Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:The one-tricker thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE:The one-tricker thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 12:47:48 AM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jason Dorn"]Hoiseth still convinced the One tricker is through. Could anyone be more wrong. 9-183-1td. NE puts up thirty eight and dominates a dvision opponent/playoff team. Catches a 51 yarder thrown into triple coverage. He his on his way to the Hall. This NE team could be one of the best ever.[/quote] AGREED! What a steal that was. Meanwhile Oakland trades Moss, doens't play Culpepper, and Oakland is being shut out. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of suckers.[/quote] A fourth rounder and he took a paycut, how good is that. I doubt Moss agrees to the same terms here or anywhere else, maybe Indy. He has a second chance, everybody deserves that.[/quote] Jason... How does Randy Moss deserve a second chance? Wouldn't that be a THIRD chance? He wore out his welcome in MN, Oakland dumps him....so, now, aren't we at THREE? While I never thought twice about dumping Culpepper, I wish Moss hadn't been traded by the Vikes.
Post #: 26
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 5:04:35 PM   
"Randy Moss wore put his welcome in Minnesota"???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Fricken Dime! You can't be serious. :) :shrug: Who's welcome? BEAP"S? :angry: The two-faced, lying, backstabbers who think smoking pot is the bigger evil than drunk driving after slamming a few rolling rocks or some fine wine or some other "legal" stupefying booze? :twisted: Maybe you meant the hypocritical moralists who think a Fake Moon at Cheese head field is "disgusting'? :shock: I didn't know Joe Buck-puke represented Minnesota values so well. :twisted: Why he was traded we will never really know, but since you hang out in Texas look up The Beap for me and spit on him. :beer:
  Post #: 27
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 7:39:20 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Danimal"]"Randy Moss wore put his welcome in Minnesota"???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Fricken Dime! You can't be serious. :) :shrug: Who's welcome? BEAP"S? :angry: The two-faced, lying, backstabbers who think smoking pot is the bigger evil than drunk driving after slamming a few rolling rocks or some fine wine or some other "legal" stupefying booze? :twisted: Maybe you meant the hypocritical moralists who think a Fake Moon at Cheese head field is "disgusting'? :shock: I didn't know Joe Buck-puke represented Minnesota values so well. :twisted: Why he was traded we will never really know, but since you hang out in Texas look up The Beap for me and spit on him. :beer:[/quote] ATTN: Danimal... I'm not being judge OR jury. I am just making a statement, regarding Randy Moss. Do I care that he squirted a Zebra in a NFC Playoff loss to St. Louis....NO! Do I care that he smokes some 'French cigarettes' in the privacy of his own place....NO! What I do care is giving LESS THAN full effort...or, taking plays off. How can a guy that talented DISAPPEAR in games is beyond me. Please, refrain from shooting the messenger. p.s. Also, as for "drunk driving after slamming a few rolling rocks"....well, that aint me, either! :angry:
Post #: 28
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 8:01:25 PM   
Jason Dorn

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jason Dorn"]Hoiseth still convinced the One tricker is through. Could anyone be more wrong. 9-183-1td. NE puts up thirty eight and dominates a dvision opponent/playoff team. Catches a 51 yarder thrown into triple coverage. He his on his way to the Hall. This NE team could be one of the best ever.[/quote] AGREED! What a steal that was. Meanwhile Oakland trades Moss, doens't play Culpepper, and Oakland is being shut out. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of suckers.[/quote] A fourth rounder and he took a paycut, how good is that. I doubt Moss agrees to the same terms here or anywhere else, maybe Indy. He has a second chance, everybody deserves that.[/quote] Jason... How does Randy Moss deserve a second chance? Wouldn't that be a THIRD chance? He wore out his welcome in MN, Oakland dumps him....so, now, aren't we at THREE? While I never thought twice about dumping Culpepper, I wish Moss hadn't been traded by the Vikes.[/quote] If you want to split hairs yes it is his third chance, though it wasnt his choice to be traded to argubally the worst franchise in the league. IMO, Oakland wasnt a chance for a player with the pedigree Moss carries, they are in a full rebuild and Moss is at point in his career where competing for the Super Bowl is the only force driving him. This thread was created by the ultimate Moss antagonist, at least within these circles. Hoiseth boasts about his all-knowing knowledge of the game and judge of talent. It is poetic justice that Moss puts up a highlight reel for him with 9-183 and a TD. Hoiseth is on record as claiming Moss to be a cancer, which was in some ways true with Oakland. The truth is Moss is a fierce competetior who is driven to win, stats are secondary as well as pay. He doesnt tolerate mediocrtiy, and voices his displeasure, for that he is scapegoated as an irrational malcontent. I find him to be a leader who stands up for what he believes, for doing so he was tossed out of Minnesota and Oakland. All he ever wanted was McCombs to provide this Vikings a defense to compete for the title, he stood up to him and was traded shortly after. Most fans wanted the same thing. Is he perfect, not even close, a role model, in ways yes and others absolutely not. The bottom line is the man can flat out play football and puts up some big numbers in the right situation. Nobody has ever adjusted to the deep ball the way Moss does, he is the best at it, if that is his trick it sure is one hell of a trick.
Post #: 29
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 8:09:34 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jason Dorn"]Hoiseth still convinced the One tricker is through. Could anyone be more wrong. 9-183-1td. NE puts up thirty eight and dominates a dvision opponent/playoff team. Catches a 51 yarder thrown into triple coverage. He his on his way to the Hall. This NE team could be one of the best ever.[/quote] AGREED! What a steal that was. Meanwhile Oakland trades Moss, doens't play Culpepper, and Oakland is being shut out. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of suckers.[/quote] A fourth rounder and he took a paycut, how good is that. I doubt Moss agrees to the same terms here or anywhere else, maybe Indy. He has a second chance, everybody deserves that.[/quote] Jason... How does Randy Moss deserve a second chance? Wouldn't that be a THIRD chance? He wore out his welcome in MN, Oakland dumps him....so, now, aren't we at THREE? While I never thought twice about dumping Culpepper, I wish Moss hadn't been traded by the Vikes.[/quote] If you want to split hairs yes it is his third chance, though it wasnt his choice to be traded to argubally the worst franchise in the league. IMO, Oakland wasnt a chance for a player with the pedigree Moss carries, they are in a full rebuild and Moss is at point in his career where competing for the Super Bowl is the only force driving him. This thread was created by the ultimate Moss antagonist, at least within these circles. Hoiseth boasts about his all-knowing knowledge of the game and judge of talent. It is poetic justice that Moss puts up a highlight reel for him with 9-183 and a TD. Hoiseth is on record as claiming Moss to be a cancer, which was in some ways true with Oakland. The truth is Moss is a fierce competetior who is driven to win, stats are secondary as well as pay. He doesnt tolerate mediocrtiy, and voices his displeasure, for that he is scapegoated as an irrational malcontent. I find him to be a leader who stands up for what he believes, for doing so he was tossed out of Minnesota and Oakland. All he ever wanted was McCombs to provide this Vikings a defense to compete for the title, he stood up to him and was traded shortly after. Most fans wanted the same thing. Is he perfect, not even close, a role model, in ways yes and others absolutely not. The bottom line is the man can flat out play football and puts up some big numbers in the right situation. Nobody has ever adjusted to the deep ball the way Moss does, he is the best at it, if that is his trick it sure is one hell of a trick.[/quote] ATTN: Jason D... I'm NOT saying that I hate Moss.....that's BH's gig. I joined this site to get away from BH....as I put up with TWO full days of why the Vikes *ucked up passing on Dwayne Jarrett over Sidney Rice back in April. For whatever reason, the Vikes drafted Rice over Jarrett. But, BH had to tell US ALL why we (MN) went wrong. Again, I don't hate Moss. His 'effort' - at times - makes you wonder what Moss is thinking about?
Post #: 30
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/15/2007 9:18:59 PM   
Jason Dorn

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jason Dorn"]Hoiseth still convinced the One tricker is through. Could anyone be more wrong. 9-183-1td. NE puts up thirty eight and dominates a dvision opponent/playoff team. Catches a 51 yarder thrown into triple coverage. He his on his way to the Hall. This NE team could be one of the best ever.[/quote] AGREED! What a steal that was. Meanwhile Oakland trades Moss, doens't play Culpepper, and Oakland is being shut out. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of suckers.[/quote] A fourth rounder and he took a paycut, how good is that. I doubt Moss agrees to the same terms here or anywhere else, maybe Indy. He has a second chance, everybody deserves that.[/quote] Jason... How does Randy Moss deserve a second chance? Wouldn't that be a THIRD chance? He wore out his welcome in MN, Oakland dumps him....so, now, aren't we at THREE? While I never thought twice about dumping Culpepper, I wish Moss hadn't been traded by the Vikes.[/quote] If you want to split hairs yes it is his third chance, though it wasnt his choice to be traded to argubally the worst franchise in the league. IMO, Oakland wasnt a chance for a player with the pedigree Moss carries, they are in a full rebuild and Moss is at point in his career where competing for the Super Bowl is the only force driving him. This thread was created by the ultimate Moss antagonist, at least within these circles. Hoiseth boasts about his all-knowing knowledge of the game and judge of talent. It is poetic justice that Moss puts up a highlight reel for him with 9-183 and a TD. Hoiseth is on record as claiming Moss to be a cancer, which was in some ways true with Oakland. The truth is Moss is a fierce competetior who is driven to win, stats are secondary as well as pay. He doesnt tolerate mediocrtiy, and voices his displeasure, for that he is scapegoated as an irrational malcontent. I find him to be a leader who stands up for what he believes, for doing so he was tossed out of Minnesota and Oakland. All he ever wanted was McCombs to provide this Vikings a defense to compete for the title, he stood up to him and was traded shortly after. Most fans wanted the same thing. Is he perfect, not even close, a role model, in ways yes and others absolutely not. The bottom line is the man can flat out play football and puts up some big numbers in the right situation. Nobody has ever adjusted to the deep ball the way Moss does, he is the best at it, if that is his trick it sure is one hell of a trick.[/quote] ATTN: Jason D... I'm NOT saying that I hate Moss.....that's BH's gig. I joined this site to get away from BH....as I put up with TWO full days of why the Vikes *ucked up passing on Dwayne Jarrett over Sidney Rice back in April. For whatever reason, the Vikes drafted Rice over Jarrett. But, BH had to tell US ALL why we (MN) went wrong. Again, I don't hate Moss. His 'effort' - at times - makes you wonder what Moss is thinking about?[/quote] You dont come off as a Moss hater at all. The effort thing is a valid argument. Moss has plenty of fault. Does the good outweigh the bad...depends on ones perspective. As for Hoiseth...he created this thread banking on a Moss meltdown, which may still occur and at that point we will hear the I told you so's. As for Moss being done, well 9-183 and a TD sums up that, so does the 4.29 forty he ran, it irks me that somebody who claims to have such vast knowledge and eye for talent refuses to recognizes the gifts Moss has out of spite, very irrational thinking.
Post #: 31
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/16/2007 3:58:43 AM   
Ron W

I'm glad BH created this thread. The Randy Moss thread had 1 reply and the one tricker thread has had about 30 posts. Randy has had only one brilliant game and the other shoe hasn't yet dropped. Randy's ailing hamstring hasn't caused him to miss any games and Randy hasn't yet done anything bone headed off the field. When he does you can be sure the dialog will heat up even more. In the mean time I would expect that with Brady throwing to him and the Patriots offense Randy will continue to tear the league up.
Post #: 32
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/16/2007 3:35:02 PM   
John Childress

Moss will have a much healthier season with the Pats than the Raiders despite being older. The Pats aren't looking for him to carry the team and BB will rest him when needed. They have plenty of other weapons. Moss' old habits? I think that is WAY overblown. Do you want a player who accepts losing? Moss will be a good citizen and the Pats will win. I remember when Owens went to Dallas and all the so-called experts were counting down until his next implosion. Never happened! I would kill for the Vikings to have MOss and Owens at WR. They would be unstoppable.
Post #: 33
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/17/2007 5:21:46 AM   
Jason Dorn

Two minutes left the Pats are up 38-14 Moss has 8-105 yds and 2tds....17-288-3tds Oh Brad where are you? saw you posting after a Viking loss, what gives have you no reply. Is he still done? HMMM I wonder how long it will take a Viking reciever to achieve those stats, what the halfway point? I guess the Raiders futility was all Moss, correct Brad?
Post #: 34
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/17/2007 5:36:03 AM   
John Childress

What is really impressive is watching Moss come back for the short passes and do all the little things people said he wouldn't do. He and Owens are making my season. I love it when they shut the critics up.
Post #: 35
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/17/2007 8:24:14 PM   
John Childress

THE ANTI-MOSS FORCES ARE OUT, AND I UNDERSTAND THEM COMPLETELY. From Patrick McMullen of Reno, Nev.: "I agree wholeheartedly with you on how well the relationship between Randy Moss and JaMarcus Russell could be. However, to say the Raiders are crazy to dump Moss is a little crazy. Besides the fact that Moss quit on the team last year, publicly embarrassed the organization on a weekly basis and was a cancer in the locker room, he also yelled at his new head coach and demanded a trade. I would love for the team to sit Moss and let him rot, but trading him is the best option at this point. The last thing a young new coach needs is a malcontent who lacks heart. The Raiders are better off cutting their losses. He is as much a reason for Oakland's lack of success the past two years as anyone else.'' You make good points, and you were one of many who wrote to say the Raiders should throw the bum out. You know what'll happen if the Raiders trade Moss, say, to the Patriots or the Packers, while Russell is drafted by the Raiders? I'll tell you. He'll be reborn. Absolutely reborn. He's not 90. He's still a capable player when motivated to play, and playing with Brett Favre or Tom Brady he'd be a monster. What would Raider Nation think if Al gets a third-round pick in trade, and Moss goes out and catches 92 balls for 1,680 yards and 14 touchdowns? Because that's what'll happen if he goes somewhere with a good quarterback. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/06/free.agency.roundup/index.html
Post #: 36
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/18/2007 5:25:00 AM   
Easy E

[quote="John Childress"]THE ANTI-MOSS FORCES ARE OUT, AND I UNDERSTAND THEM COMPLETELY. From Patrick McMullen of Reno, Nev.: "I agree wholeheartedly with you on how well the relationship between Randy Moss and JaMarcus Russell could be. However, to say the Raiders are crazy to dump Moss is a little crazy. Besides the fact that Moss quit on the team last year, publicly embarrassed the organization on a weekly basis and was a cancer in the locker room, he also yelled at his new head coach and demanded a trade. I would love for the team to sit Moss and let him rot, but trading him is the best option at this point. The last thing a young new coach needs is a malcontent who lacks heart. The Raiders are better off cutting their losses. He is as much a reason for Oakland's lack of success the past two years as anyone else.'' You make good points, and you were one of many who wrote to say the Raiders should throw the bum out. You know what'll happen if the Raiders trade Moss, say, to the Patriots or the Packers, while Russell is drafted by the Raiders? I'll tell you. He'll be reborn. Absolutely reborn. He's not 90. He's still a capable player when motivated to play, and playing with Brett Favre or Tom Brady he'd be a monster. What would Raider Nation think if Al gets a third-round pick in trade, and Moss goes out and catches 92 balls for 1,680 yards and 14 touchdowns? Because that's what'll happen if he goes somewhere with a good quarterback. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/06/free.agency.roundup/index.html[/quote] The Raiders were right to trade Moss, even if they knew he was going to go for 1800 yards and 20 TDs (which he could). Nothing that guy said about Moss was wrong, he was bad for the Raiders. Remember we were talking about a great player, then bad, then great again? It's not a perfect match, but I think the closest analogy for Moss is going to be Vince Carter. There is no doubt that with a great QB and a coach that knows how to use him, especially when the rest of the team is so good, Moss is going to have a great year. Even if he has a few "Moss" moments, it's not going to stop the Patriots.
Post #: 37
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/21/2007 12:31:18 AM   
Wonder if anyone else has noticed the last time the one trick poster showed up on this thread??? :lol:
  Post #: 38
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/21/2007 4:22:07 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's sunny in California Big Ed. Too much to do at this time of the year......
Post #: 39
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/23/2007 3:20:51 PM   
thebigo

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Jason Dorn"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jason Dorn"]Hoiseth still convinced the One tricker is through. Could anyone be more wrong. 9-183-1td. NE puts up thirty eight and dominates a dvision opponent/playoff team. Catches a 51 yarder thrown into triple coverage. He his on his way to the Hall. This NE team could be one of the best ever.[/quote] AGREED! What a steal that was. Meanwhile Oakland trades Moss, doens't play Culpepper, and Oakland is being shut out. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of suckers.[/quote] A fourth rounder and he took a paycut, how good is that. I doubt Moss agrees to the same terms here or anywhere else, maybe Indy. He has a second chance, everybody deserves that.[/quote] Jason... How does Randy Moss deserve a second chance? Wouldn't that be a THIRD chance? He wore out his welcome in MN, Oakland dumps him....so, now, aren't we at THREE? While I never thought twice about dumping Culpepper, I wish Moss hadn't been traded by the Vikes.[/quote] Wore out his welcome in Minnesota? Clearly you weren't present (or paying attention) for the public bendover your homeboy McCombs gave the collective state of Minnesota by forcing the Moss trade just before he sold the team, as payback for Minnesotans not building him a stadium and filling his pockets with a few hundred million MORE clams.
Post #: 40
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/23/2007 11:31:39 PM   
David Levine

How many media guys are going to be enraged if he wins "comeback player" or *gasp* MVP? 3 games: 22 catches, 405 yards, 5 TDs. And Donte Stallworth is an afterthought on that team: 3 games: 4 catches, 66 yards, 0 TDs. .
Post #: 41
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/24/2007 1:46:05 AM   
John Childress

Moss has 2 more TDs than the entire Vikings offense! Great trade Well at least we got Napoleon Harris and Troy Williamson! BRINKS JOB IN REVERSE
Post #: 42
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/24/2007 3:26:22 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

I saw a comment of Moss for MVP. Frankly, it's not that far-fetched after 3 games. He keeps this pace up, he'll be impossible to ignore in the discussion. Clearly the biggest impact player this year so far.
Post #: 43
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/24/2007 6:39:34 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I saw a comment of Moss for MVP. Frankly, it's not that far-fetched after 3 games. He keeps this pace up, he'll be impossible to ignore in the discussion. Clearly the biggest impact player this year so far.[/quote] If he keeps playing this well, Tom Brady is a shoe-in for MVP.
Post #: 44
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/24/2007 6:08:48 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Have the Vikes every gotten the right side of a trade? That's a serious question BTW. I can't come up with any.
Post #: 45
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/24/2007 10:20:24 PM   
Ron W

It's been a long time since the Vikings won a trade. Some of the core of the 70s vikings were acquired by trade although some of the may have been waivers. Two trades that built that club were both of Tarkenton. One to trade him away and one to trade him back. The Vikings got more value trading him away than they paid to get him back. Paul Krause started with Washington. Bill Brown started with the Bears. Jim Marshall started with someone else I believe Cleveland. These players may have just been picked up on waivers.
Post #: 46
RE:The one-tricker thread - 9/25/2007 4:00:12 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Wow, that was a long time ago. :angry: It's time to come out on the winning end again.
Post #: 47
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/2/2007 8:03:22 PM   
Lynn G.

I think it's just about the right time for the author of this thread to come in here and admit he was wrong, wrong, wrong about Randy Moss.
Post #: 48
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/2/2007 8:11:44 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Hahaha, I'd win the powerball before that happens.
Post #: 49
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/2/2007 9:48:00 PM   
El Duderino

Through four, Moss is on target for 124 catches for 2020 yards and 28 TDs. Those last two would be NFL records. He'd need 19 more catches to match Marvin Harrison's record from 2002. This could very well end up being the greatest season ever by a wide receiver. Too bad he's a washed up one trick pony.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE:The one-tricker thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode