Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Packers - 7/8/2013 11:20:36 AM   
TheGonz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGonz

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/green-bay-packers-fans-love-picture-golden-tate-013749941.html

Green Bay fans still butthurt over a replacement official making the correct call in Seattle last year.

"Referees don't decide the outcome of football games." - Every Green Bay Packer fan ever to every Minnesota Vikings fan ever, every single week of every single season since 1961

They had plenty of calls go their way in that game...but the one at the end that went the wrong way...that's the one they complain about.

Yep. . .they also seem to forget that they could have gotten that first round bye with a win in Week 17, too. Had the Vikings with a 3rd-and-11 deep in their own territory in a tie game at the two-minute warning.

And that garbage defense of theirs just wasn't good enough to get it done.

Not bad for a team that those fans have done nothing but crap on for as long as they've been in existence.

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 2851
RE: The Packers - 7/8/2013 1:06:15 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/green-bay-packers-fans-love-picture-golden-tate-013749941.html

Green Bay fans still butthurt over a replacement official making the correct call in Seattle last year.

"Referees don't decide the outcome of football games." - Every Green Bay Packer fan ever to every Minnesota Vikings fan ever, every single week of every single season since 1961

They had plenty of calls go their way in that game...but the one at the end that went the wrong way...that's the one they complain about.

Yep. . .they also seem to forget that they could have gotten that first round bye with a win in Week 17, too. Had the Vikings with a 3rd-and-11 deep in their own territory in a tie game at the two-minute warning.

And that garbage defense of theirs just wasn't good enough to get it done.

Not bad for a team that those fans have done nothing but crap on for as long as they've been in existence.

And if they were a better team, they wouldn't have gotten torched by a running QB the week after they beat the Joe Webb "led" Vikings.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2852
RE: The Packers - 7/9/2013 9:36:35 PM   
marty

"What do you call a Vikings' player with Super Bowl ring ?

... - An ex-Packer"

It was bad enough hearing that joke today, but what was worse was seeing my brother in law posting on Facebook a picture of Packers that became Vikings and it said " 'I'm going to win a Super Bowl with the Vikings' said no exPacker EVER ".

.... It'll make it all the sweeter when the Vikes do finally win a SB.

< Message edited by marty -- 7/9/2013 9:37:37 PM >
Post #: 2853
RE: The Packers - 7/10/2013 7:49:58 AM   
Lynn G.

He's wrong from the start. Brett Favre specifically said that his goal when he joined the Vikings was to win a Superbowl. So the line about no exPacker ever saying that is crap.

Remind him that if he (or the author of that stupid line) have to lie to make a point - - - they don't have a point.
Post #: 2854
RE: The Packers - 7/11/2013 11:18:31 AM   
J Jeffreys

Lynn - Remind him that if he (or the author of that stupid line) have to lie to make a point - - - they don't have a point.

You tell 'em Lynn

Call me J
Post #: 2855
RE: The Packers - 7/13/2013 11:08:04 AM   
dogboy2889

Look at it this way. If either Bishop or Jennings pans out, it will be a fairly low-cost call on Spielman's part. Both men were huge players on that Packer SB win.

Ted Thompson is one of the best in finding quality players. Watching his waiver wire is good front-office work. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you cut bait.

And speaking of ex-Packers, Favre had lead one of the best chances in a Vikings team to win the Lombardi in '09. It was a Saints safety named Sharper that helped continue the curse with baldfaced dirty play and 'bounty' hits.

Sometimes the Packers do us good (Longwell, Favre), sometimes they're bums. They're still Packers in the green-and-gold and we must crush them at every turn.

Also, a quick reminder on Favre haters that believe he 'threw away' the game in OT: Five fumbles, 3 by AP, 1 by Harvin, 1 by Berrian. Game over dudes.
Post #: 2856
RE: The Packers - 7/13/2013 3:06:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogboy2889

Look at it this way. If either Bishop or Jennings pans out, it will be a fairly low-cost call on Spielman's part. Both men were huge players on that Packer SB win.

Ted Thompson is one of the best in finding quality players. Watching his waiver wire is good front-office work. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you cut bait.

And speaking of ex-Packers, Favre had lead one of the best chances in a Vikings team to win the Lombardi in '09. It was a Saints safety named Sharper that helped continue the curse with baldfaced dirty play and 'bounty' hits.

Sometimes the Packers do us good (Longwell, Favre), sometimes they're bums. They're still Packers in the green-and-gold and we must crush them at every turn.

Also, a quick reminder on Favre haters that believe he 'threw away' the game in OT: Five fumbles, 3 by AP, 1 by Harvin, 1 by Berrian. Game over dudes.

3 lost fumbles by the rest of the team, 2 INTs thrown by Favre. Including the "hero" throw INT to end regulation and our season with the Vikings already in long Longwell FG position, when he had an open field in front of him to make it a very likely makeable FG. But he pussed out. Game over dude.

Do you still wear your Viking Favre jersey on casual Fridays?

Longwell and Sharper. The only 2 ex-Packers that worked out for us that I could stomach.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 7/13/2013 3:08:14 PM >
Post #: 2857
RE: The Packers - 7/13/2013 3:07:51 PM   
Todd M

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in here who believes Favre threw away the game in OT.
Post #: 2858
RE: The Packers - 7/13/2013 3:14:02 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogboy2889

3 lost fumbles by the rest of the team, 2 INTs thrown by Favre.

Was on to that next.

Pretty far off. Good to have a reminder all the same.
Post #: 2859
RE: The Packers - 7/13/2013 3:16:59 PM   
Todd M

2 INT's 1 fumble lost by Favre. Berrian and Harvin with the other lost fumbles. AD with 2 and Reynaud with 1 fumble as well.
Post #: 2860
RE: The Packers - 7/22/2013 10:11:04 PM   
TheGonz

"I'd bet my salary on Ryan Braun being clean." - Aaron Rodgers

Yeah, good call. Idiot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-put-salary-ryan-braun-being-clean-235553423.html

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 2861
RE: The Packers - 7/23/2013 9:51:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

"I'd bet my salary on Ryan Braun being clean." - Aaron Rodgers

Yeah, good call. Idiot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-put-salary-ryan-braun-being-clean-235553423.html

I felt like he was betting me.
Back me on this.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2862
RE: The Packers - 7/23/2013 9:54:53 AM   
Lynn G.

I was going to say - I hope someone took him up on that bet.

I'm in your corner Scott.
Post #: 2863
RE: The Packers - 7/24/2013 9:10:07 PM   
Lynn G.

I guess today was the annual "shareholders" meeting for Packer fans who bought a piece of paper at some point in their lives.

When is the NFL going to put a stop to that team's preferred treatment when it comes to allowing them to raise money by selling paper? Every other team has to go through a legislative process (long and difficult) in order to get money to improve a facility, but the Packers get a special exemption. Is it going to take some kind of letter writing campaign to Goodell?
Post #: 2864
RE: The Packers - 8/2/2013 12:15:27 AM   
marty

I think GJ pretty much guaranteed the Pack will beat the Vikes in one of the meetings, maybe the Pack even gets the sweep. Wish he would have kept his mouth shut, the last thing the Vikes need is a motivated Rodgers when playing the Pack.

Rodgers and a couple of good WRs can beat the Vikes, and that is even after the Vikes have made several improvements. The Packers are NOT to be underestimated, and I think it was foolish for a poster to suggest in another thread that it's likely the Vikes sweep the Packers. It would be awesome, but I think it will take strong effort, and perhaps some luck.

IF Lacy is a stud, I think it's then VERY likely the Packers win the division, even if the Vikes have improved in about 5 different areas.
Post #: 2865
RE: The Packers - 8/2/2013 7:59:51 AM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I guess today was the annual "shareholders" meeting for Packer fans who bought a piece of paper at some point in their lives.

When is the NFL going to put a stop to that team's preferred treatment when it comes to allowing them to raise money by selling paper? Every other team has to go through a legislative process (long and difficult) in order to get money to improve a facility, but the Packers get a special exemption. Is it going to take some kind of letter writing campaign to Goodell?

Is there any legal or legislative hurdle in the Vikings offering their season ticket holders a certificate that allows them to attend a dinner, have a tour of the new stadium, and meet with certain players? I don't think there is. It's not like the the people buying them are unhappy with their purchases, they love that shit for some reason. It's basically a voluntary PSL. Other teams get this money in different ways, like charging $50 just to stay on the waiting list for season tickets, or charging thousands to pass on tickets.

The only thing that is unfair about it is that most other NFL cities/fans wouldn't buy them in enough quantity to make it worthwhile. I think if Goodell could have every team run a promotion that was as successful, because the fan base was so rabid and felt the same ownership, he would be all over it.

A letter campaign to sell the Vikings to the public, like the Packers, would be much better, IMO. Not that it would happen, but it should.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 2866
RE: The Packers - 8/2/2013 9:33:04 AM   
TheGonz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Is there any legal or legislative hurdle in the Vikings offering their season ticket holders a certificate that allows them to attend a dinner, have a tour of the new stadium, and meet with certain players? I don't think there is. It's not like the the people buying them are unhappy with their purchases, they love that shit for some reason. It's basically a voluntary PSL. Other teams get this money in different ways, like charging $50 just to stay on the waiting list for season tickets, or charging thousands to pass on tickets.

The only thing that is unfair about it is that most other NFL cities/fans wouldn't buy them in enough quantity to make it worthwhile. I think if Goodell could have every team run a promotion that was as successful, because the fan base was so rabid and felt the same ownership, he would be all over it.

A letter campaign to sell the Vikings to the public, like the Packers, would be much better, IMO. Not that it would happen, but it should.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2011/01/those-non-profit-packers.html

Here are the Packers: financially solvent, competitive, and deeply connected to the hundred thousand person city of Green Bay. It’s a beautiful story but it’s one that the N.F.L. and Commissioner Roger Goodell take great pains both to hide and make sure no other locality replicates. It’s actually written in the N.F.L. bylaws that no team can be a non-profit, community owned entity. The late N.F.L. commissioner Pete Rozelle had it written into the league’s constitution in 1960. Article V, Section 4—otherwise known as the Green Bay Rule—states that “charitable organizations and/or corporations not organized for profit and not now a member of the league may not hold membership in the National Football League.

Basically, the Packers get an advantage that no other team has, and that no other team will ever be allowed to have again, because they got grandfathered in.

Rule needs to be repealed. See how the wonderful, small town story fares when they have to play on the same level as everyone else.

Post #: 2867
RE: The Packers - 8/2/2013 10:43:50 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I think GJ pretty much guaranteed the Pack will beat the Vikes in one of the meetings, maybe the Pack even gets the sweep. Wish he would have kept his mouth shut, the last thing the Vikes need is a motivated Rodgers when playing the Pack.

Rodgers and a couple of good WRs can beat the Vikes, and that is even after the Vikes have made several improvements. The Packers are NOT to be underestimated, and I think it was foolish for a poster to suggest in another thread that it's likely the Vikes sweep the Packers. It would be awesome, but I think it will take strong effort, and perhaps some luck.

IF Lacy is a stud, I think it's then VERY likely the Packers win the division, even if the Vikes have improved in about 5 different areas.

"It was foolish for a poster to suggest in another thread that it's likely the Vikes sweep the Packers". But it's not foolish for a poster to suggest that "GJ pretty much guaranteed the Pack will beat the Vikes in one of the meetings, maybe the Pack even gets the sweep".
Post #: 2868
RE: The Packers - 8/2/2013 11:31:11 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I think Leslie Frazier needs to reign in his players.  Lots of bold predictions and bulletin board material being spewed out.  Time to cut them off from the media.  Pull a Belichick.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2869
RE: The Packers - 8/3/2013 12:09:06 AM   
marty

When GJ stated that he sees in the Vikings a hungry team, like the Packers were before they won the SB, I wish a reporter would have asked him if he sensed the Vikes were like the Packers the year they won the SB, or perhaps more like their team a season or 2 before that ?

I think the Vikes are a young team, that are a year or 2 away from being a SB contender.
Post #: 2870
RE: The Packers - 8/3/2013 12:11:32 AM   
marty

I think letting go of JA after this season, would be just as smart as if the Packers had let go of Reggie White before the '96 season.

The Packers could have saved a bunch of money, had Sean Jones (Griffin) play one side and either a rookie on the other side, or elevate a player that's been mostly a part time player (Robison) to being a full time player.

I'm not sure the Packers would have won the SB if they had done that, they would have lost a great player, and a great vocal leader on the defense. In the same vein, I don't think the Vikes should let JA go after the season, they should extend him mid-season.
Post #: 2871
RE: The Packers - 8/5/2013 8:41:07 PM   
marty

I'm thinking, and hoping that by getting Vince Young and trying to take a good look at him, along with shuffling the OL, and the loss of Jennings, that the Packers lack chemistry and get off to a slow start offensively. Hopefully that leads to much frustration and losses.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if some of GJs comments were a combination of some of his frustration with Rodgers, along with a little fuel from Favre. Maybe Favre doesn't really care for Rodgers, and told GJs some of that stuff about the whole team becoming all about Rodgers (perhaps that is what the Packers became with Favre, all about Favre ?), and GJs regurgitated it for the media ?
Post #: 2872
RE: The Packers - 8/6/2013 9:53:14 PM   
dly1957

if the pukers keep blowing up players in TC at the rate they have, their offense and it's demise is a forgone conclusion.

"the guy who wears #12", is a great QB, but if he is running for his life or eating sacks like donuts on sunday, because he has no good targets and his OL is a seive, and their running game is STUFFED because their offensive line is a cobbled together mess, the pond scum will be looking up at the divisional championship race by mid season.
Post #: 2873
RE: The Packers - 8/7/2013 11:26:01 PM   
marty

I'm saying this so it does NOT happen, hopefully putting a jinx on the Packers :

With our luck, with THEIR luck, the Packers will start a rookie at LT and he'll be fantastic. He's supposed to be good and was pushing Newberry for the RT spot.

Or worse, Bulaga decides to keep playing, turns in a solid season. Lacy gets R.O.Y., Arrogant Rodgers gets another MVP award and says he couldn't have done it without the valiant effort of Bulaga. Oh, and the Packers go on to win another SB with half of their guys on I.R.
Post #: 2874
RE: The Packers - 8/20/2013 9:15:57 PM   
marty

I did NOT like the Packers getting Lacy on draft day, was hoping the Broncos or someone else would take him.

And now, AD mentions him as being the best back in the draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23239169/adrian-peterson-eddie-lacy-a-real-good-pickup-that-i-didnt-like

'game recognize game'

IF Lacy is good, the division goes to the Pack.
Post #: 2875
Page:   <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode