Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Da Bears

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Da Bears - 11/15/2007 5:21:36 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Looks like Grossman is starting this week if anyone cares.
Post #: 51
RE:Da Bears - 11/15/2007 6:54:33 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="Toby Stumbo"]Looks like Grossman is starting this week if anyone cares.[/quote] It makes me feel, good to be honest, to know that the Vikings aren't the only team with a pathetic QB situation.
Post #: 52
RE:Da Bears - 11/15/2007 9:49:04 PM   
Lynn G.

The interesting thing is that this season, there are very few teams with GOOD quarterback situations. The struggling ones are the norm. We're not even close to the only ones dealing with this.
Post #: 53
RE:Da Bears - 12/11/2007 11:28:40 PM   
Lynn G.

I wonder how much the departure of Ron Rivera has caused the collapse of the Bears this season?
Post #: 54
RE:Da Bears - 12/11/2007 11:40:44 PM   
Duane Sampson

My Bear fan buds always have said that Mike Brown was the reason their defense played so well. They sure seem to be right. When he got hurt last year and without him this year, they aren't the same.
Post #: 55
RE:Da Bears - 12/11/2007 11:46:17 PM   
El Duderino

I think Tank Johnson's departure also was a big factor. They went from having a run D pretty much equal to what we have this year to the 27th in the league. That's a BIG difference. Also, I think Tommie Harris has been banged up, and he was a big factor both against the run and pass last year.
Post #: 56
RE:Da Bears - 12/11/2007 11:59:57 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="Duane Sampson"]My Bear fan buds always have said that Mike Brown was the reason their defense played so well. They sure seem to be right. When he got hurt last year and without him this year, they aren't the same.[/quote] Interesting how the play of one safety can change a defense so dramatically. Just like the Colts with Bob Sanders. Without that guy they aren't anywhere near the same D.
Post #: 57
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/16/2008 2:07:24 PM   
Duane Sampson

Devin Hester Looking for Top Money
Wed Apr 16, 2008

The Chicago Sun-Times reports appearing Tuesday on the NFL Network's “Total Access,” Deion Sanders said his friend, Bears KR Devin Hester, is unhappy with his contract. “They're looking for tremendous things from this guy, Devin Hester, but Devin Hester isn't happy with his contract and he deserves to be paid amongst the league's best." The Bears have $16 million in salary-cap room and would like to extend Hester and DT Tommie Harris. They're nowhere near that goal right now. The good thing is there are still five months until the season begins.
Post #: 58
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/16/2008 2:09:56 PM   
Lynn G.

We've got money.  Come on over here Devin.  

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 59
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/16/2008 2:34:20 PM   
Duane Sampson

Post #: 60
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/16/2008 2:35:14 PM   
Lynn G.

EXCELLENT!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 61
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/20/2008 1:23:15 PM   
Duane Sampson

Bears to Work to Extend Devin Hester this Week
    Sun Apr 20, 2008

The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Bears will get down to business with KR/WR Devin Hester's agent, Eugene Parker, this week and try to reach a long-term deal. No agreement is imminent, but with talks stalled on a deal with DT Tommie Harris, the Bears are aggressively moving to accomplish what the offseason goal has been all along -- rewarding players already at Halas Hall. One source said the team will ''look at it more seriously with a little more urgency.'' The Bears first approached Parker about Hester at the combine when they put the wraps on a contract for QB Rex Grossman, and the sides have had discussions since. It's a complicated matter because there aren't any comparable deals to shape money talks. Hester is unparalleled in NFL history as a returner, and HC Lovie Smith says he has the skills to develop as a No. 1 receiver. If Hester develops on offense this season, his value is only going to increase. He already has meant plenty when it comes to points. He has scored more touchdowns the last two seasons than anyone else and is directly responsible for at least a handful of Bears victories. Hester will earn a base salary of $445,000 this season and is on the books for $530,000 in 2009.
Post #: 62
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/21/2008 1:41:12 PM   
Duane Sampson

Brian Urlacher Believes He's Outplayed His Contract
Mon Apr 21, 2008

The Chicago Tribune reports the latest stir back at Halas Hall involves LB Brian Urlacher contract situation and how he has opted to stay away from voluntary workouts with his teammates, in part because he wants Bears management to show more appreciation. He's uncertain about attending a mandatory mini-camp scheduled for the end of May, but Urlacher won't go as far as to declare himself a holdout. He remains adamant, however, about not reporting until his situation is resolved. "I do feel like I've outplayed my contract, with the way the salary cap has moved," Urlacher says, referring to the nine-year, $57 million deal he signed in 2003 that included $13 million in bonus money. The salary cap now stands at $116.7 million compared with $75 million when he inked his long-term deal. Urlacher, still considered one of the NFL's best linebackers, has made the Pro Bowl six times in his eight NFL seasons. He turns 30 next month. "I realize I signed a contract five years ago," he said. "But you know what, what happens when a guy signs an eight-year contract and he gets hurt the second year? They cut him the next year. What happens if a guy signs an eight-year contract and he plays like crap the first three years? They cut him. So when a guy plays great five or six years into his contract, what's wrong with rewarding him with a new deal? Is there a difference?"
Post #: 63
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/23/2008 1:59:50 PM   
Duane Sampson

Bears Won't Budge on Contract Offer to Brian Urlacher
Wed Apr 23, 2008

ESPN reports Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo indicated Tuesday that the team won't budge off its contract offer to LB Brian Urlacher, who has been skipping the team's voluntary workouts while seeking a contract extension. "You're not going to have one big happy family," Angelo told reporters. "You who have kids and raise families understand it doesn't happen in your homes, and it certainly isn't going to happen at Halas Hall when you have 53 kids and we have to make every one of them happy. It's just not reality." According to Chicago-area published reports, Urlacher, currently signed through 2011, has been offered a one-year extension with a $5 million guaranteed signing bonus and an extra $1 million per year if he plays 85 percent of the team's defensive snaps. Urlacher, whose current deal is for nine years and $56 million, including a $13 million signing bonus, wants a multiyear extension with more guaranteed money, according to reports.
Post #: 64
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/23/2008 2:00:50 PM   
Duane Sampson

I love signing star players while the Bears are falling apart.
Post #: 65
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 2:05:47 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Upcoming Trade Involving Derek Anderson, Brian Urlacher

According to the Northeastern Ohio Gazette, it has been reported that Derek Anderson, starting quarterback of the Cleveland Browns, will be traded to the Chicago Bears for the former pro-bowler linebacker Brian Urlacher. This will ultimately pave the way for Brady Quinn to start for the Browns in 2008. Chicago will inherit Anderson's 3-years, $24 million contract. Cleveland in turn will pick up Urlacher's long-term deal which consists of 9-years, $56.56 million contract and have promised Urlacher's agent that a new, restructured contract will soon be underway. An official press conference will be held tomorrow at noon.

Source: FanNation.com, Northeastern Ohio Gazette

GO VIKES!
Post #: 66
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 2:22:22 PM   
Duane Sampson

Lance Briggs Could be in More Trouble
Thu Apr 24, 2008

The Chicago Sun-Times reports Bears LB Lance Briggs, who made headlines last year after smashing his luxury car on the Edens Expy. and fleeing the scene, has ran afoul of the law again. Sneed is told Briggs, who was ordered to do 120 hours of community service and placed on probation, has only done two hours of community work and left the state without the judge's permission. Briggs has been ordered to return to court June 19 to explain to Judge Earl Hoffenberg why he left the state without permission and how he plans to complete his community service within the next five months.

They're falling apart.
Post #: 67
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 2:32:45 PM   
Lynn G.

I'd hate to see the Bears get Derek Anderson.

Post #: 68
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 2:33:32 PM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Upcoming Trade Involving Derek Anderson, Brian Urlacher

According to the Northeastern Ohio Gazette, it has been reported that Derek Anderson, starting quarterback of the Cleveland Browns, will be traded to the Chicago Bears for the former pro-bowler linebacker Brian Urlacher. This will ultimately pave the way for Brady Quinn to start for the Browns in 2008. Chicago will inherit Anderson's 3-years, $24 million contract. Cleveland in turn will pick up Urlacher's long-term deal which consists of 9-years, $56.56 million contract and have promised Urlacher's agent that a new, restructured contract will soon be underway. An official press conference will be held tomorrow at noon.

Source: FanNation.com, Northeastern Ohio Gazette

You couldn't pull this one off on April Fool's Day!
Post #: 69
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 7:06:57 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I'd hate to see the Bears get Derek Anderson.

Well, he beats Grossman, but I'm not that worried.  We're better at EVERY other position on the field save TE, especially if they are trading Urlacher.

Very interesting trade for both teams though. 

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 70
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 7:20:47 PM   
David Levine

It's not a rumor. The "Northeastern Ohio Gazette" doesn't exist.
Post #: 71
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 7:42:30 PM   
Lynn G.

So you're telling us it's a spoof.

I'm extremely gullible. 

Post #: 72
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 8:14:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I was watching NFL live (was on while dinner was being made) and they had some segment which had the Bears owner basically serenading Urlacher at a media event.  It was bizzare and creepy all in one.  Not sure what it was about.  
Post #: 73
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/24/2008 8:38:52 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I was watching NFL live (was on while dinner was being made) and they had some segment which had the Bears owner basically serenading Urlacher at a media event.  It was bizzare and creepy all in one.  Not sure what it was about.  

Saw that too, Jeff, and had the same reaction.

Man Girlacher is overrated.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 74
RE: RE:Da Bears - 4/25/2008 6:50:45 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

So you're telling us it's a spoof.

I'm extremely gullible. 

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode