Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 3:18:33 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I'm thrilled with how the Packers are playing this year. That said, I don't have any hope that they have any chance of beating NE or Indy if they would make it to the SB. There are too many teams in the NFC that could go on a surprise late season/playoff run so I'm not even that confident of their chances at winning the NFC. Only 2 yrs ago, this team was 4-12 and everyone had written them off. It's nice to be relevant again.[/quote] Amazing things happen when you hire a real coach instead of an Andy Reid flunkie
Post #: 276
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 3:27:41 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I'm thrilled with how the Packers are playing this year. That said, I don't have any hope that they have any chance of beating NE or Indy if they would make it to the SB. There are too many teams in the NFC that could go on a surprise late season/playoff run so I'm not even that confident of their chances at winning the NFC. Only 2 yrs ago, this team was 4-12 and everyone had written them off. It's nice to be relevant again.[/quote] Amazing things happen when you hire a real coach instead of an Andy Reid flunkie[/quote] Every day I thank Ziggy Wilf that he never let KA onto that plane to Green Bay. MM may have his faults (no ability to create a running game), but he was a perfect fit for the Packers.
Post #: 277
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:05:33 PM   
David Moufang

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I'm thrilled with how the Packers are playing this year. That said, I don't have any hope that they have any chance of beating NE or Indy if they would make it to the SB. There are too many teams in the NFC that could go on a surprise late season/playoff run so I'm not even that confident of their chances at winning the NFC. Only 2 yrs ago, this team was 4-12 and everyone had written them off. It's nice to be relevant again.[/quote] Amazing things happen when you hire a real coach instead of an Andy Reid flunkie[/quote] Every day I thank Ziggy Wilf that he never let KA onto that plane to Green Bay. MM may have his faults (no ability to create a running game), but he was a perfect fit for the Packers.[/quote] Hey, wait a minute -- we had over 100 yds rushing last night. That playaction in OT never would've worked had we not shown some ability to run. I think people need to stop the bellyaching about our run game.
Post #: 278
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:07:39 PM   
Lynn G.

David, I agree that the Green Bay running game is much improved since the beginning of the season, and I think Grant looks like he's going to be pretty good - - - but you have to admit that when you're playing against the 32nd ranked run defense it's kind of hard to gauge.
Post #: 279
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:11:49 PM   
[quote="Lynn G."]David, I agree that the Green Bay running game is much improved since the beginning of the season, and I think Grant looks like he's going to be pretty good - - - but you have to admit that when you're playing against the 32nd ranked run defense it's kind of hard to gauge.[/quote] ************************************************* Exactly. GB is still last in the league in rushing, hard to spin that.
  Post #: 280
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:25:21 PM   
David Moufang

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]David, I agree that the Green Bay running game is much improved since the beginning of the season, and I think Grant looks like he's going to be pretty good - - - but you have to admit that when you're playing against the 32nd ranked run defense it's kind of hard to gauge.[/quote] ************************************************* Exactly. GB is still last in the league in rushing, hard to spin that.[/quote] And tied for third-best record in the NFL. Hard to spin that too.
Post #: 281
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:33:06 PM   
John Childress

GB is not beating you with the run. How many rushing TDs did they have last night? After the Champ Bailey play the DC has to know to keep 2 safeties deep. He had 1 deep safety who was actually cheating over to the strongside and was in no position to be in on that play. Bad coaching
Post #: 282
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 4:38:43 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

Grant ran the ball with authority last night. It was nice to not see our RB pussy-foot around in the backfield hoping something will happen. He made a decision and went all out to make it work. That alone will get him more reps and likely the starting job against KC. Let's see how he does against KC (17 vs run) and MN (3 vs run) before we anoint that the Packers have turned a corner on running the ball.
Post #: 283
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 5:40:22 PM   
David Moufang

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]Grant ran the ball with authority last night. It was nice to not see our RB pussy-foot around in the backfield hoping something will happen. He made a decision and went all out to make it work. That alone will get him more reps and likely the starting job against KC. Let's see how he does against KC (17 vs run) and MN (3 vs run) before we anoint that the Packers have turned a corner on running the ball.[/quote] It sounds so much more logical and less wet-blanket coming from a Packers fan :)
Post #: 284
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 7:01:27 PM   
djskillz

[quote="David Moufang"][quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]David, I agree that the Green Bay running game is much improved since the beginning of the season, and I think Grant looks like he's going to be pretty good - - - but you have to admit that when you're playing against the 32nd ranked run defense it's kind of hard to gauge.[/quote] ************************************************* Exactly. GB is still last in the league in rushing, hard to spin that.[/quote] And tied for third-best record in the NFL. Hard to spin that too.[/quote] Not really. A couple of give wins will do that. I think the Packers are okay, but this really is a down year for the league; that's all I'm saying.
Post #: 285
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 8:39:45 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="David Moufang"][quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]David, I agree that the Green Bay running game is much improved since the beginning of the season, and I think Grant looks like he's going to be pretty good - - - but you have to admit that when you're playing against the 32nd ranked run defense it's kind of hard to gauge.[/quote] ************************************************* Exactly. GB is still last in the league in rushing, hard to spin that.[/quote] And tied for third-best record in the NFL. Hard to spin that too.[/quote] Not really. A couple of give wins will do that. I think the Packers are okay, but this really is a down year for the league; that's all I'm saying.[/quote] We get the point Dustin, you think the only way the Packers can have a winning record is if the entire rest of the league is bad. :roll:
Post #: 286
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 8:46:12 PM   
djskillz

Craig, I don't think you guys are "bad". Didn't mean to insinuate that. Favre is playing the best he's played in years so far, and I really like your defense. My main problem is your running game. It's pretty rare to see a team go far with maybe the worst running game in the league. You need to have balance. So I'm just saying you're not a 6-1 team in a good year. That's all. I would like to think I'd say the same of the Vikes if we were 6-1 right now. No disrespect meant. You guys could very well be the 2nd best team in the NFC this year. I just don't happen to think the NFC is particularly good.
Post #: 287
RE:The Packers - 10/30/2007 9:17:27 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I was actually pretty impressed with that dude out of ND lastnight. And believe me...that sucks :twisted:
Post #: 288
RE:The Packers - 10/31/2007 9:34:46 AM   
djskillz

This was just in a random basketball chat on ESPN, but I thought it was hilarious: Teaneck, New Jersey: If Bret Favre finally retires than 15 years later we find 2 dead bodies in his backyard with his DNA everywhere, will he still be loved??? SportsNation Jemele Hill: Then there will be an hourlong show about how those two deserved to die.
Post #: 289
RE:The Packers - 11/1/2007 5:40:17 AM   
thebigo

[quote="David Moufang"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I'm thrilled with how the Packers are playing this year. That said, I don't have any hope that they have any chance of beating NE or Indy if they would make it to the SB. There are too many teams in the NFC that could go on a surprise late season/playoff run so I'm not even that confident of their chances at winning the NFC. Only 2 yrs ago, this team was 4-12 and everyone had written them off. It's nice to be relevant again.[/quote] Amazing things happen when you hire a real coach instead of an Andy Reid flunkie[/quote] Every day I thank Ziggy Wilf that he never let KA onto that plane to Green Bay. MM may have his faults (no ability to create a running game), but he was a perfect fit for the Packers.[/quote] Hey, wait a minute -- we had over 100 yds rushing last night. That playaction in OT never would've worked had we not shown some ability to run. I think people need to stop the bellyaching about our run game.[/quote] 27 carries for 105 yards 3.9 ypc against a team that was giving up 176 ypg and 5.1 ypc? Nuff said.
Post #: 290
RE:The Packers - 11/4/2007 9:23:34 PM   
David Moufang

Can we call an end to the Atari Bigby experiment?
Post #: 291
RE:The Packers - 11/4/2007 11:28:02 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

Well, the Pack are now 7-1! :itsgood: Definately a game the Packers should have won convincingly, but 2 INTs by Brett in the first half and some stupid penalties kept KC in the game at halftime. Brett more than redeemed himself in the 2nd half with 2 big TDs. The defense was real shaky for a while there in the 2nd half but they stood tall when it counted and Woodson got the big pick for a TD to seal the game. Woodson also had a big punt return that got the Packers w/in FG range to get us up by 4 and force KC to score a TD. Never thought the Pack would be 7-1 at the midway point of the season. But I'm thrilled they are!!!! :D I'm just going to enjoy this game for the rest of the day. On Monday, I'll worry about what evil things AP is going to do to our defense next week.
Post #: 292
RE:The Packers - 11/4/2007 11:41:18 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]Well, the Pack are now 7-1! :itsgood: Definately a game the Packers should have won convincingly, but 2 INTs by Brett in the first half and some stupid penalties kept KC in the game at halftime. Brett more than redeemed himself in the 2nd half with 2 big TDs. The defense was real shaky for a while there in the 2nd half but they stood tall when it counted and Woodson got the big pick for a TD to seal the game. Woodson also had a big punt return that got the Packers w/in FG range to get us up by 4 and force KC to score a TD. Never thought the Pack would be 7-1 at the midway point of the season. But I'm thrilled they are!!!! :D I'm just going to enjoy this game for the rest of the day. On Monday, I'll worry about what evil things AP is going to do to our defense next week.[/quote] I was wondering what happen that increased the Packs lead.
Post #: 293
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 12:04:46 AM   
John Childress

The Packers are good and I have said it for weeks You don't win seven of eight on luck
Post #: 294
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 2:58:09 AM   
Lynn G.

Looks like a good win Craig. Congrats.
Post #: 295
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 3:26:36 AM   
John Childress

The Packers are good. This is Favre's last gasp but he can still do it on occassion.
Post #: 296
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 5:02:36 AM   
Lynn G.

[quote="John Childress"] You don't win seven of eight on luck[/quote] Nope. But you might win 2 or 3 on luck.
Post #: 297
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 5:05:47 AM   
LEATHERFACE47

combined record of packers opponents 31-33. nuff said, they wont keep winning games by making 1st downs by a foot and avg 67 yrds rushing. dallas goes to 7-1 also. couple of stumbles by green bay and they dont get home field either
Post #: 298
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 5:10:52 AM   
David Moufang

[quote="John Childress"]The Packers are good. This is Favre's last gasp but he can still do it on occassion.[/quote] What are you talking about? Last gasp? WTF?
Post #: 299
RE:The Packers - 11/5/2007 5:23:18 AM   
djskillz

[quote="Lynn G."][quote="John Childress"] You don't win seven of eight on luck[/quote] Nope. But you might win 2 or 3 on luck.[/quote] Yep, this Packer team is "really" a 5-3 or 4-4 team to me, not 7-1. But congrats to you Packer fans that you ARE 7-1. AD's gonna tear you up next week, like he did the first game. But this time, Childress won't call off the dogs!
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode