Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Board Bets

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Board Bets Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 7:01:57 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Board Bets are one poster making a bet against another poster, however, I have bet $100 each on the Vikings winning the division which is at +295 and the Vikings winning 10 Games which is +160. I could have bet on the Vikings winning 9 games, but that was -130.

Just checking to see if i got this right: You're concerned you might be taking a liberty with a thread that's used twice a year, but still used for bets, but because you think it's funny you adamantly believe it's ok to change someone's post?

Yes. Changing a post would be wrong if you don't make the I Fixed it for You disclaimer. When you do that it is OBVIOUSLY a joke and it can be funny.

Maybe when someone likeable does it.
Post #: 176
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 9:18:42 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

Board Bets are one poster making a bet against another poster, however, I have bet $100 each on the Vikings winning the division which is at +295 and the Vikings winning 10 Games which is +160. I could have bet on the Vikings winning 9 games, but that was -130.

Just checking to see if i got this right: You're concerned you might be taking a liberty with a thread that's used twice a year, but still used for bets, but because you think it's funny you adamantly believe it's ok to change someone's post?

Yes. Changing a post would be wrong if you don't make the I Fixed it for You disclaimer. When you do that it is OBVIOUSLY a joke and it can be funny.

Finally it comes out. What I did wasn't wrong in any way it's just that I'm the one who did it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 177
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 11:52:28 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Finally it comes out. What I did wasn't wrong in any way it's just that I'm the one who did it.

We don't agree on much, but yeah, that's the gist of it.
Post #: 178
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 12:15:35 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I get we're not talking about term papers here but personally speaking, for me, it's still all about what I said before: it is not yours to change -- and you don't respect that.

Edit: that last paragraph wasn't right

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 7/16/2023 1:46:42 PM >
Post #: 179
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 2:30:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right out of a Far Side comic:

Again missing the big picture, kgb is ecstatic after receiving validation he was 'right'.
Post #: 180
RE: Board Bets - 7/16/2023 4:51:11 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I get we're not talking about term papers here but personally speaking, for me, it's still all about what I said before: it is not yours to change -- and you don't respect that.

Edit: that last paragraph wasn't right

Once again it's obviously a joke with no ill will intended. I'm not the first person to do it and I won't be the last.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 181
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Board Bets Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode