Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Steve Lentz
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  553 554 [555] 556 557   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/17/2019 9:00:41 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

Congratulations to my nice Kathleen Harthan who was the senior captain of the Sartell Dance team that won their third straight AA high kick competition at the Target Center last evening. They were in third place behind Faribault and Totino Grace after the preliminaries by a narrow margin of one point. They performed their routine even better in the evening session with simply more energy, better synchronization, and their lines were amazingly straight. There were lots of other difficult moves and pyramids in their routine performed to the Bengals hit song "Walk Like and Egyptian". Kathleen's team finished in third place in her freshman year so she finished her high school career with a third place finish and three first place finishes. Their team also finished in third place for the third straight year in the Jazz/Funk dance competition. Kathleen was named to the first team All-State dance-line for the tournament along with one other girl from Sartell. If you haven't attended this event before, I encourage you to go. There are at least 15,000 people that attend and the energy level is probably the best for any high school tournament event. Remember that these girls essentially give up participating in other team sports to excel at dance where they practice for the better part of ten months of the year.

Nice!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 13851
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/19/2019 3:53:48 PM   
twinsfan

If the Alliance of American Football doesn’t make it to a second season, we’ll be able to look back at its second week as a big reason why the league didn’t last.

After a successful debut weekend — more than 6 million watched the first two games on CBS — the new football league full of guys who used to play, coach, and still have dreams of making it to the NFL, almost ended days after its inaugural season kicked off.

“The AAF missed payroll in Week 1. They told agents that it was a glitch with switching to a new administrator. They told players would be paid by today the latest,” tweeted sports business reporter Darren Rovell early Tuesday morning.

“Update: AAF players who were told league missed payroll for Week 1 because of a glitch have now been paid, hours after league announces it essentially sold itself to Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon,” tweeted Rovell hours later.

--------------------------
---------
--
Post #: 13852
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/19/2019 4:36:16 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

If the Alliance of American Football doesn’t make it to a second season, we’ll be able to look back at its second week as a big reason why the league didn’t last.

After a successful debut weekend — more than 6 million watched the first two games on CBS — the new football league full of guys who used to play, coach, and still have dreams of making it to the NFL, almost ended days after its inaugural season kicked off.

“The AAF missed payroll in Week 1. They told agents that it was a glitch with switching to a new administrator. They told players would be paid by today the latest,” tweeted sports business reporter Darren Rovell early Tuesday morning.

“Update: AAF players who were told league missed payroll for Week 1 because of a glitch have now been paid, hours after league announces it essentially sold itself to Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon,” tweeted Rovell hours later.

Seems to me you would basically have the cash for the full season's payroll before you even started. I can't imagine they thought the league would be printing money early on.

I think any league only works if there is a limited number of teams and the NFL can put practice squad guys on the teams and play their 2nd/3rd string QBs if they want.

I would love to see Sloter play in some minor league games. Thats were the value is and any league is DOA until that happens.

I think ratings would be decent it NFL fans could watch some of their own on the field.
Post #: 13853
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/20/2019 5:41:02 PM   
twinsfan

To the chagrin of his co-hosts, Fox and Friends presenter Pete Hegseth told the show’s audience Sunday morning that he hasn’t washed his hands in a decade.

The revelation came after co-hosts Ed Henry and Jedediah Bila questioned Hegseth’s off-camera consumption of pizza left out after National Pizza Day Saturday. Hegseth had argued that pizza “lasts for a long time.”

Bila then quipped Hegseth "might take a chomp out of" anything on a table "that's not nailed down"—including mugs.

“My 2019 resolution is to say things on air that I say off air... I don’t think I’ve washed my hands for 10 years. Really, I don’t really wash my hands ever,” Hegseth continued, prompting laughter from his co-hosts.

“Someone help me,” Bila said. “Oh man.”

“I inoculate myself. Germs are not a real thing. I can’t see them. Therefore they’re not real,” Hegseth said.

---------
--
Post #: 13854
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/20/2019 6:41:12 PM   
CPAMAN

At least 3 feet of snow on the ground here in St. Cloud. Most we have had in quite some time. I would say over ten years.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 13855
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/21/2019 10:56:31 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

To the chagrin of his co-hosts, Fox and Friends presenter Pete Hegseth told the show’s audience Sunday morning that he hasn’t washed his hands in a decade.

The revelation came after co-hosts Ed Henry and Jedediah Bila questioned Hegseth’s off-camera consumption of pizza left out after National Pizza Day Saturday. Hegseth had argued that pizza “lasts for a long time.”

Bila then quipped Hegseth "might take a chomp out of" anything on a table "that's not nailed down"—including mugs.

“My 2019 resolution is to say things on air that I say off air... I don’t think I’ve washed my hands for 10 years. Really, I don’t really wash my hands ever,” Hegseth continued, prompting laughter from his co-hosts.

“Someone help me,” Bila said. “Oh man.”

“I inoculate myself. Germs are not a real thing. I can’t see them. Therefore they’re not real,” Hegseth said.

Lion hides in bushes, Zebra says Lions are not a real thing. I can't see them, therefore they're not real...

Less than two minutes later Zebra is lion lunch.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 2/21/2019 10:57:58 AM >

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 13856
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/21/2019 11:00:46 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Seems to me you would basically have the cash for the full season's payroll before you even started. I can't imagine they thought the league would be printing money early on.

I think any league only works if there is a limited number of teams and the NFL can put practice squad guys on the teams and play their 2nd/3rd string QBs if they want.

I would love to see Sloter play in some minor league games. Thats were the value is and any league is DOA until that happens.

I think ratings would be decent it NFL fans could watch some of their own on the field.

Exactly, the NFL and CFL should invest in the league and use it as a training league/minor league system.

NFL Europe used to serve this function.

It would be a great developement league.

And a league for testing out some rule change possibilities before they royally **** up some NFL games.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 13857
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/22/2019 6:11:43 PM   
twinsfan

Happy birthday DL!

---------
--
Post #: 13858
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/22/2019 7:09:35 PM   
Phil Riewer

Happy BDay DL.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 13859
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/22/2019 10:35:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

DL happy BDAy

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 13860
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/23/2019 9:05:12 AM   
MDK

Happy belated Bday wishes. You got a Twolves win on you BDAY. To our favorite bag-drawing avatar artist, hope your day was good.

The Mauer era is over. The Mauer haters are happy. The Mauer lovers are sad. And those in the middle........Que Será, Será

MARA!!!!! Buy your rakes now and get to work.
Post #: 13861
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/23/2019 9:57:25 AM   
TJSweens

Belated happy birthday from me as well. You've spent several of your years futilely trying to teach me basketball and I appreciate it.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 13862
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 2/23/2019 11:53:08 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Belated happy birthday from me as well. You've spent several of your years futilely trying to teach me basketball and I appreciate it.

Why did he give up on me?

---------
--
Post #: 13863
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/1/2019 5:00:49 PM   
Mr. Ed

And just like that, senior season of basketball is over.

A year of frustrations, limited opportunities, agendas, and perseverance.

2/3 of the sports year is over.

It hit William pretty hard last night.

Hit me harder today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 13864
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/1/2019 5:18:22 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Hit me harder today.

High School sports can be the best of times and the worst of times.
Your relationship with each other will go on forever. Hang in there my friend.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 3/1/2019 7:46:13 PM >

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13865
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/1/2019 5:36:03 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Hit me harder today.

High School sports can be the best of times and the worse of times.
Your relationship with each other will go on forever. Hang in there my friend.

Some days...….

I dunno

Life can sure suck.

And for others, it's even more of a bitch.
Kerry, my heart aches for what you're going through. I pray for your family to keep strong.

Gah.

Post #: 13866
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/1/2019 11:33:13 PM   
bstinger

Agree that life sucks often, but tonight a little good news that is cheering me up.

My daughter brought home her high school transcript and pointed out to me that her class rank is currently #1 out of like 420 or so, don't remember the exact #.

She's only 3/8 through high school, so I told her to temper her enthusiasm and keep working hard, but I am very proud of her so far!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 13867
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/2/2019 1:12:10 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Agree that life sucks often, but tonight a little good news that is cheering me up.

My daughter brought home her high school transcript and pointed out to me that her class rank is currently #1 out of like 420 or so, don't remember the exact #.

She's only 3/8 through high school, so I told her to temper her enthusiasm and keep working hard, but I am very proud of her so far!

quote:

That's great!

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 13868
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/2/2019 1:19:11 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Wow!!
How impressive. Hard to get better news than that.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13869
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/2/2019 5:30:07 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

quote:

quote:

That's great!

Congratulations!

Post #: 13870
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/5/2019 2:20:10 PM   
SoMnFan

We're a good hour and a half from Brookings, but the people around here are flocking to go see the Daum kid play.
Some outstanding BB being played in the SD/ND/MN areas these days
Our locals once again made it to the league Finals. Lot of real student athletes giving their all nightly.
Males and females. Hope you're enjoying it Miles.
Post #: 13871
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/5/2019 2:27:47 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

We're a good hour and a half from Brookings, but the people around here are flocking to go see the Daum kid play.
Some outstanding BB being played in the SD/ND/MN areas these days
Our locals once again made it to the league Finals. Lot of real student athletes giving their all nightly.
Males and females. Hope you're enjoying it Miles.

Daum will experience some barriers by NBA people who think a white kid from a mid major school doesn't have the quickness, speed or jumping ability to make it in the NBA.

The kid is big and can shoot. He has a very quick release.

If someone gives him a true chance, he will prove he belongs in the NBA. Just score his 3000 point in the game against USD.

He is a playah

The Mauer era is over. The Mauer haters are happy. The Mauer lovers are sad. And those in the middle........Que Será, Será

MARA!!!!! Buy your rakes now and get to work.
Post #: 13872
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/12/2019 10:39:29 AM   
twinsfan

Sweeney, did you email Phil Mackey telling him his jokes are not funny?

---------
--
Post #: 13873
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/12/2019 12:49:46 PM   
twinsfan

Say it ain't so, Lori!!!

---------------------

Hollywood actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin and a slew of chief executives are among 50 wealthy people charged in the largest college cheating scam ever prosecuted by the U.S. Department of Justice, federal officials said Tuesday.

Those indicted in the investigation, dubbed "Varsity Blues," allegedly paid bribes of up to $6 million to get their children into elite colleges, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown and the University of Southern California, federal prosecutors said.

"This case is about the widening corruption of elite college admissions through the steady application of wealth combined with fraud," Andrew Lelling, the U.S. attorney for the District of Massachusetts, said at a news conference.

---------
--
Post #: 13874
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 3/12/2019 12:54:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Shocked

Shocked, I tell ya …..
Post #: 13875
Page:   <<   < prev  553 554 [555] 556 557   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  553 554 [555] 556 557   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode