Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:General fantasy football chat

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE:General fantasy football chat Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:General fantasy football chat - 10/21/2007 6:02:11 PM   
Ricky J

Any thoughts on if Harrison will play ... and score?
Post #: 51
RE:General fantasy football chat - 10/21/2007 6:13:44 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Ricky J"]Any thoughts on if Harrison will play ... and score?[/quote] Tough call since it is also a Monday game
Post #: 52
What should I do? - 11/6/2007 7:49:33 PM   
DeLain

In my money league I am in a 3 way tie for first. Here is my team: Addai, Joseph RB IND  Cooley, Chris TE WAS Curtis, Kevin WR PHI Cutler, Jay QB DEN  DST, Chicago CHI DST, Dallas DAL Edwards, Braylon WR CLE Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI Galloway, Joey WR TB Gostkowski, Stephen K NE Holt, Torry WR STL Kitna, Jon QB DET  Peterson, Adrian RB MIN  Warner, Kurt QB ARI  Westbrook, Brian RB PHI Young, Selvin RB DEN One of the guys that I am tied with has Larry Johnson who might be out for 3-4 weeks depending on how the results come back. I had Ronnie Brown and he stole Chatman from me through waivers. He now has Chatman, Jesse RB MIA,James, Edgerrin RB ARI,Johnson, Larry RB KC,Johnson, Rudi RB CIN  as running backs. QUESTION??? I am #1 on the waiver priority list and have been saving it all season in case I really needed it. Even though I don't really need another running back...do I waste my #1 waiver priority and pick up Preist Holmes even though he might split carries with Kolby Smith thinking that it might screw one of my top competitors? Thoughts?
Post #: 53
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/6/2007 7:57:21 PM   
Ian Joseph

Its money.. of course you do.. Cut Kurt Warner and pick up Priest..
Post #: 54
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/6/2007 8:00:26 PM   
Jim Frenette

I don't see the need. You will most likely sit him anyway. With Addai and Peterson, you are set pretty good.
Post #: 55
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/6/2007 10:01:54 PM   
DeLain

The only "need" would be to screw the other guy who has been riding the Tom Brady train. Although I don't know how much it would screw him since LJ might only be out a few weeks.
Post #: 56
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/7/2007 12:29:21 AM   
Ian Joseph

[quote="DeLain"]The only "need" would be to screw the other guy who has been riding the Tom Brady train. Although I don't know how much it would screw him since LJ might only be out a few weeks.[/quote] Priest can easily become someone's bread and butter, especially if that league allows for a RB in a flex position. We do not know the rules pf the league, but unless it's a strib league, a deep roster with alot of back probably means they can start more than 2 runners. I think you have to pick up Priest, even if it's only to take food out of someone elses mouth. The season is winding down and if LJ is out for 3 weeks, that could make or break playoff positioning for someone that is depending on him. You have to play FF like chess and not like packing for a weekend trip where you dont take what you dont need.
Post #: 57
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/7/2007 1:12:03 AM   
DeLain

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803f5fd3&template=with-video&confirm=true "Edwards: Johnson's return against Broncos 'highly unlikely' Associated Press KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs coach Herm Edwards says it's "highly unlikely" that Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson will play Sunday against Denver." ..... This sounds like he is not going to be out long. We only play two running backs. 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE in a standard format. The above sounds like he is not going to be out long...and I don't think he would play the Priest anyways since he is a little rusty and KC kinda sucks. I just looked at his roster and there is no way he can pick up the Priest anyways, because he has BYE and injury issues this week, unless he doesn't start a defense. It is really bad timing for him and he plays the other leader this week. If I thought that the Priest would be starting during the playoffs then it would be a no brainer. Do you think that the Priest will be starting during the playoffs?
Post #: 58
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/7/2007 8:12:36 PM   
DeLain

Now this is completely different..... Foot injury puts season in doubt for Chiefs running back Johnson NFL.com Wire Reports KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- One of the NFL's most feeble offenses is almost certain to be without its star running back for at least a week, and possibly the remainder of the season. Larry Johnson has a broken right foot that will sideline him for the Kansas City Chiefs' remaining eight games, according to a report Tuesday on the web site of Denver television station Fox 31. The report, citing team sources, says Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury that the team initially described as a mid-foot sprain.
Post #: 59
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/7/2007 8:14:51 PM   
DeLain

I didn't pick the Priest up, but another team that is 3-6 did....so he couldn't have gone to a nicer guy...
Post #: 60
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/7/2007 9:15:12 PM   
Jim Frenette

I actually picked him up 2 1/2 weeks ago in all 3 of my leagues. Now let's see if it pays dividends
Post #: 61
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/9/2007 6:20:30 PM   
Jim Frenette

Who to play, Big Ben v Clev or Brees v Rams. I decided to sit my defense in the Yahoo league since they average a minus already.
Post #: 62
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/9/2007 9:16:17 PM   
Yea, i think about that every week, now, except i have deciced to play Minnesota against GB, seeing some defensive touchdowns as a real possibility.
  Post #: 63
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/10/2007 2:13:42 PM   
Todd M

I can actually see why it might be easy for some managers to let their team go. 4 FF leagues going on and there's maybe a couple of posts/week in them all total. If everyone was into it and posted a couple times a week there would be more than a 100 posts. Disappointing.
Post #: 64
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/10/2007 4:41:12 PM   
Lynn G.

I am rabid about keeping my teams up, and moving my roster around, getting players off waivers when possible ... ... I just can't think of anything to say about it in these threads. I'm not even sure what kinds of things people talk about in fantasy threads, other than the occasional "who should I play this week?" kind of question. I should probably look at other boards to see what kind of chatter goes on in fantasy threads.
Post #: 65
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/11/2007 10:40:45 PM   
I am never starting a defense ever again on yahoo......
  Post #: 66
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/12/2007 4:13:10 AM   
Tim Cady

The only thing worse Dan is picking up a defense, that has been under the radar, but with favorable matchups coming up. Example I picked up Denver, got a negative 4 last week and dropped them. This week HonkyThunder picks them up to play while his D is on a bye and gets 22 out of them.
Post #: 67
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/13/2007 12:58:16 AM   
Steven JL

I still think not playing a defense shouldn't be allowed - just seems silly. Since we adjusted points in the one league it's less of a difference maker though. Was really a cursed week. Lost my first game in the FFL league where I was 9-0 to the lowest scoring team all year. He had 6 players with season/career high games. :shrug: Then came apart in the survival pool with a 2 correct performance to follow up my picks not getting saved last week. Then of course the Packers game... And worst of all Peterson getting hurt. I'd easily trade all of the above for a healthy AD. As if I needed anymore reason to hate the Packers. It may be a "legal" tackle but it isn't clean. Why should super lame "block in the back" penalties be called to protect players which often are called for a hand on the back of the jersey but you can do a rolling tackle into the side of someones knees. If the league wants to protect it's players, well here's a marquee player who apparently just missed a major injury (and now the NFL loses the chasing the rookie record storyline) because some lameass chickens!it player didn't tackle and wrap up but did a flying backroll at the side of someone's legs. :angry: What a horsecrap weekend of football. AD's injury made me sick.
Post #: 68
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/13/2007 2:43:17 AM   
Mark Duda

In my $$$ league, my team is virtually unstoppable. Brady, Westbrook, AD, Braylon Edwards, L. Fitzgerald, Lee Evans and Kellen Winslow. At least two of them come up huge for me every week and I'll be 9-1 after tonight. I don't think the AD injury will hurt my team too much since I have Marion Barber to fill in for a few weeks, plus I'm pretty sure I should a playoff spot locked up after tonight. But FF aside, let's just hope AD is 100% very soon. As far as FF and Defense... in my $$ league we use 3 IDPs and we all like it much more than team defs. Virtually impossible to get neg points and for the most part a solid trio of IDPs will get you about what you'd expect points-wise... with an occasional TD or huge day bonus.
Post #: 69
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/13/2007 8:13:14 PM   
Steven JL

[quote="Mark Duda"]In my $$$ league, my team is virtually unstoppable. Brady, Westbrook, AD, Braylon Edwards, L. Fitzgerald, Lee Evans and Kellen Winslow. At least two of them come up huge for me every week and I'll be 9-1 after tonight. I don't think the AD injury will hurt my team too much since I have Marion Barber to fill in for a few weeks, plus I'm pretty sure I should a playoff spot locked up after tonight. But FF aside, let's just hope AD is 100% very soon. As far as FF and Defense... in my $$ league we use 3 IDPs and we all like it much more than team defs. Virtually impossible to get neg points and for the most part a solid trio of IDPs will get you about what you'd expect points-wise... with an occasional TD or huge day bonus.[/quote] I am also a fan of IDPs and also a huge fan of starting several flex starters each week. In traditional leagues with 2 RBs, and 2 WRs good teams are often left with solid performers on the bench. I think it's a better representation of GM skills to be able to play your more of your depth.
Post #: 70
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/20/2007 5:09:35 AM   
Lynn G.

Just a reminder to everyone to set up your lineups and make your pool picks early this week because of the Thursday games. I'll try to remember to do another reminder some time on Wednesday too. And then again next week. :viking:
Post #: 71
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/20/2007 7:06:43 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Lynn G."]Just a reminder to everyone to set up your lineups and make your pool picks early this week because of the Thursday games. I'll try to remember to do another reminder some time on Wednesday too. And then again next week. :viking:[/quote] Lynn I just posted that on the picks site. I should have read the posts before posting. :)
Post #: 72
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/22/2007 10:38:40 AM   
Tim Cady

Hey Jim, You are the team I fear the most in Chris' 20 teamer. You have had some bad breaks, but with said, I don't understand the rankings of that league, I get demoted in coach ranking forfollowing their toplineup. Thebiggest mistake I madethis year was comparing Campbell to Edwards wk 5 andaccidentilly dropping Campbell before the game. If I would have kept him Iwould have beat KA by 20 as itwas I lost by 2. I deserve a knock for being dumb but i don't thinkI should be rankedsolow for the season. You have been jobbed points wise considering your matchups forthe most part, but your team should have done better. LT has not been what he should be , but BenRot beat me on his own, when noone could have expected vs balt. Defense. It is what it is. If you make the playoffs as your division leader, you might win it all.
Post #: 73
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/22/2007 5:40:22 PM   
Lynn G.

Last chance to set lineups for this week. The first game starts at 11:00 a.m. this morning!
Post #: 74
RE:General fantasy football chat - 11/26/2007 3:53:21 PM   
Tim Cady

I had a good week, so this might sound like I am being greedy, I just want to know what people think. I had Seattle's defense going on both teams this week and going into the last play with the Rams, they had 4 sacks. Frerotte fumbles the snap loses two yards to end the game at the goalline. Shouldn't that be a 5th sack for the Seahawks defense?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE:General fantasy football chat Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode