Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:NFL News - 8/3/2007 3:54:41 AM   
JBVike

Coach Jeff Fisher said of QB Vince Young punching S Donnie Nickey, "My preference is not to see my quarterback throwing punches with his throwing hand."
Post #: 26
RE:NFL News - 8/4/2007 5:10:31 PM   
Jim Frenette

The HOF induction is today and yet I don't see any game scheduled. I'm sure every year they had the first exhibition game the same weekend in Canton
Post #: 27
RE:NFL News - 8/4/2007 6:09:44 PM   
Justin Sampson

[quote="Jim Frenette"]The HOF induction is today and yet I don't see any game scheduled. I'm sure every year they had the first exhibition game the same weekend in Canton[/quote] Steelers vs Saints play tomorrow night in Canton.
Post #: 28
RE:NFL News - 8/4/2007 9:07:11 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Justin Sampson"][quote="Jim Frenette"]The HOF induction is today and yet I don't see any game scheduled. I'm sure every year they had the first exhibition game the same weekend in Canton[/quote] Steelers vs Saints play tomorrow night in Canton.[/quote] I don't see it as being on TV and it usually is. I remember they always interviewed the newest members throughout the game.
Post #: 29
RE:NFL News - 8/4/2007 9:23:55 PM   
Duane Sampson

It's on NFL Netwok at 8 Eastern, 7 Central
Post #: 30
RE:NFL News - 8/4/2007 11:35:33 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Duane Sampson"]It's on NFL Netwok at 8 Eastern, 7 Central[/quote] Figures they would take it over. Why didn't they grab the HOH induction also?
Post #: 31
RE:NFL News - 8/5/2007 1:01:24 AM   
Ian Joseph

[quote="Jim Frenette"][quote="Duane Sampson"]It's on NFL Netwok at 8 Eastern, 7 Central[/quote] Figures they would take it over. Why didn't they grab the HOH induction also?[/quote] They have both. ESPN is also broadcasting the Induction.
Post #: 32
RE:NFL News - 8/5/2007 1:24:44 AM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Ian Joseph"][quote="Jim Frenette"][quote="Duane Sampson"]It's on NFL Netwok at 8 Eastern, 7 Central[/quote] Figures they would take it over. Why didn't they grab the HOH induction also?[/quote] They have both. ESPN is also broadcasting the Induction.[/quote] I won't watch, they have Mike Irvin there who I don't think belongs.
Post #: 33
RE:NFL News - 8/5/2007 1:45:36 AM   
Ian Joseph

[quote="Jim Frenette"][quote="Ian Joseph"][quote="Jim Frenette"][quote="Duane Sampson"]It's on NFL Netwok at 8 Eastern, 7 Central[/quote] Figures they would take it over. Why didn't they grab the HOH induction also?[/quote] They have both. ESPN is also broadcasting the Induction.[/quote] I won't watch, they have Mike Irvin there who I don't think belongs.[/quote] Honestly, the ceremony is painful. I was in attendance last year and the ceremony plays to the crowd. Becuz Troy Aikman was going in, there were droves of Cowboys fans in the stadium, which was cool, but I want to say they made up maybe 40% of the total attendance, not including the people on the floor, which are all invitees of the new HOF players. Troy Aikman went last becuz had he gone anytime before that, people would have cleared out, thus making the place look empty. The speeches are long, drawn out and spare a couple of jokes, are really dull. The older the player, the more dreadful the speech, although Rayfield Wright was not bad.
Post #: 34
RE:NFL News - 8/6/2007 5:53:17 AM   
Steve Lentz

Mcfarland might be out for the season. Colts getting real thin at tackle.
Post #: 35
RE:NFL News - 8/6/2007 6:15:09 AM   
djskillz

[quote="Steve Lentz"]Mcfarland might be out for the season. Colts getting real thin at tackle.[/quote] Awesome. I really think they're no better than the 5th best team in the AFC this year, behind the Pats, San Diego, Baltimore and Denver (as long as Cutler can be decent; that defense is gonna be NASTY). And Cincy might be in that group as well. McFarland just makes it even worse.
Post #: 36
RE:NFL News - 8/6/2007 6:17:25 AM   
djskillz

Did anyone see Michael Irvin's speech yesterday? I've never been a fan of the guy, but I must say; my respect for him went up about 10 notches after that speech, and the heartfelt approach he had, admitting mistakes and invoking the power God has had on his life in realizing his mistakes/fighting his demons. It'll be a while before I take another shot at Michael Irvin again, after yesterday. Probably the best HOF speech (any sport) that I've ever seen.
Post #: 37
RE:NFL News - 8/6/2007 2:46:22 PM   
Duane Sampson

-- Pacman Signs with TNA Wrestling -- Mon Aug 6, 2007 The Nashville Tennessean reports suspended Titans CB Pacman Jones has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and he's expected to make numerous appearances as part of the deal, USA Today reported in today's editions. TNA is expected to make an official announcement today. Jones' first TNA appearance is Thursday (Spike TV, 8 p.m.), and his first match is reported to be no later than TNA's No Surrender pay-per-view on Sept. 9 in Orlando. The Titans open the regular season Sept. 9 in Jacksonville. Jones was quoted as saying that wrestling is "something to do, to keep me out of the streets while I have my little off-time from my real job, and, I'm a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try." "I think wrestling is a great sport,'' he said. "You don't really give (wrestling) much (credit) until you get in (the ring) and try it.'' Plus, "it will help get my mind off a lot of stuff that I'm going through. It's sort of a way to relieve some stress.'' NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, in Nashville on Saturday, was asked about Jones' potential involvement in professional wrestling. "I haven't focused on that,'' he said. "He's going to have to determine what's in his best interest in the short term.'' Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Sunday night he expects TNA to make a formal announcement today "regarding the relationship (Jones) has agreed to with TNA." Robinson repeatedly has said Jones won't be wrestling, although he could be in the ring with a role that would include him in the action.
Post #: 38
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 1:30:25 AM   
Steve Lentz

[quote="Duane Sampson"]-- Pacman Signs with TNA Wrestling -- Mon Aug 6, 2007 The Nashville Tennessean reports suspended Titans CB Pacman Jones has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and he's expected to make numerous appearances as part of the deal, USA Today reported in today's editions. TNA is expected to make an official announcement today. Jones' first TNA appearance is Thursday (Spike TV, 8 p.m.), and his first match is reported to be no later than TNA's No Surrender pay-per-view on Sept. 9 in Orlando. The Titans open the regular season Sept. 9 in Jacksonville. Jones was quoted as saying that wrestling is "something to do, to keep me out of the streets while I have my little off-time from my real job, and, I'm a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try." "I think wrestling is a great sport,'' he said. "You don't really give (wrestling) much (credit) until you get in (the ring) and try it.'' Plus, "it will help get my mind off a lot of stuff that I'm going through. It's sort of a way to relieve some stress.'' NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, in Nashville on Saturday, was asked about Jones' potential involvement in professional wrestling. "I haven't focused on that,'' he said. "He's going to have to determine what's in his best interest in the short term.'' Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Sunday night he expects TNA to make a formal announcement today "regarding the relationship (Jones) has agreed to with TNA." Robinson repeatedly has said Jones won't be wrestling, although he could be in the ring with a role that would include him in the action. [/quote] Just another clown in the big carnival. Certainly no Crusher or Hulk. :lol:
Post #: 39
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 1:50:42 AM   
Ian Joseph

[quote="Steve Lentz"][quote="Duane Sampson"]-- Pacman Signs with TNA Wrestling -- Mon Aug 6, 2007 The Nashville Tennessean reports suspended Titans CB Pacman Jones has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and he's expected to make numerous appearances as part of the deal, USA Today reported in today's editions. TNA is expected to make an official announcement today. Jones' first TNA appearance is Thursday (Spike TV, 8 p.m.), and his first match is reported to be no later than TNA's No Surrender pay-per-view on Sept. 9 in Orlando. The Titans open the regular season Sept. 9 in Jacksonville. Jones was quoted as saying that wrestling is "something to do, to keep me out of the streets while I have my little off-time from my real job, and, I'm a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try." "I think wrestling is a great sport,'' he said. "You don't really give (wrestling) much (credit) until you get in (the ring) and try it.'' Plus, "it will help get my mind off a lot of stuff that I'm going through. It's sort of a way to relieve some stress.'' NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, in Nashville on Saturday, was asked about Jones' potential involvement in professional wrestling. "I haven't focused on that,'' he said. "He's going to have to determine what's in his best interest in the short term.'' Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Sunday night he expects TNA to make a formal announcement today "regarding the relationship (Jones) has agreed to with TNA." Robinson repeatedly has said Jones won't be wrestling, although he could be in the ring with a role that would include him in the action. [/quote] Just another clown in the big carnival. Certainly no Crusher or Hulk. :lol:[/quote] He didnt even sign with the heavyweight promotion. I am a pro wrestling fan and TNA is an upstart promotion that is operating in the hopes of competing with the WWE. Honestly, it almost feels like a desperation move by that company to sign Pacman, in the hopes it gets people to watch. Whatever.
Post #: 40
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 2:42:30 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Tim Cady"]Bill Walsh great guy. Genius label fit. With that said, Burnsie started the West Coast offense in the 70's. Bob Schnelker, butt of many jokes in Minnesota was actually the first coach to script plays. ESPN never lets accuracy get in their way. Walsh should what the offense could do with great players, the success was still predicated by a strong defense on the other side of the ball.[/quote] Walsh had installed it before then for the Bengals I believe
Post #: 41
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 4:01:17 AM   
Ian Joseph

Falcons | Elling waived Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:33:49 -0700 The Atlanta Falcons have announced they have waived PK Aaron Elling. Aww shucks. Another Mike Tice favorite bites the dust. Were we fielding JV teams?
Post #: 42
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 4:49:05 AM   
Steve Lentz

[quote="Ian Joseph"][quote="Steve Lentz"][quote="Duane Sampson"]-- Pacman Signs with TNA Wrestling -- Mon Aug 6, 2007 The Nashville Tennessean reports suspended Titans CB Pacman Jones has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and he's expected to make numerous appearances as part of the deal, USA Today reported in today's editions. TNA is expected to make an official announcement today. Jones' first TNA appearance is Thursday (Spike TV, 8 p.m.), and his first match is reported to be no later than TNA's No Surrender pay-per-view on Sept. 9 in Orlando. The Titans open the regular season Sept. 9 in Jacksonville. Jones was quoted as saying that wrestling is "something to do, to keep me out of the streets while I have my little off-time from my real job, and, I'm a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try." "I think wrestling is a great sport,'' he said. "You don't really give (wrestling) much (credit) until you get in (the ring) and try it.'' Plus, "it will help get my mind off a lot of stuff that I'm going through. It's sort of a way to relieve some stress.'' NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, in Nashville on Saturday, was asked about Jones' potential involvement in professional wrestling. "I haven't focused on that,'' he said. "He's going to have to determine what's in his best interest in the short term.'' Attorney Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said Sunday night he expects TNA to make a formal announcement today "regarding the relationship (Jones) has agreed to with TNA." Robinson repeatedly has said Jones won't be wrestling, although he could be in the ring with a role that would include him in the action. [/quote] Just another clown in the big carnival. Certainly no Crusher or Hulk. :lol:[/quote] He didnt even sign with the heavyweight promotion. I am a pro wrestling fan and TNA is an upstart promotion that is operating in the hopes of competing with the WWE. Honestly, it almost feels like a desperation move by that company to sign Pacman, in the hopes it gets people to watch. Whatever.[/quote] With his history I'd like to see him in one of my favorite sports, Ultimate Fighting.
Post #: 43
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 2:44:52 PM   
Duane Sampson

www.mysanantonio.com McCombs eyeing an eventual return to NFL Billionaire businessman B.J. "Red" McCombs said Monday he might be back in the NFL soon. McCombs, former owner of the Minnesota Vikings, visited training camp as a guest of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. "I've been working on a deal quietly lately that does involve football," McCombs said. "I don't know where it will take us, but we'll see." McCombs declined to discuss specifics. He also said he turned down an opportunity to become involved with the new league spearheaded by Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. "I miss (the NFL) very much," McCombs said. "I loved every minute of it."
Post #: 44
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 3:18:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Golly, I wonder which unfortunate franchise will end up with that nightmare.
Post #: 45
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 7:05:46 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago
Post #: 46
RE:NFL News - 8/7/2007 8:23:39 PM   
djskillz

[quote="Jeff Jesser"]Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago, Please be Chicago[/quote] Hehehehe
Post #: 47
RE:NFL News - 8/8/2007 2:57:30 PM   
Duane Sampson

PacMan Preview! :lol:
Post #: 48
RE:NFL News - 8/8/2007 4:36:24 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Bucs, Broncos both seek grievance against Plummer By STEPHEN F. HOLDER, Times Staff Writer Published August 8, 2007 LAKE BUENA VISTA -- Looks like the Jake Plummer experiment is over. The Bucs, in tandem with the Broncos, have filed a grievance against the quarterback for the return of a prorated portion of his signing bonus based on a breach of contract. The move effectively ends any chance Plummer will play for the Bucs. Plummer, 32, was traded from Denver to Tampa Bay in March but said at the time he planned to retire from the NFL. However, the Bucs own his rights and contract and believe they have the right to recoup money paid to Plummer in a lump sum after he signed his contract because he did not fulfill the five-year commitment. The Bucs continued to hold out hope Plummer would report, with coach Jon Gruden traveling to the player's native Idaho to make a face-to-face appeal over the summer. But once the start of training camp came, the Bucs indicated they intended to take advantage of any remedies available to them. The teams are seeking a sum of about $7-million, but the matter will have to go through arbitration to be settled. That likely will take several months. The Broncos are believed to have joined forces with the Bucs to avoid questions as to whether the Bucs have a legal right to money originally paid by the Broncos. It's possible the teams have an agreement under which the Broncos would send their portion of any recouped money to Tampa Bay.
Post #: 49
RE:NFL News - 8/8/2007 5:25:49 PM   
Duane Sampson

Ricky eyes a comeback
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode