Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/23/2018 10:05:26 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

WHOA

"Tailgaters at Jets game set Vikings fan's car on fire"

People are Frickin' crazy

Getting scary
We do the "away fans' thing for Wild games every year
Its been damn fun, but turned a little concerning this past year in Nashville.
People are becoming less tolerant and a lot more belligerent.
Its becoming "watch your back" times. Which is just what someone friendly told us in Nashville last year before we went in to the venue. They were right.
Never even had a sniff of that anywhere else. Strange times.

Thank the President. That tone is set from the top and his followers love following his lead.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6001
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/28/2018 7:18:38 PM   
bstinger

SKOL! Let's get this one!

--twinsfan
Post #: 6002
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/28/2018 7:24:19 PM   
bstinger

Tough duty with no Rhoades or Barr. D will have to play well and we might have to open up the O to outscore them.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6003
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/28/2018 10:17:08 PM   
bstinger

I hate to bad mouth our hometown hero, but that fumble changed the entire momentum of the game. Glad he got his 100 yrds, but wow that hurt. I'm still wearing his jersey.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6004
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/28/2018 10:22:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

Vikes lose

Boston wins the World Series

Great day

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6005
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 7:31:10 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

I hate to bad mouth our hometown hero, but that fumble changed the entire momentum of the game. Glad he got his 100 yrds, but wow that hurt. I'm still wearing his jersey.

A real blow to the "story".
That was painful.
Post #: 6006
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 7:36:06 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Vikes lose

Great day

One of the worst days, ever, sportswise
I must be getting older and wiser, because I slept well and was over every one of the disappointments within seconds.
GB losing painfully helped.
it felt like we simply gave NO the game, so I'm not bailing on the Vikings yet.
We were as banged up as we could get. Held Brees to historically low numbers. Played a team geeked up like ADD kids on Mt Dew, and did most of the damage to ourselves.
Cousins was not up to the task most of the night, pretty disappointing.
Diggs and Thielen are both wonderful players, but this loss is on those two as much as it is on anyone.
How they handle it and move forward is what counts.
You have to take the bad with the good. We shall see if they get that.
I keep thinking our schedule gets easier, but not sure it does. We've got some damn tough ones coming up yet. And we desperately need the bye.
Post #: 6007
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 7:37:27 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Vikes lose

Great day

I'll just say what the Red Sox fans always used to say to Yankee fans. (like 27 times)

"so, you bought yourselves a WS ring. Congrats, assholes."

Hey, they said, it ... not me.
Post #: 6008
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:01:53 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

That was painful.

Last drive of the first half and first drive of the second half were killers. Thielen fumble was a potential 14 point swing. I love the go for it mentality on 4th down, but you should really draw up a play that doesn't involve Treadwell making a clutch catch of a catchable ball.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6009
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:05:05 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

That was painful.

Last drive of the first half and first drive of the second half were killers. Thielen fumble was a potential 14 point swing. I love the go for it mentality on 4th down, but you should really draw up a play that doesn't involve Treadwell making a clutch catch of a catchable ball.

Yep, hated the 4th and 1 call and execution.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6010
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:07:16 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was painful.

The Saints defender made a great play on that ball. That wasn't Treadwell's fault.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6011
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:09:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Nobody is perfect. He blew it and that was a big contributing factor in the loss. Diggs gave up on his route on the pick 6 too. Those two plays pretty much determined the game.

They needed to do better

You can't half ass it against the better teams in the league.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6012
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:29:21 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was painful.

I'm always looking ahead ... saw the halftime score as 20-10 us right before the Thielen fumble.
Amazing how quickly the wheels came off.
Even if it had just been a fumble recovery and not the huge return (compounded by the Treadwell Duane Rudd moment) ....
Post #: 6013
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:33:24 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was painful.

The Saints defender made a great play on that ball. That wasn't Treadwell's fault.

Watch it again Scott. Treadwell got both hands on the ball and the defender didn't knock it out. He flat out didn't catch it. Catching the ball while getting hit is part of playing the position. Thielen and Diggs would have caught that ball.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6014
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 9:48:07 AM   
SoMnFan

Continually going to Treadwell in big situations makes me do this
Post #: 6015
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 10:47:07 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Yup

add to that his slam dunking the helmet.

Dude doesn't get it.

Neither do the Vikings at this point. Try someone else please.

IMO
Everson Griffen's return was a spectacular flop. 2 penalties and zero impact

And they continue to neuter Hunter by putting him on the left side when Griffen is around.

Read a story that says Cousins is a flop already. LMAO

Any hack can write that junk.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6016
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 11:01:46 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Yup

add to that his slam dunking the helmet.

Dude doesn't get it.

Neither do the Vikings at this point. Try someone else please.

IMO
Everson Griffen's return was a spectacular flop. 2 penalties and zero impact

And they continue to neuter Hunter by putting him on the left side when Griffen is around.

Read a story that says Cousins is a flop already. LMAO

Any hack can write that junk.

Cousins isn't a problem at all, with two exceptions, the propensity to fumble and the balls continuously getting batted down.

Otherwise he's been a godsend. Cousins is not a bush or flop at all.

Post #: 6017
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 11:46:13 AM   
bstinger

Most of the time he looks like he's worth what we paid him, but he does have a couple head-scratchers a game. Specifically against the Jets, where he tried to escape the pocket but was sacked on the 1/2 yard line narrowly escaping a safety. Then the backward pass to Diggs that he deliberately spiked because he was covered (good call), but it shouldn't have been backward (STOOPID).

In this game the fumble that was reversed was on odd play. Just go down.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6018
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 11:56:10 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Most of the time he looks like he's worth what we paid him, but he does have a couple head-scratchers a game. Specifically against the Jets, where he tried to escape the pocket but was sacked on the 1/2 yard line narrowly escaping a safety. Then the backward pass to Diggs that he deliberately spiked because he was covered (good call), but it shouldn't have been backward (STOOPID).

I never said he was perfect. But then Favre is an all time great who had a tendency to throw a boneheaded pick at the worse possible time. Even the greats make you scratch your head sometimes.

And that is where the Cousins/Favre comparison begins and ends.

Post #: 6019
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/29/2018 6:54:10 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I never said he was perfect. But then Favre is an all time great who had a tendency to throw a boneheaded pick at the worse possible time. Even the greats make you scratch your head sometimes.

And that is where the Cousins/Favre comparison begins and ends.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, mostly agreeing and expanding on your thoughts, giving some examples of specific bad plays. He's been great for the most part. I hope he can stop the types of things I mentioned though.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6020
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/30/2018 7:49:28 AM   
SoMnFan

8. Minnesota Vikings

Record: 4-3-1
Week 8 ranking: 6

The Vikings' inability to consistently win the turnover battle is becoming a concern. Whether it is Kirk Cousins' untimely miscues (he leads the league in fumbles and fumbles lost since becoming a starter in 2015) or the barrage of mistakes that occurred in the Vikings' loss to the Saints, Minnesota is 0-3-1 in games in which they are on the wrong side of the turnover differential. -- Courtney Cronin
Post #: 6021
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/30/2018 8:27:02 AM   
ronhextall

Cousins has no feel for the pass rush, guy hangs on to it just a tad longer than he should. Thing is, he does it every single time. I guess the upside is he is willing to take a shot to deliver the ball.

Cousins is the best QB the Vikings have had since Favre. Likely the best QB in Vikings history outside Tark and Favre. I might be wrong but I can't think of anybody else.

Watching teams like the Rams Chiefs and Patriots I wonder if Zimm is the guy. Those teams don't care about time of possession or establishing the run. They push the ball all the time and are in GO MODE.

Zimm flat out let the Philly game come down to an onside kick to decide it, that was completely unnecessary and ridiculous IMO.

every time the Vikings get a lead they sit on it. I hate running the ball on 2nd and long.

All the money spent on defense and a defensive guru as head coach. If the defense isn't top shelf what good is Zimmer? IMO he should be doing more with less on defense if he is so smart. The money needs to be invested in the Oline.
Post #: 6022
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/30/2018 9:11:15 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

8. Minnesota Vikings

Record: 4-3-1
Week 8 ranking: 6

The Vikings' inability to consistently win the turnover battle is becoming a concern. Whether it is Kirk Cousins' untimely miscues (he leads the league in fumbles and fumbles lost since becoming a starter in 2015) or the barrage of mistakes that occurred in the Vikings' loss to the Saints, Minnesota is 0-3-1 in games in which they are on the wrong side of the turnover differential. -- Courtney Cronin

The Vikings are NOT a #8 team. They simply are not. Good teams do not turn the ball over and lose games like that.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 6023
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/4/2018 4:07:35 PM   
Mr. Ed

RIP BOOM BOOM Bill Brown

80 years young

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6024
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/4/2018 5:49:42 PM   
Mr. Ed

Rams/Saints game

Gives me an appreciation for what MN did defensively last week.

And that you have to play more wide open than what Zimmer wants to do.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6025
Page:   <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  239 240 [241] 242 243   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode