Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/26/2007 7:01:18 PM   
djskillz

[quote="John Childress"][quote="djskilbr"]Ya, you guys are nuts. Talk about high standards![/quote]Talk about lying Like anyone would kick her out of bed[/quote] hehe very true.
Post #: 51
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/27/2007 2:22:26 AM   
Steve Lentz

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="John Childress"][quote="djskilbr"]Ya, you guys are nuts. Talk about high standards![/quote]Talk about lying Like anyone would kick her out of bed[/quote] hehe very true.[/quote] Like anyone here could get her in bed! :lol:
Post #: 52
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/27/2007 8:09:01 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="So.Mn.Fan"][quote="Steve Lentz"]Cut down the preseason. Inform Madden he's not related to a certain GB qb. No rules on cheerleader uniforms. :lol:[/quote] We have a clear-cut winner. Rubber-stamp these three immediately. :itsgood:[/quote] No doubt. This isn't necessarily a "league-wide" rule, but I say that the Vikings/Bucs should trade cheerleaders. Rachel Watson specifically. :D[/quote] Rachel Watson.... :clap: [/quote] ATTN: Cheeseball Craig... While I aint a fan of yours, your post was the best one you've done!
Post #: 53
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/27/2007 8:11:54 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Andy Lowe"]I don't like her nose [quote="El Duderino"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"]Rachel Watson.... :clap: [/quote] Hard to argue with that![/quote][/quote] ATTN: Andy... You are so superficial. You don't like her nose? When Rachel's head is hitting the bedboard, it won't matter. :nodding:
Post #: 54
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/27/2007 8:20:20 PM   
Chicken Legs

OK....back to the topic of things I'd like to see changed in the NFL: (1) Take the dress and high heels off the QB. This crap about being outside the OT allows HER to ground the ball. (Think someone already brought this up.) (2) Instant Replay? Why are some plays allowed to be reviewed, and some plays are NOT allowed to be reviewed....depending on the time of the game? Make it 100% - either way! (Probably someone brought this up) (3) MY SUGGESTION: In the FIRST month and LAST month of the season....you play NOTHING but divisional opponents. That way you know how good or bad you are opening us the season OR you know what your team needs to do late in the season. So, when Minnesota is battling Chicago in mid-December, I don't what the Packers playing at home vs. Houston. (4) MY SUGGESTION: ALLOW blocking below the waist on ALL plays. This crap about not allowing it on punts and KOs....is pure crap. Play the damn game!
Post #: 55
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/28/2007 3:06:56 AM   
thebigo

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="So.Mn.Fan"][quote="Steve Lentz"]Cut down the preseason. Inform Madden he's not related to a certain GB qb. No rules on cheerleader uniforms. :lol:[/quote] We have a clear-cut winner. Rubber-stamp these three immediately. :itsgood:[/quote] No doubt. This isn't necessarily a "league-wide" rule, but I say that the Vikings/Bucs should trade cheerleaders. Rachel Watson specifically. :D[/quote] Rachel Watson.... :clap: [/quote] Where's the smilie with just one hand clapping? :lol:
Post #: 56
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/28/2007 3:53:48 AM   
djskillz

I like the scheduling thoughts. I would also stop with this ridiculous unbalanced schedule. Find a more fair way to do it. Don't reward bad teams by giving them easy schedules, and don't punish good teams by giving them ridiculously tough ones. Make it as fair as you can for ALL teams. (course I guess that's the conservative in me talking. :whistling: )
Post #: 57
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 12:59:28 AM   
John Childress

Get rid of the Patriots They are so good that their games are boring
Post #: 58
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 2:45:28 AM   
David Levine

[quote="djskilbr"]I like the scheduling thoughts. I would also stop with this ridiculous unbalanced schedule. Find a more fair way to do it. Don't reward bad teams by giving them easy schedules, and don't punish good teams by giving them ridiculously tough ones. Make it as fair as you can for ALL teams. (course I guess that's the conservative in me talking. :whistling: )[/quote] There are only two games based on previou years record. The other 14 are determined years in advance.
Post #: 59
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 3:17:08 AM   
LEATHERFACE47

If that rachel watson was in my living room, wearing that outfit, and saying "honey, I will do ANYTHING your little heart desires, I would have to say "Excuse me ma'am. but you're in front of the tv and I can't watch Childress's awesome coaching skills, so please move out of the way............besides, the vikings are only down 38-3, so im sure some excellent 3 yrd dumpoff passes are in the offing"!!!!
Post #: 60
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 3:33:45 AM   
djskillz

[quote="John Childress"]Get rid of the Patriots They are so good that their games are boring[/quote] I agree JC. I'm seriously not sure why we're even watching the rest of this season. They'll roll over the Colts too IMO.
Post #: 61
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 4:17:57 AM   
John Childress

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="John Childress"]Get rid of the Patriots They are so good that their games are boring[/quote] I agree JC. I'm seriously not sure why we're even watching the rest of this season. They'll roll over the Colts too IMO.[/quote] If they do I am done Plus LT was right - they don't have class. Do you think at 38-0 you can call the dogs off?
Post #: 62
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 4:31:06 AM   
djskillz

I never got the "running up the score argument" actually JC. Personally, I was always pissed off as an athlete when the other team DID let up. I'd rather they give me their best shot all game than "take pity" on me. I have no problem with what the Pats are doing. Play your best all the time. Don't let up. If a team wants to bitch about it, don't. Just shutup and get better! Just my two cents on that one. I really think they'll beat the Colts by at least 2 TD's. The defense is just NOW rounding into form. And they're better at EVERY position to me.
Post #: 63
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 4:57:22 AM   
Lynn G.

When they pull Brady and put in the back-up, that says they're not running up the score.
Post #: 64
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 5:09:15 AM   
djskillz

[quote="Lynn G."]When they pull Brady and put in the back-up, that says they're not running up the score.[/quote] True. It didn't even matter. Cassel was still killing them too.
Post #: 65
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 6:51:17 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="djskilbr"]I never got the "running up the score argument" actually JC. Personally, I was always pissed off as an athlete when the other team DID let up. I'd rather they give me their best shot all game than "take pity" on me. I have no problem with what the Pats are doing. Play your best all the time. Don't let up. If a team wants to bitch about it, don't. Just shutup and get better! Just my two cents on that one. I really think they'll beat the Colts by at least 2 TD's. The defense is just NOW rounding into form. And they're better at EVERY position to me.[/quote] I'll say what I said in another thread. If the Patriots want to keep Brady in when they are up that much or go for it on 4th down, Shut up and get dirtier. Screw penalties. You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill. first guy hit high second guy go for the knees. That will send a clear message to the other team that they need to back the hell off. They will start thinking they don't want to risk the rest of the season just to run up the score.
Post #: 66
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 8:33:58 PM   
John Childress

"You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill." I am not going for the knees but when they do that I am sending at least 7 men to hit Brady AND I tell them take the 15 yarder. We need Buddy Ryan back in the NFL I would not tell them to deliberately injure by going for the knees but I would knock him out with a shot to the ribs whether he has the ball or not.
Post #: 67
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 9:08:30 PM   
djskillz

I completely disagree. Give me your best shot all game and then I RESPECT you. "Take it easy" on me and I feel like a jerkoff.
Post #: 68
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/29/2007 9:12:40 PM   
John Childress

It is hard for Brady to throw bombs to Moss if his ribs are broken.
Post #: 69
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/30/2007 12:10:43 AM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="John Childress"]"You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill." I am not going for the knees but when they do that I am sending at least 7 men to hit Brady AND I tell them take the 15 yarder. We need Buddy Ryan back in the NFL I would not tell them to deliberately injure by going for the knees but I would knock him out with a shot to the ribs whether he has the ball or not.[/quote] ATTN: Johnny C... I agree. You don't deliberately hurt a player.....but, you play SO PHYSICAL, that an injury to this player is a given! Buddy Ryan was great. He even TRIED to take out the Cowgirls kicker (at the start of the game) back in 1988 or 1989.
Post #: 70
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/30/2007 1:37:49 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="John Childress"]"You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill." I am not going for the knees but when they do that I am sending at least 7 men to hit Brady AND I tell them take the 15 yarder. We need Buddy Ryan back in the NFL I would not tell them to deliberately injure by going for the knees but I would knock him out with a shot to the ribs whether he has the ball or not.[/quote] ATTN: Johnny C... I agree. You don't deliberately hurt a player.....but, you play SO PHYSICAL, that an injury to this player is a given! Buddy Ryan was great. He even TRIED to take out the Cowgirls kicker (at the start of the game) back in 1988 or 1989.[/quote] Teams did it all the time on Warren Moon and Jeff George when they played in the run and shoot. Do the rules change because it is Golden Boy "get models pregnant" Tom Brady? I think not.
Post #: 71
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/30/2007 2:13:17 AM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="John Childress"]"You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill." I am not going for the knees but when they do that I am sending at least 7 men to hit Brady AND I tell them take the 15 yarder. We need Buddy Ryan back in the NFL I would not tell them to deliberately injure by going for the knees but I would knock him out with a shot to the ribs whether he has the ball or not.[/quote] ATTN: Johnny C... I agree. You don't deliberately hurt a player.....but, you play SO PHYSICAL, that an injury to this player is a given! Buddy Ryan was great. He even TRIED to take out the Cowgirls kicker (at the start of the game) back in 1988 or 1989.[/quote] Teams did it all the time on Warren Moon and Jeff George when they played in the run and shoot. Do the rules change because it is Golden Boy "get models pregnant" Tom Brady? I think not.[/quote] In those days there weren't skirts on the QB and there wouldn't be a penalty. I would take the 15 yd penalty and let them know we don't appreciate it. They would think twice about leaving him in too long.
Post #: 72
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/30/2007 3:17:40 PM   
John Childress

Exactly You don't try to end the guy's career or season but he must feel some pain.
Post #: 73
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 10/31/2007 4:25:36 AM   
Andy Lowe

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="Andy Lowe"]I don't like her nose [quote="El Duderino"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"]Rachel Watson.... :clap: [/quote] Hard to argue with that![/quote][/quote] ATTN: Andy... You are so superficial. You don't like her nose? When Rachel's head is hitting the bedboard, it won't matter. :nodding:[/quote] Thom, believe me......in truth, her nose is just fine!
Post #: 74
RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL - 11/1/2007 6:08:09 AM   
thebigo

[quote="Jim Frenette"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="John Childress"]"You're up 45-0 and going for it on 4th down? You just ended your QBs season. I am sending the house with instructions to kill." I am not going for the knees but when they do that I am sending at least 7 men to hit Brady AND I tell them take the 15 yarder. We need Buddy Ryan back in the NFL I would not tell them to deliberately injure by going for the knees but I would knock him out with a shot to the ribs whether he has the ball or not.[/quote] ATTN: Johnny C... I agree. You don't deliberately hurt a player.....but, you play SO PHYSICAL, that an injury to this player is a given! Buddy Ryan was great. He even TRIED to take out the Cowgirls kicker (at the start of the game) back in 1988 or 1989.[/quote] Teams did it all the time on Warren Moon and Jeff George when they played in the run and shoot. Do the rules change because it is Golden Boy "get models pregnant" Tom Brady? I think not.[/quote] In those days there weren't skirts on the QB and there wouldn't be a penalty. I would take the 15 yd penalty and let them know we don't appreciate it. They would think twice about leaving him in too long.[/quote] And with an insurmountable lead, do you think the Pats are not going to get their payback?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:What 3 things would you do to improve the NFL Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode