Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/25/2018 12:21:14 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Banham! coughcough

I bet if Reeve had it to do over again she'd cut Whalen instead of Banham. That's the problem with blind loyalty.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3426
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/25/2018 12:22:57 PM   
SoMnFan

That would have been Gopher on Gopher crime
Not allowed
Post #: 3427
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/26/2018 3:20:27 PM   
David Levine

Great stuff here:

The most Minnesota thing in the history of Minnesota is Lindsay Whalen crossing the Mississippi River beneath the landmark GRAIN BELT beer sign that greets drivers on the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, and saying, in a flat-voweled Minnesota accent that rhymes roof with hoof, “Maybe I’ll have a Grain Belt tonight.” It’s her 36th birthday, and she’s wearing her Golden Gophers jacket.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/07/26/lindsay-whalen-minnesota-golden-gophers-coach-lynx-wnba
Post #: 3428
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/26/2018 3:29:03 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Banham! coughcough

I bet if Reeve had it to do over again she'd cut Whalen instead of Banham. That's the problem with blind loyalty.

She never had Banham to cut her.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3429
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/26/2018 3:33:36 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Banham! coughcough

Wagner?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3430
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/26/2018 3:38:36 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Banham! coughcough

Wagner?

If only Carlie Wagner had been unemployed for the past 2 months (until signing with Spain 2 days ago), we totally could've added her to the roster...
Post #: 3431
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 9:45:15 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Great stuff here:

The most Minnesota thing in the history of Minnesota is Lindsay Whalen crossing the Mississippi River beneath the landmark GRAIN BELT beer sign that greets drivers on the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, and saying, in a flat-voweled Minnesota accent that rhymes roof with hoof, “Maybe I’ll have a Grain Belt tonight.” It’s her 36th birthday, and she’s wearing her Golden Gophers jacket.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/07/26/lindsay-whalen-minnesota-golden-gophers-coach-lynx-wnba

Lovvvvve it
Post #: 3432
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 10:11:10 AM   
TJSweens

My favorite part

Greve was on the golf team when he met Whalen in college, and he is now the two-time defending champion of the Minnesota Open. Two Septembers ago Greve was playing at Minneapolis Golf Club with a former Gophers teammate when Whalen—who hadn’t swung a club all summer—joined them. On the 322-yard, par-4 14th, she drove the green and buried a 20-foot eagle putt. (“Walking it in,” Greve says with a sigh.) On the next hole, a par-5, Whalen reached in two and two-putted for birdie. “You guys do this every weekend?” she said to her husband and his buddy. “It’s not that hard.”

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3433
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 10:16:31 AM   
SoMnFan

that is an awesome story
Love that type of athlete
She's been underestimated all her life, which isn't easy when you carry yourself like she does.
But people have always done it. And then she just proceeds to tear them a new one.
Even now, at the end of her prime, she will absolutely maul some young athletic 22 year old who looks at her with disgust.
Post #: 3434
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 10:26:43 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

My favorite part

Greve was on the golf team when he met Whalen in college, and he is now the two-time defending champion of the Minnesota Open. Two Septembers ago Greve was playing at Minneapolis Golf Club with a former Gophers teammate when Whalen—who hadn’t swung a club all summer—joined them. On the 322-yard, par-4 14th, she drove the green and buried a 20-foot eagle putt. (“Walking it in,” Greve says with a sigh.) On the next hole, a par-5, Whalen reached in two and two-putted for birdie. “You guys do this every weekend?” she said to her husband and his buddy. “It’s not that hard.”

He used to play baseball for the Oakland A's too, right?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3435
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 10:36:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

My favorite part

He used to play baseball for the Oakland A's too, right?

Until she homered off him four times during a BP session
Post #: 3436
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 10:54:28 AM   
David Levine

quote:

that is an awesome story
Love that type of athlete
She's been underestimated all her life, which isn't easy when you carry yourself like she does.
But people have always done it. And then she just proceeds to tear them a new one.
Even now, at the end of her prime, she will absolutely maul some young athletic 22 year old who looks at her with disgust.

I've said for years that she absolutely is on the "Mount Rushmore of Minnesota Athletes".

Hell, she might be the "Washington".
Post #: 3437
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 11:36:09 AM  1 votes
Minnyme

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Banham! coughcough

Wagner?

If only Carlie Wagner had been unemployed for the past 2 months (until signing with Spain 2 days ago), we totally could've added her to the roster...

No, no we wouldn't have. Wagner isn't a Pro PG. Hopefully her game will develop overseas and she'll get another shot in the W.

< Message edited by Minnyme -- 7/27/2018 11:40:10 AM >
Post #: 3438
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 11:53:32 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Minnyme

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Banham! coughcough

Wagner?

No, no we wouldn't have. Wagner isn't a Pro PG. Hopefully her game will develop overseas and she'll get another shot in the W.

I didn't realize I had to be even more sarcastic in my post...
Post #: 3439
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:09:54 PM   
Minnyme

WNBA All-Star on July 28 at Target Center TV - ABC (Ch5 local) at 2:30 p.m. CT. SiriusXM NBA Radio will broadcast the game with MN Lynx radio crew.

No East vs. West, like NBA they had captains pick teams last week. Team Parker vs Team DelleDonne. Starteres will be announced on TV, ESPN2 tonight on a show to air @8pm ?

Team Elena Delle Donne:

Coached by Seattle head coach Dan Hughes

Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx),
Sue Bird (Seattle Storm),
DeWanna Bonner (Phoenix Mercury)
Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota)
Brittney Griner (Phoenix),
Kayla McBride (Las Vegas Aces)
Breanna Stewart (Seattle)
Diana Taurasi (Phoenix),
Kristi Toliver (Washington)
A’ja Wilson (Las Vegas).

Team Candace Parker:

Coached by Phoenix head coach Sandy Brondello

* Rebekkah Brunson (Minnesota) - Replaced injured Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles)*
Liz Cambage (Dallas Wings)
Tina Charles (New York Liberty)
Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas)
Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles)
Jewell Loyd (Seattle),
Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta Dream)
Maya Moore (Minnesota)
Chiney Ogwumike (Connecticut Sun)
Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles)*
Allie Quigley (Chicago Sky).
Post #: 3440
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:24:54 PM   
twinsfan

It's nice to have Minnyme back.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3441
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:25:34 PM   
twinsfan

Minnyme, do you think Reeve wishes she had cut Whalen and replaced her on the roster with Banham?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3442
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:26:57 PM   
twinsfan

Hey! They tricked me! We DID draft Wagner.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3443
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:37:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Minnyme, do you think Reeve wishes she had cut Whalen and replaced her on the roster with Banham?

Again, how would that work?
Post #: 3444
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:39:56 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Trade

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3445
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 12:44:53 PM   
twinsfan

Now go back to trying to trick me.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3446
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/27/2018 9:36:57 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trade

No I don't. Yes, Whay is looooong past her prime but neither Wagner or Banham are pro PGs at this point in time.

I do think this is Lindsay's last season. She's left her mark on the W, been to the finals 8X, 4 Titles, 3rd on the All Time assist list, won more games then any player in history of the game (Brunson it about to become #2 on that list) I hate to see her go but for me, even if some think she's stayed a little too long, she's earned the right to go out any way she chooses.

I just don't see her having the time or desire to get into the shape she'd need to be in to hang more then 5 mins with the new quard. She has new challenges to tackle, getting the Gopher program on the right track should fill that competitive edge for her. In a different way of course.
Post #: 3447
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2018 7:43:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Minnyme

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trade

No I don't. Yes, Whay is looooong past her prime but neither Wagner or Banham are pro PGs at this point in time.

I do think this is Lindsay's last season. She's left her mark on the W, been to the finals 8X, 4 Titles, 3rd on the All Time assist list, won more games then any player in history of the game (Brunson it about to become #2 on that list) I hate to see her go but for me, even if some think she's stayed a little too long, she's earned the right to go out any way she chooses.

I just don't see her having the time or desire to get into the shape she'd need to be in to hang more then 5 mins with the new quard. She has new challenges to tackle, getting the Gopher program on the right track should fill that competitive edge for her. In a different way of course.

To be honest Whalen hung in there way longer than I expected her to. I'm lookfing forward to seeing her have great success coaching the Gophers.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3448
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/3/2018 11:14:36 AM   
David Levine

I’m a WNBA player. Men won’t stop challenging me to play one-on-one.
By Devereaux Peters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/im-a-wnba-player-men-wont-stop-challenging-me-to-play-one-on-one/2018/08/02/2deabeb2-8f6b-11e8-bcd5-9d911c784c38_story.html?utm_term=.a6a54c491cab
Post #: 3449
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/3/2018 12:12:49 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

I’m a WNBA player. Men won’t stop challenging me to play one-on-one.
By Devereaux Peters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/im-a-wnba-player-men-wont-stop-challenging-me-to-play-one-on-one/2018/08/02/2deabeb2-8f6b-11e8-bcd5-9d911c784c38_story.html?utm_term=.a6a54c491cab

You go, girl!!

I’m not going to play you one-on-one. I’m never going to play you one-on-one. I have been playing basketball my entire life, and for just as long I have been challenged by men who think they are better than me. I had to prove my skill in middle school against the boys who thought girls don’t play basketball. I had to prove my skill in high school when the guys’ egos were hurt because the girls basketball team was more successful and more popular than theirs. I had to prove it in college when grown men started challenging me to one-on-one games because there was no way this college woman was better than they were. Time and time again, I have trounced men — far too many to count. Now I have nothing to prove.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3450
Page:   <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode