Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2024 1:00:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

You seem to have this notion that teams that are in the drivers seat for picks are bringing the draft trade value chart to negotiations. It’s going to be value plus not fair value.

I don't see them as being in the Drivers seat. They want our 11 and 23. Sure they will try to sucker us into giving more. There is no shortage of excellent QB prospects in this draft.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/6/2024 1:01:53 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2024 3:41:43 PM   
TJSweens

There are 3 excellent QB prospects in this draft (Williams, Daniels Maye). Two are fool's gold (Nix & Penix). One is somewhere in between (McCarthy).

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2024 5:49:59 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

There are 3 excellent QB prospects in this draft (Williams, Daniels Maye). Two are fool's gold (Nix & Penix). One is somewhere in between (McCarthy).

I don't get the love for Maye. He's big and strong. Lots of people are big and strong.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/6/2024 5:58:22 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2024 6:16:08 PM   
Chris Olson

If Richardson is they guy they wanted last year, then one could assume that Daniels is very much in play for them to move up for...

Not the only guy, I'm sure, but a player with the mobility skills of Daniels has maybe more similarities to Richardson than the others

I would have expected Maye to be the guy they like the most this year, and maybe you can't draw any correlation to Richardson's game and playstyle and any of this year's QB class

It also seems weird to me that Richardson was their target when KOC has discussed how much they value accuracy as the most important trait in a QB...not at all what Richardson is known for
Post #: 404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 1:35:21 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Not buying the stuff about Richardson last year, what KOC seeks, etc. The qualities that KOC spewed are merely things he wished he had when playing QB in the league.
They could be looking for a QB that adds a running dimension or ability to make plays out of nothing merely because that's in vogue. God knows why, and there's no telling how quick such a QB would be a bust here.
Post #: 405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 10:52:04 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I don't get the love for Maye. He's big and strong. Lots of people are big and strong.

That's about as incomplete a scouting report as I have ever seen.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 12:03:26 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Not buying the stuff about Richardson last year, what KOC seeks, etc. The qualities that KOC spewed are merely things he wished he had when playing QB in the league.
They could be looking for a QB that adds a running dimension or ability to make plays out of nothing merely because that's in vogue. God knows why, and there's no telling how quick such a QB would be a bust here.

You’re back from your sabbatical.

You missed some saucy intellectual draft analysis from myself and others.

All of it perfectly spot on and rational like the lingering Richardson innuendo.
Post #: 407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 12:13:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Pretty much. I’ll take anyone out of desperation … if nothing else, to upgrade Hall and eventually Mullens. I think the top 3 are probably unreachable … just too much talent to pass up by three QB desperate teams.

We wont know for sure until things unfold in real time but its a defining moment by Kwesi.
Post #: 408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:01:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's about as incomplete a scouting report as I have ever seen.

OK let me expand per evaluation by Kurt Warner,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDomjfWrcfk
Chris Simms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7Q9v9Kkdc
and other top analysts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNh0rMarmbQ&t=68s

Sloppy footwork, misses wide open simple throws due to poor concentration. Plays poorly under pressure and clutch situations. He's got a big arm, redundant with strong. Throws a pretty good deep ball. Runs pretty well when he needs to. How much more complete would you like it to be.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/7/2024 3:18:03 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:16:23 PM   
TJSweens

How about

Excellent athletic ability with quickness and speed, making him a dual-threat as a scrambler and designed runner.
Boasts very strong arm strength, delivering throws with high velocity outside the numbers and deep downfield.
Demonstrates great skill in throwing off-platform and under pressure, maintaining accuracy even in a cluttered pocket.
Shows superb accuracy across all three levels of the field, coupled with occasional flashes of exceptional touch.
Operates effectively within structure, maintaining timeliness and awareness of checkdown options.
Prototypical, tall QB build combined with exceptional mobility and quantifiable elite arm talent.
Effortlessly generates high velocity on throws with a crisp release, effectively pushing the ball outside the numbers.
Exhibits remarkable 360-degree arm flexibility and fluidity, enhancing his ability to make off-platform throws.
In 2022 North Carolina had one of the worst offensive lines in college football, but he still managed to put up huge numbers despite being under constant pressure
Impressive sporting bloodlines - Dad, Mark, played QB at North Carolina, and his brother, Luke, was a two-time All-ACC basketball player as a Tar Heel
Tall athlete with the speed and foot quickness to pick up yards on the ground. Ran a lot of designed quarterback runs and showed the athleticism to be considered a legitimate dual-threat option.

Post #: 410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:17:45 PM   
TJSweens

Or...

Tall, prototypical, well-built QB with superb mobility and quantifiably elite arm talent.
Generates high-level velocity with effortless ease and a crisp, snappy release.
Can push the ball outside the numbers and past tight coverage with very little strain.
Has extremely fluid hip torque and legitimate 360-degree arm elasticity off-platform.
Possesses extremely underrated quick twitch, lateral burst, and evasive ability.
Has impressive control and alignment with his shoulders, both in and out of structure.
Has the corrective mobility and foot quickness to stabilize his base ahead of throws.
Displays consistent anticipation both when reacting to breaks and reading zones.
Can work left to right on progressions and consistently leads his eyes with his feet.
Boasts rare leverage awareness both as a pocket navigator and a downfield passer.
Weaponizes his high-level anticipation and field vision with active eye manipulation.
Has a willingness to take calculated risks but can also take what the defense gives him.
Greatly improved his pocket discipline and navigation feel as a space operator in 2023.
Has exceptional accuracy and situational placement to all levels to negate contact.
Competitive toughness and poise show up both as a pocket operator and a runner.

Post #: 411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:19:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

How about

Excellent athletic ability with quickness and speed, making him a dual-threat as a scrambler and designed runner.
Boasts very strong arm strength, delivering throws with high velocity outside the numbers and deep downfield.
Demonstrates great skill in throwing off-platform and under pressure, maintaining accuracy even in a cluttered pocket.
Shows superb accuracy across all three levels of the field, coupled with occasional flashes of exceptional touch.
Operates effectively within structure, maintaining timeliness and awareness of checkdown options.
Prototypical, tall QB build combined with exceptional mobility and quantifiable elite arm talent.
Effortlessly generates high velocity on throws with a crisp release, effectively pushing the ball outside the numbers.
Exhibits remarkable 360-degree arm flexibility and fluidity, enhancing his ability to make off-platform throws.
In 2022 North Carolina had one of the worst offensive lines in college football, but he still managed to put up huge numbers despite being under constant pressure
Impressive sporting bloodlines - Dad, Mark, played QB at North Carolina, and his brother, Luke, was a two-time All-ACC basketball player as a Tar Heel
Tall athlete with the speed and foot quickness to pick up yards on the ground. Ran a lot of designed quarterback runs and showed the athleticism to be considered a legitimate dual-threat option.

I think you just went Pros and skipped the cons.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:19:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Or...

Tall, prototypical, well-built QB with superb mobility and quantifiably elite arm talent.
Can push the ball outside the numbers and past tight coverage with very little strain.
Has extremely fluid hip torque and legitimate 360-degree arm elasticity off-platform.
Possesses extremely underrated quick twitch, lateral burst, and evasive ability.
Has impressive control and alignment with his shoulders, both in and out of structure.
Has the corrective mobility and foot quickness to stabilize his base ahead of throws.
Displays consistent anticipation both when reacting to breaks and reading zones.
Can work left to right on progressions and consistently leads his eyes with his feet.
Boasts rare leverage awareness both as a pocket navigator and a downfield passer.
Weaponizes his high-level anticipation and field vision with active eye manipulation.
Has a willingness to take calculated risks but can also take what the defense gives him.
Greatly improved his pocket discipline and navigation feel as a space operator in 2023.
Has exceptional accuracy and situational placement to all levels to negate contact.

Check out the Videos I added to my prior post.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/7/2024 3:21:25 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:20:45 PM   
TJSweens

Or even...

STRENGTHS
Maye possesses an elite arm that allows him to get the ball to his desired target despite not being in the best throwing position. Arm strength isn’t all about how far one can throw the ball, as the velocity that they throw with is just as important. Maye has that velocity that allows him to fit the ball into tight windows.
He’s shown an elite ability to operate in the middle of the field. He had a 94.8 PFF passing grade on throws in between the college hashes, which led all FBS quarterbacks with at least 50 attempts. To be a consistent passer over the middle of the field, quarterbacks need to be on time with their progressions, and Maye can do that at a consistently high level. He knows how to hold underneath defenders with his eyes while throwing the ball right behind them with good anticipation.
Maye is not just a sneaky good athlete, he’s a great athlete. When the play breaks down, he can still succeed, but he doesn’t rely on it. That playmaking ability can be very chaotic at times, leading to plays you don’t normally see on a football field.

Post #: 414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:21:53 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Or...

You're question was what the Maye love was about.

Post #: 415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:22:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Or even...

STRENGTHS
Maye possesses an elite arm that allows him to get the ball to his desired target despite not being in the best throwing position. Arm strength isn’t all about how far one can throw the ball, as the velocity that they throw with is just as important. Maye has that velocity that allows him to fit the ball into tight windows.
He’s shown an elite ability to operate in the middle of the field. He had a 94.8 PFF passing grade on throws in between the college hashes, which led all FBS quarterbacks with at least 50 attempts. To be a consistent passer over the middle of the field, quarterbacks need to be on time with their progressions, and Maye can do that at a consistently high level. He knows how to hold underneath defenders with his eyes while throwing the ball right behind them with good anticipation.
Maye is not just a sneaky good athlete, he’s a great athlete. When the play breaks down, he can still succeed, but he doesn’t rely on it. That playmaking ability can be very chaotic at times, leading to plays you don’t normally see on a football field.

You really need to watch the video breakdowns rather than reading the press release from North Carolina's sports dept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixPxQTPV-s

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/7/2024 3:30:18 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2024 3:31:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or...

You're question was what the Maye love was about.

Good point. I'll give you that one. 50/50 He'll be our draft pick. I hope all the love is justified. We really need to keep the draft prospects chat out of the general thread. My bad for joining in.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/7/2024 3:46:54 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 12:34:40 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

You’re back from your sabbatical.

You missed some saucy intellectual draft analysis from myself and others.

All of it perfectly spot on and rational like the lingering Richardson innuendo.

Soon. It's all simple. The top 3 QBs go 1-2-3. Kwesi brilliantly surveys the remains, doesn't like the scraps, trades up/down/sideways, and walks away from Day 1 with the best DL and CB. After a couple of single-malts, he pops back in for Day 3 to draft oft-injured guys.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/8/2024 12:36:13 AM >
Post #: 418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 10:49:26 AM   
timz

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-draft-prospect-drake-maye-kind-player-will-get-you-fired-ex-steelers-player-warns
Post #: 419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 11:04:40 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: timz

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-draft-prospect-drake-maye-kind-player-will-get-you-fired-ex-steelers-player-warns

... but ... its fox news ...
Post #: 420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 11:28:30 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

... but ... its fox news ...

Yea a team with Russel Wilson starting and Justin Fields backing him up, thinks Maye is the kind of QB that would get you fired..

That shit bounced off the wall like a pebble up against concrete..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/8/2024 11:29:50 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 11:28:57 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

So

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 12:45:18 PM   
timz

"... but ... its fox news ... "
Last time I checked Merril Hoge does not work for Fox News
Post #: 423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 1:01:54 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

"... but ... its fox news ... "
Last time I checked Merril Hoge does not work for Fox News

Last time I checked Fox News provides incredibly one-sided erroneous opinions.
Post #: 424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2024 1:08:39 PM  1 votes
timz

I would not know, don't watch it or any other network news. But based on your apparent disdain for Fox I'm guessing you are a "The View" watching kind of guy.
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode