Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 Page: <<   < prev  381 382 [383] 384 385   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/1/2017 10:18:47 AM   
David Levine

Not much to take from the game. Way too early thoughts:

Wiggins looked lost. He did leave his man to help on defense more than I've ever seen, but he seems lost as the 3rd option on offense.

Butler and KAT look ready to go. And it's clear Butler is the #1 option. If last night was a prelude, Thibs has rightly identified that Butler and KAT will be our alpha scorers.

Bazz hustled, but still has very little awareness.

Crawford looks toasted.

Gibson looked very good.

Not sure what to make of Teague. He can score, but looked awkward in a lot of sets. I think that will come around though. There is potential there.

Ball looks like Rubio without the defense.

Lakers fans are going to be saying a lot of "wait until next year"...

< Message edited by David Levine -- 10/1/2017 10:24:42 AM >
Post #: 9551
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/1/2017 11:07:21 AM   
kgdabom

Could somebody help me with where to find the chart about PGs height and age progression? I'm not good at searching this site for things like that.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9552
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/1/2017 11:10:00 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Not much to take from the game. Way too early thoughts:

Wiggins looked lost. He did leave his man to help on defense more than I've ever seen, but he seems lost as the 3rd option on offense.

Butler and KAT look ready to go. And it's clear Butler is the #1 option. If last night was a prelude, Thibs has rightly identified that Butler and KAT will be our alpha scorers.

Bazz hustled, but still has very little awareness.

Crawford looks toasted.

Gibson looked very good.

Not sure what to make of Teague. He can score, but looked awkward in a lot of sets. I think that will come around though. There is potential there.

Ball looks like Rubio without the defense.

Lakers fans are going to be saying a lot of "wait until next year"...

I thought KAT looked every bit as lost last night as Wiggins did. I thought Teague looked very good. Agree that Crawford looked toasted. Bazz was simply unstoppable on offense. I think Ball is going to be a very good player. Gibson played very well, but after a slow start so did Gorgui.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9553
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/1/2017 8:23:44 PM   
MarkWren

Wiggins is a liability on both ends. Still a black hole on O, crummy shot selection leading to low % and low probability of an offensive rebound. Indifferent at best on D. Man I wish we'd have moved him in the past year. Hope to God we don't hitch our wagon to this bum long-term. Low basketball IQ, also, which is strange considering his lineage.

Impressed with Teague. Butler alone should add 5-7 extra W's this year. Glad to see us hold off the young LAL even in an exhibition game. A couple of their young bigs looked amazing.
Post #: 9554
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/1/2017 8:29:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkWren

Wiggins is a liability on both ends. Still a black hole on O, crummy shot selection leading to low % and low probability of an offensive rebound. Indifferent at best on D. Man I wish we'd have moved him in the past year. Hope to God we don't hitch our wagon to this bum long-term. Low basketball IQ, also, which is strange considering his lineage.

Impressed with Teague. Butler alone should add 5-7 extra W's this year. Glad to see us hold off the young LAL even in an exhibition game. A couple of their young bigs looked amazing.

To be fair, I thought Wiggins looked as active on defense and the glass as I've ever seen him. He just wasn't good at either - but the effort was there.

Offense was a mess. He's just not nearly good enough to be a 1st option because his game is too limited. He really needs to work on moving without the ball, catch and shoot and cutting/diving to the rim at every chance.
Post #: 9555
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 7:09:40 AM   
Elliot

I'm trying to fully prepare myself for a season full of headlines like: "Lonzo inspires despite seemingly sub-par stat line" and "Ball silences critics; hits 3 shots in a row" and "Ball dominates for stretches in loss".

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 9556
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 10:20:09 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

I'm trying to fully prepare myself for a season full of headlines like: "Lonzo inspires despite seemingly sub-par stat line" and "Ball silences critics; hits 3 shots in a row" and "Ball dominates for stretches in loss".

Its going to be great watching the media slobber over Ball for the very things they'd criticize Rubio for...
Post #: 9557
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 10:47:24 AM   
Aaron Cross

Very strange Wiggins hasn't signed his contract yet. Or has he? Wiggins will probably be the most compelling story on this team. Will he accept his role? Will he improve his defense and rebounding? Will he clash with Butler? I fear things could go south with him eventually asking for a trade.
Post #: 9558
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 11:14:25 AM   
Elliot

quote:

quote:

Its going to be great watching the media slobber over Ball for the very things they'd criticize Rubio for...

Yeah. That's my point. That, plus the fact that all of the highlights were of Lonzo. You'd have thought, based upon how everything was presented, that the Lakers routed the Wolves solely because of Ball's Herculean effort. Then you see the score and learn the Lakers lost by double-digits.

~ John Lennon
Post #: 9559
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 11:17:22 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. That's my point. That, plus the fact that all of the highlights were of Lonzo. You'd have thought, based upon how everything was presented, that the Lakers routed the Wolves solely because of Ball's Herculean effort. Then you see the score and learn the Lakers lost by double-digits.

He's going to have a lot of near triple-doubles. I see a ton of 7/8/12 type of games.

He's definitely a lot more willing to take shots than Ricky, but I'm not sure he's a markedly better shooter. He's going to force a bunch of awful shots.
Post #: 9560
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 11:23:01 AM   
Elliot

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's going to have a lot of near triple-doubles. I see a ton of 7/8/12 type of games.

He's definitely a lot more willing to take shots than Ricky, but I'm not sure he's a markedly better shooter. He's going to force a bunch of awful shots.

I'm only half joking when I suggest that Magic Johnson has notified ESPN that his willingness to engage them is in direct proportion to the hype they're willing to give Lonzo.

~ John Lennon
Post #: 9561
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 5:18:48 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm only half joking when I suggest that Magic Johnson has notified ESPN that his willingness to engage them is in direct proportion to the hype they're willing to give Lonzo.

I think he is going to be a very good player.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9562
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 8:18:09 PM   
Karl Juhnke

When the new uniforms were first shown, I approved. I thought they they were simple, but fresh.

I got to say now that I've seen them in action though, I've changed my mind. There's something off about them. Season ruined.

Truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like to be challenged.
Post #: 9563
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 10:13:13 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

When the new uniforms were first shown, I approved. I thought they they were simple, but fresh.

I got to say now that I've seen them in action though, I've changed my mind. There's something off about them. Season ruined.

LOL I hope you're not serious. Uniforms/schnuiforms. I just care about how they play.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9564
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 10:35:51 PM   
Karl Juhnke

The 'season ruined' may have been a bit tongue in cheek. I don't like them though.

Truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like to be challenged.
Post #: 9565
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/2/2017 10:43:16 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I think the jerseys are fine, but the huge stripe on the bottom of the shorts is what makes them look like old fashioned swimwear.

The whole thing feels a bit half-assed. From the "new" logo to the uniform designs.
Post #: 9566
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/3/2017 9:09:41 AM   
TJSweens

It's like I said, these uniforms could bring back the two hand set shot.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9567
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/3/2017 11:16:33 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

The 'season ruined' may have been a bit tongue in cheek. I don't like them though.

I was pretty sure you were just joking. I just wanted to reply with uniforms/schuniforms.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9568
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/3/2017 11:45:52 AM   
El Duderino

quote:

I'm still waiting to see the blues and the greens in action. Maybe they can go like the Lakers and have a non-white standard home uniform.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 9569
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/3/2017 11:49:23 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

quote:

I'm still waiting to see the blues and the greens in action. Maybe they can go like the Lakers and have a non-white standard home uniform.

Not really looking forward to the 6 games with the green unis.
Post #: 9570
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/3/2017 12:19:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

quote:

Not really looking forward to the 6 games with the green unis.

I love that color. Go Wolves!!!

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9571
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/4/2017 1:08:56 PM   
David Levine

Game against the Warriors is on tonight (tomorrow morning) at 2am EST on NBA TV.

Especially glad to be living in the Pacific Time Zone today. I can handle an 11pm start.
Post #: 9572
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/4/2017 3:58:50 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aaron Cross

Very strange Wiggins hasn't signed his contract yet. Or has he? Wiggins will probably be the most compelling story on this team. Will he accept his role? Will he improve his defense and rebounding? Will he clash with Butler? I fear things could go south with him eventually asking for a trade.

Its an interesting point since he essentially becomes untradable the second its signed.

I wonder if the hold-up is on him or us?
Post #: 9573
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/4/2017 4:04:56 PM   
TJSweens

I'm guessing that as soon as he signs it, the legal wrangling with his fired agent starts in earnest.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9574
RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 - 10/4/2017 4:44:14 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I'm guessing that as soon as he signs it, the legal wrangling with his fired agent starts in earnest.

If by "legal wrangling" you mean he cuts him a giant check, then yeah.

There are very clear cut rules about this exact situation.
Post #: 9575
Page:   <<   < prev  381 382 [383] 384 385   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves talk and rumors 2014 Page: <<   < prev  381 382 [383] 384 385   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode