Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 11:34:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

VIKINGS:

T.J. Hockenson - TE
Jay Ward - S
J.J. McCarthy - QB

LIONS:

Hendon Hooker - QB
Terrion Arnold - CB
11:46 AM · Apr 30, 2024

Over the next three years the Vikings will spend about $57-million while the Lions will spend about $15-million. That's what I see.

Used to remember this discussion 30 years ago going into my uncles barber shop....they get paid what the can get paid. Feel the same now as before.

How some things never change. It was Kirby then making too much, then KG, etc. etc. Now some of the posters are turning into those old, get off of my lawn and complain about contract types. Brad are you posting this from a salon chair?

No matter what TJ or Jet make the salary cap is in a better place in 2024 then what it was left in 2022 or 23.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/1/2024 11:38:59 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 11:47:51 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

The Lions were smart. They gave us Hockenson knowing they had a younger and better option behind him. They let us pony up for the 2nd contract.
Post #: 652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 11:54:58 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

The Lions were smart. They gave us Hockenson knowing they had a younger and better option behind him. They let us pony up for the 2nd contract.

They drafted LaPorta the year after they traded Hock.

It was a Diggs trade... where you hit on the pick and end up being better/younger.
It's early but I think the trade is still good for both sides.
Detroit killed it though, have to admit that.
Post #: 653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 12:08:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Bball players are making 50 million a year.

s KAT worth 55 million a year...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Phil has introduced baseball and basketball salaries as he creates a composite major team sports cap.
Post #: 654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 12:13:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

VIKINGS:

T.J. Hockenson - TE
Jay Ward - S
J.J. McCarthy - QB

LIONS:

Hendon Hooker - QB
Terrion Arnold - CB

Over the next three years the Vikings will spend about $57-million while the Lions will spend about $15-million. That's what I see.

Used to remember this discussion 30 years ago going into my uncles barber shop....they get paid what the can get paid. Feel the same now as before.

How some things never change. It was Kirby then making too much, then KG, etc. etc. Now some of the posters are turning into those old, get off of my lawn and complain about contract types. Brad are you posting this from a salon chair?

No matter what TJ or Jet make the salary cap is in a better place in 2024 then what it was left in 2022 or 23.

Yet the IOL and DL are still shit.

And they will stay that way as long as Kwesi sets new bars for salaries.
Post #: 655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 12:22:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Talk about a guy who doesn't score much, JJ looks like Cris Carter compared to Hock.

Averages less than 10 ypr with us. He is however a super strange contortionist when reaching for the ball during an incompletion.

Based on the draft picks and salary, I give Kwesi a C- for that trade which isn't bad considering C is average.
Post #: 656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 12:38:54 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Talk about a guy who doesn't score much, JJ looks like Cris Carter compared to Hock.

Averages less than 10 ypr with us. He is however a super strange contortionist when reaching for the ball during an incompletion.

Based on the draft picks and salary, I give Kwesi a C- for that trade which isn't bad considering C is average.

While I think Hock does provide some value there was probably a reason the Lions moved on and wouldn't pay top dollar for him. They sure hit on the La Porta pick.
Post #: 657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 12:42:25 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

VIKINGS:

T.J. Hockenson - TE
Jay Ward - S
J.J. McCarthy - QB

LIONS:

Hendon Hooker - QB
Terrion Arnold - CB

The D Line is absolute asscheeks if we're being honest.
Post #: 658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 1:31:06 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Phil has introduced baseball and basketball salaries as he creates a composite major team sports cap.

Nothing else to bitch about now with Kirk gone....lets talk about how so many are or not ok with paying millions to professionals.

The Vikings have 17 million in cap if they want to address the Line on either side. Done pretty damn well otherwise in the draft and FA....nah lets bitch about the salaries. Bill apparently up next in the Barber or Salon Chair.

Pick any sport and there are players making millions and the bar is upped every year on salaries....wonder why?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/1/2024 1:40:33 PM >

Post #: 659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 1:51:57 PM   
marty

There are some posters that want to trade away JJ, and using his disappearing in his one playoff game as justification. JJ had 7 catches for 77 yards.

"Beo needs to tell us about all the game winning catches and touchdowns in the playoffs that justify his love affair with a WR who couldn’t hold moss’s sweat towel or Jerry rices Gatorade cup.."

Something you might want to keep in mind, if you used that same criteria for another WR that also lost his 1st playoff game, despite playing with a HOF QB (Montana), and only putting up 4 catches for 44 yards, and he even had a fumble.

His name is Jerry Rice.

So you may want to give JJ a chance to play some more playoff games, and see what he does with a QB that might be more clutch than Kirk Cousins in playoff games.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 3:00:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Nothing else to bitch about now with Kirk gone....lets talk about how so many are or not ok with paying millions to professionals.

The Vikings have 17 million in cap if they want to address the Line on either side. Done pretty damn well otherwise in the draft and FA....nah lets bitch about the salaries. Bill apparently up next in the Barber or Salon Chair.

Pick any sport and there are players making millions and the bar is upped every year on salaries....wonder why?

What's next? Soccer? F1?

And how do you know they've done well in free agency? Or the draft? Others have wisely called you out on that.

So people complain about the direction of the team. The decisions. The actions. Who are you, the front office gestapo? The crusader? YOU are the one bitching most of all, about others. Tough times at the Riewer household?

As for you question, pretty funny coming from a guy who was recently schooled on top 51 salaries.
Post #: 661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 3:18:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

VIKINGS:

T.J. Hockenson - TE
Jay Ward - S
J.J. McCarthy - QB

LIONS:

Hendon Hooker - QB
Terrion Arnold - CB

The D Line is absolute asscheeks if we're being honest.

Tillery! Jihad!
Post #: 662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 3:57:21 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

And how do you know they've done well in free agency? Or the draft? Others have wisely called you out on that.

So people complain about the direction of the team. The decisions. The actions. Who are you, the front office gestapo? The crusader? YOU are the one bitching most of all, about others. Tough times at the Riewer household?

As for you question, pretty funny coming from a guy who was recently schooled on top 51 salaries.

I have learned worrying about what someone else makes moneywise is always a losing proposition. Everyone is well aware you are one of posters always worried about every players money....cap space currently looks good to remarkable.

Schooled? Remember all the holes you said they had to fill w/o cap space? Top 51

Poor Bill after the Lakers lose a series. Now a Division I Troll and just a trolling for the last few days with no takers.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/1/2024 4:03:34 PM >

Post #: 663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:39:29 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

There are some posters that want to trade away JJ, and using his disappearing in his one playoff game as justification. JJ had 7 catches for 77 yards.

"Beo needs to tell us about all the game winning catches and touchdowns in the playoffs that justify his love affair with a WR who couldn’t hold moss’s sweat towel or Jerry rices Gatorade cup.."

Something you might want to keep in mind, if you used that same criteria for another WR that also lost his 1st playoff game, despite playing with a HOF QB (Montana), and only putting up 4 catches for 44 yards, and he even had a fumble.

His name is Jerry Rice.

So you may want to give JJ a chance to play some more playoff games, and see what he does with a QB that might be more clutch than Kirk Cousins in playoff games.

That Giants defense was an amazing defense. The Giants defense JJ was playing against was absolutely pedestrian by comparison.
Post #: 664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:41:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

I have learned worrying about what someone else makes moneywise is always a losing proposition. Everyone is well aware you are one of posters always worried about every players money....cap space currently looks good to remarkable.

Schooled? Remember all the holes you said they had to fill w/o cap space? Top 51

Poor Bill after the Lakers lose a series. Now a Division I Troll and just a trolling for the last few days with no takers.

That's right. Barring an over-the-top void year extravaganza it was obvious they would not adequately fill all the needs. See, the difference between us is they could sign the lousiest FA going and you'd consider it part of a 'success' minutes later. In a fair share of cases, I would simply say it's replacing a turd with a likely turd or something where they tread water.

But you play Management Gestapo. Paint on a little black mustache and put on some high heel black boots. Be sure to attack every critical comment about the state of the team. Live vicariously through Kwesi. Be easily swayed. It suits you. It is you.

Speaking of money, I may be critical of players gobbling too much cap but you can't stand anyone in society getting anything. You've shown that for years in the Political threads.

No takers? Except you... da fool!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/1/2024 4:47:41 PM >
Post #: 665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:42:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

His name is Jerry Rice.

That Giants defense was an amazing defense. The Giants defense JJ was playing against was absolutely pedestrian by comparison.

Ouch!
Post #: 666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:45:44 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I was more alarmed by his lack of 2nd half production
Post #: 667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:47:07 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

That's right. Barring an over-the-top void year extravaganza it was obvious they would not adequately fill all the needs. See, the difference between us is they could sign the lousiest FA going and you'd consider it part of a 'success' minutes later. I would simply say it's replacing a turd with a likely turd.

But you play Management Gestapo. Paint on a little black mustache and put on some high heel black boots. Be sure to attack every critical comment about the state of the team. Live vicariously through Kwesi. Be easily swayed. It suits you. It is you.

Speaking of money, I may be critical of players gobbling too much cap but you can't stand anyone in society getting anything. You've shown that for years in the Political threads.

Bill J, UDFA from Troll State University. My god are you off your rocker. Take a break.

Post #: 668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 4:53:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

That's right. Barring an over-the-top void year extravaganza it was obvious they would not adequately fill all the needs. See, the difference between us is they could sign the lousiest FA going and you'd consider it part of a 'success' minutes later. I would simply say it's replacing a turd with a likely turd.

Bill J, UDFA from Troll State University. My god are you off your rocker. Take a break.

Legit statements, and you have nothing. You can't handle the truth.

Doesn't matter. You've proved you are easily swayed like a sheep, you'll distort and fabricate another persons argument to suit your sorry needs (Sweens stated it perfectly fairly recently), and you'll simply lie.

Get a black leather coat too. Then you'll feel cool even though you'll look pudgy.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/1/2024 4:55:54 PM >
Post #: 669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 5:09:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

Doesn't matter. You've proved you are easily swayed like a sheep, you'll distort and fabricate another persons argument to suit your sorry needs (Sweens stated it perfectly fairly recently), and you'll simply lie.

Get a black leather coat too. Then you'll feel cool even though you'll look pudgy.

I just don't care enough Bill...keep worrying or trying to engage about Jets, Kirks, and O'Neal's money. I just don't care.

Legit for a pissed off old poster upset about a playoff series? That is all I see.

Post #: 670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 5:16:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's next? Soccer? F1?

I just don't care enough Bill...keep worrying or trying to engage about Jets, Kirks, and O'Neal's money. I just don't care.

Legit for a pissed off old poster upset about a playoff series? That is all I see.

You care plenty Heil Riewer. You like negative strokes. That's why you're posting now!

Don't forget the big black belt.

I'm fine with the Lakers. No NBA team has more titles. In all major team sports, only the Yankees have more. But have fun with your fabrication of what I think.
Post #: 671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 5:25:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I was more alarmed by his lack of 2nd half production

Or lack thereof.

Was it 4 yards?
Post #: 672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 5:25:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I was very nervous going into this draft. We had to get a franchise QB, but it seemed we needed a willing trading partner to get one. I always thought that it would be crazy for the Patriots to trade back. When you have a chance to get a franchise QB you have to get one because you never know when that chance comes again.

I was so relieved that they were able to get McCarthy. He's a winner on every level that he's played at- a great leader. The intangibles are very much underrated, in my opinion. I watched a number of Michigan games this past season and I liked what I saw from him. I especially am happy that we got McCarthy because he's from Michigan. One of my daughters lives in Michigan and her husband is a huge Wolverines fan. He loves McCarthy and promised me that he will root for the Vikings now, as long as they are not playing the Lions.

Getting Turner out of this draft and keeping the first for next year can not be overstated. It is very realistic to believe that the Vikings could get another top ten in the draft next year and hopefully it could be a force in the middle of the defensive line. Turner could be the most athletic defensive player in the draft and he's young with a huge upside. We don't know really what we have now, but he is a very promising player.

For those who are wondering how I am doing, I am doing well. My health is good. You may remember that I was a survivor of a serious bout with Covid where I was unconscious for three weeks. I was able to return to work, but I am telling everyone that I am retired now, even though I work ten hours a week. (That's nothing, but for a guy turning 71 later this month it's not really that easy.)

I've been frustrated with the lack of success of the local Pro teams. No championships since I returned to Minnesota 32 years ago. Nevertheless, it does feel like to me that perhaps our local fortunes are turning. The Timberwolves swept another team in the playoffs for the first time ever. The Twins have won 9 games in a row. The Vikings were fortunate enough to get a franchise QB. (Well, we can hope that's the case.) Perhaps the Wild can do better after they rid themselves of some legacy contracts and I wish them good luck in their upcoming draft.

So I wish everyone here well, too. God bless you all and go Vikings!

hey Bruce. I hope that McCarthy and Turner play so well this season that our draft pick next year is in the late 20s or 32.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 6:11:36 PM   
marty

True, their game plan of taking away Jefferson was successful, but the Vikings still put up 24 points, but ultimately the Giants did still get the win.

But my earlier point still stands: It's too early to give up on a potential HOF WR, especially since that WR has only played one playoff game with a Cousins led offense.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/1/2024 6:27:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

True, their game plan of taking away Jefferson was successful, but the Vikings still put up 24 points, but ultimately the Giants did still get the win.

But my earlier point still stands: It's too early to give up on a potential HOF WR, especially since that WR has only played one playoff game with a Cousins led offense.

It's not giving up on him.

It's seeking equal value (subjective) in a trade.

It's re-allocating $30+ million over the next, say, three-four years.

It's not hearing he's done what no other non-QB has done... which by any barometer translates to merely a bunch of yards.

Barring a holdout (which would be high-larious), IMO his goal is to exceed Bosa's contract (5 year, $170,000,000 including $50,000,000 signing bonus, $122,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $34,000,000).
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode