Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 10:23:53 AM   
SoMnFan

ONLY the Mn Vikings would have their entire field-goal kicking unit standing there ... waiting for the holder.
ONLY the Mn Vikings.
Tired of that type of shit.
Its no secret that I admire NE. And people ask why. Why the hell not. Because they're professional? Because they win. Because when embarrassing things happen to them, they fix them immediately.
And our HMFiC says again ... "we need to run more" That's what he saw. I give up.
Post #: 6126
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 10:26:29 AM   
SoMnFan

Being schooled is embarrassing to me.
They were running space-aged plays. We were running leather-helmet bullshit.
Post #: 6127
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 10:28:40 AM   
ronhextall

Zimmer is turning into a bowl of jello. Shaking in the corner and when you bump him to see if he is still alive he yells “defense....and run more”.

Back up the Brinks truck for McDaniels is something I would consider. Assuming he matured from his Denver days. He would only be coach. No GM input.
Post #: 6128
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 11:55:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Zimmer is turning into a bowl of jello. Shaking in the corner and when you bump him to see if he is still alive he yells “defense....and run more”.

Back up the Brinks truck for McDaniels is something I would consider. Assuming he matured from his Denver days. He would only be coach. No GM input.

Can McDaniels play Guard? Left or Right? Doesn't matter.
Post #: 6129
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 12:17:11 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Can McDaniels play Guard? Left or Right? Doesn't matter.

Not the Vikings fault the OL draft is the same weekend as the "we need kickers and anything on defense" potluck.
Post #: 6130
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 12:30:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

My favorite part was the announcing crew making fun of us again. Paraphrasing when Wile didn't make it out on time "you either punt it or kick the FG, aren't you in on both?"
Post #: 6131
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 2:26:19 PM   
SoMnFan

Call it a "run" or not ... call it a "shovel pass" or not ... or a "hand-off on a reverse" ....
Its about our timing of play calls, and the lack of creativity of our play calls. And our play call habits and our play call tendencies, and our play call ...... etc etc etc

If we DID run more, it's be STUPID run more
If we passed more, it's be STUPID pass more.
Our "PLAN" was completely out of whack yesterday. They always think they're going to outsmart people with crap like "we'll go away from what they think we will do..." and our thing always ends up costing us, with early deficits and embarrassing stretches of accomplishing nothing.
I loved Cousins for months, but if I see him one more time, drop his head and look at his shoes as he heads off, I'm gonna PUKE.
When will people in this state ever say enough is enough? We're always light-years behind, always too chickenshit to take the lead on anything. Another year, same old shit, being packaged as something new.
Post #: 6132
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 2:29:21 PM   
Jeff Jesser

We are pioneers in giving guys massive contracts they'll never live up to! So...ummmm...yeah...we have that going for us
Post #: 6133
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 3:30:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Call it a "run" or not ... call it a "shovel pass" or not ... or a "hand-off on a reverse" ....
Its about our timing of play calls, and the lack of creativity of our play calls. And our play call habits and our play call tendencies, and our play call ...... etc etc etc

Our "PLAN" was completely out of whack yesterday. They always think they're going to outsmart people with crap like "we'll go away from what they think we will do..." and our thing always ends up costing us, with early deficits and embarrassing stretches of accomplishing nothing.
I loved Cousins for months, but if I see him one more time, drop his head and look at his shoes as he heads off, I'm gonna PUKE.
When will people in this state ever say enough is enough? We're always light-years behind, always too chickenshit to take the lead on anything. Another year, same old shit, being packaged as something new.

Loved Cook's aggressiveness. Didn't understand why Murray had to come in and run the 2 yard enemas

Cook has serious speed. Swing pass with him more, get him in space.

It's not that hard. Jerry Burns did it with Chuck Foreman, Bill Walsh with Roger Craig, today it's with guys like Gurley, and when they played, Hunt and Bell.

The Vikings' creative plays are 3 different fakes and a dump off or throw away because the QB is going to get sacked.

Even the Giants get creative and have a guy like OBJ throw a td pass. Ol' Zimm would have a coronary with such trickery.

WHAT IF IT GETS INTERCEPTED?!?!?! They are an odd duck.

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 12/3/2018 3:33:18 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6134
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 3:32:50 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Loved Cook's aggressiveness. Didn't understand why Murray had to come in and run the 2 yard enemas

It's not that hard. Jerry Burns did it with Chuck Foreman, Bill Walsh with Roger Craig, today it's with guys like Gurley, and when they played, Hunt and Bell.

The Vikings' creative plays are 3 different fakes and a dump off or throw away because the QB is going to get sacked.

They are an odd duck.

Some of the plays they want to run require the Oline to block. Until they get that shit fixed, well all of our gameplans are going to look stupid.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6135
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 3:34:25 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

They are an odd duck.

Some of the plays they want to run require the Oline to block. Until they get that shit fixed, well all of our gameplans are going to look stupid.

Exactly. And I don't understand how Spielman keeps getting a free pass for such incredibly bad decisions when it comes to the offensive line.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6136
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 3:49:41 PM   
TJSweens

Spielman obviously rolled the dice that through the draft and under the radar FA signings, he could make the incremental upgrade to the Oline and have enough money to sign Cousins, do extensions and bolster the defensive line. He came up craps. Berger retired, Easton went down, Elf took a long time to return and looks weak. As a result the middle of our Oline routinely gets pushed into Cousin's lap on most pass plays. This is made worse by Flip, scheming a passing game that in no way plays to his QB's strengths. If he has Cousins rolling out, the strength of his game, it would mitigate some of the inside pass rush that is killing our passing game right now.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6137
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 5:53:00 PM  1 votes
Jeff Jesser

This is where I'm at Tim and why I'm so depressed. Never would have imagined but:

Sherm and Keenum >>>>> Flip and Cousins

Wow, that was hard to type. RS blew it again with the Line but Flip has been a complete flop. I would have a hard sit down with Zim/Flip to see what's going on. Is Flip a real flop or is Zimm holding him back? Philly's failure makes it hard to judge.
Post #: 6138
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/3/2018 7:07:53 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Sherm and Keenum >>>>> Flip and Cousins

No.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6139
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 9:32:33 AM   
twinsfan

WRITE THIS DOWN:

Doogie scoop -

Anthony Barr is playing his final games in a Vikings uniform.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6140
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 9:39:24 AM   
TJSweens

Really? So the plan is to start him tonight and then cut him and eat the dead cap money for the rest of the year? Why do I fell this strange tugging sensation on my leg?

Post #: 6141
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:02:31 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Really? So the plan is to start him tonight and then cut him and eat the dead cap money for the rest of the year? Why do I fell this strange tugging sensation on my leg?

Read it again.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6142
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:15:37 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Read it again.

Ok, so we open up the possibility that Barr will retire after the game or that there is a contract out on him and Barr will be whacked after the game. I suppose there could be a pending PED related announcement, but it seems strange that the league would sit on it until after a game. And if it is PED, Barr certainly didn't get his money's worth.

Post #: 6143
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:17:42 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Read it again.

Ok, so we open up the possibility that Barr will retire after the game or that there is a contract out on him and Barr will be whacked after the game. I suppose there could be a pending PED related announcement, but it seems strange that the league would sit on it until after a game. And if it is PED, Barr certainly didn't get his money's worth.

I think you missed an "s".

quote:

Anthony Barr is playing his final games in a Vikings uniform.
Post #: 6144
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:21:00 AM   
TJSweens

AHHHH! In that case Doogie is just doing the Captain Obvious routine. Even Todd M. doesn't believe Barr will or should be back next year.

Post #: 6145
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:21:10 AM   
twinsfan

Too early to be high or drunk, Tim!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6146
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:25:54 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Are you talking about my missing the "s" or my spot on assessment of Doogie's proclamation.

Post #: 6147
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:27:02 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Are you talking about my missing the "s" or my spot on assessment of Doogie's proclamation.

Missing the "s" twice, even after I told you to read it again!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6148
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:38:18 AM   
TJSweens

Yeah, that's not really an early drinking symptom. Being a recovering alcoholic, I would know.

Post #: 6149
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2018 10:39:44 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Yeah, that's not really an early drinking symptom. Being a recovering alcoholic, I would know.

That's why I was so surprised.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6150
Page:   <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode