Jonah Elliss
EDGE Utah
MarShawn Lloyd
RB USC
Tyrice Knight
LB UTEP
M.J. Devonshire
CB Pittsburgh
2025 CLE 3rd

I traded back and got an extra 2nd round pick this year, a 3rd round pick next year, and still got my #4 QB. I wasn't able to get one of the Edge Rushers I liked, but that's the price for getting the QB.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/25/2024 3:10:01 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 162
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 3:10:04 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have responded point by point to your responses. I have read them and comprehended them. You read me specifically saying I prefer McCarthy to Penix and come away thinking I think Penix is far better. I can't make this up.
Here is just one of my comments saying I prefer McCarthy to Penix. The two guys I mentioned are pretty well respected, however I disagree with them. I have McCarthy above Penix. There are others.

Why do you try to make an argument or fight over something that there should be no argument or fight. Why do you misrepresent my stances? Is it intentional lying?

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts.

But you haven’t even scratched the surface of my meaning so stop trying.

We’ll have to agree to misunderstand eachother and move on.
Post #: 163
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 5:14:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts.

But you haven’t even scratched the surface of my meaning so stop trying.

We’ll have to agree to misunderstand each other and move on.

LOL! He cherry picked his two evaluators. He's apparently never seen players rise and fall in the projections. He is literally all over the map. Other than that, his posts are fine.
Post #: 164
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 5:18:22 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

What false praise! Phil has his own set of ploys. Although when Phil and KGBum go at it, Bum is on the losing end. THAT is saying something.

Bum isn't going to let it go. He'll go to the flat ends of the earth to make you see his ways.
Post #: 165
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 9:14:43 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

CBS, The Athletic and SI know nothing about what actual NFL teams think.

Actually, they do. The Athletic in particular is comprised of a lot of former team beat writers, who have many contacts inside the organizations they covered. Other national publications build relationships with current beat writers, broadcasters, etc.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 166
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/25/2024 10:38:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

CBS, The Athletic and SI know nothing about what actual NFL teams think.

Actually, they do. The Athletic in particular is comprised of a lot of former team beat writers, who have many contacts inside the organizations they covered. Other national publications build relationships with current beat writers, broadcasters, etc.

I don't buy that the teams would tell them anything other than Smokescreens. Leaks should be only intentional misinformation. If I was a GM of a team and found out any employee leaked anything true I would immediately fire that employee and bring civil charges against them.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/25/2024 10:44:54 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 167
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/26/2024 8:05:14 AM   
TJSweens

All good beat reporters have moles inside the organizations they cover. They know a lot of things that they keep off the record.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 168
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/26/2024 10:16:09 AM   
David Levine

quote:

All good beat reporters have moles inside the organizations they cover. They know a lot of things that they keep off the record.

Exactly.

How do you think Woj and Shams accurately announce every NBA draft pick literally minutes before they happen?
Post #: 169
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/26/2024 10:48:23 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

How do they get these moles willing to share important team secrets? Do they bribe them and the moles just hope to never get caught?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 170
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/26/2024 10:49:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Exactly.

How do you think Woj and Shams accurately announce every NBA draft pick literally minutes before they happen?

Because at that point the teams want the publicity and volunteer the information.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 171
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/26/2024 11:35:20 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Exactly.

Yes. Michael Russo is another great example in the NHL. They promise to keep it off the record until a certain time or frame the information in a vague context.

Post #: 172
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/28/2024 12:42:22 PM   
kgdabom

For those who like Penix this no trade stick and pick draft is a good one.

Dallas Turner
EDGE Alabama
Michael Penix Jr.
QB Washington
Mekhi Wingo
DT LSU
Brandon Coleman
OG TCU
Dillon Johnson
RB Washington
Drake Nugent
OC Michigan
Sam Hartman
QB Notre Dame
Omar Speights
LB LSU

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 173
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/28/2024 12:54:22 PM   
kgdabom

I've been wanting an Edge rusher unless Daniels falls, but Murphy is looking like a freaking stud and I'm on board with him being the pick.
Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline
Byron Murphy/DT/Texas, was the most physically impressive defender this morning during the #NFLCombine media session. I'm told he already has 25 official meetings here in Indy. Still hearing the
@Vikings
at 11.
9:56 AM · Feb 28, 2024

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 174
RE: 2024 Draft - 2/28/2024 1:02:33 PM   
kgdabom

More fuel to the Murphy to the Vikings fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koWiRUbMlzU

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/28/2024 8:12:47 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode