Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NBA Basketball

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: The Rodent
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  534 535 [536] 537 538   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/7/2019 3:12:53 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

2nd round of the Eastern Playoffs are going to be a blast this year. The Top 4 teams are all really good. I think I'd rank them:

1. Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Philly
4. Boston

After today, but that could change after buyouts.

Who would have thought with LBJ leaving the East that it would become pretty much equal to the West?

The East is super top heavy, while the depth in the West just keeps getting scarier. So much young talent in the West now.

Yeah. But it has been a while since East could say they have 4 of top 8-10 teams in the league.

I'm bummed about Zubac. I know they(Lakers) want to get more 3 point shooters(Muscala) but Clippers might have schooled yet another team.
Post #: 13376
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/7/2019 5:01:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

25 Minutes to go. Looks like the Wolves are standing pat.

I don't think anybody wants are waste.

I thought Gibson could get some value in return, but his game has fallen off recently.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13377
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/11/2019 11:34:06 PM   
David Levine

Westbrook with his 10th straight triple-double.
Harden with his 30th straight 30+ point game.
Post #: 13378
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/13/2019 8:28:20 AM   
JT2

quote:

Westbrook with his 10th straight triple-double.
Harden with his 30th straight 30+ point game.

And relatively quietly, Antetokounmpo and George are having outstanding seasons.

George over the last 12 games; 36 points per game, shooting 49% from three on 11.5 attempts per game.
Post #: 13379
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/13/2019 9:39:58 AM   
bohumm

Race wide-open for MVP.....of OKC.
Post #: 13380
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 11:48:33 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Race wide-open for MVP.....of OKC.

George should be a lock for that.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13381
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 1:17:07 PM   
David Levine

The Porter for Parker/Portis trade (that I wanted to be part of from either side for Wigs) is looking good for both teams.

Porter is doing exactly what I thought he would if given more responsibility - showing that he has a much more diverse offensive game than he was allowed to show in Washington.

4 games: 22.5 PPG (62/58/72), 5.8 RPG, 2.3 APG

And Portis is excelling in his 4 games: 19 PPG (54/55/67), 7.3 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG in 29 minutes. And that 55% from 3 is on 5.5 attempts/game.

Parker has been less impressive, but he was always salary relief in the deal.
Post #: 13382
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 4:29:37 PM   
kurt bilben

Otto Porter is the guy I wanted some way, shape, or form.

He Would’ve encapsulated the best combo of all 6 of our small forwards.
Post #: 13383
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 5:15:48 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Layman played great last night though.
Post #: 13384
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 6:37:07 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Haha

We’ve been waiting for Layman to come around for a couple years.

He’s actually played like that the last month or so. I guess the brass felt they couldn’t take a chance on that continuing through the playoffs.

Pete have you watched much of Kanter recently? (I’m guessing no with the hole known as the knicks)

Same thing with Collins, they couldn’t wait for him to contribute consistently..
Post #: 13385
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/14/2019 7:18:26 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

He’s actually played like that the last month or so. I guess the brass felt they couldn’t take a chance on that continuing through the playoffs.

Pete have you watched much of Kanter recently? (I’m guessing no with the hole known as the knicks)

Same thing with Collins, they couldn’t wait for him to contribute consistently..

Sadly, I've watched a lot of the Knicks this season. In fact, I'm watching Knicks/Hawks right now. See how sick I am?

Fizdale pretty much stopped playing Kanter about a month ago. Don't blame him though, he wasn't going to be a part of their future in any way. And, Robinson is a really good looking rookie that nobody is talking about.

Kanter was a good get. Very little defense, but I still think he has the best footwork of almost any Big in the league. He's fantastic offensively around the basket, still a good rebounder. Unfortunately he never extended his range on his shot. He's a bit of an old school Center, without the defense.
Post #: 13386
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/15/2019 8:34:43 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

Sadly, I've watched a lot of the Knicks this season. In fact, I'm watching Knicks/Hawks right now. See how sick I am?

Fizdale pretty much stopped playing Kanter about a month ago. Don't blame him though, he wasn't going to be a part of their future in any way. And, Robinson is a really good looking rookie that nobody is talking about.

Kanter was a good get. Very little defense, but I still think he has the best footwork of almost any Big in the league. He's fantastic offensively around the basket, still a good rebounder. Unfortunately he never extended his range on his shot. He's a bit of an old school Center, without the defense.

“Sadly”

Don’t worry brother, I get the same looks around the house when they look at our DVR space and it’s largely Viking/ Blazer games.

Interesting stuff. I’ve watched the knicks for about 5 minutes this year, and I believe that was months ago.

Great take on Kanter, one question would be how does he pass out of the post? I’m not sure down through the years if any Blazer team had this much deep shooting. Not to say we’re going to make ANY noise in the playoffs, but I remember some of those Drexler squads having some woeful shooting nights.
Post #: 13387
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/15/2019 10:39:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

He's THE reason to watch the Knicks. His combination of ridiculous length, ridiculous hops and ridiculous timing are a joy to watch. Did you see him dominate Embiid when matched up on him?

And he gets his role. Like 90% of his FGAs have come inside of 3 feet.
Post #: 13388
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/16/2019 1:17:35 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

“Sadly”

Don’t worry brother, I get the same looks around the house when they look at our DVR space and it’s largely Viking/ Blazer games.

Interesting stuff. I’ve watched the knicks for about 5 minutes this year, and I believe that was months ago.

Great take on Kanter, one question would be how does he pass out of the post? I’m not sure down through the years if any Blazer team had this much deep shooting. Not to say we’re going to make ANY noise in the playoffs, but I remember some of those Drexler squads having some woeful shooting nights.

Not his strong suit. He's a little like Al Jefferson, once it goes in, it rarely gets kicked out.
Post #: 13389
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/16/2019 1:40:32 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

He's THE reason to watch the Knicks. His combination of ridiculous length, ridiculous hops and ridiculous timing are a joy to watch. Did you see him dominate Embiid when matched up on him?

After Doncic, he's my favorite rookie to watch, in a completely different way. He's so locked in defensively, so committed to that game. He is to defense what Ayton is to offense.

He moves so well for his size. Knowing your game is a big deal. My opinion, the best trait a player can have is knowing his game.

I think it's pretty cool that he now has Jordan as a teammate/mentor
Post #: 13390
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/21/2019 10:20:03 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

First game Kanter played his ass off. 8/9 from the field. 18 pts.

Pretty much spot on Pete. Great rebounding/ positioning.

Blazers went into him constantly.

Great footwork, up and unders, and bulk to move more frail opponents off the block.

Good call brother. Let’s hope it continues...
Post #: 13391
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/22/2019 9:36:26 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

First game Kanter played his ass off. 8/9 from the field. 18 pts.

Pretty much spot on Pete. Great rebounding/ positioning.

Blazers went into him constantly.

Great footwork, up and unders, and bulk to move more frail opponents off the block.

Good call brother. Let’s hope it continues...

That was a really fun game. Lillard had one of his worst shooting games of the season (still stuck that deep three, back breaker, late in the 4th). Lots of Nurkic and Kanter, and that is exactly how you beat the Nets.

Even though Collins and Leonard have improved, it's really nice to be able to spell Nurkic with Kanter. He's a great fit for that team.

Blazers got better with Kanter.

That was a big win for them. First of a 7 game road trip, then they get OKC when they get back home.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 2/22/2019 9:39:58 PM >
Post #: 13392
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/26/2019 11:03:37 AM   
David Levine

Another game, another triple-double for Doncic. 28 points on 12 FGAs.

Harrell reminds me of Faried - if Faried was actually as good as people thought he was.

Nice to see JaMychal Green play well. I've wanted him on the WoOlves for years now.

Really amazing coaching job by Doc this year. Every time it looks like the organization is trying to tank, Doc is saying "nope".
Post #: 13393
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/26/2019 2:55:46 PM   
David Levine

Kareem is the best.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26085760/abdul-jabbar-puts-four-title-rings-auction
Post #: 13394
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/26/2019 4:20:25 PM   
JT2

quote:

Another game, another triple-double for Doncic. 28 points on 12 FGAs.

Harrell reminds me of Faried - if Faried was actually as good as people thought he was.

Nice to see JaMychal Green play well. I've wanted him on the WoOlves for years now.

Really amazing coaching job by Doc this year. Every time it looks like the organization is trying to tank, Doc is saying "nope".

Doncic makes it look easy. Nothing about him says rookie.

Clippers tried throwing a little bit of everything at him defensively, including Beverely. Doncic is just so patient, and big. Nothing seems to bother him.

Harrell is so much more explosive than Faried ever was. Dallas put up little resistance at the rim and Harrell just kept attacking. He's so fun to watch.

I think Rivers has done his best coaching the last two seasons. I have been impressed.
Post #: 13395
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/26/2019 4:23:33 PM   
JT2

quote:

Kareem is the best.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26085760/abdul-jabbar-puts-four-title-rings-auction

+1
Post #: 13396
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/26/2019 6:36:39 PM   
Matt Lang

Awesome. I love this line: "When it comes to choosing between storing a championship ring or trophy in a room, or providing kids with an opportunity to change their lives, the choice is pretty simple."
Post #: 13397
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/27/2019 1:07:58 AM   
David Levine

Another big game for Mitchell Robinson.

17 points, 14 rebounds, 6 blocks and 3 steals.
Post #: 13398
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/27/2019 1:19:01 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha

He was the best player on the floor tonight. Orlando has been playing very well lately, but Robinson continues to dominate.

I have no idea if Fizdale is brilliant or an idiot, but I'm so happy he's giving Robinson run.

Men his size don't usually move the way he does. So fluid and smooth. I'm excited about his future.
Post #: 13399
RE: NBA Basketball - 2/27/2019 1:33:55 AM   
JT2

quote:

Another big game for Mitchell Robinson.

17 points, 14 rebounds, 6 blocks and 3 steals.

Crazy numbers. He's every bit as good as Doncic, in a completely different way.
Post #: 13400
Page:   <<   < prev  534 535 [536] 537 538   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  534 535 [536] 537 538   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode