Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:19:39 PM   
Che Oesterreich

I hope this design will allow for the same crowd noise advantage, couldn't tell from PA's statement here if he has any inside info but like the dome and a couple others like Seattle's stadium, I want this one scaring opposing teams for the next 30 years.
Post #: 51
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:21:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm glad that there's a roof. I couldn't imagine that they wouldn't have a roof because it's the only right way to make it multipurpose. The fact that it's a clear roof that enables light to come in and give the feel that it's outdoors- perfect. Great idea.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 52
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:22:00 PM   
Ian Joseph

I think they alluded to it.. Mentioned state of the art acoustics..

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 53
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:25:52 PM   
Che Oesterreich

Excellent, last dream is proper tailgate space and I'm on cloud 9, ah who am I kidding I already am
Post #: 54
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:41:14 PM   
Karl Juhnke

I'm loving it... at least on first impression. Absolutely loving it.

I wanted a stadium like no other. This seems to fill the bill.

And I agree with Lynn. Paired with Target Field this could very well be the best stadium combination in the country.

Free Josh Okogie
Post #: 55
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:45:48 PM   
DeLain

I love it but I kind of wish both sides would have been glass. Instead of just half. Probably a cost thing. Although I am glad that we did get half glass. If not it would have been ugg. The glass is what makes it.

No BB guns allowed within 1000 feet.
Post #: 56
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:46:20 PM   
Eh... it's alright. Again another anticlimactic finish just like the uni's.
Looks like an upside down Vikings ship that just got rolled.
The 50 yard line non fixed lower bowl seats are a bad idea. Big money bleacher seats?
Glare could be a problem both with the roof and the ribbon boards. I'm sure they addressed it conceptually but they won't know for sure til it's finished.
Could affect baseball more than football.
Hopefully the interior game day experience will be great for you guys. That's the bottom line.
If the game day experience is great then people will pay the extra coin.
Didn't see any capacity numbers.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 57
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:52:20 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

I love it but I kind of wish both sides would have been glass. Instead of just half. Probably a cost thing. Although I am glad that we did get half glass. If not it would have been ugg. The glass is what makes it.

No BB guns allowed within 1000 feet.

It may be a design limitation. Maybe it's only possible for a glass roof to be so big and be structurally sound.

Free Josh Okogie
Post #: 58
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:54:19 PM   
MarkWren

Fixed roof? I'm sorry, but the pussification of MN has now been completed. The Minnesota Vikings will remain an indoor team. A soft team. A dead-on-grass-outdoors in November and December team. It's called football, for God's sake. It's always been meant to be played outside, in the elements, with all of the vagaries they bring. We get an artsy fartsy mausoleum in which we can sip our chardonnay while ruminating on the pink ribbon positioning on the helmets of the players. No, thanks. Give me Arrowhead any day.

Ah, but perhaps the game of tough guys has already changed. Legal eagles circle about, and soon enough the head trauma issues will undo the league. Maybe it's all moot. I'm not surprised at all at the design. I'm disappointed we did not recapture our roots. The Minnesota Vikings were once a source of true pride--tough, disciplined, resourceful, resilient. I see no way back home from here.
Post #: 59
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:55:17 PM   
J Jeffreys

How many teams will have three totally different stadium experiences in the next four years? A little something for everyone. The old dome for nostalgia if nothing else. The U of Minn outdoor experience for the truly Met nostalgic. And a Super Bowl worthy experience that puts the Vikings in the realm of the latest and greatest.

I like the fact that different exterior angles seem to create a completely different image and edifice. I like the fact that V angles are prominent throughout. I like the outdoor feeling. I like the intimacy of fan to field. I am thrilled that there is a Viking ship feel in at least one of the exterior images.

A little nervous about the ark feel. Not thrilled about the closed roof. Was hoping for a video screen to trump the Dallas mistake. Please tell me injured players will have an option not to hobble down a flight of stairs as I see in several current stadia e.g. Foxboro and Pittsburgh.

Call me J
Post #: 60
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:57:39 PM   
I think the shadows are gonna drive players and fans crazy too.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 61
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 8:59:08 PM   
Ian Joseph

No.. The field and service levels are the same..

Believe.
Post #: 62
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:02:36 PM   
Todd M

They're ripping it at the Strib. Wonder if those people were anti stadium going in? lol

Art just needs some meat, dairy, eggs or somethin...he'll come around.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 63
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:08:59 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkWren

Fixed roof? I'm sorry, but the pussification of MN has now been completed. The Minnesota Vikings will remain an indoor team. A soft team. A dead-on-grass-outdoors in November and December team. It's called football, for God's sake. It's always been meant to be played outside, in the elements, with all of the vagaries they bring. We get an artsy fartsy mausoleum in which we can sip our chardonnay while ruminating on the pink ribbon positioning on the helmets of the players. No, thanks. Give me Arrowhead any day.

Ah, but perhaps the game of tough guys has already changed. Legal eagles circle about, and soon enough the head trauma issues will undo the league. Maybe it's all moot. I'm not surprised at all at the design. I'm disappointed we did not recapture our roots. The Minnesota Vikings were once a source of true pride--tough, disciplined, resourceful, resilient. I see no way back home from here.

Blah blah. What's that buzzing noise?

It's fun to brag about our 'roots' of sub zero football. But the dirty little secret is, nobody particularly liked it. They just wouldn't admit it. When you had empty seats at a 45, 000 football venue in December especially in a state where the team is as popular as the Vikings, that should tell you all you need to know. The 'glory days' as you remember them were largely fiction. A product of NFL films. Complete with clips of flame throwers thawing the field set to dramatic music.

Free Josh Okogie
Post #: 64
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:14:59 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Imagine a 3-13 type team with 0 degree weather. Let the Packers do that.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 65
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:17:20 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

They're ripping it at the Strib. Wonder if those people were anti stadium going in? lol

Art just needs some meat, dairy, eggs or somethin...he'll come around.

Spring Chinook Salmon with fried brown rice and asparagus tips.

Post #: 66
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:20:01 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

I think the shadows are gonna drive players and fans crazy too.

It's actually one of the things I missed at the dome.

Never forget those early September games at the Met when Tark was dumping the ball off to Chuck Foreman as he ran in, and out of the shadows for a TD.

Loved it!
Post #: 67
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:26:29 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I'm loving it... at least on first impression. Absolutely loving it.

I wanted a stadium like no other. This seems to fill the bill.

And I agree with Lynn. Paired with Target Field this could very well be the best stadium combination in the country.

Don't forget the X - it's a top 5 hockey arena, and a top concert arena as well.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 68
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:28:25 PM   
Ian Joseph

That hockey graphic in the stadium was killer and I'm not even a hockey fan like that.

Believe.
Post #: 69
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:33:24 PM   
kurt bilben

These people saying the stadium is ugly? What freakin stadium is good lookin?

Looks freakin good to me!
Post #: 70
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:37:35 PM   
Ian Joseph

The stadium is bad ass.. Unlike anything I've ever seen. Love the innovation.

Could care less the roof doesn't open. World class facility.

Believe.
Post #: 71
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:38:16 PM   
Ian Joseph

Oh yeah, I'm there!!!

Believe.
Post #: 72
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:39:59 PM   
Steve Lentz

Unique, innovative and ours!!!!!!!

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 73
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:42:24 PM   
David F.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 74
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/13/2013 9:44:33 PM   
Dave Odle

It's daring and bold. It's got such an architectural flare to it. This is the kind of stadium that is ahead of its time. I remember when cars in the 2000's starting rolling off of assembly lines and they appeared very futuristic w/ their curves and aerodynamic features. This is the same thing. Even in ten or fifteen years it won't look outdated. Much like technology and progress, this is the wave of the future. All of the natural light entering the facility gives it an organic feel. The inside looks even better. This stadium will serve as a template for those future cities that have to decide between open air vs. retractable roof. There didn't seem to be any other options, but this is a good compromise. When I saw that there was no retractable roof, I thought I'd hate it. This, however, is unique and forward-thinking. There are so may things that are changing for our beloved Vikes. State-of-the-art stadium, GM kicking ass and taking names, and a youth movement w/ players. It's exciting. Jerryworld, eat your heart out!

Could this be the year?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode