Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 4:39:27 PM   
Todd M

I think it would be easier to watch this season die. Let the losses stack and embrace the suck. It's never the year so this is just another spent hoping it would be and wishing it was.

That 7th playoff spots existence will only serve to keep us mathematically in it.

I have no problem waking up wild card weekend with a chip and a chair. As nice as it to hold a top seed with confidence, even if reserved I can live with just hope in surviving said round.

I have little to no faith in this team. Lots of talent but we're not a team. Not mentally strong. Not together. Not fun. The things it would take to turn it around don't happen. We live in an age where we're privy to the tape. The tape shows an ultra conservative approach that doesn't put its players in the best position to win. To see change people would not only have to acknowledge this but take accountability and work to change things. Zimmer might give you 'my bad' after back to back time outs but he's not willing to or able to change.

I'd buy back in if I could hear/see/feel a change.
Post #: 1026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 4:57:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I propose Rodgers be suspended for the year and the Packers forfeit their 1st round pick.

Being an idiot, deliberately ignoring the safety and well-being of others, has no consequences in America, any longer, especially if you have money, fame, and celebrity status.
Eventually, justice or karma may catch up with you, but if not..
The Short attention span, of your fanboys/girls, will absolve you of all responsibility.

People who do things outside of socially accepted norms, count on “ it’s not my problem/right to judge” AND “ it’s my right”, “ you don’t get to tell me what to do”.. attitudes, winning out over personal responsibility, or actual consequences.

They are counting on the fact that you are going to give up in frustration.

Rogers will do his Covid protocols, banking on his wealth and status to get him the health care he needs to survive this, while maintaining the socially damaging position that “ it was no big deal..”

He, like many other Covid deniers before him, needs to suffer in agony, on a ventilator…

But, in this case, I want “Mr instant Name Recognition” to survive and have debilitating long term after effects.

I want this to cost him his NFL career and cause him the “ long haul disease” effects.. as Karma.

I won’t go so far as wishing it on his kids… they don’t have a choice.. but Karma… won’t care…tragedy, is karmas middle name.

I want Rogers, and his likeminded idiot admirers, to spend the rest of his life doing “Mia culpa” over his anti vax stance, while sponsors drop him into the “ not with a ten foot pole” pool

I take it wishing that millions "suffer in agony, on a ventilator" "have debilitating long term after effects" falls within your definition of "socially accepted norms"?

Yep… be an idiot .. get the idiot option..

If I have to pay ridiculous consequences when I do something idiotic, why not the rest.. share the equality..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 4:58:00 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Besides.. it Fn Rogers…

That alone..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 5:21:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

It's taken me several days to cool down after last Sunday night debacle.

With Prescott out that was a gift you capitalize on in this league. How in the hell do f that up?

To see how.

Re-watch Suinday's game.

What do you have against Bill?

Wish a thousand festering carbuncles on the dude but don’t ask him to rewatch the game - that’s vicious.

HE asked how the hell do they f that up......

If he wants to know...all he has to do is watch it again.

It seemed like a rhetorical question … if it was, HE doesnt need to be bludgeoned with the obvious.

If it wasnt … HE doesnt need to be bludgeoned with the obvious.

Don't be a jackass.

It was a joke

Don't be a jackass.

I tried to turn your dumbass remark into a joke. You doubled-down.

Maybe you should take your sword to another thread.

Said that sword swinging jackass

Edit: Time for this jackass (me) to simmer down.

It never lasts long but I will try and do better.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/4/2021 8:31:54 PM >
Post #: 1029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 5:23:57 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

SD

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/4/2021 5:45:04 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 5:42:28 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

10 days into no- shave..

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/4/2021 5:43:43 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 7:38:20 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

Odds are that Rodgers won't experience as much as a sniffle.

Really? Who's making those odds? I know a number of folks who have had Covid, myself included. We certainly all experienced more than a sniffle....

Vegas. And "the science" is clear... many people with Covid have been completely asymptomatic.

Could you share some actual stats supporting your claim, or is “many” people the best you can come up with?

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 1032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 7:46:53 PM  3 votes
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really? Who's making those odds? I know a number of folks who have had Covid, myself included. We certainly all experienced more than a sniffle....

Vegas. And "the science" is clear... many people with Covid have been completely asymptomatic.

Could you share some actual stats supporting your claim, or is “many” people the best you can come up with?

Can you provide a reason why I would bother? Other than you'll continue to nag until I do.
Post #: 1033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 7:55:12 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I propose Rodgers be suspended for the year and the Packers forfeit their 1st round pick.

Being an idiot, deliberately ignoring the safety and well-being of others, has no consequences in America, any longer, especially if you have money, fame, and celebrity status.
The Short attention span, of your fanboys/girls, will absolve you of all responsibility.

People who do things outside of socially accepted norms, count on “ it’s not my problem/right to judge” AND “ it’s my right”, “ you don’t get to tell me what to do”.. attitudes, winning out over personal responsibility, or actual consequences.

Rogers will do his Covid protocols, banking on his wealth and status to get him the health care he needs to survive this, while maintaining the socially damaging position that “ it was no big deal..”

He, like many other Covid deniers before him, needs to suffer in agony, on a ventilator…

But, in this case, I want “Mr instant Name Recognition” to survive and have debilitating long term after effects.

I want this to cost him his NFL career and cause him the “ long haul disease” effects.. as Karma.

I won’t go so far as wishing it on his kids… they don’t have a choice.. but Karma… won’t care…tragedy, is karmas middle name.

I want Rogers, and his likeminded idiot admirers, to spend the rest of his life doing “Mia culpa” over his anti vax stance, while sponsors drop him into the “ not with a ten foot pole” pool

I just want him to learn a lesson and become a role model, telling the public to get vaccinated. I'd take that. His words can go a lot further than his suffering.

LOL. Sometimes you can be really insidious.

Sorry, but I don't see the point in him suffering in agony on a ventilator, as was posted above. He made a bad choice, but his words carry a lot of weight and if he can learn a lesson and pass a positive message, I would prefer that. It isn't likely to happen, but I think that carries more weight than the alternative.

At some point the country needs to put down the swords and start communicating. For the past five years I've heard nothing but shouting. With all due respect, it doesn't seem to be working. But if you guys want to keep it up, have at it. 750k are now dead in this country because we have no reasonable discourse. Wishing a popular NFL player suffering and agony seems like more of a gotcha moment to me. It will only fuel the fire.

At one point in the past 12 months I said what the country needs is a popular athlete to get COVID and die. It was wrong of me to say that, and I'm man enough to admit it. Saying "I told you so" only goes so far. Bitterness is not a way to achieve harmony.

Sadly, one side does not want to put their "swords" down and they never will. Death threats against school board members, attacking flight attendants on airplanes, etc. - that's how one side chooses to "communicate" these days. At this point, if Rodgers dies from Covid or makes a full recovery, it makes no difference to the anti-vaxx, anti-mask crowd. They've revealed time and again their level of concern over the health and welfare of their fellow human being. Personally, I hope Rodgers is okay. Regardless of how selfish he's acted, dying of Covid sounds like an awful way to go.

So to you a few comprise "one side". WoW.

A “few”? LOL! Every day there’s another report of people threatening school boards, and harassing mask and vaccine proponents. A Republican Congress and a majority of their constituents continue to support a former President who instigated an insurrection, and they all think the events of Jan 6th were okay. Because in their minds, violence solves everything. Maybe Fox News doesn’t cover these stories....

Post #: 1034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 7:57:27 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you provide a reason why I would bother? Other than you'll continue to nag until I do.

Maybe because you’d like to be informed on the subject? I won’t nag you about it. Just pointing out that using terms like “many” is an ineffective way to support ones point of view.

Post #: 1035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 8:31:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe because you’d like to be informed on the subject? I won’t nag you about it. Just pointing out that using terms like “many” is an ineffective way to support ones point of view.

I'm already informed on the subject. Many with Covid have been asymptomatic. The exact number is irrelevent, and certainly unknowable.
Post #: 1036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 8:40:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
4h

Updated story on #Vikings center Garrett Bradbury being put on COVID-19 reserve list and he'll be replaced in the starting lineup Sunday by Mason Cole. And a look at the other doings today, including DE Jonah Williams failing physical and not joining team.
Post #: 1037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 11:46:21 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just want him to learn a lesson and become a role model, telling the public to get vaccinated. I'd take that. His words can go a lot further than his suffering.

Sorry, but I don't see the point in him suffering in agony on a ventilator, as was posted above. He made a bad choice, but his words carry a lot of weight and if he can learn a lesson and pass a positive message, I would prefer that. It isn't likely to happen, but I think that carries more weight than the alternative.

At some point the country needs to put down the swords and start communicating. For the past five years I've heard nothing but shouting. With all due respect, it doesn't seem to be working. But if you guys want to keep it up, have at it. 750k are now dead in this country because we have no reasonable discourse. Wishing a popular NFL player suffering and agony seems like more of a gotcha moment to me. It will only fuel the fire.

At one point in the past 12 months I said what the country needs is a popular athlete to get COVID and die. It was wrong of me to say that, and I'm man enough to admit it. Saying "I told you so" only goes so far. Bitterness is not a way to achieve harmony.

Sadly, one side does not want to put their "swords" down and they never will. Death threats against school board members, attacking flight attendants on airplanes, etc. - that's how one side chooses to "communicate" these days. At this point, if Rodgers dies from Covid or makes a full recovery, it makes no difference to the anti-vaxx, anti-mask crowd. They've revealed time and again their level of concern over the health and welfare of their fellow human being. Personally, I hope Rodgers is okay. Regardless of how selfish he's acted, dying of Covid sounds like an awful way to go.

A “few”? LOL! Every day there’s another report of people threatening school boards, and harassing mask and vaccine proponents. A Republican Congress and a majority of their constituents continue to support a former President who instigated an insurrection, and they all think the events of Jan 6th were okay. Because in their minds, violence solves everything. Maybe Fox News doesn’t cover these stories....

So how many people do these daily reports actually report on? 5? 10? 20? If it's more than 20 reports, give me the daily links of these death threats and attacks.

With the U.S. population around 330,000,000 yes I will say that is a few. For you it is enough to call that "one side" representing something on the order of, oh, 100,000,000+ people.

Hyperbole anyone?
Post #: 1038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/4/2021 11:54:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Says the guy who decided the "other side" is comprised of people in daily reports threatening school boards, attacking flight attendants, etc.

That's a hell of a lot of "daily reports"!

Then you have the gall to turn right around and blab about what "many" means??

Have thee no shame or self-awareness about what thee posts?

WOW!!
Post #: 1039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 6:34:38 AM   
David F.

quote:

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
4h

Updated story on #Vikings center Garrett Bradbury being put on COVID-19 reserve list and he'll be replaced in the starting lineup Sunday by Mason Cole. And a look at the other doings today, including DE Jonah Williams failing physical and not joining team.

This will be a classic “injury forces the better player into the starting lineup” the current Vikings regime is famous for.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 7:33:33 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I think it would be easier to watch this season die. Let the losses stack and embrace the suck. It's never the year so this is just another spent hoping it would be and wishing it was.

That 7th playoff spots existence will only serve to keep us mathematically in it.

I have no problem waking up wild card weekend with a chip and a chair. As nice as it to hold a top seed with confidence, even if reserved I can live with just hope in surviving said round.

I have little to no faith in this team. Lots of talent but we're not a team. Not mentally strong. Not together. Not fun. The things it would take to turn it around don't happen. We live in an age where we're privy to the tape. The tape shows an ultra conservative approach that doesn't put its players in the best position to win. To see change people would not only have to acknowledge this but take accountability and work to change things. Zimmer might give you 'my bad' after back to back time outs but he's not willing to or able to change.

I'd buy back in if I could hear/see/feel a change.

That's where I'm at ... Started out the season putting $10 on the Vikes to have the best record in the NFL and $10 to be one of the div winners. Seems silly now but the potential payout was fun to think about.
Post #: 1041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 7:37:24 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

10 days into no- shave..

Thumbnail Image

Dude, buy a Bic ...

ha ha - have fun with it, Dan!
Post #: 1042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 8:21:00 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

So can we take the swords to another thread please.

This is not the forum for discussion about Covid or vaccines etc.

If you want to talk about Aaron Rodgers fine.

But let's please not get into a big old debate over whose side is worse etc etc etc.

This forum is for talk about the Vikings....

Talking about Aaron Rodgers in this thread is not fine. There's a Packers thread or an NFL thread.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:05:07 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So how many people do these daily reports actually report on? 5? 10? 20? If it's more than 20 reports, give me the daily links of these death threats and attacks.

With the U.S. population around 330,000,000 yes I will say that is a few. For you it is enough to call that "one side" representing something on the order of, oh, 100,000,000+ people.

Hyperbole anyone?

It’s not…

Do the work…

Dude I don’t think you want to die on this hill..
——————
The skies above Philadelphia and elsewhere in the United States are becoming increasingly unfriendly. As of last week, the Federal Aviation Administration had reported 4,385 “unruly passenger” events in 2021. Almost three-quarters of these episodes were related to enforcement of the FAA’s mask mandate, which has been in place since Feb. 1.
———————-

4385/9=~487/ month.. or ~~16 a day just from the FAA

If you like.. I could refine my search to ADD IN incidents of school boards, hospitals, doctors and clinics…

But the fact is.. he is right.. it is many.. many.. asshats lashing out with self entitled violence…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:26:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hyperbole anyone?

It’s not…

Do the work…

——————
The skies above Philadelphia and elsewhere in the United States are becoming increasingly unfriendly. As of last week, the Federal Aviation Administration had reported 4,385 “unruly passenger” events in 2021. Almost three-quarters of these episodes were related to enforcement of the FAA’s mask mandate, which has been in place since Feb. 1.
———————-

If you like.. I could refine my search to ADD IN incidents of school boards, hospitals, doctors and clinics…

But the fact is.. he is right.. it is many.. many.. asshats lashing out with self entitled violence…

As a guy who rails against government, I'm surprised you have this opinion.

Thousands lost their business due to pandemic rules only to watch the Elites who put the rules in place blatantly break those rules.

A rape gets covered up so it doesn't damper a transgender bathroom policy.

Their should be angst just like there was with George Floyd.

Is some of it(protesting) misguided and people are taking advantage of the situation? Yes. Just like the Summer of 2020 protests.

One last thing, hopefully Mason Cole brings a spark to the Interior Line and they do better as a whole.
Post #: 1045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:36:32 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Mark there is a vast.. vast difference in protests against a racist action, such as BLM and GF et Al, and the violence that ensues, and asshats attacking flight attendants, doctors, nurses, school boards and so on, over having to wear a mask for the safety and well-being of others.
Not even in the same zip code.

Sorry for the thread hijack..

But

It’s Rogers!!

Karma!!

And the thing is.. if it was KC, or AT or Kyrie Irving.. I’d say the same thing..

Karma!!

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/5/2021 9:39:51 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:36:39 AM   
twinsfan

This is certainly a must-win weekend if we want to stay in the playoff hunt.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:50:07 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

This is certainly a must-win weekend if we want to stay in the playoff hunt.

At Baltimore ?

On the road…
Outside…
Team with a winning record…

Baltimore favored by six…

This might be a must win..

But with Zimmer history in this kind of game…

It’s more like a “ don’t get embarrassed, if you don’t want the wolves to be nipping at your heels, as they dip you already hot seat in tar and gasoline, while handing you a lit torch…”

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:51:57 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hyperbole anyone?

It’s not…

Do the work…

——————
———————-

And 75% of the numbers were related to masks, so ~ 12 a day. Regardless, more than what I thought was going on. How many attacks on flight attendants, we don't know but one is too many.

Nonetheless, all those types of threatening scenarios added together still do not comprise "the other side". Just pointing out a mischaracterization. I believe they are idiots, are putting their selfish selves over society, and I don't bat an eye when a non-vaccinated dumbass dies from COVID, but the vast vast majority are not going around threatening people (although not caring about masks, vaccines, etc can be construed as psuedo-threatening to life).

No more, no less.

Horseman's characterization is just as bad as some talking head on Faux News labeling all liberals as x or y just because of a few idiots.
Post #: 1049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/5/2021 9:56:18 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Dang, I thought this was part of the political thread

OK, how about them Vikings?!
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode