Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 5/4/2024 12:16:49 PM   
marty

Then he might do fine against Flores' defense in practice.

I could see Darnold struggling with it. Should JJ perform well against blitzing, while Darnold struggles with it, JJ may be starting sooner than we think.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2126
RE: 2024 Draft - 5/5/2024 12:13:49 PM   
Ricky J

Is there anyone here that subscribes to The Athletic that would be willing to copy & paste for us to read, "Revealing the identity of Prospect X, the most overlooked player in the 2024 NFL Draft?"
Post #: 2127
RE: 2024 Draft - 5/5/2024 2:38:07 PM   
TJSweens

All I know is that prospect x is Levi Drake Rodriguez. The Vikings were supposedly pissed when they saw 16 other teams came for his workout and he was one of their 30 prospects that they hosted. The Vikings were so fired up about him that they made him their second 7th round pick.

Rodriguez is up to 306 lbs according to the article.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2128
RE: 2024 Draft - 5/5/2024 4:12:29 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Is there anyone here that subscribes to The Athletic that would be willing to copy & paste for us to read, "Revealing the identity of Prospect X, the most overlooked player in the 2024 NFL Draft?"

It's pretty long...

Revealing the identity of Prospect X, the most overlooked player in the 2024 NFL Draft
Kalyn Kahler, May 1, 2024

quote:

“I hate my phone!” X says.

It does this annoying thing where it silences calls from unknown numbers, so even though he had it in his hand, he wasn’t looking at the screen when the call from the 952 area code came in.

X thought he was prepared. He’d even done a trial run earlier that day. His friends called to see if his volume was loud enough, and he changed his ringtone to the NFL draft theme that chimes whenever a pick is made.

During one of the test runs, his mom, Dorothy, brought out a blowhorn to try to get people to stop talking, but the noise barely made a dent in the buzz created by the 70 or so people at his draft party.

X’s parents live in a one-story, 980-square-foot home. There are two bedrooms and one bathroom, a kitchen, a living room and a narrow hallway leading to the backyard. It’s the home X and his older sister, Jirah, grew up in together, where they shared a bedroom with a divider down the middle.

It’s the home where his dad, Narciso, would lock X out until he’d burned off some of his limitless energy. He wasn’t allowed to come back inside until he finished building whatever project he’d started — a deer blind or a hammock or a wood carving. It’s the home where X would drink more from the hose than he would from the sink.

That's the first 10% or so. It's a feature article.

< Message edited by DavidAOlson -- 5/5/2024 4:13:35 PM >

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 2129
RE: 2024 Draft - 5/5/2024 4:13:59 PM   
Ricky J

That's fine!
Thanks guys
Post #: 2130
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  82 83 84 85 [86]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode