Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Goal Line Blitz Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE: Goal Line Blitz Football Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 6:19:54 AM   
Duane Sampson

Maybe we need to get a GM gig on a new team and get together there.
Post #: 176
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 7:50:32 AM   
Mark Duda

Kind of off-topic, but people were talking about techmo bowl on one of the boards over at GLB and one of the mods posted this 'for all you Viking fans' :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wfYAGosi4&NR=1

Eh Sammy, we just need to be a little patient. I think most of our players are tied up till the middle or end of next season anyways...

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. "
Post #: 177
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 8:19:56 AM   
Duane Sampson

Very true, Mark.

It would be fun wheeling and dealing to sign everyone away from their teams though.
Post #: 178
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 8:22:35 AM   
Duane Sampson

Some of those owners only look at player level. There are some high level players with shit builds. Your level doesn't matter if you don't put the points in the right attributes.
Post #: 179
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 9:02:28 AM   
Steve Archer

I accepted an offer from a human team, with 1 game left on my CPU team. My player page says that I'm now on the new team.  They have one game left this season.  When do I start playing for the new team? Now or next season?  This is a team with a new owner.

Thanks
Post #: 180
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 9:20:24 AM   
Toby Stumbo

I have it set up for one of the new teams they are going to add so we can start with a clean slate and have even competition.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 181
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 9:23:41 AM   
Duane Sampson

Check out this teams website. I have a receiver on this one. Very kewl....

http://garutfightingrams.webs.com/
Post #: 182
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 9:26:02 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Archer

I accepted an offer from a human team, with 1 game left on my CPU team. My player page says that I'm now on the new team.  They have one game left this season.  When do I start playing for the new team? Now or next season?  This is a team with a new owner.

Thanks

You'll play their last game as long as they add you to their depth chart.
Post #: 183
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 9:32:15 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

I have it set up for one of the new teams they are going to add so we can start with a clean slate and have even competition.

Good. Trade for my QB that got 2 plays the last two games after starting 4 times.

They signed a player 3 levels higher and bumped my pt. Total shit build on the new guy. He went 8-29 and 3 picks out of the chute.

My guy had 4 TDs in the last two starts but that "level" thing is what the owner sees.
Post #: 184
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 11:33:42 AM   
Toby Stumbo

I'm on a team with some forum buddies and we have a site too, it's got some funny rumor stuff on it. 

http://www.freewebs.com/nflfanatixdigest/

GO VIKES!
Post #: 185
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 11:45:40 AM   
Duane Sampson

That's a good one too.  
Post #: 186
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 4:26:08 PM   
Mark Duda

Yeah, I've seen a TON of really crappy crappy builds on some of these high level players. It's kind of expected though, given the fact that most of these high level guys were around before people started figuring what skills work for what positions and whatnot.

My guys are all coming around nicely. I've got a LVL7 WR that will be at 70+ speed (without suffering too much in other skills) by LVL 12 or 13. I got a ball-hawking LVL10 CB that is way above speed average for his level. And my DE is a beast-in-the-making. A few others that are becoming pretty good too. Gonna be cool once we get this team together. Not expecting all my guys to play for the talkvikes team, but I want a good crop of players to be able to pick from as far as team needs and wants.  I hope we get an African league team

< Message edited by Mark Duda -- 5/26/2008 4:28:06 PM >

Post #: 187
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/26/2008 4:36:15 PM   
Duane Sampson

I have a WR at 55 speed that's doing great. 5 TDs in the last 3 games.

With your speed guy, train vision and especially agility and you'll get PT as a returner as well.

Catching skill is kind of over rated early on, IMO for speed guys. Three of my receivers were built speed first and they do fine. I focused on catching with my first guy. He's got a ton but my speedsters kick his ass in stats. But... I think the catching skills are big at higher levels 'cause everybody's fast.

I'm trying to get my kicker released from his contract. The team he's on is 0-6 since I joined and we haven't scored yet!

I've had zero attemts at FGs and of course, no extra point tries.

Plus we have two place kickers. Hello??? I told 'em to cut me.....
Post #: 188
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/29/2008 9:21:46 PM   
Ian Joseph

Well, my guy's season is over.  I did boost him three times, but my salary is so low (did not sign for much - could I have negotiated?) that I cannot afford equipment upgrades right now.

He's now a level 9, so I am just waiting until my contract runs out and Jack Sparrow gets a team and then I can sign for a pimp's price.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 189
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/29/2008 9:44:49 PM   
Mark Duda

Try and sponge your current owner for the money to upgrade your equipment. Most owners would want to maximize their players and he should kick you the 10 grand to upgrade all your stuff. But if you can pull it off without committing yourself for the next 5 seasons, you should give it a try.

My CB and DE will both be available towards the end of the season. My WR is signed through season 4, but the owner said he'd trade me if we get a team. The rest of my guys are still on CPU teams till I get a better idea of when or if we will get a team.

My Lv 8 WR had a nice play today...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4653095

< Message edited by Mark Duda -- 5/29/2008 9:47:28 PM >

Post #: 190
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/29/2008 9:55:54 PM   
Ian Joseph

My owner is a CPU.. I'll try, but I am not signing an extension to a team that give me ten snaps and 4 touches a game.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 191
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/29/2008 11:32:14 PM   
Duane Sampson

Ian

I'd hold tight until season 3 starts... there will a bunch of teams looking for players.

As far as my hopes. I'm now at 1041..... I'd say next season will be my shot!
Post #: 192
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 1:27:04 AM   
Mark Duda

I'm at 1080. I think I'm gonna take myself off the list, though. I need the FPs for other things. How are you sitting, Toby? In the top 500 at least?

Post #: 193
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 7:56:05 AM   
Toby Stumbo

I'm at 179 so I'll get one of the new teams for sure which will be great because we will be playing against even competition.

Ian, you are on a CPU team so you wont be able to do any contract negotiations or anything at all.  You can be signed off the CPU team by a human team ANYTIME though so keep that in mind.  We should have a team at or near the beginning of the next season so just ride out your CPU contract and don't worry about your equipment upgrades yet.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 194
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 12:15:59 PM   
Steve Archer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Duda

Try and sponge your current owner for the money to upgrade your equipment. Most owners would want to maximize their players and he should kick you the 10 grand to upgrade all your stuff. But if you can pull it off without committing yourself for the next 5 seasons, you should give it a try.

My CB and DE will both be available towards the end of the season. My WR is signed through season 4, but the owner said he'd trade me if we get a team. The rest of my guys are still on CPU teams till I get a better idea of when or if we will get a team.

My Lv 8 WR had a nice play today...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4653095

Mark

Very nice.
Post #: 195
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 12:19:17 PM   
Steve Archer

I signed a 1 year deal with a human team.  I was wondering with a new season starting, would it be a good idea to level up 3 levels at the start of the season?  I have enough flex points.
Post #: 196
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 1:40:41 PM   
Toby Stumbo

What level are you Steve?  If you are fairly low I wouldn't boost just yet because you'll level faster.  Of course, boosting right away helps your team so it's up to you.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 197
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 2:20:30 PM   
Toby Stumbo

check it out, this is a MUST READ for all Players, not just LOLB's.

http://goallineblitz.com/images/guides/DLight03_Premier_Pass_Coverage_LB_Guide.pdf

GO VIKES!
Post #: 198
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 4:28:49 PM   
Steve Archer

I'm at level 9.
Post #: 199
RE: Goal Line Blitz Football - 5/30/2008 5:35:14 PM   
Toby Stumbo

I would hold off then, you'll level fast!  For example, I have a runningback and at the beginning of season 2 he was a backup behind a RB 4 levels higher than him, I held off on boosting until the middle of the season and passed him up and now I'm starting.  I should have waited a little longer though so I could have been a level or two higher than him instead of just a game or two of XP. 

Of course, if your player is a starter then boosting right away is probably the way to go, leveling seems to go pretty fast before you notice it slowing down (around level 15/16).

GO VIKES!
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Fantasy Football >> RE: Goal Line Blitz Football Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode