Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NBA Talk 2012

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Talk 2012 Page: <<   < prev  550 551 [552] 553 554   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/24/2019 10:07:58 AM   
SoMnFan

Good stuff kurt
Helluva nice run by your Blazers
Lillard is something else. You've got a team to watch for awhile.

Woulda lost some money on the Bucks/Raptors
Was kinda hoping the Bucks had something going.
Post #: 13776
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/24/2019 12:38:46 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

In the future, They'll be looked at as some offensive juggernaut
When the truth is, they were built on
Defense, Ball movement, and Incredible Heart.

Somewhat reminiscent of the 49er dynasty imo.
Young people now think they were Joe Montana and Jerry Rice and innovative offense.
They were.
But the heart and soul of why they won was that they were full of real football players who fought you for every inch.
One of the most Underrated defenses ever.

Durant may be the games best-or-second-best player, but if he doesn't get on board and play Warrior basketball, he brings nothing to them. In that way they certainly are the Patriots. Play our way. Or we can't use you.
And if you play our way, you'll win. Almost every time. No one else in their respective leagues offers that to guys.
If you agree to be one of us, you'll win.

Been a few days so I think I can actually talk about this with a clear head now..😉

Teams go on scoring runs, that’s the NBA, the Warriors go on more spectacular runs then any team I’ve seen before, using the 3pt shot through ball/player movement unlike the isolation of most in today’s game.

However I think you hit the nail on the head my friend, what was painfully clear to me was that Klay Thompson is a beast defensively, Draymond Green is a multifaceted freak of intangibles. Not to mention at all how incredibly clutch Steph and Klay are offensively.

Their whole team has the quickest hands I can remember seeing, as just about every drive to the hoop was filled with hands knocking balls away before we even got it to the rim.

Warriors are on a different planet. No excuses...

I brought up the hands during the Clippers series. It's the kind of think you have to see in multiple consecutive games to really appreciate, because otherwise it just seems like they're either getting lucky or getting away with fouls, but it is uncanny.

And I'm not going to cry for him, but Klay got robbed of $30 million. Kyrie? Kemba? Love 'em both offensively, but neither is in the same galaxy as Klay defensively and he only has shot 40+% every year since Naismeth cut the bottom out of the barrel. He's also another guy you can take for granted if you don't watch him closely.
Post #: 13777
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/24/2019 6:24:26 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Good stuff kurt
Helluva nice run by your Blazers
Lillard is something else. You've got a team to watch for awhile.

Woulda lost some money on the Bucks/Raptors
Was kinda hoping the Bucks had something going.

Bucks aren't done.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13778
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/24/2019 6:57:10 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

In the future, They'll be looked at as some offensive juggernaut
When the truth is, they were built on
Defense, Ball movement, and Incredible Heart.

Somewhat reminiscent of the 49er dynasty imo.
Young people now think they were Joe Montana and Jerry Rice and innovative offense.
They were.
But the heart and soul of why they won was that they were full of real football players who fought you for every inch.
One of the most Underrated defenses ever.

Durant may be the games best-or-second-best player, but if he doesn't get on board and play Warrior basketball, he brings nothing to them. In that way they certainly are the Patriots. Play our way. Or we can't use you.
And if you play our way, you'll win. Almost every time. No one else in their respective leagues offers that to guys.
If you agree to be one of us, you'll win.

Been a few days so I think I can actually talk about this with a clear head now..😉

Teams go on scoring runs, that’s the NBA, the Warriors go on more spectacular runs then any team I’ve seen before, using the 3pt shot through ball/player movement unlike the isolation of most in today’s game.

However I think you hit the nail on the head my friend, what was painfully clear to me was that Klay Thompson is a beast defensively, Draymond Green is a multifaceted freak of intangibles. Not to mention at all how incredibly clutch Steph and Klay are offensively.

Their whole team has the quickest hands I can remember seeing, as just about every drive to the hoop was filled with hands knocking balls away before we even got it to the rim.

Warriors are on a different planet. No excuses...

I brought up the hands during the Clippers series. It's the kind of think you have to see in multiple consecutive games to really appreciate, because otherwise it just seems like they're either getting lucky or getting away with fouls, but it is uncanny.

And I'm not going to cry for him, but Klay got robbed of $30 million. Kyrie? Kemba? Love 'em both offensively, but neither is in the same galaxy as Klay defensively and he only has shot 40+% every year since Naismeth cut the bottom out of the barrel. He's also another guy you can take for granted if you don't watch him closely.

Klay is a complete player and doesn't need everyone's attention. He always takes the toughest defensive assignment making it easier for Steph to focus on offense. Think if we could've gotten him instead of Wiggins in the Love trade.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13779
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/25/2019 8:21:06 PM   
kgdabom

Go Bucks. Letting a large lead diminish, but still up 8.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13780
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/25/2019 9:36:42 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Fred VanVleet shooting 16% over the last 10 postseason games.

On the bright side, he has hit 39% of his Free Throws.

His resurgence has been a major factor.
Post #: 13781
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/25/2019 9:44:14 PM   
kgdabom

One of the worst collapses I have ever seen. Bucks up 15 late 3rd down 8 early 4th but now within 1.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13782
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/25/2019 10:21:04 PM   
JT2

I think we have a really great NBA Final coming up.

I think some people forgot how good Leonard is, after only playing nine games last year, and sitting out 20+ this season.

The Kawhiate Assassin.

I don't think Durant will play at least the first two games. Golden State may get some minutes out of Cousins.

Toronto's bench was invisible early in this series, but came to life. They can only go eight deep though.

As much as I like Looney, I think Gasol could be a really high impact player in the finals.

I'm excited.
Post #: 13783
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/26/2019 5:34:11 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I think we have a really great NBA Final coming up.

I think some people forgot how good Leonard is, after only playing nine games last year, and sitting out 20+ this season.

The Kawhiate Assassin.

I don't think Durant will play at least the first two games. Golden State may get some minutes out of Cousins.

Toronto's bench was invisible early in this series, but came to life. They can only go eight deep though.

As much as I like Looney, I think Gasol could be a really high impact player in the finals.

I'm excited.

Should be a fun series. The Toronto D against Kerr's adjustments, the ability/inability of non-Leonard Raptors to overcome nerves and rise to the occasion, and what GS does to neutralize Gasol are some of the wildcards I'm most interested in.
Post #: 13784
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/28/2019 11:09:35 AM   
kgdabom

wrong thread

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/28/2019 11:11:37 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13785
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/30/2019 9:26:56 PM   
Steve Lentz

Gasol with a good 1st half.
Warriors defending Leonard pretty well.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13786
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/30/2019 10:37:21 PM   
Steve Lentz

Siakam!!!!!!!

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13787
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/30/2019 10:55:42 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Siakam!!!!!!!

Durant to the rescue.
Post #: 13788
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/30/2019 11:51:39 PM   
David Levine

Toronto is all the things that have caused the Warriors problems in the past. Huge size, rebounding, defense and offensive pressure on the wings.
Post #: 13789
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 7:57:35 AM   
SoMnFan

Yup
Length is what I see
And that often wins you games imo
Might be too much for GS this time.
Incredible run tho.
Its fun to watch people climb mountains and eventually ... figure it out.
Looks like someone might have done it.
Post #: 13790
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 9:36:18 AM   
Steve Lentz

Leonard is definitely hurt. I hope he can make it through the series.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13791
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 10:35:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Yup
Length is what I see
And that often wins you games imo
Might be too much for GS this time.
Incredible run tho.
Its fun to watch people climb mountains and eventually ... figure it out.
Looks like someone might have done it.

Gasol was a revelation last night. He's just so damn good on defense. So smart. He's never been the fastest or most athletic, but his BBIQ is letting him age really gracefully. There was one play where he pushed the pick and roll defender into the picker to close down the open space which forced a smaller player into the lane where he was there for the rim protection. If he didn’t make that little play the open shot happens. And he does little stuff like this every time down the court.

The overall intelligence of that team is off the charts. Gasol, Lowry, Green, Kawhi... And Siakam is the rare "older young player" that is developing (on both ends) at light speed before our eyes.

If they keep Kawhi and OG can stay healthy, that team will be able to totally lockdown the perimeter for years to come.
Post #: 13792
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 10:40:21 AM   
David Levine

And the way they were running Klay and Steph off the 3 down the stretch was amazing. How many times did GS have to throw a million passes just to get a poor shooter a shot?

My concern with the Raptors in this series is if they can consistently score enough points. With what we've seen of their defense against the Bucks and last night, its definitely possible.
Post #: 13793
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 11:51:52 AM   
kurt bilben

Gawd I wish I would’ve watched.

Sounds like Toronto is way better then I thought they were.
Post #: 13794
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 12:11:37 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Gawd I wish I would’ve watched.

Sounds like Toronto is way better then I thought they were.

Me too - I thought the Bucks were going to roll them. Nurse is a hell of a coach. He badly outcoached Bud after getting down 0-2, and he did it to Kerr last night as well.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 5/31/2019 5:56:32 PM >
Post #: 13795
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 2:24:49 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

And the way they were running Klay and Steph off the 3 down the stretch was amazing. How many times did GS have to throw a million passes just to get a poor shooter a shot?

My concern with the Raptors in this series is if they can consistently score enough points. With what we've seen of their defense against the Bucks and last night, its definitely possible.

I couldn't get over how they were forcing the Bucks and Sixers to move laterally/backwards beyond the arc on multiple critical possessions, especially at the end of games. It was primarily Siakim and Kawhi, but there was always at least one other player on a string. Last night Gasol was stellar in his role doubling, but I would imagine there is video on its way to the league office right now because I thought Toronto got away with a lot of fouls, some of which were called on the other end of the floor. Gasol in particular got away with a lot, but he moved a lot, too, so it was hard to be sure what was happening in real time. The refs seemed to be waiting on GS to whine, too; the T on Klay was one such instance and Curry almost got called when he spun around on his butt after (what looked to me like) a blown blocking call when Kawhi got a a three-point play. The ref just stared down Steph, who didn't seem to complain further.

Not why GS lost, but a better-reffed game would have been closer IMO.
Post #: 13796
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 5:55:46 PM   
SoMnFan

Iggy and Durant both out of Game Two
Puts GS into that mode again.
Everyone will say "ripe to get rolled"
We'll see.
Post #: 13797
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 5:56:54 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Iggy and Durant both out of Game Two
Puts GS into that mode again.
Everyone will say "ripe to get rolled"
We'll see.

I'd LOVE to see it.
Post #: 13798
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 6:01:03 PM   
SoMnFan

I was thinking "ahhh, it'd be ok to see Toronto win this"
Then …
I remembered that would mean Drake's fanboyship would be validated.
Go Warriors.
Please.
Post #: 13799
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 5/31/2019 6:06:09 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I was thinking "ahhh, it'd be ok to see Toronto win this"
Then …
I remembered that would mean Drake's fanboyship would be validated.
Go Warriors.
Please.

That's not even a story as far as I'm concerned. No one will even remember it in 5 minutes.

I just think its way more interesting to see a team beat "the unbeatable" than to have another "lather, rinse repeat" championship.
Post #: 13800
Page:   <<   < prev  550 551 [552] 553 554   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Talk 2012 Page: <<   < prev  550 551 [552] 553 554   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode