Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:The one-tricker thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE:The one-tricker thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/3/2007 6:13:43 AM   
Steve Lentz

[quote="El Duderino"]Through four, Moss is on target for 124 catches for 2020 yards and 28 TDs. Those last two would be NFL records. He'd need 19 more catches to match Marvin Harrison's record from 2002. This could very well end up being the greatest season ever by a wide receiver. Too bad he's a washed up one trick pony.[/quote] Yeah well Jarrett's better. ;)
Post #: 51
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/3/2007 7:37:42 AM   
So.....WHEN Moss wins a Super Bowl with the Pats and goes into the HOF, wonder what he'll say about his stint in Minny.....
  Post #: 52
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/4/2007 5:12:15 AM   
Steve Lentz

[quote="Ed_Marotske"]So.....WHEN Moss wins a Super Bowl with the Pats and goes into the HOF, wonder what he'll say about his stint in Minny.....[/quote] Moss is even making Brady better which very few players could.
Post #: 53
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/4/2007 3:32:44 PM   
Lynn G.

Ed, I like to think he'll have positive comments about his stint in Minny. He still praises the fans here, and he still owns a house here. He brings his family here for vacations and loves the fishing. He also has thanked Red McCombs for giving him the first shot, and he has gotten a standing ovation upon his return here last year with the Raiders. I think his feelings are pretty good.
Post #: 54
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 5:47:03 AM   
[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]Ed, I like to think he'll have positive comments about his stint in Minny. He still praises the fans here, and he still owns a house here. He brings his family here for vacations and loves the fishing. He also has thanked Red McCombs for giving him the first shot, and he has gotten a standing ovation upon his return here last year with the Raiders. I think his feelings are pretty good.[/quote] *************************************************** If I'm not mistaken, he credited Denny for giving him his first shot. He always spoke highly of Denny.
  Post #: 55
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 10:07:08 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]Ed, I like to think he'll have positive comments about his stint in Minny. He still praises the fans here, and he still owns a house here. He brings his family here for vacations and loves the fishing. He also has thanked Red McCombs for giving him the first shot, and he has gotten a standing ovation upon his return here last year with the Raiders. I think his feelings are pretty good.[/quote] *************************************************** If I'm not mistaken, he credited Denny for giving him his first shot. He always spoke highly of Denny.[/quote] Maybe Denny, but he credits Red with giving him a shot as well, and he will always, always have much love for Red McCombs. He's been very specific on this. Red McCombs is pure and undying love and respect. The fans that loved him are pure and undying love. The Minnesota Vikings? They can go to hell.
Post #: 56
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 3:40:40 PM   
John Childress

Too bad Because in my crazy dream we keep Frazier as DC and hire Dennis Green back! He reaches out and signs Culpepper and Moss to compliment Rice. Add a couple offensive linemen and suddenly it is 1998 all over again. Then I woke up.
Post #: 57
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 6:11:39 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I need to see Daunte throw for more than 75 yards in a game to claim "he's back". 5 TD's is very impressive but 75 yards a game makes only Drew Henson jealous.
Post #: 58
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 6:44:43 PM   
when you can run at will for 300 yards and you have a big lead, why throw unless you have to?
  Post #: 59
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/5/2007 6:53:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Very true.
Post #: 60
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/6/2007 1:11:20 AM   
Easy E

[quote="John Childress"]Too bad Because in my crazy dream we keep Frazier as DC and hire Dennis Green back! He reaches out and signs Culpepper and Moss to compliment Rice. Add a couple offensive linemen and suddenly it is 1998 all over again. Then I woke up.[/quote] The 1998 season was without a doubt my favorite regular season of all time. My wife, who never even watched football, became a big Viking fan, everyone was on a roll, it was great. Three deep was invented, Batman and Robin were kicking it on defense, Robert Smith finally stayed healthy. Then, Denny took a knee. Things have gone downwhill since the Vikes because the first team in the history of the NFL to lose 1 regular season game and not win the Super Bowl, much less get there. My wife has never watched a Viking game since, and every season since has been a paler copy. And now, we're one of the worst teams in the NFL. I truly never thought I'd see the Vikes put up back to back 6 win seasons. I still hope I don't, but I'm assured that not only will it happen, but that somehow it's a sign of good things. :shrug:
Post #: 61
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/6/2007 11:00:10 AM   
Ray88

Hey it has been almost 2 months and Brad is no where to be seen........ :lol:
Post #: 62
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/6/2007 4:58:55 PM   
Lynn G.

I'm sure he's embarrassed. He's never been particularly good at the words - "I was wrong." It would just kill him to admit that the rest of us knew what we were talking about.
Post #: 63
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/7/2007 10:00:20 PM   
John Childress

Quiet day for the 1 tricker
Post #: 64
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/7/2007 10:41:18 PM   
David Levine

[quote="John Childress"]Quiet day for the 1 tricker[/quote] yup, but it opened up the field for everyone else. Moss is off to such a great start teams are totally scared of him again.
Post #: 65
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/8/2007 2:41:25 AM   
Jeff Jesser

LOL, our #1 WR threat has a whopping 15 catches for 176 yards for the year an we say a guy who has a game of 3 for 46 a "quiet day".
Post #: 66
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/9/2007 12:17:11 AM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="John Childress"]Too bad Because in my crazy dream we keep Frazier as DC and hire Dennis Green back! He reaches out and signs Culpepper and Moss to compliment Rice. Add a couple offensive linemen and suddenly it is 1998 all over again. Then I woke up.[/quote] ATTN: Johnny C... That was a bad dream you had. Glad you woke up. :nodding:
Post #: 67
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/9/2007 3:13:13 AM   
Duane Sampson

Trading Moss was one of the three worst things I can remember about being a Vikings fan. Losing to KC in the SB #1 Losing to aTlAntA in the NFC Championship Game #2
Post #: 68
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/12/2007 1:23:11 AM   
Jeff Allen

Typical -- Start a thread against Moss when he is hurt and never post again because Moss is blowing up the league. Has Brad ever been right about anything? Seriously...
Post #: 69
RE:The one-tricker thread - 10/12/2007 1:34:43 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, you really have to take your hat off to Kleiny. He called that from day one.
Post #: 70
IN HONOR OF MARTY - 10/16/2007 7:06:47 PM   
John Childress

This one is from left field but.... Every time that I watched Brady uncharacteristically overthrow Randy Moss by 10 yards I couldn't help but think the was subconciously doing it on purpose. Up until 2 weeks ago Randy was considered a MVP candidate and perhaps that would take votes away from Brady. What do you think Marty?
Post #: 71
Re: IN HONOR OF MARTY - 10/16/2007 7:42:18 PM   
Mark Duda

[quote="John Childress"]This one is from left field but.... Every time that I watched Brady uncharacteristically overthrow Randy Moss by 10 yards I couldn't help but think the was subconciously doing it on purpose. Up until 2 weeks ago Randy was considered a MVP candidate and perhaps that would take votes away from Brady. What do you think Marty?[/quote] HAHA.. Maybe Brady's doing it 'subconsiencly', but that would SEEM to be very 'unBradylike', or at least the public's perception of Brady. As far as Moss vs. Brady for candidates for MVP? I guess it would depend on if you believe Moss makes Brady/the Patriots better or Brady/the Patriots make Moss better. I happen to think it's a little of both, but mostly Moss makes the Pats better. Right now I'd pick Randy as MVP over Brady. They were never close to this deadly on offense before Moss. And I agree with Sammy- letting Moss go was one of the worst moments as a Viking fan.
Post #: 72
RE:The one-tricker thread - 11/5/2007 8:43:02 PM   
John Childress

quote:

On second-and-10 from the New England 42, Brady sent Moss down the seam on a long pass on the left side of the field. Daunte Culpepper made a living of doing the same thing with Moss years ago in Minnesota, sending the 6-4 receiver downfield against shorter defensive backs and letting him either outrun or outjump them. The play still works, as Moss came up with a 55-yard completion at the Colts' 3-yard line. Three plays later, Brady hit Welker with a 3-yard touchdown pass to cut the Colts' lead to 20-17. "The stress of their defense was in the middle of the field and on the deep outside," Stallworth said. "Randy is a great player. He's going to make those catches all the time." Moss is the perfect receiver for the quarterback who feels imperfect. He turns bad throws into good ones and good throws into great ones. The Colts' defense played well, but Moss burned Indy for nine catches for 145 yards and a touchdown. For the season, he has 56 catches for 924 yards and 12 touchdowns. "He's a great player," Brady said of Moss. "I think everything that's been written about him is the complete opposite. He's a great teammate. He's a great player. He's very coachable. He's very selfless. He's a great worker. He leads by example." Earlier in the game, Moss made an incredible one-handed catch no other player in the league could've made. Had Moss been a member of the Patriots last season instead of a bored and losing member of the Raiders, Brady might have four Super Bowl rings and be angling for a fifth.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3094967
Post #: 73
RE:The one-tricker thread - 11/5/2007 10:38:18 PM   
Jason Dorn

Its great to see Moss having fun playing football again. Its great that he has completely shut up his critics without ever saying a word. Of course some folks just cant admit when they were wrong. Its one thing to rip his football ability, a different circumstance to question his character/heart. Moss is a elite athlete with a passion for winning. He never should have been traded, I cant stand seeing him in a pats uniform, it just isnt right, he always should have been a Viking, by trading him Mccombs showed what his true colors were all about and they definately were not purple. Ironic twist, Moss ends up getting out of football purgatory in Oakland, Culpepper ends up starting there prooving he isnt washed up and the Vikes end up with a new superstar in ALL DAY...funny how things work out, the only bad part is that swindler used car salesman is counting up his profits from the sale, at least he isnt involved anymore.
Post #: 74
RE:The one-tricker thread - 11/5/2007 11:05:01 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Can anybody else make a one handed catch like that? :shock:
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE:The one-tricker thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode