Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Da Bears

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Da Bears - 9/17/2007 11:26:06 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Hey guys...you think the Vikes offense is bad? Think about this. In 8 Quarters, the only offensive TD the Bears have scored...was a 2 yd tackle eligible pass reception. Yep. the only TD the Bears O has been able to score was scored by an OLineman on a gadget play. All other scores have either been Devin Hester punt returns or FGs.
Post #: 26
RE:Da Bears - 9/18/2007 3:12:12 AM   
Todd M

That does make me feel better.
Post #: 27
RE:Da Bears - 9/18/2007 2:10:13 PM   
Duane Sampson

Lovie Smith Tries Not to Blame Grossman Tue Sep 18, 2007 The Chicago Tribune reports Bears HC Lovie Smith raved about the play of his defense and special teams against Kansas City. He commended RB Cedric Benson for running the football "the Chicago Bears way." But when it came time to reflect on the passing game—specifically, the two interceptions QB Rex Grossman threw Sunday—Smith took an extended pause, trying to find the right words to describe a difficult situation. "The turnovers on the offensive side are something we have to eliminate. It's as simple as that," Smith said Monday. "Passing game-wise, we didn't get a lot done with it. And we have to eliminate the turnovers in order for us to go to that next step." With the high-scoring Cowboys (2-0) coming to town Sunday night, the Bears (1-1) had better find a solution. They have accumulated seven turnovers in two games, including three Grossman interceptions. And this is a Bears team that tied for fourth in the league with a plus-8 turnover margin last season. Grossman has reverted to his bad habits, Olsen hasn't played because of a knee injury and Hester has made more of a contribution as a return man than as a receiver. As of Monday, Grossman ranked 32nd of 35 quarterbacks in passer rating. Smith is optimistic Olsen will be back soon, maybe even Sunday. Will that be enough to bail out Grossman? Probably not. But Smith continues to support his quarterback and will not single him out as a scapegoat. Lovie, keep up the good work. I hate the Bears! :lol:
Post #: 28
RE:Da Bears - 9/18/2007 7:18:03 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I still can't believe "Brian Greise Dick" isn't the starter on that team. I thought he would get inserted by week 7 last year.
Post #: 29
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 5:31:47 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Despite being the second-lowest-rated starting quarterback in the NFL, Rex Grossman didn't expect his demotion to backup quarterback that coach Lovie Smith made official Wednesday. "I was surprised but [felt] frustration," Grossman said after his first day of practice as the No. 2 quarterback. "You have to move on and realize at any point you could be back out there. If that's the case, I'll play my best and get a rhythm going." Grossman assured Brian Griese "there were no hard feelings," and Griese empathized with the man he replaced and shared a story about the time he was replaced in Denver. The move still bothered Grossman but he rejected the idea that sitting out will provide him a mental breather. Grossman did face the new reality of his NFL career head-on by addressing the situation instead of hiding from a media he believes has been unfair to him. "I'm frustrated, but at the same time I had a job to do and I'm going to prepare as if I'm starting and be ready if needed," Grossman said. "I can't really comment on the decision. All I can do is do my job." His job now is to support Griese "with anything he wants me to do," and be prepared in the event of an injury. He's surprised :lol:
Post #: 30
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 6:03:12 PM   
Lynn G.

Bears fans are surprised too .... that it took this long.
Post #: 31
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 7:48:45 PM   
John Childress

Well the Bears may have some good free agent/trade QB options next year Derek Anderson Daunte Culpepper Donovan McNabb Brooks Bollinger
Post #: 32
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 7:57:55 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Brooks Bollinger JC? :rofl: Good one :beer: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In that line of thinking, perhaps we should trade the Bears Bollinger for Grossman. BUAHAHAHAHA
Post #: 33
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:11:24 PM   
Jeff Jesser

That's like having the choice of a punch in the face or a kick in the nads. No thanks to either.
Post #: 34
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:24:35 PM   
Toby Stumbo

I'll take the punch in the face thank you.
Post #: 35
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:39:00 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's a tough one to decide for sure.
Post #: 36
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:39:33 PM   
Jeff Jesser

BTW- LOL, don't you work?
Post #: 37
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:44:22 PM   
Toby Stumbo

It's not tough for me my man! One hurts much worse than the other :shock: Yes I work, I'm at work right now :) I just get a lot of lag time between actual work. Keeps me bored off my ass :(
Post #: 38
RE:Da Bears - 9/27/2007 8:49:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I gotcha. I work for an ISP so i'm just testing out our product :D
Post #: 39
RE:Da Bears - 9/28/2007 2:57:35 PM   
Duane Sampson

Careful What You Wish For, Bears Fans. Posted by Signal to Noise on September 25th, 2007 http://s2nblog.wordpress.com As soon as the Chicago crowd on Sunday night started screaming “GRIESE! GRIESE! GRIESE!” after Rex Grossman’s second interception of the night, I began to get a very sick feeling in my stomach — and I’m sure most Bronco fans got the exact same queasiness. We’ve been here before, we know what putting faith into the shaky hands of Brian Griese is like, and we had him when he was younger and less battered by age and injury. Yes, Lovie Smith would probably be well advised to go with Brian, but I wouldn’t expect the Bears to be significantly better with him than they were with Grossman. He won’t lose games for you, but he won’t be able to produce the necessary wins when you need them either. That’s not going to take a hell of a lot of pressure off your defense. It means a 7-9 or 8-8 season rather than a 5-11 or 6-10, but the odds of missing the playoffs are still pretty good, and you all believe you should be getting to the Super Bowl again. Let’s review his seasons in Denver as the full time starter (statistics via Pro Football Reference): 1999 - 6-10 season for the Broncos, 14 games played. 14 TDs, 14 INTs, over 3,000 yards. Not bad for a first year starter despite the bad record and INTs, but missing two games should have been a sign of things to come. 2000 - 11-5, Griese’s sole Pro Bowl season. Lost six games to injury. Threw 19 picks to 4 INTs, lost to the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs. 2001 - 8-8, only missed one game this season. Threw 23 TDs to 19 INTs, didn’t make the playoffs that year. Everyone figured he’d catch on. 2002 - 9-7, regressed despite the better team record and missed the playoffs again. Missed 3 games. Had a 1:1 TD/INT ratio yet again, throwing 15 of each, and after that, the Rat Fink had enough, having produced 1,000 yard rushers only to see his quarterback return to performance more along the lines of his first starting season. For all his faults, the Broncos decided to throw in their lot with Jake Plummer after that 2002 season, because while Griese could get you a decent record, he couldn’t win games for you at all. Plummer could certainly lose them, but he could also win them — and while you may be thinking, “Well, Brian Griese won’t lose games in the way Rex Grossman did,” you’re right, but he isn’t capable of helping you win them as a starter. His ACL snapping in Tampa Bay during a renaissance was the final straw. So, you probably have no choice in Chicago but to deal with Brian Griese. Cedric Benson will have to remember not to fumble and tote it for 100+ per game. Berrian and Muhammad can’t drop anything at all, because their quarterback, despite his virtues of not being a complete f*ck-up, isn’t anything resembling a playmaker. Enjoy making the playoffs by the skin of your teeth and then losing in the first round — which means you won’t be able to improve much by getting a top blue-chipper QB in the draft, either. Better hope Kyle Orton is still salvageable.
Post #: 40
RE:Da Bears - 9/28/2007 4:05:26 PM   
John Childress

I said it on draft day and it still applies Cedric "THE BUST" Benson I am so glad that we did not draft that slug. I am happy that Da Bears let Thomas Jones go instead of him! Benson is averaging 3.2 yards per carry, longest run is 13 yards, and 2 lost fumbles in 3 games! If he keeps this up Adrian Peterson will be starting. Lovie Smith must be the "Gentle Buddy Ryan" because he is clueless about offense. Start Griese and Benson?
Post #: 41
RE:Da Bears - 9/28/2007 4:51:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Starting Grossman would be better? IMHO, he took way to long to give the boy the hook on that one.
Post #: 42
RE:Da Bears - 9/28/2007 5:15:36 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Trekgeekscott"]Starting Grossman would be better? IMHO, he took way to long to give the boy the hook on that one.[/quote] No, they should have went after a QB in the offseason.
Post #: 43
RE:Da Bears - 9/29/2007 7:35:31 AM   
djskillz

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Trekgeekscott"]Starting Grossman would be better? IMHO, he took way to long to give the boy the hook on that one.[/quote] No, they should have went after a QB in the offseason.[/quote] The Bears had a CHANCE to beat an overrated Colts team and win it all last year if they even just went with Griese at halftime. I still think they should have. As for Adrian Peterson, wouldn't that be crazy? I'd love to see what the radio guys would do when we play the Bears.
Post #: 44
RE:Da Bears - 9/29/2007 5:20:50 PM   
John Childress

I have never liked Benson There were rumors that we were going to draft that slug Thank goodness
Post #: 45
RE:Da Bears - 10/1/2007 12:10:42 AM   
David Levine

Bears gave up 34 points in the 4th quarter!!!! :shock:
Post #: 46
RE:Da Bears - 10/1/2007 12:13:09 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Griese didn't help much did he.
Post #: 47
RE:Da Bears - 10/1/2007 12:16:49 AM   
djskillz

[quote="David Levine"]Bears gave up 34 points in the 4th quarter!!!! :shock:[/quote] Did Tommie Harris end up playing today? Their defense is NOT good without him. HE makes that defense go. In fact, I will go as far as to say that they ARE the worst team in the division without him. Heck, they might be the worst team in the division WITH him.
Post #: 48
RE:Da Bears - 10/1/2007 7:17:09 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Toby Stumbo"]Griese didn't help much did he.[/quote] They were down by 3 with 45 seconds to go. If Rex had played, I guarantee they would have never led the entire game. Just goes to show what can happen if you stick with a truly bad QB for too long. It's not like rest of the players just go into a cryogenic freeze while waiting for things to get worked out. You stick with a pathetic QB for too long, without doing anything about it, and the rest of the players... get older, get hurt, lose confidence in the coaches, get frustrated, change their priorities since the coaches don't seem to have winning as their priority.... Whatever the Vikes do, they need to at least attempt to fix the QB situation. If that means playing Jackson, so be it. If he plays as horribly as he did the first couple games, tho, they have to try something else. You cannot play a 35 QB rating guy every week no matter what. He has got to show improvement, not to mention stay healthy.
Post #: 49
RE:Da Bears - 10/1/2007 7:38:36 AM   
djskillz

Ya, I agree. If TJack doesn't show ability by the end of this year, we need to make a switch.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode