Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Packers - 11/19/2016 8:16:22 AM   
JTC2017

Rodgers allegedly doesn't speak to his family

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/story-claims-packers-aaron-rodgers-completely-cut-off-his-family-two-years-ago-204300902.html

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 3051
RE: The Packers - 1/16/2017 8:51:11 PM   
marty

I was listening to the Packers pregame yesterday, expecting to hear how much McCarthy was respecting the Cowboys, how talented the Cowboys were, and what GB would need to do to beat them.

While there was a little of that, McCarthy said that GB is a different team than the one Dallas beat earlier in the year. That GB is the better team, 'it's just a matter of our going out on the field and showing just that'.

I was a little surprised by his saying that, especially after Dallas had beaten them so soundly earlier in the year, but it turns out it was probably a good approach.
Post #: 3052
RE: The Packers - 1/17/2017 7:04:31 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I was listening to the Packers pregame yesterday, expecting to hear how much McCarthy was respecting the Cowboys, how talented the Cowboys were, and what GB would need to do to beat them.

While there was a little of that, McCarthy said that GB is a different team than the one Dallas beat earlier in the year. That GB is the better team, 'it's just a matter of our going out on the field and showing just that'.

I was a little surprised by his saying that, especially after Dallas had beaten them so soundly earlier in the year, but it turns out it was probably a good approach.

Dallas wasn't battle tested. They hadn't played an important game in six weeks. They allowed Green Bay to get on top of them early, and it took them out of their game plan. Jason Garrett is an idiot.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3053
RE: The Packers - 1/17/2017 8:52:28 AM   
Lynn G.

If the Superbowl ends up being Patriots vs. Packers (please, no Packers in the Superbowl) the refereeing department's heads will explode. "How will we decide who to give the favorable calls to?"

Between Packers and Patriots - probably the two most frequent recipients of gifts from the refs. Gosh, the guys picked to ref this game might actually lose some sleep, poor schmucks.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3054
RE: The Packers - 1/18/2017 10:02:58 AM   
Tim Cady

You forgot Pittsburgh. The league has been helping the Rooney's since the 70's. The worst example was the Bus Super Bowl run of 2005/2006 against Seattle. Holmgren got screwed worse than Andy Reid Eagles against the Pats. All 6 six of the Steelers Super Rings were assisted by the Refs in the playoffs or big game the years they won. Immaculate Deception was just the beginning....

I am hoping for Pats Packers for 2 reasons. 1. I never want Atlanta to win a Super Bowl and 2. I want the Packers to get destroyed on defense by Tom Brady. Pittsburgh worst team left in tourney, I don't trust them to beat the Packers.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3055
RE: The Packers - 1/18/2017 10:06:06 AM   
Lynn G.

I agree about Pittsburgh's favoritism too. That Superbowl was the most egregious example of ref bias since the Rape at Lambeau.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3056
RE: The Packers - 1/18/2017 10:07:13 AM   
Lynn G.

I can't hope for a Packer/Pats Superbowl because that means there is a chance that the Packers might win. I want them blown out in the NFCCG even if it means Atlanta gets to the Superbowl.

Post #: 3057
RE: The Packers - 1/22/2017 3:33:39 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I agree about Pittsburgh's favoritism too. That Superbowl was the most egregious example of ref bias since the Rape at Lambeau.

Thanks for igniting that piece of PTSD from my basement back in the day. I remember that letter to the league. 9 erroneous calls 8 in favor of the Packers. League told Vikings they were sorry so we had that going for us.

Post #: 3058
RE: The Packers - 1/22/2017 3:35:39 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTC2017

Rodgers allegedly doesn't speak to his family

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/story-claims-packers-aaron-rodgers-completely-cut-off-his-family-two-years-ago-204300902.html

His family doesn't like Olivia Munn. Tough choice. I think she is hilarious. Mildly attractive as well. I gotta side with Aaron on this one.

Post #: 3059
RE: The Packers - 1/22/2017 3:46:13 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I can't hope for a Packer/Pats Superbowl because that means there is a chance that the Packers might win. I want them blown out in the NFCCG even if it means Atlanta gets to the Superbowl.

I do really like Dan Quinn. D Coordinator from Seattle Super Bowl victory team. I really liked that Seahawk team because I was surrounded by Bronco Manning apologist and the whole racial Sherman is a Thug- code work for new N-word. I remember picking a score out of my rear end to shut them up.

I said 45-10 claiming the Dan Quinn defense was faster than Denver had seen all year. Actual score was same spread 43-8. Why can't I bet those hunches in Vegas $.

OK Lynn, you might have convinced me. Atlanta is easily the most likeable of the remaining teams.

I have to say that the Packer resiliency in the secondary this year has been impressive. As much as I like to rip on Mike McCarthy he did a good job with this team this year. Including holding Peppers back until late in the season so he would be fresh.

Post #: 3060
RE: The Packers - 1/22/2017 3:58:40 PM   
Tim Cady

Having NFL ticket and a Packer fan for a wife, has forced me to tolerate a lot more Packer football then I have previously ever watched. Can't help but respect the run the Table at the end. Aaron Rodgers is capable of being the best Quarterback to ever play the game at times. It would be quite the qB matchup with him against Tom Brady. Not saying that Matchup of Brady and Ryan wouldn't be one of the best ever. Just arguably Brady/Rodgers would be hands down best ever. Saying a lot because I was a huge Joe Montana fan.

Post #: 3061
RE: The Packers - 1/23/2017 1:44:47 PM   
marty

I think the best part of the Packers' loss is, you won't be hearing this cocky talk about running the table in the future.

Had the Packers went on to win the SB, any loss in the first 8 games of future seasons, would be met with all Packer fans saying "r-e-l-a-x", followed by their team exhibiting a certain confidence in any late season run, followed by a SB win. They may have won many multiple SBs in this fashion.

Thankfully that didn't happen, and now they will more likely be doubting themselves, and maybe like Favre's later years, where Packer fans were expecting a season ending INT in the playoffs, Packer fans will now anticipate a team collapse, or Rogers just not sustaining great play, that his luck will run out.

Here's hoping, and hoping he starts feeling old as he takes more hits. He was talking midseason about it being "a younger guy's league" - LOVED hearing that from him. Hopefully it continues to go that direction for him.
Post #: 3062
RE: The Packers - 3/8/2017 11:36:14 AM   
drviking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/aaron-rodgers-finally-starts-jostling-for-new-contract/

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 3063
RE: The Packers - 9/10/2017 9:45:37 PM   
marty

Did any of you guys or gals see where Rodgers threw an early INT that led to a Seattle TD, only to get it overturned by a cheesy block in the back on Rodgers, where the Seattle player was very close to miffing (?) :

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/controversial-penalties-negate-a-seahawks-td-lead-to-jeremy-lanes-ejection/
Post #: 3064
RE: The Packers - 9/10/2017 10:57:07 PM   
David F.

The sway was in effect.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3065
RE: The Packers - 9/11/2017 4:10:34 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Did any of you guys or gals see where Rodgers threw an early INT that led to a Seattle TD, only to get it overturned by a cheesy block in the back on Rodgers, where the Seattle player was very close to miffing (?) :

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/controversial-penalties-negate-a-seahawks-td-lead-to-jeremy-lanes-ejection/

Unless one slept through all Sunday...chances are they seen that.
Post #: 3066
RE: The Packers - 9/11/2017 8:10:00 AM  1 votes
Bill Jandro

quote:

I missed that play.

All I can say is that is disgusting. The ref's should be fired

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3067
RE: The Packers - 9/11/2017 8:25:50 AM   
Lynn G.

The "block in the back" was actually a touch on the shoulder and the ejection only seemed to target the Seattle player. Since the Packer player was the one that started the tussle, most people would think either eject both of them or neither of them. These refs went with ejecting one of them and shockingly they picked the Seattle player, not the instigator.

They did their job! Rodgers threw a pick-six and they figured out a way to undo it.

Post #: 3068
RE: The Packers - 9/11/2017 10:12:15 PM   
Tim Cady

Even my wife code name Cutie Packer, thought that was play result was ridiculous. Adams pulled Lane down by the facemask and the big fatty was already past Rodgers. Not a block in the back by any common sense of the interpretation of a block in the back.

Just like tonight she asked me what the Vikings were doing tackling Drew Brees, "He is a favorite of the refs just like Aaron, you can't expect to tackle him and not get a flag." She laughed, dropped her imaginary mic and went go tub at that point. She is not apologetic for the favoritism.

Post #: 3069
RE: The Packers - 9/12/2017 11:55:34 AM   
Lynn G.

They (meaning Packer fans) never are apologetic. It's been their life for so long (Favre was one of the most favored QB's of all time) that they feel entitled to special treatment. I love that Buck and Aikman verbalized their thoughts on this (I didn't hear it because I wasn't watching anymore at that time but I heard about it). Maybe somehow it will trickle back to the commissioner's office and reffing crews will be reminded that they can't show favoritism.

Yes, and I believe in tiny little fairies living in the woods too.

Post #: 3070
RE: The Packers - 9/12/2017 1:38:36 PM   
Tim Cady

Oh Aikman spoke out several times, but I thought Buck was transparently silent regarding anything to do with Packer favoritism. I was listening hard as I have really had a beef with Buck going back to the Moss Moon.

Post #: 3071
RE: The Packers - 9/13/2017 12:29:04 AM   
marty

When the Vikes play the Packers, should the Vikes intercept Rodgers, defenders need to be instructed to not touch Rodgers.

Make it a challenge for the refs. If you can get things rolling like Atlanta did on them in the playoffs, the refs give up after a while.
Post #: 3072
RE: The Packers - 9/20/2017 1:13:41 PM   
marty

The Packers OTs knew they were likely to lose at Atlanta, along with Nelson and Daniels early on.

Just like Sam Bradford knew the Vikes would losexpect at Pittsburgh, not the same as playing a soft New Orleans defense at home.

Players sometimes allow themselves to be injured, and feel wanted when they are missed.
Post #: 3073
RE: The Packers - 9/20/2017 3:06:23 PM   
Lynn G.

If only Aaron Rodgers wanted to be injured for an entire season.

Post #: 3074
RE: The Packers - 9/21/2017 10:08:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

When the Vikes play the Packers, should the Vikes intercept Rodgers, defenders need to be instructed to not touch Rodgers.

Make it a challenge for the refs. If you can get things rolling like Atlanta did on them in the playoffs, the refs give up after a while.

I'm thinking as a result of the INT, and the likelihood of more to come, that Erin will subconsciously injure himself. So you are spot on here, no need for the Vikes players to touch Erin in this situation.
Post #: 3075
Page:   <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode