Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 11/30/2016 9:30:09 PM   
Lynn G.

Mark - that's a new NFL policy - not a Viking policy. Just very small bags (like the size of a wallet), or larger, clear ones. A one-gallong ziplock bag will work

The time it takes to search 40,000 large purses is not sustainable.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 1376
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 11/30/2016 9:53:35 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Mark - that's a new NFL policy - not a Viking policy. Just very small bags (like the size of a wallet), or larger, clear ones. A one-gallong ziplock bag will work

The time it takes to search 40,000 large purses is not sustainable.

The rule has been in force for at least a few years. I think it came to be after the Boston Marathon bombing. TCF used to have huge, slow lines and would get a kick out of people in line with bags. Dozens of people would tell them they wouldn't be allowed to bring them in and the bag holder wouldn't believe it - until they saw the garbage can by the gate with 15 purses in it. Of course that wouldn't stop them from arguing with security and slowing the line down even more.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 1377
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 11/30/2016 11:09:53 PM   
Mark Anderson

Last game I went to at Dome(2012) I think they looked in my wife's purse and waved us through.
Post #: 1378
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 4/30/2017 12:20:11 AM   
drviking

http://www.kaaltv.com/sports/leaky-walls-loose-panels-at-vikings-new-11b-stadium/4468291/?cat=10151

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1379
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 4/30/2017 12:38:15 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

http://www.kaaltv.com/sports/leaky-walls-loose-panels-at-vikings-new-11b-stadium/4468291/?cat=10151

Hopefully they can widen the concourses and add more restrooms when they fix those panels. I can't believe they F'd that up. The one damn thing everyone wanted... and they gave us everything but.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 1380
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 8:26:53 AM   
Lynn G.

More restrooms? Good god there are restrooms about every 25 yards in the new stadium. I think they did a fabulous job with both the wide concourses and numbers of restrooms. Are you sure you're not confusing it with some other stadium?

Post #: 1381
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 9:36:09 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

More restrooms? Good god there are restrooms about every 25 yards in the new stadium. I think they did a fabulous job with both the wide concourses and numbers of restrooms. Are you sure you're not confusing it with some other stadium?

Well, in David's defense, he's there more than most of us. I think the wider concourses invite even more people to be there for whatever reason, which makes them seem small. I cant speak to the bathrooms.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1382
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 9:55:00 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

Well, in David's defense, he's there more than most of us. I think the wider concourses invite even more people to be there for whatever reason, which makes them seem small. I cant speak to the bathrooms.

They have more restrooms than the dome but they also put in urinals and lots of stalls in place of the good ol' trough and just a couple of stalls. The lines are just as long as the dome. We've taken pictures of the lines and sent them to the Vikings.

The concourses are wider but the design of the stadium attracts too many people to the big doors and it's just a clusterf@ck from those doors and then going left or right for about 1/3 of the length of the stadium. We don't enter through the big doors anymore even though our seats are literally right through the doors and down. We enter from North and then walk against traffic to our seats. It's faster and the concessions are accessible on the way whereas the concessions near the big doors are not even an option.

I grade the stadium as follows:

Outside appearance: A
Areas around the stadium (grassy park, plaza, etc...): A
Sight lines and scoreboards, proximity to field: A
Tailgating: D
Restrooms and ability to navigate: F-

Post #: 1383
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 10:14:11 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

They have more restrooms than the dome but they also put in urinals and lots of stalls in place of the good ol' trough and just a couple of stalls. The lines are just as long as the dome. We've taken pictures of the lines and sent them to the Vikings.

The concourses are wider but the design of the stadium attracts too many people to the big doors and it's just a clusterf@ck from those doors and then going left or right for about 1/3 of the length of the stadium. We don't enter through the big doors anymore even though our seats are literally right through the doors and down. We enter from North and then walk against traffic to our seats. It's faster and the concessions are accessible on the way whereas the concessions near the big doors are not even an option.

Well, hopefully, the big doors amenity loses its luster in year 2. At some point, the regulars will not be so enthused by entering through them. It was awesome to exit through them at the Texans game, but I've never entered through them.

I cant speak to tailgating, though I surmise that was never important to the team, since that real estate around the stadium is at a premium. Someone will end up buy that lot you guys tailgate in sometime in the next 10 years.

Believe.
Post #: 1384
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 1:34:59 PM   
Lynn G.

I AM totally with you on the tailgating topic. It's one of the reasons I favored that site out in Arden Hills, but obviously the downtown business contingent would have none of that. It's the same group that fought hard to bring the dome downtown when they were moving from the old Met Stadium in Bloomington. The Bloomington site had enormous amounts of tailgating space and all of the infrastructure (such as freeway access and hotels) that a stadium needs.

Back when Ziggy was first touting a stadium and there was some speculation about a location, I sent him a letter, along with a map, encouraging him to look at the space that is to the immediate south of the Mall of America. It would have been excellent for all of the reasons stated above, as well as a sentimental favorite because it was right by the site of the Met Stadium. Needless to say I had no sway over his decision.

Post #: 1385
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 2:03:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

I AM totally with you on the tailgating topic. It's one of the reasons I favored that site out in Arden Hills, but obviously the downtown business contingent would have none of that. It's the same group that fought hard to bring the dome downtown when they were moving from the old Met Stadium in Bloomington. The Bloomington site had enormous amounts of tailgating space and all of the infrastructure (such as freeway access and hotels) that a stadium needs.

Back when Ziggy was first touting a stadium and there was some speculation about a location, I sent him a letter, along with a map, encouraging him to look at the space that is to the immediate south of the Mall of America. It would have been excellent for all of the reasons stated above, as well as a sentimental favorite because it was right by the site of the Met Stadium. Needless to say I had no sway over his decision.

Do you remember when the new stadium was just in the early talks? The downtown contingent came out and said they weren't willing to do anything to keep the stadium. Then Arden Hills came up as a topic. Then all of a sudden they did a 180 and were ready to accommodate. I was hoping they would have stuck to their guns. Downtown is a crappy spot for an NFL stadium.

In 2015 I had the pleasure of going to Mile High in Denver. They did everything right on that one - from location, to tailgating as far as the eye could see in most directions, to multiple gates (top level people get their gates and ground level people get their gates), to prices (way cheaper), to selection (hope you like Miller products at US Bank), to concourses so wide you can actually sit down and eat at a table in them.

Sigh...

Post #: 1386
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 2:20:07 PM   
Lynn G.

Yep - and the Arden Hills site would have offered all of that. The blame all goes to the downtown business powerhouses. Just like in politics, the spoils go to those who wave the most money at the decision makers. In politics, the biggest donors get appointed to cabinet positions that they haven't even heard of. In corporate America they get to have the playground put in their own backyard.

Post #: 1387
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 3:50:19 PM   
No stadium/ball park is perfect when it's full.
I had no problem going to the bathroom, getting food or a beer in Ian's seats.
It was crowded getting out but show me one stadium that isn't and I'll show you a bad team or an uninspired fan base.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1388
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 5:55:04 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

It was crowded getting out but show me one stadium that isn't and I'll show you a bad team or an uninspired fan base.

Lol, my seats are different though. It's not a true comparison. Why I didn't chime in on that.
L

Believe.
Post #: 1389
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 8:23:42 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

IMO the waits in the bathroom lines is about half what it was at the metrodome. They just move faster.
Post #: 1390
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/1/2017 8:41:54 PM   
Ricky J

For me going to the bathroom is something you consider about 4 hours before you get to the stadium. And when you're in the stadium you hit it before you sit. And if you're going to have to go again you time it to miss as little time if any at all.

Of course drinking booze prior to entering the game isn't a priority for me so it makes most of this a lot easier.

* how you could have spent time at the HHH and give the current stadium an F for restrooms is being a little too dramatic, imo
Post #: 1391
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 7:53:07 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

I echo your sentiments re Ian's seats. My family members (and myself) were totally thrilled with all the amenities and location of those seats. I strongly urge you guys/gal to consider them for the future. And using them enabled me to check another item from my bucket list.
Post #: 1392
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 7:58:00 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

For me going to the bathroom is something you consider about 4 hours before you get to the stadium. And when you're in the stadium you hit it before you sit. And if you're going to have to go again you time it to miss as little time if any at all.

Of course drinking booze prior to entering the game isn't a priority for me so it makes most of this a lot easier.

* how you could have spent time at the HHH and give the current stadium an F for restrooms is being a little too dramatic, imo

Totally agree with your restroom strategy Ricky. Wasn't a problem for us at the Detroit game.
Wish I could say the same for the results of the game.
Post #: 1393
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 8:48:24 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

Totally agree with your restroom strategy Ricky. Wasn't a problem for us at the Detroit game.
Wish I could say the same for the results of the game.

Ugh

One of the worst kind of games - sure you've got it in the bag and then BOOM!
Post #: 1394
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:06:41 AM   
Sandman

quote:

quote:

quote:

Won't catch me there mingling with the sheep. Walking shoulder to shoulder paying for overpriced concessions and partaking in a moronic SKOL chant in a billion dollar rip off thats already falling apart. Taxpayers burned again.
Post #: 1395
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:18:15 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sandman

quote:

quote:

quote:

Won't catch me there mingling with the sheep. Walking shoulder to shoulder paying for overpriced concessions and partaking in a moronic SKOL chant in a billion dollar rip off thats already falling apart. Taxpayers burned again.

No sense dying rich - live a little Sandman!
Post #: 1396
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:44:23 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

I echo your sentiments re Ian's seats. My family members (and myself) were totally thrilled with all the amenities and location of those seats. I strongly urge you guys/gal to consider them for the future. And using them enabled me to check another item from my bucket list.

Hey - I put my name on Ian's list for when he needs to sell his tickets to a future game. Would love to give them a shot.

So far I have attended one Viking game in the new stadium - Monday night versus the Giants last year and I swear I was good luck because we won that game!

Post #: 1397
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:47:38 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Sorry you feel that way. I feel like the adrenalin rush that comes from being in a place where 65,000 people are cheering for the same team as you are, and everything at a supersized level of excitement - it's all good.

And I love the SKOL chant.

Post #: 1398
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:55:52 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No sense dying rich - live a little Sandman!

LOL

In my day, we didn't have video-games! We just sat around and watched a potata' bake!

Post #: 1399
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 9:57:55 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

Believe.
Post #: 1400
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode