Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 10:56:45 AM   
twinsfan

Actually two.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5676
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 1:09:48 PM   
Mr. Ed

Packers trade Brett Hundley to Seattle

Hundley did not play particularly well last season as the Packers struggled in Rodgers’ absence, and the Packers traded for former Browns quarterback DeShone Kizer this offseason. So it’s not surprising that Hundley was traded.
The Packers now have two backup quarterbacks on their roster, Kizer and Tim Boyle. Hundley joins Austin Davis and seventh-round rookie Alex McGough behind Wilson on the Seahawks’ depth chart.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5677
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 1:45:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

The lengthy contract negotiations between the Packers and Aaron Rodgers may finally be coming to fruition.
Rodgers and the Packers are expected to finalize an extension by the end of this weekend, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
The deal has been widely expected to make Rodgers the highest-paid player in NFL history. That would mean topping the five-year, $150 million contract Matt Ryan got from the Falcons this offseason.
The Packers have Rodgers under contract at very affordable salaries for the next two years, but they recognize how important Rodgers has been to the franchise, and they’re ready to pay the man.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5678
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 1:48:47 PM   
twinsfan

Teddy Bridgewater has been traded to the Saints.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5679
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 1:51:40 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Wow...no Brees after this year? Edit: Brees is on a 2 year contract.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 8/29/2018 1:52:55 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5680
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/29/2018 2:17:27 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Wow...no Brees after this year? Edit: Brees is on a 2 year contract.

Im pretty sure Teddy's only on a one year deal. He will backup Brees. Who isn't getting any younger..

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5681
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/31/2018 10:10:11 AM   
SoMnFan

Enjoyed that one last night
Yup, even with all the slugs
Liking me some Sloter to the Spicer Kid.
Iloka looks great. Fun to see him out there giving all, no matter who was playing. Tells you something about him.
Post #: 5682
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/31/2018 11:03:27 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Iloka looks great. Fun to see him out there giving all, no matter who was playing. Tells you something about him.

Cool. Didn't see a second of it, w/Volleyball.

Sloter >> Semien for me

Anyone that they need get hurt?

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5683
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/31/2018 11:45:54 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Sloter >> Semien for me

Didn't really play anyone "important" other than the kickers and Iloka.
Not understanding the Sloter/Semien arguments ... if it was a fight they would have stopped it long ago.
We've got a deep roster. Lots of physical, hungry dudes all the way down to the last guy. (except maybe the Holy Cross QB)
A bunch of our slugs should be on other rosters. Fast, big, and motivated. There's a pretty good feeling in this bunch right now.
Post #: 5684
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/31/2018 11:50:57 AM   
bstinger

If we stay healthy and the line plays well we will go a long way. A lot of talent on the squad. Cut downs will be tough. Some we want to sneak to practice squad could get sniped.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5685
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/31/2018 1:27:08 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Sloter >> Semien for me

Didn't really play anyone "important" other than the kickers and Iloka.
Not understanding the Sloter/Semien arguments ... if it was a fight they would have stopped it long ago.
We've got a deep roster. Lots of physical, hungry dudes all the way down to the last guy. (except maybe the Holy Cross QB)
A bunch of our slugs should be on other rosters. Fast, big, and motivated. There's a pretty good feeling in this bunch right now.

New OG/C Jones played a ton to learn the line calls.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5686
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/1/2018 9:30:41 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

I was listening to Paul Allen on my drive up to North Dakota last week Thursday. On his show, they were yacking up the Vikings (before the preseason game with Seattle) saying how their 15-1 Vikings record may need to be upgraded to 16-0. And they were entirely serious. They were saying, well, maybe we should put one in the loss column with both the Eagles and Patriots on our schedule. But then PA rebutted saying "no", I am going with 16-0.

What a clown. Vikings will go 10-6 at best. The O-line is suspect, as always, and will once again be the achilles heal of this over-rated team.

The Vikings have a better team this year than last. No question in my mind. Now will they go 13-3 or better probably not. That takes a lot of luck as well as being great. Will we finish better than 10-6? I have $20 saying we will. Is it a bet CPA man?

Sure. Vikings need to win Ten regular season games or less and I win the bet. Eleven wins or more and I owe you $20.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5687
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/1/2018 9:48:10 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was listening to Paul Allen on my drive up to North Dakota last week Thursday. On his show, they were yacking up the Vikings (before the preseason game with Seattle) saying how their 15-1 Vikings record may need to be upgraded to 16-0. And they were entirely serious. They were saying, well, maybe we should put one in the loss column with both the Eagles and Patriots on our schedule. But then PA rebutted saying "no", I am going with 16-0.

What a clown. Vikings will go 10-6 at best. The O-line is suspect, as always, and will once again be the achilles heal of this over-rated team.

The Vikings have a better team this year than last. No question in my mind. Now will they go 13-3 or better probably not. That takes a lot of luck as well as being great. Will we finish better than 10-6? I have $20 saying we will. Is it a bet CPA man?

Sure. Vikings need to win Ten regular season games or less and I win the bet. Eleven wins or more and I owe you $20.

What about 10-5-1?

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5688
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/2/2018 1:19:14 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Done, but as Bstinger pointed out 10-5-1 is better than 10-6. I wish you bad luck on this bet. When you say owe me you do mean pay me right?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/2/2018 1:21:55 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5689
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/2/2018 1:19:58 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

What about 10-5-1?

10-5-1 and I win, but ties virtually never happen.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5690
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/2/2018 8:02:52 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Done, but as Bstinger pointed out 10-5-1 is better than 10-6. I wish you bad luck on this bet. When you say owe me you do mean pay me right?

10-5-1 record I would win because Vikings failed to win 11 games. Eleven (11) wins is your number. Mine is anything less than 11 wins. And don't worry, I will pay my bet if I lose.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5691
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/6/2018 1:11:21 PM   
SoMnFan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Minnesota Vikings

FPI projected Super Bowl odds: 6.9 percent

Imagine going back 12 months and telling your favorite Vikings fan that they would have to wonder whether Kirk Cousins could live up to the expectations set by Case Keenum from a year ago. Here we are, though, and while Cousins should offer a much higher floor than the former Vikings third-stringer, Keenum finished 2017 with a better passer rating and Total QBR than his $84 million replacement. Cousins will have to overcome injuries along the offensive line for the second season in a row -- the Vikings already have lost guard Nick Easton and will likely be without center Pat Elflein for the opener against San Francisco.

Health is really the only thing keeping the Vikings from contention, given that they had the league's least-injured defense by adjusted games lost a year ago. The other possible weak point might be at kicker, where Kai Forbath is being replaced by rookie fifth-round pick Daniel Carlson. Otherwise, this might be the most talented roster in the league.
Post #: 5692
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/6/2018 1:26:19 PM   
MDK

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Minnesota Vikings

FPI projected Super Bowl odds: 6.9 percent

Imagine going back 12 months and telling your favorite Vikings fan that they would have to wonder whether Kirk Cousins could live up to the expectations set by Case Keenum from a year ago. Here we are, though, and while Cousins should offer a much higher floor than the former Vikings third-stringer, Keenum finished 2017 with a better passer rating and Total QBR than his $84 million replacement. Cousins will have to overcome injuries along the offensive line for the second season in a row -- the Vikings already have lost guard Nick Easton and will likely be without center Pat Elflein for the opener against San Francisco.

Health is really the only thing keeping the Vikings from contention, given that they had the league's least-injured defense by adjusted games lost a year ago. The other possible weak point might be at kicker, where Kai Forbath is being replaced by rookie fifth-round pick Daniel Carlson. Otherwise, this might be the most talented roster in the league.

Wonder how many spots they drop because it is the Vikings they are ranking?

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5693
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 8:15:06 AM   
twinsfan

How good is this?

What are the chances this guy defeats Ted Cruz? That would be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWmh-maevk

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5694
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 8:24:31 AM   
TJSweens

It would be awesome to see Televangelist Ted go down in flames. Texas is the cornerstone red state in presidential politics and the demographics are shifting.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5695
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 8:29:14 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

It would be awesome to see Televangelist Ted go down in flames. Texas is the cornerstone red state in presidential politics and the demographics are shifting.

Looks like Cruz holds a 1-2% lead in the latest polls.

Can you imagine marking a ballot in favor of Ted Cruz? How icky must you feel while in that booth?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5696
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 8:38:17 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Can you imagine marking a ballot in favor of Ted Cruz? How icky must you feel while in that booth?

The one thing I will in Donald Trump's favor is that he spared us a Ted Cruz Presidency. Sleaziest, oiliest SOB in politics.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5697
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 10:36:01 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

The one thing I will in Donald Trump's favor is that he spared us a Ted Cruz Presidency. Sleaziest, oiliest SOB in politics.

You prefer Trump who does worse in Public?

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 5698
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 10:37:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

You prefer Trump who does worse in Public?

Yep and I have laid out why in the Politics thread.

Post #: 5699
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/7/2018 10:50:51 AM   
twinsfan

Speaking of which, let's take this to the Politics thread.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode