Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2024 9:20:45 PM   
marty

I guess I have never used those buttons before, I have just posted, and then used italics when taking part of what someone posted.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2024 9:22:23 PM  1 votes
marty

Well right now, it's sorta looking like a Bill/Vikings Super Bowl.

However, our perceptions may change with a loss at Lamb-blow.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 2:31:01 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: timz

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1198495171230403

Dall-ass may be ready to implode. Well, hope so anyway.

Is there animosity when players like Hurts and Prescott - or anyone not named Mahomes - sign $50-60 million contracts? I mean sure teammates still play to the hilt, but when the chips are down and the bickering starts....

... just blame Mike Zimmer and his drill instructor led defense!

+1
Bill I think the Dallas meltdown has something to do with Lamb's contract and also Cincy's struggles as caused by Chase's contract.....I think both were jealous of JJ's contract.

one of the nice things about Jefferson this season is that although his yardage stats are not so gaudy, he's flashing in the td department - nailor, too....

jefferson never held out...he knew the money would be coming eventually....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 2:44:46 AM   
ratoppenheimer

another thing the vikings have going for them is strong veteran leadership on and off the field - they lead by example...players have bought into the systems...listen to mettelus speak, and you get a sense that it's a religious experience....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 5:56:06 AM   
Todd M

Daniels almost pitches a perfect game while the excuses for Williams keep coming.
Post #: 2230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 7:49:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Well right now, it's sorta looking like a Bill/Vikings Super Bowl.

However, our perceptions may change with a loss at Lamb-blow.

WAY too early to go there.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 2231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 8:00:19 AM   
ebergste

I am most interested to see how our defense holds up against a more "traditional" offense. I think our defense is the Shannahan west cost offense destroyer. We are able to disrupt all the direct reads that come from motion and exposure of coverage. We are great against RPO's ect because nobody is where they are supposed to be. What happens when we face a more gap/power run scheme with play action passing concepts. Those types of offenses tend to be less dependent on reading the defense and more about hat on a hat. The good news is not as many teams run those schemes. This week we will see a team who is capable of running it.

All our 8 guy in the box looks are much more scary if you are trying to determine what is happening to choose the passing progression or zone run read that is best. If the offense is running a lead up the 2 hole and the whole defensive team lines up outside the tackles you just don't care all that much. You block the guy in front of you and wait for whomever is going to end up as a backer to try to fill the gap and pick him off. This is massively over simplistic but just my 2 cents from watching the first 3 games. Of course if you are running 2 gap and the whole team lines up inside the tackles you're are screwed.
Post #: 2232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 8:18:33 AM   
Brad H

quote:

I love how Sam is 11th in passing, when you go by yards, but basically #1 by so many other metrics.

You can have the yards, Dak.

Darnold is not an egomaniac looking for a big payday. He just wants to win.

Example: How many times have we seen him throw away a ball? If the screen isn't there, he throws it away. Cousins would have completed that pass and took a three-yard loss to keep his completion percentage up, and now the team would be 2nd and 13 versus 2nd and 10.

It's little things he does that don't show up in the stat sheet that can win games. Live to play another down.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 8:24:55 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Daniels almost pitches a perfect game while the excuses for Williams keep coming.

The Chicago offense will run through Keenan Allen. Without him, Williams has no shot at being successful just like Justin Fields had no shot.

Has Williams looked good? No. But the offensive line and play-calling have been disastrous. Matt Eberflus will be one of the first coaches fired this season. Right after Doug Peterson

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 10:41:20 AM   
twinsfan

“Sadly, I also lost my investment in a company that I believed was developing a breakthrough concussion drug I thought would help others,” Favre said during the House hearing on Tuesday “As I’m sure you’ll understand, while it’s too late for me — I’ve recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s — this is also a cause dear to my heart. Recently, the doctor running the company pleaded guilty to taking TANF money for his own use.”

Parkinson's is an awful disease. I hope Favre can curb the symptoms for as long as possible.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 10:46:22 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

I love how Sam is 11th in passing, when you go by yards, but basically #1 by so many other metrics.

You can have the yards, Dak.

Darnold is not an egomaniac looking for a big payday. He just wants to win.

Example: How many times have we seen him throw away a ball? If the screen isn't there, he throws it away. Cousins would have completed that pass and took a three-yard loss to keep his completion percentage up, and now the team would be 2nd and 13 versus 2nd and 10.

It's little things he does that don't show up in the stat sheet that can win games. Live to play another down.

As the season goes on doing the little things and buying fully into KOC’s don’t make a bad play worse is going to pay off in closer games.
Post #: 2236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 10:48:44 AM   
Todd M

We haven’t had a close game yet. You could argue the 9rs game but it really wasn’t.

Not ready for our 1st. I want to win by 21 on the road.
Post #: 2237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 11:08:14 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

We haven’t had a close game yet. You could argue the 9rs game but it really wasn’t.

I would especially like to win on the road by 21 IN LAMBEAU.

That would be precious.

But any win there will be welcome on my part.

Post #: 2238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 11:15:46 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I would especially like to win on the road by 21 IN LAMBEAU.

That would be precious.

But any win there will be welcome on my part.

Can’t argue that. A W pushing us to 4-0 and the score doesn’t really matter. I suppose it’s being selfish but we haven’t dominated in a long time. I’m hungry for it.
Post #: 2239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 11:19:43 AM   
Todd M

Is anyone else worried we’re not going to get much out of Turner until he’s had an off season to get stronger.

Great to be good while waiting for your 2 #1s in one facet or another.
Post #: 2240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 12:26:38 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Is anyone else worried we’re not going to get much out of Turner until he’s had an off season to get stronger.

Not really. He will be situational pass rushers, who will be very effective in his role. The Vikings depth of pass rushers will keep him from getting ground down before he can add some strength.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 12:33:36 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Not really. He will be situational pass rushers, who will be very effective in his role. The Vikings depth of pass rushers will keep him from getting ground down before he can add some strength.

You are wise in many ways.
Post #: 2242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 2:33:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ebergste

I am most interested to see how our defense holds up against a more "traditional" offense. I think our defense is the Shannahan west cost offense destroyer. We are able to disrupt all the direct reads that come from motion and exposure of coverage. We are great against RPO's ect because nobody is where they are supposed to be. What happens when we face a more gap/power run scheme with play action passing concepts. Those types of offenses tend to be less dependent on reading the defense and more about hat on a hat. The good news is not as many teams run those schemes. This week we will see a team who is capable of running it.

All our 8 guy in the box looks are much more scary if you are trying to determine what is happening to choose the passing progression or zone run read that is best. If the offense is running a lead up the 2 hole and the whole defensive team lines up outside the tackles you just don't care all that much. You block the guy in front of you and wait for whomever is going to end up as a backer to try to fill the gap and pick him off. This is massively over simplistic but just my 2 cents from watching the first 3 games. Of course if you are running 2 gap and the whole team lines up inside the tackles you're are screwed.

There was a great article in The Athletic where it isn't just 8 in the box. They don't know who is matched up with who now. Metullus can play CB, both safeties and LB as an example....hard for the defense to find their intended mismatch.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 3:10:26 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I was hoping we could stay under the RADAR for a bit longer but people are starting to figure it out. We're pretty damn good in all 3 phases. Today on The Herd they had the Vikings at #3 in their hierarchy. The show First Things First's cohost Chris Brousard had Darnold as #3 in MVP so far.
Post #: 2244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 3:29:17 PM   
Trekgeekscott

I honestly think out biggest challenge early in the season will be when we face Aaron Rodgers. He's not going to be easily confused and wont wilt under pressure. That's the kind of QB that will give us fits. Take advantage of the aggressiveness of the defense.

Post #: 2245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 4:09:30 PM   
beo

quote:

Didn't he look decent in the Giants game.
(think he got a sack?)

I mean, I think he will be mostly situational rusher this year... but Flores has proved that can be extremely effective.
Actually, I think he can cover too...

Just probably out on obvious running downs.
Post #: 2246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 4:10:03 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Yeah, what he said...
Post #: 2247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 4:39:13 PM   
Todd M

I was hopping for stud production chasing 15 not a boring situational 6
Post #: 2248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 5:49:33 PM   
David Levine

The Minnesota Vikings have been on a roll the first few weeks of this 2024 NFL season, but a pair of the team’s wide receivers have accomplished something that no other receiving duo it team history has done.

Justin Jefferson and Jalen Nailor each have a touchdown in all of the Vikings’ first three games this season. That makes them the first duo in team history to have a touchdown catch in each of the team’s first three games. They’re the first pair to do it in the NFL since 2018 when Mike Evans and Chris Godwin accomplished the feat for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

This means that Jefferson and Nailor have done something that Cris Carter and Randy Moss never did. Or Carter and Jake Reed. Or Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen, or any of the other great wide receiver pairs that the team has had over the years.
Post #: 2249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/24/2024 6:04:38 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Interesting game. Neither team punted once and neither team posted a sack
Post #: 2250
Page:   <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode