Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  744 745 [746] 747 748   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/16/2020 8:56:10 AM   
SoMnFan

Always been my gripe, Phil
I get it, he's Michael Jordan
I disliked MJ for the same reasons
Probably not as much his fault, as the way they are covered, I get it.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18626
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/16/2020 10:24:37 AM   
SoMnFan

A couple more points Ed
Supposedly DJ had no idea he was winning, even as he approached the 18th green
Great way to approach it if you can, takes the pressure right out of it
Great comments from his caddy/brother and his coaches, telling how he handles failure the same as success.
No huge mood swings.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18627
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 9:08:39 AM   
Mr. Ed

Apparently some are confused about who should wear a mask? That's apparently an excuse being given....

A lot of the effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus comes down to a seemingly simple concept: Wearing a mask.

But the issue has proven a thorny one. Health authorities have changed their guidance on who should wear masks and when to wear them. This has led to some confusion and even suspicion.

But since the coronavirus first appeared, authorities have gained a better understanding of how it spreads and how masks can help stop that spread.

Here's a look at how what we know about masks has changed, and how government officials are increasingly getting behind the idea of mandating the use of masks.

WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has long advised people to wear masks because they help prevent people who are infected — whether they know it or not — from spreading the coronavirus.

But last week, the CDC added a new reason: masks can also protect wearers who are not infected, though to a lesser degree.

The agency referred to a study led by Japanese researchers that found masks block about 60% of the amount of virus that comes out of an infected person. When an uninfected person wearing a mask is near an infected person who isn't wearing one, the amount of virus the uninfected person inhaled fell by up to 50%.

But when BOTH people are wearing masks, that produced the best result. The decline in virus particles reaching the second person was close to 70%.

So, if everyone wears a mask when social distancing is not feasible, the infection rate will be cut, experts say.

It's not a perfect solution. Hand-washing, keeping a distance and being in well-ventilated areas is important.

And here i thought it was clear everyone should try to wear one, and that was the way to go. Now I read there's confusion? SMH

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18628
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 9:38:26 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

A couple more points Ed
Supposedly DJ had no idea he was winning, even as he approached the 18th green
Great way to approach it if you can, takes the pressure right out of it
Great comments from his caddy/brother and his coaches, telling how he handles failure the same as success.
No huge mood swings.

Makes for a good story but he didn't seem too worried about horrible approach shot on 18. He knew he had comfortable lead.
Post #: 18629
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 9:41:14 AM   
Mr. Ed

Walz to close bars/restaurants/fitness centers for 4 weeks, starting Friday, per Strib

Takeout allowed from bars and restaurants.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18630
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 10:52:40 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Walz to close bars/restaurants/fitness centers for 4 weeks, starting Friday, per Strib

What's your feeling on MN high school Fall sports?

Postponed or cancelled?
Post #: 18631
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 11:25:20 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Postponed or cancelled?

They're about done

I'd guess they stop them

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18632
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:09:53 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Postponed or cancelled?

Sounds like no sections even for Football and prob volleyball (state cancelled long ago)..... the best Volleyball, Hockey, and Basketball players will play club if needed for 6 weeks.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 18633
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:12:18 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Postponed or cancelled?

Sounds like no sections even for Football and prob volleyball (state cancelled long ago)..... the best Volleyball, Hockey, and Basketball players will play club if needed for 6 weeks.

Kinda defeats the purpose when they organize sports on their own. How about taking the orders seriously?

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

-James Carville - 12/15/20 - The Beat with Ari Melber
Post #: 18634
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:13:24 PM   
SoMnFan

The goal, is to get around the bullshit, Matt
They are bigger and better and smarter than the rest

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18635
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:16:15 PM  1 votes
twinsfan

I think we should also shut down our borders. A big part of the blame for this goes to crappy leadership in ND, SD and IA. And then you get the outstate MN people that like to worship that type of government, and suddenly you have a gigantic mess.

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

Post #: 18636
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:20:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

I think we should also shut down our borders. A big part of the blame for this goes to crappy leadership in ND, SD and IA. And then you get the outstate MN people that like to worship that type of government, and suddenly you have a gigantic mess.

Carloads from here go that way every weekend... and come back and brag about how normal things are over there
its getting quieter tho
Worship ... perfect disgusting description

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18637
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:22:06 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I saw that Sherbourne, Stearns, and Benton were leading in COVID cases.....not truly outstate.

You think a hockey kid won't go to Fargo and practice for 6 weeks while he can't play in DL or Moorhead....LOL Volleyball was playing club all summer as was Basketball and the numbers didn't increase.

This has more to do with closing schools for 8 weeks and bars over Thanksgiving (some of its biggest days). Schools not the sports w/o fans is the problem.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/18/2020 3:24:02 PM >

Post #: 18638
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:28:59 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

I saw that Sherbourne, Stearns, and Benton were leading in COVID cases.....not truly outstate.

You think a hockey kid won't go to Fargo and practice for 6 weeks while he can't play in DL or Moorhead....LOL Volleyball was playing club all summer as was Basketball and the numbers didn't increase.

This has more to do with closing schools for 8 weeks and bars over Thanksgiving (some of its biggest days). Schools not the sports w/o fans is the problem.

I agree that opening school was the biggest problem. That's something Trump said over and over and over again at his MAGA rallies. OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!

Post #: 18639
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:33:32 PM   
Mr. Ed

Mayo announced Tuesday they've had over 900 positive cases in staff over the last 2 weeks

Over 90% of that they believe picked up in "community areas" like break rooms.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18640
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:35:15 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Many schools are distance learning through December. At the least.

The spread in some places isn't anywhere near related to schools.

Rochester public schools has been distance learning all year.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18641
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:37:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/29/world/europe/schools-coronavirus-europe-lockdowns.html

End of October

Euro's fighting to keep their schools open anyway

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18642
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 3:38:17 PM   
Mr. Ed

Micheal Martin, the Irish prime minister, said that while his country could no longer avoid restrictions, despite the detrimental impact on the economy, it was vital that schools remained open.

“We cannot and will not allow our children and young people’s futures to be another victim of this disease,” Mr. Martin said in a national address. “They need their education.”

Around the world, there is mounting concern that the pandemic is doing lasting harm to the academic and emotional development of an entire generation of children.

Earlier this month, the German conference of ministers of culture, who are responsible for coordinating education policy, stressed children’s right to an education, which they said is best served among peers, in classrooms. “This must take highest priority in making all decisions about restrictive measures that need to be taken,” the minister said.

In making her announcement, Ms. Merkel cited another reason that maintaining access to schools was important, pointing to the “dramatic social consequences” that closing schools and day care centers had on families during the lockdown in March and April.

“To name it clearly: Violent assaults against women and children increased dramatically,” Ms. Merkel said, justifying her government’s decision to halt sports, cultural events and close restaurants instead. “It is important to bear in mind the social consequences if we have to intervene in these issues.”

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 11/18/2020 3:39:44 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18643
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 4:11:32 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Many schools are distance learning through December. At the least.

The spread in some places isn't anywhere near related to schools.

Rochester public schools has been distance learning all year.

Outbreak here tied to daycare centers and picking up in Nursing Homes (closed areas) but I know they don't want bars/restaurants open next week....could read the tea leaves.

Post #: 18644
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 6:35:28 PM   
twinsfan

All indoor youth sports shut down. That means non-sanctioned sports shut down too. So don't go starting up some ragtag basketball games.

Post #: 18645
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/18/2020 6:56:38 PM   
twinsfan

Walz is so good. The hate he gets from the other side just reinforces how much confidence I have in him and how absurd the objectors are.

Post #: 18646
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/19/2020 9:29:05 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ND schools can resume practicing for Winter sports Nov. 30th.
Post #: 18647
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/19/2020 9:48:46 AM   
SoMnFan

So, you say you're all excited to play some golf with your little tyke this weekend, so you sign up for the tourney.
And here comes that little snob Charlie and his Dad to sign up too.
Well, there goes that fun .....

Tiger Woods still has one tournament left this year that might feel as big as any to him.

The PNC Championship announced Thursday that Woods will play with 11-year-old son Charlie in the tournament that has paired major champions with their sons since 1995, the year before the 44-year-old Woods turned pro.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be playing with Charlie in our first official tournament together," Woods said. "It's been great watching him progress as a junior golfer, and it will be incredible playing as a team together in the PNC Championship."

The PNC Championship is Dec. 19-20 at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando in central Florida.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18648
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/19/2020 10:23:01 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

So, you say you're all excited to play some golf with your little tyke this weekend, so you sign up for the tourney.

Tiger Woods still has one tournament left this year that might feel as big as any to him.

The PNC Championship announced Thursday that Woods will play with 11-year-old son Charlie in the tournament that has paired major champions with their sons since 1995, the year before the 44-year-old Woods turned pro.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be playing with Charlie in our first official tournament together," Woods said. "It's been great watching him progress as a junior golfer, and it will be incredible playing as a team together in the PNC Championship."

The PNC Championship is Dec. 19-20 at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando in central Florida.

Charlie is about to get more camera time than an 11 year old needs to.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 18649
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 11/19/2020 10:24:21 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Charlie is about to get more camera time than an 11 year old needs to.

From here to eternity

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 18650
Page:   <<   < prev  744 745 [746] 747 748   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  744 745 [746] 747 748   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode