Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  54 55 56 [57] 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 4:58:56 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Not sure where Sandman crawled out from but that is one of the more negative takes from a Vikings 'fan' I've read.

Being there was a dream and if that makes me a sheep then yes, Baaaaaaaa....

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 1401
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 10:02:47 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Not sure where Sandman crawled out from but that is one of the more negative takes from a Vikings 'fan' I've read.

Being there was a dream and if that makes me a sheep then yes, Baaaaaaaa....

I thought it was magnificent stadium. Also love the "SKOL" chant.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 1402
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 10:10:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Vikings fan?
Post #: 1403
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/2/2017 10:25:55 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Vikings fan?

I see quotation marks around fan
Post #: 1404
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 12:02:26 AM   
JT2

Fantastic that we judge fans in a Viking forum.

Since we're doing it, who's the best? Anybody? Does PFF have a grade? Wait, many of you don't like PFF. Maybe Arif has a fan rating analytic that he could share? No, he doesn't post here any longer. So, who is the best? Worst? Casual? Fake?

What makes anybody think they are in a position to judge this? If you feel that you are, go ahead and lay it on me. Rank 'em. Be sure to include yourself in that #1 spot.

Is there criteria that needs to be met? If so, what is it? I'd love to hear it. I might find out I'm not an approved fan.

Personally, I welcome more Viking fans to this forum. It's needed. Doesn't matter one bit to me if I agree or disagree with any opinion they share. I'm happy when they share.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 5/3/2017 12:03:53 AM >
Post #: 1405
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 7:08:15 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Since we're doing it, who's the best? Anybody? Does PFF have a grade? Wait, many of you don't like PFF. Maybe Arif has a fan rating analytic that he could share? No, he doesn't post here any longer. So, who is the best? Worst? Casual? Fake?

What makes anybody think they are in a position to judge this? If you feel that you are, go ahead and lay it on me. Rank 'em. Be sure to include yourself in that #1 spot.

Is there criteria that needs to be met? If so, what is it? I'd love to hear it. I might find out I'm not an approved fan.

Personally, I welcome more Viking fans to this forum. It's needed. Doesn't matter one bit to me if I agree or disagree with any opinion they share. I'm happy when they share.

What a pile of crap.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 1406
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 7:18:11 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

No stadium/ball park is perfect when it's full.
I had no problem going to the bathroom, getting food or a beer in Ian's seats.
It was crowded getting out but show me one stadium that isn't and I'll show you a bad team or an uninspired fan base.

I echo your sentiments re Ian's seats. My family members (and myself) were totally thrilled with all the amenities and location of those seats. I strongly urge you guys/gal to consider them for the future. And using them enabled me to check another item from my bucket list.

Hey - I put my name on Ian's list for when he needs to sell his tickets to a future game. Would love to give them a shot.

So far I have attended one Viking game in the new stadium - Monday night versus the Giants last year and I swear I was good luck because we won that game!

The seats are awesome Lynn. Except for the raucous bunch of young guys behind us. Just kidding.....they were having a great time & I remember being young like them a long time ago & behaving in the same manner so it was all good.
Post #: 1407
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 7:21:05 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

What a pile of crap.

The most condescending poster here judging those who judged a judgmental post ... nice

Hey, mess with the Skol Chant and that's what you get!
Post #: 1408
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 7:59:39 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Vikings fan?

Good eyes man.

Must have been referring to one of these.

Post #: 1409
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 5/3/2017 8:31:40 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Baaaaah and proud of it

No doubt.

Vikings fan?

Good eyes man.

Must have been referring to one of these.

I know, personally if I was Todd I would of used two of those little do hickeys on each side of the word but hey, I don't want to get all judgmental about it.
Post #: 1410
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 8/7/2017 3:31:46 PM   
David F.

Got an email from the Vikings today notifying me that the tailgate lot I buy a season pass to has been built on as well as one other. They gave me the address of another lot that allows tailgating but I can't buy a season pass or even a single pass in advance. It's first come-first serve and it's about three blocks further away and from google maps it appears to have about 25% of the spots that the old lot had.

Oh what could have been out in Arden Hills... The planners for US Bank Stadium should be lined up and shot. Was that too harsh? Yeah maybe. They should be lined up and forcibly sodomized.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 1411
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 8/7/2017 4:35:48 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

TSA would have a ton of volunteers for that particular task.

PPE II baby
Post #: 1412
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 8/7/2017 5:06:41 PM   
Ian Joseph

I'm selling my VIP parking passes for the home games. You're parking in the lot directly next to the stadium, which has a direct access skyway tunnel connected. PM me for more info.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1413
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/17/2017 9:28:14 PM   
Aaron Cross

Atlanta got their stadium right. We screwed ours up. Again.
Post #: 1414
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/17/2017 9:41:30 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aaron Cross

You learned that from TV? Have you been to our stadium?

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1415
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/18/2017 12:21:09 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aaron Cross

Why?
Post #: 1416
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/18/2017 12:47:45 PM   
Tim Cady

Sound at concerts. Damn fine facility for football

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1417
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 8:32:55 AM   
Lynn G.

I haven't been inside Atlanta's stadium, but ours is incredible. It's not a competition - let's just be happy with the crazy good place we have.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 1418
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 9:42:43 AM   
David F.

US Bank Stadium

Pros:

It's here. Above all else at least the damn team didn't move. This should count for 30 pros.

It's beautiful.

The big doors are really neat especially when open.

The score boards are fantastic.

The clear half of the roof is neat.

The plaza outside of the legacy gate (big doors) is well laid out and lots of fun.

The park just to the west of the plaza is even nicer with green grass and tons of fun things to see or participate in.

Good access with light rail.

Variable pricing (makes the preseason games cheaper and the regular season games more expensive.)

Cons:

Tailgating is on the verge of extinction. This should count as 15 cons.

It's nearly impossible to get in line for concessions, get them, and get back to your seat in under 30 minutes.

Concessions are overpriced even by stadium standards and quality doesn't match.

Entry is a clusterf*%k. This is getting better but they need to make an effort to get people to use the gate that's printed on their ticket. If 66,000 people come to the game it feels as though 65,999 of them all enter the legacy gate.

Very few of the features of the app actually work inside the stadium. We were promised replay, concessions ordering, concessions delivery, injury reports, and game breaks. As of today none of those features work.

The thing that really gets me is that with the exception of the tailgating - all of the cons I listed are fixable. They don't seem to care enough to fix them though. I've filled out every STO survey sent to me and emailed every specific problem (including my online order during a preseason game which took my money but sent me to a concession stand that didn't exist). No response. Conversely, should I go three days past the due date of the tickets I get a personal call on my cell phone.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 1419
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 10:04:32 AM   
Ricky J

Interesting. Thank you
Post #: 1420
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 10:08:04 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

US Bank Stadium

Pros:

It's here. Above all else at least the damn team didn't move. This should count for 30 pros.

It's beautiful.

The big doors are really neat especially when open.

The score boards are fantastic.

The clear half of the roof is neat.

The plaza outside of the legacy gate (big doors) is well laid out and lots of fun.

The park just to the west of the plaza is even nicer with green grass and tons of fun things to see or participate in.

Good access with light rail.

Variable pricing (makes the preseason games cheaper and the regular season games more expensive.)

Cons:

Tailgating is on the verge of extinction. This should count as 15 cons.

It's nearly impossible to get in line for concessions, get them, and get back to your seat in under 30 minutes.

Entry is a clusterf*%k. This is getting better but they need to make an effort to get people to use the gate that's printed on their ticket. If 66,000 people come to the game it feels as though 65,999 of them all enter the legacy gate.

Very few of the features of the app actually work inside the stadium. We were promised replay, concessions ordering, concessions delivery, injury reports, and game breaks. As of today none of those features work.

The thing that really gets me is that with the exception of the tailgating
- all of the cons I listed are fixable. They don't seem to care enough to fix them though. I've filled out every STO survey sent to me and emailed every specific problem (including my online order during a preseason game which took my money but sent me to a concession stand that didn't exist). No response. Conversely, should I go three days past the due date of the tickets I get a personal call on my cell phone.

Greedy bastards probably want everyone to go into the stadium early and drink high priced booze.
Post #: 1421
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 10:32:02 AM   
David Levine

quote:

That was the one thing that really stood out about Atlanta's stadium. That Arthur Blank mandated super cheap concessions whenever the stadium is used for anything.

Post #: 1422
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 10:35:59 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

That was the one thing that really stood out about Atlanta's stadium. That Arthur Blank mandated super cheap concessions whenever the stadium is used for anything.

Total agreement. My wife and I actually rewound because we thought we misunderstood. Kudos to Blank.
Post #: 1423
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 10:45:54 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Total agreement. My wife and I actually rewound because we thought we misunderstood. Kudos to Blank.

A Billionaire that continues to make billions and doesn't feel the need to squeak out a few extra hundred thousand on the backs of loyal fans. I'll make a bold prediction and predict that the Atlanta stadium revenues from concessions will be every bit as much as those that gouge. There's still profit in Atlanta's lower prices - the fans might just buy MORE of each thing. I'll be watching that with curiosity.

Post #: 1424
RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread - 9/19/2017 11:27:38 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I did too. I think they featured the $2 hot dogs and the $2 soda that you can refill for free from any soda machine around the stadium.

I gained so much respect for Blank right there.
Post #: 1425
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 56 [57] 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes New Stadium Thread Page: <<   < prev  54 55 56 [57] 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode