Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Goal Line Blitz Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE: Goal Line Blitz Football Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/18/2008 9:05:05 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Im wondering if I shouldnt buy some flex points to boost my player's attributes.  Seems to me the better players are the ones folks actually pay for.

Depends if you're patient or not. The players will get there, you just have to wait longer. I saw one guy bought 8 lineman at lvl1 so he has more games, etc.
Post #: 126
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/18/2008 1:41:37 PM   
Mark Duda

I boosted three out of my four guys. Now my CB is level 8 and got a contract offer. >>>

Yearly Salary:$56000 ($1400/day) Signing Bonus:$7000 Contract Length:2yr No Trade Clause:Trades Disallowed

SO... I wanna hopefully play with you guys on the talkvikes team.. so I will probably reject this offer (2 years, no trade clause ) Is that the thing to do? And also.. what exactly is the good of having money? As far as I can see, the only thing to spend money on is equipment... and I'm cool with my equipment I have already. Am I missing something, or is money pretty much useless?

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. "
Post #: 127
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/18/2008 1:55:18 PM   
Duane Sampson

If you have enough stamina between games you can train on intense and that takes more money. But, my opinion is that money is overated. I'd personally never sign a contract over one year.

As far as our team is concerned, we'll be lucky to get one from the looks of things. And even then, we can trade for our friends.

If we do land a team, we can grab up a few of our own players and then build new ones for backups. I don't think it's a good idea for owners and GMs to have too many of their own players anyway. Free agents will look at it like they'll never play and that would kill your flexibility.
Post #: 128
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/18/2008 3:06:49 PM   
Mark Duda

I have to build up my stamina on my CB before I can think about practicing on anything but relaxed. As it is right now, he barely makes it back to the upper 90's on the energy bar with the 2 (relaxed) training sessions in between games.

I think we should be able to land a team. Maybe not the U.S. league, but who cares?

Post #: 129
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/18/2008 3:21:25 PM   
Duane Sampson

They're talking about doing a waiting list soon. That will be better than hunting for a team!

Pump up that stamina!
Post #: 130
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 7:33:25 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Don't train on intense, it's just not worth it.  Money is for training and equipment and you can upgrade your equipment at levels 8, 16, 24, etc and it get's very expensive.  I just did a level 16 upgrade and it cost $12,500 per piece.

Also, they are going to add stuff you can buy (bling) with money that will add things like morale or confidence so money is as worthless as you may think.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 131
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 12:12:38 PM   
Ian Joseph

I am gonna end up significantly upgrading my guy via purchasing flex points.  I can already see it.  But anything to get Jack Sparrow his franchise running back.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 132
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 1:13:59 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Hopefully we get a team early in season 3.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 133
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 2:37:09 PM   
Mark Duda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Hopefully we get a team early in season 3.

Sounds great. By that time we should be leveled up pretty good. Any of you guys on the waiting list for teams? Or is there even such a thing? I'm gonna try and get my guys signed to human teams (1 year deals). I'm guessing it's probably best to find a crappy team with lower level players to get more snaps for my guys, right?

Post #: 134
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 2:53:11 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Yeah, the more snaps the better.  They are going to add a waiting list soon and once they do Sammy is going to get on it, I might to take advantage of my earlier creation date if need be.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 135
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 4:43:40 PM   
Steve Archer

I got my linebacker up to level 5 and I'm starting to get more snaps.
Post #: 136
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 4:48:53 PM   
Mark Duda

Got all my guys (except my lvl 2 OT) signed to human teams. Wow.. that was way quicker/easier than I thought it would be. I had 4 offers for my CB within minutes of posting on the forum. This game must be even more popular than I thought.

One question Toby... My CB went to team that's headed for the playoffs. Does this mean he will get extra games to gain XPs that a player not on a playoff team wouldn't get?

Post #: 137
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/19/2008 9:51:56 PM   
Ian Joseph

Maddox will be a free agent 10 days or so into Season 3. 

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 138
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 1:33:24 AM   
Mark Duda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Maddox will be a free agent 10 days or so into Season 3. 

That's actually one aspect of this game that I think really sucks... contracts ending in the middle of a season? They definitely have got to change the contract structure to make it SEASONS, not YEARS. If I'm understanding this correctly, the way it is now, I'm going to be a free agent with four games to go next season. I will have to either re-sign with the same team or sign with another team and be in the same boat for the following season... or get traded to the team I want... or sit out for the last four games and lose out on XPs. None of those options sound good to me.

Post #: 139
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 7:14:26 AM   
Duane Sampson

I don't like the years contract vs seasons either. I don't see a way around that unless they let the owners pro-rate contracts. Can you imagine the headache of trying to resign your whole team?  

That is, most players want one year deals.
Post #: 140
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 7:43:02 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Duda

Got all my guys (except my lvl 2 OT) signed to human teams. Wow.. that was way quicker/easier than I thought it would be. I had 4 offers for my CB within minutes of posting on the forum. This game must be even more popular than I thought.

One question Toby... My CB went to team that's headed for the playoffs. Does this mean he will get extra games to gain XPs that a player not on a playoff team wouldn't get?

You don't get XP in playoff games because of a bunch of whiny babies but you still get XP from training.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 141
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 7:44:22 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Yeah, the contract length thing is weird isn't it.  Maybe they will fix that someday.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 142
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 7:55:28 AM   
Duane Sampson

I have most of my guys signed to human teams now.

I got on one team that only has 7 human players - GUTTED!

I think we lost 93-0 and my dude is at 60 stamina!
Post #: 143
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 7:55:44 AM   
Duane Sampson

Oh, and chemistry 23
Post #: 144
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 8:00:33 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Oh my, that's not good.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 145
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 9:42:39 AM   
Duane Sampson

Brand new owner, the mods were even trying to give the guy pointers and they were going to quick-load him CPU guys. Apparently the other guy was a jerk-off and kind of destroyed the team.

I've always said it's better to be the worst guy on the best team than the best guy on the worst team.
Post #: 146
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 1:31:21 PM   
Mark Duda

Apparently the waiting list for buying a team goes into effect tonight. The question is, do we let Toby take advantage of his earlier creation date, or should we all put in for a team in a different region? If we did it that way, as soon as someone got a team for us, I would like to know asap because I would rather have my 1000 flex points to upgrade my players rather than own a team. Also Toby... do you know if you activate a team as soon as you get one, or are you able to let it sit idle until you are ready to start working with that team?

quote:

UPDATE: Everything's set up and ready to go, so I plan to upload this tomorrow night (May 20th) at around 8pm PST after the last sims are done.

- We will remove the current version of the "buy team" page from the Flex Points section.

- We will add an "I want a team" waiting list.

- It costs 1000 FP to hold your spot on the list.

- The list is ordered by account creation date, up to 30 days back. If two accounts are at least 30 days old, it's ordered by the day you add yourself to the list.

- You cannot get on the list if you already have a team.

- If you've sold a team, you can only add yourself to the end of the list (account create date doesn't matter anymore)

- If you go inactive for 3 days, you will be skipped over if a team comes up for sale.

- You can pull yourself off of the list if you want, and receive your 1000 FP back.

- When you click to be added to the list, you choose the top 3 regions you want to be in. The options also include "any region," or "none" for the second two (in case you only want one region).

- Whenever somebody sells a team, the first person on the list with that team's region as one of their options will get the team automatically at the end of the day.

- When we add new teams for this off-season, they will be added as CPU-only leagues. We will then release them to new owners over time, throughout the season, following the same rules as above. This will allow the teams to have a full 16-game schedule, but also allow us to control the team market a little better.

- When a team is given to you, its chemistry is automatically reset to 70/70/70.

- All teams will have to maintain a minimum roster of 40 players. You will not be able to cut players to get under that number. If, for whatever reason, you have under 40 players at the end of the day (expiring contracts, etc), random CPUs will be added to the team. This helps new owners to be ensured a team with enough players on it, and helps out with inactive teams as well.

- You will no longer be able to sell teams to other players via admin intervention for 1000 FP. The only way to sell a team will be to sell it back to the game. This helps us to avoid the "black market" aspect that we don't really like, and keeps it fair for all prospective owners. It will also encourage some responsibility with your team, since you can't get 100% of your purchase price back.

- The only exception to the resale is for inactive owners. We will still give an active GM the option of taking over the team, to encourage continuity on the team. If they don't want it, though, it goes to the top person on the wait list.

- We are discussing increasing the initial purchase price of teams by a little bit for next season, to help encourage responsible ownership. We'll let you know ahead of time if we decide to do that, and how much it will be.

We talked about the lottery idea, but we really want to reward the players who have been playing and waiting for a while, have learned a lot about the game, and have stuck around even though they don't have a team yet. They will probably make better owners than somebody who signed up yesterday, too.

Questions, concerns? Let us know.

Post #: 147
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 3:00:16 PM   
Duane Sampson

They're not making any new teams until this season ends anyway so you probably wouldn't get one until later.
Post #: 148
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 4:44:43 PM   
Toby Stumbo

You will get teams that are sold back though so there is a chance of getting one this season.  You can see where you are on the list so we can wait and see where Sammy stacks up before I enter the list.

Mark, you will get full control of the team as soon as it's sold to you so no idle time.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 149
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/20/2008 11:06:00 PM   
Mark Duda

Just to let you know, Sammy... the waiting list is up and ready. Flex Points>> Buy A Team>>Put Me On The List. Make it so.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE: Goal Line Blitz Football Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode