Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Packers - 11/6/2013 5:57:26 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Gotta admit - that was a good one.

Tough crowd.
Post #: 2926
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 12:06:20 AM   
marty

I think when Jennings talked to Aaron Rodgers after the Packer/Viking game, I think he was talking to him, but at the same time said some indecipherable things. Those things, were some things from an old, mysterious chant that put a curse on Rodgers.

The next Rodgers got hurt, and might be out for the season. They said just 3 or 4 games, but Rodgers indicated it might take a little more time than that. With the injury to Finley, they started out saying a few weeks, and now he is out for the season.

Maybe the curse that Jennings put on Rodgers is for the rest of his football career ? Maybe Jennings realized the only way the Vikes were going to get past the Packers in the next few years, is for Rodgers to be out of the picture ? Jennings tried to get into Rodger's head with some of his comments to the media during the off season. When, after playing the Packers, he realized that didn't really work, he decided to try a curse. So far, it's worked.
Post #: 2927
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 10:07:41 AM   
Lynn G.

So it's JENNINGS that puts curses on teams. Why didn't he remove the one he put on the Vikings when he joined the purple?
Post #: 2928
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 12:43:50 PM   
Ed_Marotske

Post #: 2929
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 12:56:50 PM   
marty

So it's JENNINGS that puts curses on teams. Why didn't he remove the one he put on the Vikings when he joined the purple?

Jennings, along with Patterson, has shed the light that WR isn't as much the problem in Minnesota as QB. Looking forward to a QB in the 1st round next year.

Winfield covered up a fair amount of holes on defense, but there seems to be other problems.

I don't think it's a curse on the Vikes, I think they need a new HC, new staff.
Post #: 2930
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 3:25:06 PM   
marty

Maybe Jennings was right, the Packers are all about Rodgers.

What a different team without Rodgers. This convinces me the Vikes could quickly turn it around just with a different QB. I think they need to do what they can to get Manziel.

The Vikes should also strongly consider picking up Flynn on Monday. Flynn could give the Packers a big boost, save their season by winning the next few games, and lead to them winning the SB this year when Rodgers gets back. It would be a defensive move for the Vikes, hurting the Packers this year and maybe next year also. Also, it would be an offensive move should Flynn work out as a backup. Who knows, he might be better than anything the Vikes have for a starter right now.
Post #: 2931
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2013 5:14:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm so, so, so very happy today because the Packers lost. All hope is lost with the Vikings this season and I'm reduced to rooting for whoever plays against the Packers. Nevertheless, how sweet it was today!

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2932
RE: The Packers - 11/11/2013 8:19:57 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Maybe Jennings was right, the Packers are all about Rodgers.

They live or die by their QB.  They took a big risk going in with Seneca Wallace as the primary back up.

But they Figured with their charmed life (only 3 different QBs starting games since 1992) they would keep having that continue and then bam...

quote:

What a different team without Rodgers. This convinces me the Vikes could quickly turn it around just with a different QB. I think they need to do what they can to get Manziel.

We have the weapons on offense, now we need a QB that can get them the ball.  Manziel, Bridgewater, Mariota...I'll take any of them.

quote:

The Vikes should also strongly consider picking up Flynn on Monday. Flynn could give the Packers a big boost, save their season by winning the next few games, and lead to them winning the SB this year when Rodgers gets back. It would be a defensive move for the Vikes, hurting the Packers this year and maybe next year also. Also, it would be an offensive move should Flynn work out as a backup. Who knows, he might be better than anything the Vikes have for a starter right now.

No on Flynn.

I don't care what happens with the Packers this season.  Flynn has now twice lost in training camp to inexperienced players when he should have been the odds on favorite to win the job outright. 

Now Oakland will likely be looking for another QB as the one they chose over Flynn isn't exactly lighting it up. 

If Flynn were any good, Someone like Jacksonville or Buffalo would have grabbed him up post haste once he was released.  He can't help any team right now.  Packers can have him and choke on him.'

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2933
RE: The Packers - 11/11/2013 11:58:04 AM   
John Childress

I heard some comments from the Raiders coach. It sounded like something happened to Flynn's arm after he left the Packers and has almost no arm strength

Could be chronic

Pass on him

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 2934
RE: The Packers - 11/11/2013 2:32:09 PM   
marty

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24219116/report-packers-to-work-out-qb-matt-flynn-on-monday

After the article, one Raiders fan says the Raiders made a mistake in letting go of Flynn. They have been known to make mistakes on personel, just like Buffalo.

I think the Vikes should have taken a flyer on Flynn, he might be a better backup than Cassel. And it would have prevented the Packers from having Flynn save their season, which he could do if the elbow shows to now be o.k. Tolzien might have looked o.k. because he was playing a pretty weak defense in Philly, but he did look much better than Wallace. Still he is raw, and they could easily lose the next 3 or 4 with him starting.
Post #: 2935
RE: The Packers - 12/2/2013 11:14:59 PM   
marty

Not sure why Flynn looks so bad right now compared to his games in other seasons with GB. Maybe the Packers aren't as good, the OL is poor, but there must be some other reasons.

Maybe Flynn IS a bust, and his flaws are now starting to show. He appears to lack some foot speed to get away from the pocket and make a play, he also lacks arm strength, and his timing isn't on with the Packer WRs.

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I think the Packers will be in 1st place in 2 weeks, assuming Rodgers starts against Atlanta. I think the Lions will lose at Philly, and at home the next week to the Ravens. It may end up the Vikes help the Packers win the division, by the Vikes beating the Lions in Minnesota, the last game for that stadium. I really shouldn't count out the Bears, but playing Dallas, then at Cleveland, at Philly, and GB in the last game, looks pretty tough right now.
Post #: 2936
RE: The Packers - 1/5/2014 3:46:58 PM   
marty

Several Packers were talking in interviews about just hitting Kap 'a little bit harder'. I wonder if they'll do it legally, and wonder if the refs will allow the 49ers to hit Aaron Rodgers.
Post #: 2937
RE: The Packers - 1/5/2014 8:06:23 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Kapernick made the packers and all their smacktalk his biatch... they got what they deserved, a home field 1 and done in the playoffs ...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2938
RE: The Packers - 1/6/2014 1:18:18 PM   
Lynn G.

Had me nervous for a bit. When the refs didn't call PI on the Packers in the endzone which made the 49ers have to settle for the second field goal - I was worried that the game was going to be a give-away. Right after the Packers scored their first TD to go ahead I left and went somewhere else for all but the last 6 minutes of the game. All is right in the world again now because no one on the planet has to be exposed to the Packers in the rest of the playoffs. Whew.
Post #: 2939
RE: The Packers - 1/10/2014 8:36:10 PM   
marty

As Bill J. said:

Was pretty sure the Packers were about to go on a miraculous SB run.
Would have topped off the worst calendar year of my life sports-wise.

I rewatched the 49er/Packer game.

49ers - I couldn't find any obvious holding on 49er OL, but they could have been flagged for a small hold on Kap's run to the outside that picked up the 1st down near the end of the game. I saw 3 49er 2ndary plays that could have been flagged for PI.

Packers - I found 2 good holds on Aldon Smith, and the choke hold that allowed Rodgers to escape pressure and throw what was a big 3rd down conversion that could have led to a Packers' winning TD. I also found 6 PIs that could have been called on the Packers, and 2 plays where the Packer player's led with the helmet (Lacy and Williams).

So on non-calls, each one having the possibility of being game altering:

SF 3
GB 11

As soon as I heard early in the game, 'they are letting them play', I figured that was likely to favor the Packers. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they are done for the season.
Post #: 2940
RE: The Packers - 1/12/2014 8:49:51 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

As Bill J. said:

Was pretty sure the Packers were about to go on a miraculous SB run.
Would have topped off the worst calendar year of my life sports-wise.

I rewatched the 49er/Packer game.

49ers - I couldn't find any obvious holding on 49er OL, but they could have been flagged for a small hold on Kap's run to the outside that picked up the 1st down near the end of the game. I saw 3 49er 2ndary plays that could have been flagged for PI.

Packers - I found 2 good holds on Aldon Smith, and the choke hold that allowed Rodgers to escape pressure and throw what was a big 3rd down conversion that could have led to a Packers' winning TD. I also found 6 PIs that could have been called on the Packers, and 2 plays where the Packer player's led with the helmet (Lacy and Williams).

So on non-calls, each one having the possibility of being game altering:

SF 3
GB 11

As soon as I heard early in the game, 'they are letting them play', I figured that was likely to favor the Packers. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they are done for the season.

Actually that was a 4th down conversion.
Post #: 2941
RE: The Packers - 1/12/2014 10:20:38 AM   
marty

Correct, my bad, that was a 4th down conversion.

I don't think there really are any good defenses in the NFL anymore, they are just cheating the PI rules.

This is GB in a nutshell:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303754404579310500005285822?mod=djemMTIPOFF_h

Has there been a Vikings game in the last 10 years, or last 20 years, where the Vikes got away with PI, and the announcers stated 'They are just letting them play today' ? That is about every other Packer game !

I watch every Packer game, and about every other game, there is a commentator that notices the Packers getting away with PI, and he states 'well, [chuckle] they are letting them play today'. I was concerned when the Vikes drafted Rhodes, as he is pretty grabby, I thought he would get flagged nearly every play. But Rhodes DID get away with some contact, so maybe the Vikes just need to do it and keep doing it, eventually you'll get plenty of no calls.
Post #: 2942
RE: The Packers - 1/23/2014 10:41:13 PM   
marty

I'm still not exactly sure how to just get the picture to post, maybe someone else can get 'er done ?

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1601394_638801532844670_162608309_n.jpg

< Message edited by marty -- 1/23/2014 10:42:36 PM >
Post #: 2943
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 8:16:25 AM   
Lynn G.

Nice teeth.
Post #: 2944
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 8:34:48 AM   
Todd M

Hard to know the rules.

You can pick a single feature and call it out, eg; Clay Matthews hair, that chick's teeth...but to simply call someone avg looking is "ridiculous"?

Maybe we can get pics of Lynn's and her spouses hair and teeth out to those two for judgement?
Post #: 2945
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:24:25 AM   
Lynn G.

Oh my goodness Todd - it was a joke. The picture is of a woman wearing a bra made out of fake cheese, and by mentioning her pretty white teeth I was making a joke as if I missed the giant cheese bra.

Get it? Misdirection? A joke?
Post #: 2946
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:26:03 AM   
Lynn G.

And you apparently misread my words. Take them literally - she has very nice white teeth. I wasn't slamming her at all.
Post #: 2947
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:27:06 AM   
Lynn G.

But Clay Matthews' hair is still gross.
Post #: 2948
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:30:44 AM   
Todd M

I didn't get it. I was all sorts of frowning at the pic. Including the aweful smile/tooth to gum ratio. That chick is hideous.

But apparently you think it's pretty. (her smile)

Two different wavelengths. Guess I was wrong so I appologize.
Post #: 2949
RE: The Packers - 1/24/2014 9:49:01 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I didn't get it. I was all sorts of frowning at the pic. Including the aweful smile/tooth to gum ratio. That chick is hideous.

But apparently you think it's pretty. (her smile)

Two different wavelengths. Guess I was wrong so I appologize.

Dude is it trolling season?
Post #: 2950
Page:   <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode