Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2024 7:05:56 AM   
TJSweens

...and he's back.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 601
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2024 3:53:22 PM   
TJSweens

Alcala melt down turns a 4-0 lead into a 5-4 deficit.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 602
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2024 4:50:10 PM   
TJSweens

Only Rocco Baldelli would use Christian Vasquez as a pinch hitter.

Post #: 603
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2024 4:59:58 PM   
MDK

Rocco keeps Acala in to lose a 4 run lead and then pinch hits for Larnach with Vazquez.
He, Rocco, is a moron

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 604
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2024 7:58:18 PM   
TJSweens

Alcala's inning is Corey Provus' fault. When Alcala came out for the 7th, Provus started gushing on how Alcala was pitching the best baseball of his life and was practically unhittable. 4 pitches later, 2 runs had scored.

Vasquez was sent up to pinch hit for someone who had a single and a double in the game because Rocco is absolutely obsessed with left / right matchups.

Post #: 605
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 10:03:15 AM   
twinsfan

Was Okert's inning also Provus' fault?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 606
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 11:24:53 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Forgive me but I'm not a BB guy but live in the SD area. I listen to their sports radio driving in because there is nothing else.....

They were comparing the 2 teams and mentioned that they were pretty much carbon copies of each other. One thing that stood out though was, apparently, Rocco has pinch hit a guy that is 0-32 in that situation. They were mind blown about that.
Post #: 607
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 11:37:44 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Forgive me but I'm not a BB guy but live in the SD area. I listen to their sports radio driving in because there is nothing else.....

They were comparing the 2 teams and mentioned that they were pretty much carbon copies of each other. One thing that stood out though was, apparently, Rocco has pinch hit a guy that is 0-32 in that situation. They were mind blown about that.

Odds are he has to get a hit sometime?
Post #: 608
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 11:58:14 AM  1 votes
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Odds are he has to get a hit sometime?

That was their joke
Post #: 609
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 12:02:04 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

We've ripped into Rockhead for that before. He is so obsessed with left / right matchups that he does things like pinch hit with Margot (0 for32) or Vasquez (one of the worst hitters in baseball). He even pinch hits them for guys who are dialed in and have a couple of hits in the game. Just a dumbass.

Post #: 610
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 12:18:30 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

We've ripped into Rockhead for that before. He is so obsessed with left / right matchups that he does things like pinch hit with Margot (0 for32) or Vasquez (one of the worst hitters in baseball). He even pinch hits them for guys who are dialed in and have a couple of hits in the game. Just a dumbass.

I go back to this all the time...but last year, Alex Kiriloff was 3 for 3 in a game with two Home Runs and a double. And Rocco got stressed because a lefthander was being brought in and pinch hit for Kiriloff. 1. The guy's clearly locked in, seeing the ball very well....let him hit and 2. a lefthanded hitter is not going to get better at hitting left handed pitchers unless you let them hit against left handed pitchers.

It's shit like this that can cost you games. He's done it many times. Like pinch hitting for Larnach by using Vasquez....Makes no ****ing sense, but in Rocco's world a lefthander can't face a LH pitcher. Dumb ass shit

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 611
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 1:55:13 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

I go back to this all the time...but last year, Alex Kiriloff was 3 for 3 in a game with two Home Runs and a double. And Rocco got stressed because a lefthander was being brought in and pinch hit for Kiriloff. 1. The guy's clearly locked in, seeing the ball very well....let him hit and 2. a lefthanded hitter is not going to get better at hitting left handed pitchers unless you let them hit against left handed pitchers.

It's shit like this that can cost you games. He's done it many times. Like pinch hitting for Larnach by using Vasquez....Makes no ****ing sense, but in Rocco's world a lefthander can't face a LH pitcher. Dumb ass shit

Is Kirilloff still alive? I'm still pissed at him for refusing his minor league assignment and instead going on the major league IL.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 612
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 2:54:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is Kirilloff still alive? I'm still pissed at him for refusing his minor league assignment and instead going on the major league IL.

Still on IL.

And he can stay there and never come back as far as I'm concerned. He's proving to be just as fragile as Buxton. with less talent.

I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I've been indifferent to his absence. If he remains on the team in 2025, they had better have a pretty good contingency plan for when it misses a big chunk of the season with another unreported injury.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 613
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 3:05:24 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why? If he injured, shouldn't he go on the IL?

Post #: 614
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/21/2024 3:07:07 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why? If he injured, shouldn't he go on the IL?

He wasn't injured until he found out he was being demoted. Sad really.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 615
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/22/2024 10:19:04 AM   
Ricky J

That was sort of fun. Of course I missed all the good fun and tuned in one batter before the homerun. Still it was fun watching Simeon Woods Richardson's in get-it-and-throw mode.

Tuned in the night before just in time for the SD double, homerun ... What kind of double would you call that? Catch .25% of the ball and your standing on 2nd?

Anyway, 71 wins! Better than a kick in the backside. Most wins in the majors right now: 76 (1) 74 (3) 73 (2) 72 (2) 71 (MN KC)
Post #: 616
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/22/2024 6:02:43 PM   
Mister Ed

Kirilloff is expected to do a rehab assignment soon.
Was supposed to be in STP already, but he hurt an ankle while rehabbing.

They do not miss that guy. At all.

Lee is also about ready to go on assignment.

At this point they'll just have to expect to go without Buxton and Correa. Sigh

What was old is new again
Post #: 617
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/22/2024 6:05:18 PM   
Mister Ed

SWR Has an ability to get out of trouble. In the game I saw last Friday in TX, they were hitting all kinds of rockets but the D made plays.

Wednesday he didn't have many clean innings yet only coughed up a run.

Great for him to come through like he has. Met his parents in the Texas Live! area before the game, at one of the sports bars

Found them after the game in the concourse holding court. They were beaming, rightfully so.

Post #: 618
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/23/2024 11:19:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

SWR Has an ability to get out of trouble. In the game I saw last Friday in TX, they were hitting all kinds of rockets but the D made plays.

Wednesday he didn't have many clean innings yet only coughed up a run.

Great for him to come through like he has. Met his parents in the Texas Live! area before the game, at one of the sports bars

Found them after the game in the concourse holding court. They were beaming, rightfully so.

He seems to understand the mental part of pitching.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 619
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/25/2024 9:52:22 AM   
Ricky J

The Twins batting line-up today according to the side of the plate they hit from: S L R L R L S L R

I must not look at Gameday too often bc Ive never noticed this piece of info - or haven't looked very close when I do. Nice!
Post #: 620
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/25/2024 3:41:38 PM   
MDK

Duran is an enigma. At times, unhittable. Other times, just doesn't come through. Today, with 2 outs, first pitch to Nootbaar, splitter right in the middle of the plate and a single with 2 runs. Twins lose 3 to 2. Once again, the young gun pitchers did well. Hitting continues to be a roller coaster.

Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 621
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/25/2024 4:12:27 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Duran is an enigma. At times, unhittable. Other times, just doesn't come through. Today, with 2 outs, first pitch to Nootbaar, splitter right in the middle of the plate and a single with 2 runs. Twins lose 3 to 2. Once again, the young gun pitchers did well. Hitting continues to be a roller coaster.

Personally, I always thought they should have given Duran a shot at the rotation before they relegated him to the pen. In fact, that was what Duran wanted, but the Twins said no.

Post #: 622
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/25/2024 4:52:45 PM   
Mister Ed

Julien picked a great time to be brutal in the field that inning.

Kepler had a sore knee

Good grief, some of these guys are such babies

So ready to be done with several of them.

Post #: 623
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/25/2024 5:42:12 PM   
MDK

Twins are durable like hockey players

Post #: 624
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/26/2024 8:29:37 PM   
twinsfan

Ober was so bad tonight, I wanted to cry. Was it the humidity? Sure hope this game gets wiped out by rain. It would save his Cy Young chances, and more importantly, give us a do-over in a double-header tomorrow or Wednesday.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode