Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:07:39 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Is there another RB out there we can bring in that can help as a receiver Jones is so good but it was the key today against the Jets. Need another receiving option out of the backfield.

TJ should be back but w/o Jones our offense isn’t as dynamic

Aspect Jones will be 🔙 after the I expect after the bye

< Message edited by thebigo -- 10/6/2024 8:10:32 PM >
Post #: 2576
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:16:01 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Is there another RB out there we can bring in that can help as a receiver Jones is so good but it was the key today against the Jets. Need another receiving option out of the backfield.

It's still an issue though. He's not exactly an ironman where this is an anomaly. He has a history of missing chunks of games. It's fine this early but if that happens around the playoff time (assuming we make them) will be a huge problem. Chandler is starting to show he may be "JAG"
Post #: 2577
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:20:53 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Anyone care to remember the last time we were undefeated after 5 and had a kicker that was perfect
Post #: 2578
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:36:57 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Anyone care to remember the last time we were undefeated after 5 and had a kicker that was perfect

Yeah. We finished 8-8. I hope we don't repeat that nonsense.
Post #: 2579
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:41:46 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Maybe I botched that. I was going for 98
Post #: 2580
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 8:52:24 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

We made completely boneheaded plays all day today and still won. I'm hoping that's a good sign.
Post #: 2581
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 10:27:00 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I loathe the Cowboys but that "personal foul" hit on Fields is BS.
Post #: 2582
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 10:43:10 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I loathe the Cowboys but that "personal foul" hit on Fields is BS.

Completely. It's a cowardly call.
Post #: 2583
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 10:51:35 PM  1 votes
marty

JJ McCarthy is a winner.

The Vikings have won every game since he joined the team, they are 8-0 (including the pre-season).

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2584
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/6/2024 11:21:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Come on Marty. I want him to be great too but you're totally ridiculous.
Post #: 2585
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 6:11:11 AM   
Todd M

Any talk of Darnold’s possible injury?

I know in KOC’s presser he updated on Jones but that was it.
Post #: 2586
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 6:42:05 AM   
Todd M

It just seems like there’s little talk of something we all noted was affecting his accuracy. He went from bang on to way off.

Just soreness and we can assume it won’t show up in Detroit

< Message edited by Todd M -- 10/7/2024 6:44:15 AM >
Post #: 2587
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 6:48:53 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Random question on the rookie kicker Reichard.

Is it my imagination, or do his kicks seem to be unusually straight & true, not much hook/slice (or draw/fade) action? Maybe I haven't seen enough of the kicks.

Today at least one was not straight and true. A couple leaned heavily to the right.

IIRC, his kicks were all on the right side. That's not what I mean. On the two long kicks, they didn't move left/right at all. The 41 yarder had a little left to right slice/push action.

At least the ones I paid attention to, most don't seem to move left/right as they travel.

I can only recall the one kick that had movement to it. This last one. That he needed or it was going to be a straight miss.
Post #: 2588
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:08:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Random question on the rookie kicker Reichard.

Is it my imagination, or do his kicks seem to be unusually straight & true, not much hook/slice (or draw/fade) action? Maybe I haven't seen enough of the kicks.

Today at least one was not straight and true. A couple leaned heavily to the right.

IIRC, his kicks were all on the right side. That's not what I mean. On the two long kicks, they didn't move left/right at all. The 41 yarder had a little left to right slice/push action.

At least the ones I paid attention to, most don't seem to move left/right as they travel.

I can only recall the one kick that had movement to it. This last one. That he needed or it was going to be a straight miss.

It could be just the wind also....that stadium has a circle slightly bigger than Cowboy Stadium use to have.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2589
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:09:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

It's still an issue though. He's not exactly an ironman where this is an anomaly. He has a history of missing chunks of games. It's fine this early but if that happens around the playoff time (assuming we make them) will be a huge problem. Chandler is starting to show he may be "JAG"

That was the matchup advantage we had with the Jets....TE and Receiving RB.

Post #: 2590
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:12:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

We made completely boneheaded plays all day today and still won. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Remember the game was overseas.....that happens normally and we still got the W. We would have taken a 6 point victory the last 2 years as a blowout.

Post #: 2591
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:56:11 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Remember the game was overseas.....that happens normally and we still got the W. We would have taken a 6 point victory the last 2 years as a blowout.

Yeah I pointed out that it would probably be sloppy. What I didn't expect was lots of moronic plays. We got away with it but I'm hoping we're serious about cleaning it up during the bye. Hopefully Sam's ribs aren't too bad.
Post #: 2592
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 8:45:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I pointed out that it would probably be sloppy. What I didn't expect was lots of moronic plays. We got away with it but I'm hoping we're serious about cleaning it up during the bye. Hopefully Sam's ribs aren't too bad.

That got me wondering about how much extra time they might have.

This is three years old:

During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday.

- They'll almost assuredly get at least Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun off.
- They might be traveling today so Monday might be out as a practice opportunity.
- KOC could reward them by giving more than the minimum, like adding Wed onto the days off. Or the whole week.

So anywhere from 0-3 extra days.

But do they really need a practice field to coach against stupidity? Illegal formations? Delay of games? Running out of bounds last week to stop the clock? Snapping the ball last week way too early when they should have been running out the clock? Block in the back? Touching the punt returner waiting to field the ball?

I would have told Ward to find his own way home after the block in the back that occurred behind the punt returner.

And a couple of extra practices isn't going to help KOC manage the game. During games, he is basically an offensive coordinator who has just been told the HC had to leave so just wing the HC duties the best you can and definitely don't let them interfere with your focus on playcalling.

Maybe they need to be holed up in a classroom and be made to watch the NFL's most stupid plays with them in it. Or bring in somebody from the outside and call out the idiots by name, to include KOC!

Now get off my lawn!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/7/2024 9:20:15 AM >
Post #: 2593
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 9:01:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

This isn't the first stupid play by Ward but it is so bad you have to laugh.

The coverage guy gets ahead of Ward and is off to the races. He's flying, but is all thrust and no vector. He ends up to the left of the returner Powell with Ward in pursuit. Meanwhile, Powell fields the ball and heads upfield. At this point there is LITERALLY nobody in the field of view of the coverage guy or Ward. The coverage guy sort of continues his meaningless slant to the left to where the returner was seconds ago, maybe to save a bit of face who knows. Undeterred, Ward is still on his ass and as they pass Powell like two ships in the ocean shoves him onto the ground... two-handed, forcibly, and about centered on the back.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/7/2024 9:18:19 AM >
Post #: 2594
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 10:48:29 AM   
David Levine

How is the rule, that if a blocker is engaged with a gunner, the PR loses fair catch privileges?

If you're the punting team, why wouldn't you just try to push your man into the returner on every attempt?

That can't be the rule...
Post #: 2595
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 10:56:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

How is the rule, that if a blocker is engaged with a gunner, the PR loses fair catch privileges?

If you're the punting team, why wouldn't you just try to push your man into the returner on every attempt?

That can't be the rule...

That seemed totally ridiculous to me too.
Post #: 2596
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 11:21:12 AM   
David Levine

Fun fact: Aaron Rodgers is 1-48 in games where he trailed in the fourth quarter against winning teams
Post #: 2597
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 12:19:54 PM   
beo

BEO Jets Game Random Notes

1) Run Defense
Who had the Vikes run defense as being "completely fixed" in 2024?
Not me.
I'm stunned at how good the run defense has been without really adding a true NT.

2) Passing Offense
It seemed to me like KOC called a different game against the Jets.
Darnold audibled a ton which I can't remember happening much at all in the earlier games.
I suspect KOC is trying to expand the offense (as you might expect with a new qb)... and it didn't seem to work.
KOC may have found limitations of Darnold... I wouldn't rule out that offense can't still improve but it may just take some growing pains.
Darnold imo, is a great physical qb but doesn't come off as a great football IQ qb.
Will be interesting to see how far he can take it.
Next game should be very telling with extra time to plan.
Post #: 2598
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 12:25:37 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

So we started 5-0 twice and missed the playoffs. Nate Poole catch year and Zimm year. Crazy stat.
Post #: 2599
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 12:57:30 PM   
Lars

My $0.02:

Always happy with a win! I know it was a "home" game, but it was on the road with 6 hour time difference....

Rodgers with 3 INT! Love it!

And he is such a whiny bitch after each incompletion and INT.

The defense is really playing great TEAM defense.

The NYJ pass defense is really good. They harassed our WR all game and were very aggressive. I think there could have been several more PI called on them.

The roughing the kicker call was weak, IMHO.

Jones is what I thought he would be and we need him back.

Darnold had a rough half in the second half. He had a number of really poor throws. There was also some funky route running with the rain, but still....

Loved the sack by 22 on Rodgers....and then he did the belt celebration LMFAO

Our kicker is locked in.

Enjoy the BYE and then get back to it!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2600
Page:   <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode