Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/5/2024 3:32:35 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

That's been bothering me too. And it is not the first time they've done crap like that this year. Just let a guy take up a roster spot and leave your bench short for days at a time.

Kiersey was a more special case because he would have needed to be added to the 40 man rosters AND they may have been hoping that Buxton would be ready to return and they could just use that roster spot for him. Plus Kiersey is a lefthanded outfielder and we already have a few of those on the roster, (see Wallner and Larnach)

Either way, this waiting to put a clearly ailing guy on the IL...Not really new for the Twins. They used to do it more egregiously with Joe Mauer...

I remember it with Nick Punto more than anyone else.

Mauer and Punto? Try Kirilloff, Buck, Lee, Kepler, Correa off the tip of my tongue just this year.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 676
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/7/2024 8:22:07 PM   
TJSweens

Rocco is so f*cking stupid, it's mind blowing. Ober was dealing. 15 straight outs and only 83 pitches. Rocco of course pulls him and the Twins blow a 2 run lead in the 8th.

F*cking moron.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 677
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/7/2024 8:30:56 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Rocco is so f*cking stupid, it's mind blowing. Ober was dealing. 15 straight outs and only 83 pitches. Rocco of course pulls him and the Twins blow a 2 run lead in the 8th.

F*cking moron.

A moron wrapped up in idiot

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 678
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/7/2024 9:18:45 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Ober really looked gassed. Thank God Rocco finally removed him. Nobody should have to throw 83 pitches.
Post #: 679
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/8/2024 7:51:22 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

F*cking moron.

A moron wrapped up in idiot

I think I've heard that somewhere.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 680
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/8/2024 7:57:45 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Ober really looked gassed. Thank God Rocco finally removed him. Nobody should have to throw 83 pitches.

Rocco is like a Little League coach, who is mandated to use every player in a game. Julien had two hits. Royals bring in a lefty. Rocco pinch hits Castro. Provus mentions that Castro has struggled mightily from the right side of the plate since the All Star break. Castro strikes out. Rocco is a moron wrapped in an idiot.

Post #: 681
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/8/2024 2:01:52 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Rocco called the decision to remove Ober "unfortunate." Is that an admission of a mistake?

< Message edited by twinsfan -- 9/8/2024 2:03:37 PM >

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 682
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/8/2024 2:04:01 PM   
twinsfan

Woods Richardson is cruising along right now through 4 innings. Unfortunately so is Wacha.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 683
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/8/2024 2:20:14 PM   
twinsfan

And just like that, the Royals load up the bases in the 5th with no outs.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 684
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/10/2024 7:57:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Stick a fork in them.

They are done.

With Correa, Buxton, Kepler, Ryan, Paddack all out for the long term it seems.
Royce Lewis is gassed, has never played this many games in a season due to Covid, Knee, knee. He's run out of gas and it trying too hard to carry the team on his own.
We have a shattered bullpen with the exception of two guys
Our rotation has three rookies. THREE.
The bullpen they imagined at the start of the season with Okert (bombed), Staumont (bombed) Topa (perpetually hurt), Alcala (wildly inconsistent), Stewart (hurt), Thielbar (lost his juju), Jax and Duran Just never came to fruition
And the Front office handcuffed to a sinking ship by cheap ass bastard owners did nothing at the trade deadline other than a move to say "see we did something" (it should be noted they already cut bait with that guy too).

And then there is Rocco. He makes unbelievably stupid decisions like pinch hitting for Larnach or Wallner with the likes of Margot (who couldn't get a pinch hit to save his life) and Christian Vazquez, and Kyle Farmers, two guys not exactly known for their bats.

There is no hope in sight.

This next offseason will lean towards even more frustrating as they will use the same bullshit excuse for not signing anyone to help and letting one of the few truly bright spots, Carlos Santana, walk.

What a bummer...this season was looking so promising. Now the wheels have fallen off the proverbial bus.

This team would struggle to beat the historically bad White Sox at the moment.

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 685
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/10/2024 8:28:45 AM   
TJSweens

After game 3 against the Royals, Rocco closed the clubhouse doors and essentially yelled..."Play better damn it". Then he came out and told the media that his players were playing unprofessional. Good job! Just like Gardy. Throw em under the bus.

Post #: 686
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/10/2024 10:29:17 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

After game 3 against the Royals, Rocco closed the clubhouse doors and essentially yelled..."Play better damn it". Then he came out and told the media that his players were playing unprofessional. Good job! Just like Gardy. Throw em under the bus.

He tried the nice guy approach for years. It wasn't working with this group. I like that he's shaking things up in a new way.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 687
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/10/2024 11:25:09 AM   
Phil Riewer

The key to their run earlier in the year was Buck and Correa in the lineup.....

They have overachieved all year.

Even KC picked up a cheap, effective reliever (ERceg) but the poor Twins have no capped salary to spend....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 688
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/10/2024 11:39:55 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

He tried the nice guy approach for years. It wasn't working with this group. I like that he's shaking things up in a new way.

Worked really well. Lost the next game to one of the worst teams in baseball.

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 689
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/11/2024 9:23:52 AM   
twinsfan

It's basically down to the Twins and the Tigers for the last wildcard spot. The AL Central representing!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 690
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/11/2024 10:40:09 AM   
TJSweens

Seattle and Boston are right there as well. The Twins are hanging on for dear life.

Post #: 691
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/11/2024 4:40:36 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

If he would have come out and said “We all stink and need to be better . Players, staff, me, everyone” I would have said okay.

But this came across to me as “Why am I the only good one around here?”
Post #: 692
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/11/2024 7:08:49 PM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

If he would have come out and said “We all stink and need to be better . Players, staff, me, everyone” I would have said okay.

Because Rocco is a moron wrapped up as an idiot.
Don't sue me Tim

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 693
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/11/2024 7:23:16 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because Rocco is a moron wrapped up as an idiot.
Don't sue me Tim

No worries about a frivolous law suit from me Miles. Rocco is in no position to throw players under the bus in light of his constant game mismanagement.

Post #: 694
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/13/2024 8:27:06 AM   
twinsfan

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

What a crazy story.

#MNTwins released Low-A catcher Derek Bender, this year's sixth-round pick, after he told hitters which pitches were coming in a game that eliminated Fort Myers from playoff contention.

What a waste of $300,000. And possibly a career.

https://x.com/AaronGleeman/status/1834437431937921385

Twins should sue to get their signing bonus back. What a loser.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 695
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/13/2024 9:50:13 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

What a crazy story.

#MNTwins released Low-A catcher Derek Bender, this year's sixth-round pick, after he told hitters which pitches were coming in a game that eliminated Fort Myers from playoff contention.

What a waste of $300,000. And possibly a career.

https://x.com/AaronGleeman/status/1834437431937921385

Twins should sue to get their signing bonus back. What a loser.

I wonder what they would have done to Crash Davis...

Post #: 696
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/14/2024 7:16:26 PM   
twinsfan

Baldelli really hates SWR.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 697
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/14/2024 7:24:22 PM   
twinsfan

They've scored 9 runs in about 15 minutes.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 698
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/14/2024 7:24:41 PM   
twinsfan

I'm done with Varland.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 699
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/14/2024 7:32:01 PM   
twinsfan

Someone might want to inform Varland that people actually care about major league stats. He has got to be on pace for one of the worst statistical careers in MLB history.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode