Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  142 143 [144] 145 146   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/5/2019 4:48:16 PM   
twinsfan

Cheryl Reeve taking Mike Max back behind the woodshed.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3576
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/5/2019 4:50:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

I'm sure its well deserved.
Post #: 3577
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/5/2019 5:07:11 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Why do you say that?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3578
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/5/2019 5:14:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why do you say that?

Because Mike Max is the worst.
Post #: 3579
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/5/2019 5:30:12 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I wonder what Maya's contract status will be? She'll be:

A: Sitting out a year while not under contract.
B: Coming back to a (likely) new CBA.

Its entirely possible she'll be free to sign wherever she wants.

Ignore this...

Moore’s very public announcement comes on the heels of her signing a multiyear deal with the Lynx, the team she joined as the first overall pick in the 2011 draft. And if these two events appear contradictory at first, they are not.

http://www.startribune.com/maya-moore-announces-she-s-sitting-out-2019-wnba-season/505372952/
Post #: 3580
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 12:09:43 PM   
ronhextall

What did Maxx say?
Post #: 3581
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 12:17:04 PM   
TJSweens

Maxx fueled speculation of a rift between Maya and the Lynx because she was mad that the Lynx put the core player designation on her. Turned out to be untrue. Not to mention, he hit on David Levine's mom.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3582
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 12:50:56 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Maxx fueled speculation of a rift between Maya and the Lynx because she was mad that the Lynx put the core player designation on her. Turned out to be untrue. Not to mention, he hit on David Levine's mom.

Jurys still out on which was a worse offense ...
Post #: 3583
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 12:53:35 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Jurys still out on which was a worse offense ...

I'd bet the house my mom was nicer to him than Reeve...
Post #: 3584
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 12:55:08 PM   
SoMnFan

we may have found a soft spot in DL's game ......
Post #: 3585
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 1:01:29 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

we may have found a soft spot in DL's game ......

Nah. Just pointing out that Reeve is actually kind of scary. She'll go off on anyone at any perceived slight.
Post #: 3586
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 1:03:07 PM   
SoMnFan

I was just trying to have some fun.
First time, really.
Enough of that.
Post #: 3587
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 1:28:16 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

Big deal.

This type of public speculation is what makes the NFL, NBA, and MLB all year sports.

WNBA should be happy somebody talks about it. Ever.
Post #: 3588
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 4:04:07 PM   
twinsfan

@kristilpeterson
22h22 hours ago
More
Replying to @hrustar @LynxCoachReeve @minnesotalynx
When mike max was named sports director, I stopped watching WCCO. I turn off radio when he is on too. He is an arrogant man disrespectful to women’s sports. I support Coach Reeve & her disappointment with Mike. He should apologize to Maya, Cheryl, team, glen taylor and all fans!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3589
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 4:04:34 PM   
twinsfan

@kristilpeterson
22h22 hours ago
More
Maybe Maxie needs God in his life. I admire Maya & her desire to follow her calling. God gifted her the ability to be an amazing basketball player & human being. praise God for blessing Minnesota with her talents. She made everyone around her a better person, on & off the court.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3590
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 2/6/2019 4:07:08 PM   
twinsfan

Cheryl Reeve

Verified account

@LynxCoachReeve
23h23 hours ago
More
Replying to @Ryanman777 @DanBarreiroKFAN @SeifertESPN
Have no idea what you’re talking about. Answered all of Dan’s questions. He veered off the Maya topic onto Mike Max. I happen to disagree with him. Really not relevant to fans...the Maya part was.

3 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 3 Retweet Like 1 Direct message

mngolfguy

@Ryanman777
23h23 hours ago
More
And I am a big fan of yours and org so just just simply letting you know my opinion of the slight disappointment that’s all

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message

Cheryl Reeve

Verified account

@LynxCoachReeve
23h23 hours ago
More
Appreciate your thoughts. If maya has thoughtfully written her intentions, why would someone ask if there was a problem with a relationship? #fishing

1 reply 0 retweets 3 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 3 Direct message

Vikeologist™

@Vikeologist
22h22 hours ago
More
I lost a lot of respect for Cheryl Reeve, not that she cares what I think, but the way she attacked Dan for simply asking questions. He wasn't fishing or implying anything. He just simply asked if there was anything else going on. She came across very arrogant in that interview

3 replies 1 retweet 9 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 1 Like 9 Direct message

mngolfguy

@Ryanman777
22h22 hours ago
More
I’ve listened to dan for 5 years almost everyday I can at my office/car ride home and he’s a true pro and to get accused of fishing by her was not a good move for someone trying to bring more Awareness and attention the lynx is my point could of been handled differently

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3591
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 8:59:02 AM   
TJSweens

Tonight is the WNBA draft. The Lynx hold picks #6, 16, 18, 20 and 30. They could take advantage of having 3 second rounders to move up, but according to Reeve, nobody wants to make a deal with the Lynx. Since they suddenly have a lot of roster spots to fill, they may want to hang on to the second rounders anyway.

There don't appear to be any franchise players this year, but there are supposed to be several players who could step in and have an immediate impact.

The mock sites are all pretty lock step with the top 5. The Lynx pick at #6 is divided between

Arike Ogunbowale, Notre Dame, 5-8 guard
2019 stats: 21.7 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 3.8 APG

Napheesa Collier, UConn, 6-2 forward
2019 stats: 20.8 PPG, 10.8 RPG, 3.5 APG

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3592
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 9:07:01 AM   
SoMnFan

Damn …. two pretty good gets
Post #: 3593
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 9:31:26 AM   
TJSweens

Assuming their games transition to the pro level. This is a really important draft for the Lynx. It's the highest they have picked in a long time and they are desperately in need of an infusion of young talent.

Post #: 3594
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 11:02:09 AM   
SoMnFan

Yes, assuming that
Good college player sis all I'm saying
I was surprised they'd still be available
The womens college game is getting deeper all the time
Post #: 3595
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 11:22:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Tonight is the WNBA draft. The Lynx hold picks #6, 16, 18, 20 and 30. They could take advantage of having 3 second rounders to move up, but according to Reeve, nobody wants to make a deal with the Lynx. Since they suddenly have a lot of roster spots to fill, they may want to hang on to the second rounders anyway.

There don't appear to be any franchise players this year, but there are supposed to be several players who could step in and have an immediate impact.

The mock sites are all pretty lock step with the top 5. The Lynx pick at #6 is divided between

It'll probably be Collier because Ogunbowale is too good of a 3pt shooter for Reeve...
Post #: 3596
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 11:46:29 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

It'll probably be Collier because Ogunbowale is too good of a 3pt shooter for Reeve...

I hope your wrong. Fivethirtyeight.com makes a pretty compelling case for Ogunbowale.

We’ll start with Notre Dame. Arike Ogunbowale is best known for her dual buzzer-beater shots last season, and UConn head coach Geno Auriemma, whose team was victimized by one of them, called her “virtually unguardable one-on-one” this past weekend.

Ogunbowale will transition well into the WNBA “because she can play the same type of position she’s playing now,” McGraw said of her senior guard. “I think she’s ready. I think her body is ready. … I think she’s ready right now for the next level.”

The numbers back McGraw and Auriemma up. Just four players have logged 800 offensive possessions this year, according to Synergy Sports Technology. Ogunbowale is not only one of them, a tribute to Notre Dame’s reliance on her, but she also easily leads that group. She does so in a variety of ways, shooting 44.6 percent from the field and 35.9 percent on threes, with a turnover rate below 10 percent for the third straight season despite all her ball dominance.

At 5-foot-8, Ogunbowale will also be asked to play some point guard by most potential teams at the next level, so her elevated assist rate — 19.0 percent, an improvement from 13.6 percent in 2017-18 — only bolsters her WNBA case further.

Post #: 3597
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 11:47:42 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope your wrong. Fivethirtyeight.com makes a pretty compelling case for Ogunbowale.

We’ll start with Notre Dame. Arike Ogunbowale is best known for her dual buzzer-beater shots last season, and UConn head coach Geno Auriemma, whose team was victimized by one of them, called her “virtually unguardable one-on-one” this past weekend.

Ogunbowale will transition well into the WNBA “because she can play the same type of position she’s playing now,” McGraw said of her senior guard. “I think she’s ready. I think her body is ready. … I think she’s ready right now for the next level.”

The numbers back McGraw and Auriemma up. Just four players have logged 800 offensive possessions this year, according to Synergy Sports Technology. Ogunbowale is not only one of them, a tribute to Notre Dame’s reliance on her, but she also easily leads that group. She does so in a variety of ways, shooting 44.6 percent from the field and 35.9 percent on threes, with a turnover rate below 10 percent for the third straight season despite all her ball dominance.

At 5-foot-8, Ogunbowale will also be asked to play some point guard by most potential teams at the next level, so her elevated assist rate — 19.0 percent, an improvement from 13.6 percent in 2017-18 — only bolsters her WNBA case further.

I'd be thrilled with Ogunbowale.

I'm just concerned that Reeve has spent the last few offseasons trying to put as few good shooters around Fowles as humanly possible.
Post #: 3598
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 11:50:16 AM   
TJSweens

You would think the opportunity to add a dynamic point guard after Lindsay retiring would be appealing to Reeve. The problem is that she does not seem to emphasize shooting when adding personnel.

Post #: 3599
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 4/10/2019 6:45:53 PM   
David Levine

With the sixth overall pick in the WNBA draft, the Lynx have selected Napheesa Collier from the University of Connecticut. Collier is a power forward with a strong inside game who averaged 20 and 11 this season and was a first team All-American.

Collier was expected to go earlier in the draft, but there were a couple of surprises earlier, particularly Collier’s college teammate Katie Lou Samuelson going fourth, which reveals how much the WNBA now values shooting.

Collier is a tremendous prospect and it’s a surprise that she was available here. But one thing it doesn’t help is their three point shooting. She isn’t a distance shooter. She does just about everything else very well however, and should be ready to help just about right away.

We’ll have more soon....

https://www.canishoopus.com/2019/4/10/18305405/lynx-select-napheesa-collier-wnba-draft
Post #: 3600
Page:   <<   < prev  142 143 [144] 145 146   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  142 143 [144] 145 146   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode