Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2024 4:09:00 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

In Vikings news, JJ is not at OTAs. No surprise there. KOC says he loves him.

How about some tough love for the sorry excuse of the 'face of the franchise'?

Might have been Erin Henderson who recently said the team won't do jack until they change their nice family culture.

It was
Post #: 851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 2:14:43 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Might have been Erin Henderson who recently said the team won't do jack until they change their nice family culture.

tell his agent that if he doesn't show up for training camp we stop negotiating...no hockenson 'hold in' bullshit, not ready to play week 1, and drop critical passes the first couple of games....

5th-year option, franchise tag a couple of times hardball....

i'm telling you, it's not money - it's all about no-trade clause, no tags, total player control....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 4:21:18 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

tell his agent that if he doesn't show up for training camp we stop negotiating...no hockenson 'hold in' bullshit, not ready to play week 1, and drop critical passes the first couple of games....

i'm telling you, it's not money - it's all about no-trade clause, no tags, total player control....

But we dont want him to be mad at us .....
Post #: 853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 5:19:34 PM   
Todd M

It’s frustrating. I feel he didn’t sign last year and hasn’t signed yet is that he wants it all. Basically what Rat is saying.

I’m now starting to think this will be like Diggs. Happy/unhappy/happy/unhappy.

Wish there was a stud corner unhappy with his situation where we could just make a move.
Post #: 854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 5:25:46 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Perfectly fine doing it. We still have 3 years of control and he still would make a boatload.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 5:31:45 PM   
Todd M

4 years and no playoff wins with his stats in one appearance woeful. He’s been tackled way too many times short of the EZ. I really don’t want to cave and give him everything.
Post #: 856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2024 10:18:51 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

4 years and no playoff wins with his stats in one appearance woeful. He’s been tackled way too many times short of the EZ. I really don’t want to cave and give him everything.

Yea but I was crucified for calling JJ a diva….

If I was Matt, I’d be asking for apologies…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 2:08:11 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

he thinks he's bigger than the nfl, bigger than the cba, bigger than minnesota vikings, bigger than the wilfs, bigger than any other player, bigger than randy moss, too big for ota's, too big for other jj's...he's bigger, bigger, bigger, bigger....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 4:17:33 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

he thinks he's bigger than the nfl, bigger than the cba, bigger than minnesota vikings, bigger than the wilfs, bigger than any other player, bigger than randy moss, too big for ota's, too big for other jj's...he's bigger, bigger, bigger, bigger....

After all, he's done things no other player has. Just ask him.
Post #: 859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 4:24:22 AM   
Bill Johanesen

No trade
No tags
Guaranteed $$
# years
Per the media, competition with other players so as to not have 'contract envy' ha.

All the fun stuff for Stat Boy II.
Post #: 860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 4:26:12 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Behind all the man love, wonder if Kwesi is thinking yeah you're good... but not game-breaking good.
Post #: 861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 8:00:36 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Behind all the man love, wonder if Kwesi is thinking yeah you're good... but not game-breaking good.

I would hope he would be able to see what everyone should be able to see. Gamebreakers actually score TDs.
Post #: 862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 9:01:51 AM   
David Levine

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The NFL will implement optical tracking systems for yardage rulings this preseason with the potential for full-time implementation, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The league considers this a test run of accuracy on line-to-gain rulings, the source said, with the option to continue the use of measuring chains in 2024.

The league has experimented with the system in the past but would need to install it in every NFL stadium for functional use in the regular season.

The league's competition committee approved the matter in March. It is not on the agenda at this week's owners meetings in Nashville.
Post #: 863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 9:32:09 AM   
Todd M

About time.
Post #: 864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 12:23:57 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The NFL will implement optical tracking systems for yardage rulings this preseason with the potential for full-time implementation, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The league considers this a test run of accuracy on line-to-gain rulings, the source said, with the option to continue the use of measuring chains in 2024.

The league has experimented with the system in the past but would need to install it in every NFL stadium for functional use in the regular season.

The league's competition committee approved the matter in March. It is not on the agenda at this week's owners meetings in Nashville.

How about a lazar line to gain from one sideline to the other? Too many idiots looking into the light?

They can follow the flight path a golf ball and zoom in on its spin as it lands and rolls in a fairway or on a green…

But a football? Over 10 yards?!?

Inconceivable!!

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 8:33:49 PM   
Todd M

Kwesi has done everything in the press to all but tell Jefferson they’re willing to give him a blank check. A blank check and a parade.

But he’s unsigned and sitting out.

Whatever it ends up looking like I think I’ll pass on celebrating it for a week.
Post #: 866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2024 10:23:42 PM   
Ricky J

NBC Sports: The Vikings need to pay Jefferson or trade him ...

Id be happy to see them tag him until the end. I'm not a "they need to pay" him type of guy
Post #: 867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 9:02:04 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

NBC Sports: The Vikings need to pay Jefferson or trade him ...

Id be happy to see them tag him until the end. I'm not a "they need to pay" him type of guy

Yeah

We don't NEED to. I agree. He plays this year on the fifth year option and we and tag him the next two years. I would love to get him signed but there really is no rush.

Him not showing up only makes him look more like a Diva. Looks more difficult a personality to deal with. Lowers his potential contract value.

Let him play this game. Tell him we are suspending negotiations until he shows up. Once he's where he should be...

Really these OTAs are voluntary. He doesn't have to show up.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 9:34:39 AM   
Ricky J

I don't really blame people for not showing up - pull a Teddy and what kind of leverage do you have going forward?
Post #: 869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 9:48:45 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Do you really blame him? Hock did the same thing and they made him the highest paid TE in the league. I'm not saying he's right but I'm saying I get why he's doing it.
Post #: 870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 11:22:50 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Do you really blame him? Hock did the same thing and they made him the highest paid TE in the league. I'm not saying he's right but I'm saying I get why he's doing it.

Read the room Jeff. JJ is trying to get the best deal he can get, therefore he is a greedy diva, locker room cancer who only piles up yardage anyway.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 11:47:50 AM   
Todd M

It’s not just a matter of getting the best deal he can he’s holding out for the best deal ever gotten. For a non QB anyway.

You really think KOM is trying to go cheap? He’s said publically JJ deserves a contract in line with the special player he is. But JJ wants +++.
Post #: 872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 11:52:46 AM   
Todd M

How long are big time players like JJ even placated by the new huge contract anyway. 3 years down the road he’ll be acting out to get 45/year.
Post #: 873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 12:00:28 PM   
Todd M

Hope those that want to hold tough and play the franchise tag game enjoy JJ’s holdout and the effect it has on the team.

I’d make a final offer and the trade him if he declines.
Post #: 874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2024 12:04:28 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

It’s not just a matter of getting the best deal he can he’s holding out for the best deal ever gotten. For a non QB anyway.

You really think KOM is trying to go cheap? He’s said publically JJ deserves a contract in line with the special player he is. But JJ wants +++.

Agreed. I'm sure we've offered the largest contract ever for a WR and maybe even for a non QB. That should be good enough if he gives a rat's ass about his teammates.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode