Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:53:56 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I didn't get it. I was all sorts of frowning at the pic. Including the aweful smile/tooth to gum ratio. That chick is hideous.

But apparently you think it's pretty. (her smile)

Two different wavelengths. Guess I was wrong so I appologize.

Dude is it trolling season?

Why don't you worry about yourself and your 15560/15565 posts with no attempt to bring anything to the table but sarcastic wit?
Post #: 2951
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:59:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't get it. I was all sorts of frowning at the pic. Including the aweful smile/tooth to gum ratio. That chick is hideous.

But apparently you think it's pretty. (her smile)

Two different wavelengths. Guess I was wrong so I appologize.

Dude is it trolling season?

Why don't you worry about yourself and your 15560/15565 posts with no attempt to bring anything to the table but sarcastic wit?

Post #: 2952
RE: The Packers - 2/2/2014 7:25:08 PM   
marty

I haven't read anything on this, but just have a feeling the Packers would like to draft McCarron in the 2nd round.

They now realize the value of QB to their team, and I don't think the Packers are THAT enamored with Flynn, although he improved the more he played. But Flynn's price tag might be quite high, and there might be a team that wants to give him a try as a starter.

The Packers don't have a young prospect, and in the past they usually did, it was a QB factory for awhile. If they don't get McCarron, they might do some trade downs, and pick up a QB in the 3rd or 4th round.
Post #: 2953
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 9:32:43 AM   
marty

I really doubt anyone here would agree with me on this, but just want to seen if there are any thoughts on it.

I think the Packers at 15-1 odds to win the SB next year is a pretty good bet. Although it's a little early to place such a bet (I think losing James Jones would hurt them), I think they're chances are pretty good. I don't think any long shot is going to come in and win the SB next year (except for maybe the Texans), it's likely to be one of about 8 teams that have a franchise QB.

The Packers actually match up well as being a team that could beat Seattle. They have a QB that could actually burn the Seahawks 2ndary deep, and a RB that can pound them on the ground. The Packers are about due to beat SF, and that could set them on course for a SB run.

Officials tend to favor the Packers, and they have the offense to win a SB. The questions are on defense. Their defense didn't always stop people the year they won the SB, the key was getting turnovers from their 2ndary. IF they can get better play from the safety position, they might once again be a good takeaway 2ndary.

I would bet a good chunk of money on GB, and then cover that bet with a smaller bet on Seattle (at 7-1, if you can still get that) to repeat, at least come out a little bit ahead if Seattle repeats.

Any thoughts ?
Post #: 2954
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 9:53:29 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I really doubt anyone here would agree with me on this, but just want to seen if there are any thoughts on it.

I think the Packers at 15-1 odds to win the SB next year is a pretty good bet. Although it's a little early to place such a bet (I think losing James Jones would hurt them), I think they're chances are pretty good. I don't think any long shot is going to come in and win the SB next year (except for maybe the Texans), it's likely to be one of about 8 teams that have a franchise QB.

The Packers actually match up well as being a team that could beat Seattle. They have a QB that could actually burn the Seahawks 2ndary deep, and a RB that can pound them on the ground. The Packers are about due to beat SF, and that could set them on course for a SB run.

Officials tend to favor the Packers, and they have the offense to win a SB. The questions are on defense. Their defense didn't always stop people the year they won the SB, the key was getting turnovers from their 2ndary. IF they can get better play from the safety position, they might once again be a good takeaway 2ndary.

I would bet a good chunk of money on GB, and then cover that bet with a smaller bet on Seattle (at 7-1, if you can still get that) to repeat, at least come out a little bit ahead if Seattle repeats.

Any thoughts ?

I'm terrible at odds.

I can tell you that if they lose BJ Raji, they will struggle mightily to stop the run.  And both SF and Sea can run amok on people if they can't stop the run. 

I don't think it would be a good bet at all.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2955
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 11:19:25 AM   
Todd M

If you don't throw a grand on that bet you have no balls!
Post #: 2956
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 11:58:16 AM   
Prescott

quote:

I'd bet a good chunk of money this is just talking, that you won't actually make either of these bets.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 2957
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 5:22:28 PM   
marty

In that case, you'd likely LOSE a good chunk of money. I'm more of a doer than a talker. On something like this, I think it's a good idea to check out some different angles, some different opinions.

A friend of mine is on vacation in Vegas right now; he is stuck there an extra day or 2 because of bad weather. I was VERY close to putting down bets on those 2 teams yesterday, just needed to give him the green light. HE put money on the Packers and Seahawks, influenced by my saying it was not a great bet, but probably a good one. I think 25-1 would have been GREAT odds, but the most we've seen so far for the Pack is 15-1.

I was interested in seeing what some others here thought about it.

I think it's probably smarter to wait until about the end of May, just to see what happens in FA and the draft. The odds usually don't change a great amount, even if a team signs a really good FA, or has what is thought of as a strong draft. It's more based on what others are betting on, or sometimes what teams the high bettors are betting on. I know some people that are going out to Vegas in April, but as of now, don't know any that are going out in May. It's usually too hot by then, but the tickets are usually cheaper.

The Packers might miss Raji, but they might upgrade at his position through the draft. Should they lose him, I think they WOULD miss WR James Jones more than they think, just like they did miss Jennings a bit. Jones can be a deep threat, but he is also very good at convincing CBs that he is going deep, and then Rodgers gets pressured and throws him an under throw come backer, where Jones has good skills at coming back and getting the ball before the CB gets to it.
Post #: 2958
RE: The Packers - 2/17/2014 9:09:35 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Any thoughts ?

I'm terrible at odds.

I can tell you that if they lose BJ Raji, they will struggle mightily to stop the run.  And both SF and Sea can run amok on people if they can't stop the run. 

I don't think it would be a good bet at all.

Considering they were 29th in the league last season in YPC allowed, maybe they figure how much worse can they get?
Post #: 2959
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 7:44:30 AM   
Prescott

quote:

I'm more of a doer than a talker.

Heave snort. Especially in context. Just to be clear, you talked your buddy into betting on them, while you passed on putting down a bet. And then laid out your friends summer plans, so that if you don't put your bet down it's going to be because their plans don't coincide with your optimum betting window, you won't have anyone in Vegas. Nice.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2960
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 10:35:09 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I know some people that are going out to Vegas in April, but as of now, don't know any that are going out in May. It's usually too hot by then, but the tickets are usually cheaper.

Average Vegas high in May is 88 degrees. With zero humidity. Its VERY comfortable.
Post #: 2961
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 8:22:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

I know some people that are going out to Vegas in April, but as of now, don't know any that are going out in May. It's usually too hot by then, but the tickets are usually cheaper.

Average Vegas high in May is 88 degrees. With zero humidity. Its VERY comfortable.

By zero humidity, I assume you don't mean 0% humidity.
Post #: 2962
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 8:27:12 PM   
Lynn G.

I keep coming back into this thread hoping that someone is reporting that half the players on the team have stomped out and quit, complaining that playing for the Packers has been hellish and they'd rather quit than play another minute in canary yellow pants.
Post #: 2963
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 9:05:34 PM   
SoMnFan

Hang in there, Lynn, Nothing wrong with hope.
Maybe one day reality will set in for them.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2964
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 9:28:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its an expression. Often used to describe the weather when its very dry.
Post #: 2965
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 10:08:24 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This exchange amuses me.
Post #: 2966
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 10:20:03 PM   
marty

Lynn

I think there is a chance, provided the Vikings and Lions both hit on good HCs, that the Packers finish in last place of the division.

Maybe the Packers will lose WR James Jones, TE Jermichael Finley and Blow Job Raji, and fail to replace them. An injury early in the season to Jordy Nelson, and the Packers end up last place in the division.
Post #: 2967
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 10:38:28 PM   
marty

Heave snort. Especially in context. Just to be clear, you talked your buddy into betting on them, while you passed on putting down a bet. And then laid out your friends summer plans, so that if you don't put your bet down it's going to be because their plans don't coincide with your optimum betting window, you won't have anyone in Vegas. Nice.

Prescott, I really had no idea my friend was going to bet on the Pack, I just told him the way I was planning on betting it (a certain amount on the Packers, and then enough on Seattle to cover THAT bet).

I passed on the bet for now because I really feel there are too many questions with the Pack. I didn't lay out my friends summer plans, I only mentioned that I know people that are going out in April, but not in May. I'm hoping there is somebody going out in May.

I'm not considering this bet for any kind of bragging rights, YOU made it that type of thing by challenging whether or not I would bet on the Pack. I think the Packers MIGHT win another SB with Aaron Rodgers, and about the only way I could stomach it, is if they make me some money and a free trip out to Vegas.

I heard the Pack MIGHT be a little more aggressive in FA, figuring Rodgers is in his prime, and they might want to win a SB NOW, and not try to win 1 three years from now. I find this a little hard to believe, as they might have a tough time signing their OWN players. To win a SB, they don't necessarily need a defense that can stop people, but if they can generate turnovers from their 2ndary, they have a chance to go all the way.

Instead of betting the Pack, two other teams that might be decent bets as somewhat long shots to win the SB: Carolina and San Diego, both starting out at 20-1. Texans at 40-1 might be a decent bet, if they draft Bridgewater or Manziel, but those odds might change quickly after the draft, if there is heavy betting on them. With choosing ANY of these long shots, I think it would be smart to bet enough on Seattle to repeat, where you break even or come out a little bit ahead if Seattle does repeat.
Post #: 2968
RE: The Packers - 2/18/2014 10:40:28 PM   
marty

I stand corrected on the May weather in Vegas, and I knew that, but just didn't think it over. People probably just don't go out to Vegas as often in May because the weather is usually pretty nice everywhere else.
Post #: 2969
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 5:43:03 AM   
Prescott

May is always one of the busiest months in Vegas. It's nice and warm, but not sweltering.

Right now you've got what, 5 or 6 teams that we should bet on? I give it until the season starts and that will be a dozen.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2970
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 10:42:47 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I stand corrected on the May weather in Vegas, and I knew that, but just didn't think it over. People probably just don't go out to Vegas as often in May because the weather is usually pretty nice everywhere else.

And you'd be wrong again...

Vegas gets between 3 and 3.5M tourists EVERY month - its remarkably consistent. You know what months have the fewest - dead winter: NOV, DEC, JAN. In 2013, only MAR, JUL and SEP had more tourists than MAY.

And again you're talking not even a 500K difference between top and bottom.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 2/19/2014 2:05:25 PM >
Post #: 2971
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 12:29:45 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Lynn

I think there is a chance, provided the Vikings and Lions both hit on good HCs, that the Packers finish in last place of the division.

Maybe the Packers will lose WR James Jones, TE Jermichael Finley and Blow Job Raji, and fail to replace them. An injury early in the season to Jordy Nelson, and the Packers end up last place in the division.

they had injuries to their WR corps last year before Rodgers went out and they kept winning.  It wasn't until Rodgers got hurt that they struggled.  As long as Rodgers is in there, they have a chance.  If their defense can't stop the run, it will be hard for it to generate turnovers. 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2972
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 1:42:28 PM   
Prescott

Basically we have the entire gamut here. Marty is going to bet a good chunk of money on the Packers to win it all, but equally thinks they have a good chance to finish in the toilet. Sounds just about perfect.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2973
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 2:02:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

Basically we have the entire gamut here. Marty is going to bet a good chunk of money on the Packers to win it all, but equally thinks they have a good chance to finish in the toilet. Sounds just about perfect.

Pretty much fits Martylogic.

Post #: 2974
RE: The Packers - 2/19/2014 2:45:44 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That explains things.
Post #: 2975
Page:   <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode