Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  241 242 [243] 244 245   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:04:08 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

The Saints O-Line is legit. They stay healthy, will be tough to knock out.

several very good NFC teams

Panthers
Saints
Rams

Playoffs are going to be survival

I'm hoping the Saints are playing their best ball now.
Everyone better hope that.

We all held that same hope about Philly early last year.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6051
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:05:53 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

So many of the sacks yesterday were "coverage" related.
I know Stafford isn't great, but he does throw a great ball, with a quick release.
He wasn't purposely holding it, he truly just had nowhere open to go to with it.
When you can COVER, you can be pretty damn hard to beat.

That Hill kid has a future. Big build, can run.

Was another stroke of luck in picking him up.

Speaking of pick ups...

Am thrilled as hell that Beebe is active now. I wish Zylstra would get an opp, but Watching pre-season, Beebe is a guy that seems to have 'it' .

Yep, didn't want people to think all I do is pull for small white guys, but damn, they can play.
I loved that dude in preseason, happy as hell they gave him a shot
And I also like that Cousins is an equal-opportunity ball spreader arounder.
Still say Zylstra needs that chance now. Dude is big and capable. Could easily be the next Jordy Nelson.

And to your first point .. have been noticing the size of our DBs is evolving, and to me, that's been the difference.
You watch sidelines now, when they stand together, and our DBs are huge. Love that.

D-Backfield is >>>>> now that they play Kearse in dime, are better when Alexander blitzes vs covers and Sendejo was out again.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6052
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:07:59 AM   
Mr. Ed

SI.com Monday Morning QB

I’m not sure if the Vikings’ defense is fixed, but it seems to be trending that way—Minnesota has held each of its last four opponents under 300 total yards, and it kept the Lions out of the end zone entirely on Sunday.

When I talked to captain Harrison Smith after the 24-9 win, he at least intimated that earlier in the year, guys might have been trying to do too much. And now that’s calmed down.

“We have a lot of really good players,” Smith said. “We all want to make plays all the time. And sometimes that can hurt you. When you just get back to just saying, ‘OK this is what I gotta do, I’m gonna go do it, and I know the guy next to me is gonna do it, the guy in front of me, he’s gonna do it.’ Then everything takes care of itself. You don't have to be Superman out there.”

Smith pointed to Danielle Hunter’s 32-yard return of a Matthew Stafford fumble for a touchdown as a prime example. “That’s guys up front getting off the ball and getting pressure, and guys on the back end, linebackers covering,” Smith said. “And then once he starts scrambling, just everyone running like a madman to the ball. That's when opportunities come.

It may look like luck but there’s another play in the game where Xavier [Rhodes] strips the ball, and we got three other guys swarming to the ball. Unfortunately the ball is just out of bounds, instead of us picking it up and scoring. But we get another chance at that later because everyone is running to the ball. Good things happen when the whole team is running like your hair’s on fire.”

The Vikings were my Super Bowl champion in August, by the way. Sunday did make me feel a little better about that.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6053
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:08:10 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Danielle Hunter should be the NFC D player/week.

Guy is a beast. The move he made on one of the sacks was unreal. Complete whiff by the RT.

And the hustle. The dude got paid this offseason. Still flying around. The fumble return was 100% drive and hustle.
More players need to play that hard.

Forget just Player of the Week, he's a legit DPOTY candidate. I won't be surprised if he's the best defensive player in the game by the end of the season.

No weaknesses. He's just as great against the run, he's totally unblockable, and he's still learning how to play the position. I'm pretty sure he only developed an inside move over the past 2-3 games...

And he just turned 24 last week. He's younger than some of our players who were rookies last season...

I was thinking that yesterday as well. Hunter is so rapidly transitioning from up and coming pass rusher to elite pass rusher to Goddamn force of nature who does so much more than rush passer, it makes your head spin.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6054
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:08:19 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Panthers
Saints
Rams

And this year kind of is what we thought would happen to them at some point last year
Its all about WHEN you play your best ball.
they just never seemed THAT good last year, but to their credit, they never faultered
Post #: 6055
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:09:58 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Guy is a beast. The move he made on one of the sacks was unreal. Complete whiff by the RT.

And the hustle. The dude got paid this offseason. Still flying around. The fumble return was 100% drive and hustle.

Forget just Player of the Week, he's a legit DPOTY candidate. I won't be surprised if he's the best defensive player in the game by the end of the season.

No weaknesses. He's just as great against the run, he's totally unblockable, and he's still learning how to play the position. I'm pretty sure he only developed an inside move over the past 2-3 games...

And he just turned 24 last week. He's younger than some of our players who were rookies last season...

I was thinking that yesterday as well. Hunter is so rapidly transitioning from up and coming pass rusher to elite pass rusher to Goddamn force of nature who does so much more than rush passer, it makes your head spin.

Yep. It wasn't just the sacks

He was in on NINE tackles as a D End. Almost unheard of

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6056
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:10:05 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Panthers
Saints
Rams

And this year kind of is what we thought would happen to them at some point last year
they just never seemed THAT good last year, but to their credit, they never faultered

And if they follow Philly's script and lose their starting QB for the playoffs do we get Teddy's revenge?

Post #: 6057
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:11:33 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Panthers
Saints
Rams

And if they follow Philly's script and lose their starting QB for the playoffs do we get Teddy's revenge?

Nah, they'll put more on the BYU PUKE that the networks are falling over themselves to talk about.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6058
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:12:33 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Panthers
Saints
Rams

Was going to say ... they'll be a different team if Brees hits the skids
but then thought I better keep my mouth shut
Post #: 6059
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:12:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. It wasn't just the sacks

He was in on NINE tackles as a D End. Almost unheard of

And the TD was just a case of a monstrously talented player who refuses to give up on a play.

Post #: 6060
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 11:15:12 AM   
SoMnFan

I LOVE D players who want to score on returns.
Tells you something about them.
Post #: 6061
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/5/2018 7:19:17 PM   
Mr. Ed

Vikings/Bears has been flexed to Sunday Night Football.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6062
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 8:37:59 PM   
Mr. Ed

Vikings suck

terrible first half.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6063
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 8:42:43 PM   
TJSweens

Disoriented and disorganized. They look like a steaming pile of dog shit.

Post #: 6064
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 9:42:02 PM   
Mr. Ed

Anthony Miller , bears WR is a punk

They don't have a great offense, no matter how much sack-sucking Cris Collinsworth tries to do. Excellent defense, for sure.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6065
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 9:42:50 PM   
Mr. Ed

No one in the NFC is going to keep pace with the Saints, if N.O. stays healthy.

Not even close.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6066
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 9:45:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

And the o-line sucks-ass

and the qb played like the steaming pile of dog shit

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6067
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 9:47:31 PM   
Mr. Ed

the big L on the road.

Nice job getting them ready on a bye week

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6068
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/18/2018 10:45:49 PM   
ronhextall

If I owned the Vikings I would tell them they have one more year. NFC title game or the door.
Post #: 6069
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 6:35:06 AM   
Mr. Ed

You've seen Trubisky run around the last few weeks.

Surely they watched that.

And yet it took nearly a half to have someone be the spy.

Why? The front 4 could keep him in the pocket?

Dumb coaching.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6070
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 8:00:07 AM   
bstinger

Neither Zimmer or Flip are geniuses. They had 2 weeks game plan for this and I saw nothing that made me say wow, that was creative. The Bear's had all kinds of misdirection.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6071
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:01:11 AM   
MDK

1968. First year I followed this team. Followed them as they went to four super bowls and in each one, the great Bud Grant was completely outcoached and the team completely unprepared.

Opening drive, still don't understand the placement. Instead of first down, Twins have 3rd and short......Vikings, in their typical creative, Katie bar the door, no holds approach, take the conservative play and get stopped and have to punt the ball. Would it have killed them to do a play fake and go deep or at least 20 yards down the field for a pass?

Felt that was the play of the game and the play that sums up Zimmer's head coaching stint. He can assemble a defense but is scared sh**less of losing and so he tries to prevent loses instead of going for wins.

So sick of this organization. 50 years of following the Vikings. And what to show for it.....nothing.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6072
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:03:59 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

1968. First year I followed this team. Followed them as they went to four super bowls and in each one, the great Bud Grant was completely outcoached and the team completely unprepared.

Opening drive, still don't understand the placement. Instead of first down, Twins have 3rd and short......Vikings, in their typical creative, Katie bar the door, no holds approach, take the conservative play and get stopped and have to punt the ball. Would it have killed them to do a play fake and go deep or at least 20 yards down the field for a pass?

Felt that was the play of the game and the play that sums up Zimmer's head coaching stint. He can assemble a defense but is scared sh**less of losing and so he tries to prevent loses instead of going for wins.

So sick of this organization. 50 years of following the Vikings. And what to show for it.....nothing.

Yup. Agreed.

I noticed how Nagy went for two early and also passed on third down late in game to try and end it.

Zimmer would never ever do either.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 11/19/2018 9:16:40 AM >
Post #: 6073
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:33:26 AM   
TJSweens

Vikes, Wolves, Wild twice, Gopher hockey twice. This was the suckiest Minnesota sports weekend that has ever sucked in the history of suck.

Post #: 6074
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:35:52 AM   
MDK

quote:

Vikes, Wolves, Wild twice, Gopher hockey twice. This was the suckiest Minnesota sports weekend that has ever sucked in the history of suck.

Gopher Football.....and even Gopher wrestling.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6075
Page:   <<   < prev  241 242 [243] 244 245   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  241 242 [243] 244 245   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode