Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Packers - 10/16/2018 8:26:24 AM   
ronhextall

How bad of a coach is/was Jeff Fisher?

LOL, the Rams performance since he left sure makes him look bad.
Post #: 3126
RE: The Packers - 10/16/2018 10:06:47 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

He was terrible. They were kind enough to let him go just moments before he was to become the losingest coach of all time. Rest assured though - that six trillion football arguments ended with 'well he's an NFL head coach and you're just a regular person so you don't know squat'. Turns out that sometimes the 'regular person' is correct all along!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3127
RE: The Packers - 10/17/2018 8:50:04 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

He was terrible. They were kind enough to let him go just moments before he was to become the losingest coach of all time. Rest assured though - that six trillion football arguments ended with 'well he's an NFL head coach and you're just a regular person so you don't know squat'. Turns out that sometimes the 'regular person' is correct all along!

Rich Kotite, Leslie Frazier and Wayne Fontes disagree.
Post #: 3128
RE: The Packers - 10/17/2018 9:39:49 AM   
SoMnFan

Good (bad) list

I'd add Gym Shortz to it.
Man, the Lions have picked some doozys.
(and yeah, I realize he's been a pretty decent coordinator in Philly, still ...)
Post #: 3129
RE: The Packers - 11/4/2018 11:24:29 PM   
marty

The Fackers' defense does a great job of disguising things until the last second, thankfully the Patriots figured out how to beat it, helping future teams have a blueprint for beating it.

The Packers' D is still vulnerable to the run, and for giving up the big play, Pettine takes chances.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3130
RE: The Packers - 11/4/2018 11:29:42 PM   
marty

Loved seeing the Packers lose, and all the Packer fans in the bar I was in, they left when the Packers were only down 1 TD with 10 minutes left in the game

If [I don't think it would] winning the Super Bowl made many Viking fans as arrogant, and gave the same sense of entitlement I sense from many Packer fans, I wouldn't want the Vikings to ever win the Super Bowl, and would then prefer being hungry the rest of my life.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3131
RE: The Packers - 11/4/2018 11:47:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Loved seeing the Packers lose, and all the Packer fans in the bar I was in, they left when the Packers were only down 1 TD with 10 minutes left in the game

If [I don't think it would] winning the Super Bowl made many Viking fans as arrogant, and gave the same sense of entitlement I sense from many Packer fans, I wouldn't want the Vikings to ever win the Super Bowl, and would then prefer being hungry the rest of my life.

That's Green Bay 'Entitlement Town'
Post #: 3132
RE: The Packers - 11/7/2018 4:16:59 PM   
David F.

I was looking for the spelling of Packer WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling and google took me to a packer fan site. One of the features was a display of fan submissions themed 'How I became a Packer fan'. So many of them - and I mean SO MANY OF THEM - read a lot like this one.

Andrew Weills

Waterville, Ohio

Growing up in Toledo, Ohio we were usually treated to either Lions or Browns games on the local broadcasts on Sunday, neither team giving much reason in the 1970s to earn my childhood's idolization. The Cowboys did though, and I became star struck with Danny White, and Tony Dorsett. I stopped watching pro football regularly in the 80s, and began again in the early 90s as a newly married young man with time to kill on Sundays. I naturally gravitated back to the Cowboys as they were prime for another superbowl run, and didn't disappoint. But there was something about this rookie QB from Green Bay that I was able to watch play during Lions games. He was something special and got me paying more attention to the Packer organization. What!? A non-profit, community owned professional sports team!? I was smitten. I finally knew it was over between me and Dallas when I found myself rooting for The Packers when they played against each other in the 1994 divisional playoffs. I have bled green and gold ever since!

Every third submission could just as well read, "I follow whoever is winning at the moment".

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3133
RE: The Packers - 11/10/2018 2:44:15 PM   
hrerikl

Brent Kollman's lasted video-- Mike McCarthy's offense is going to break Aaron Rodgers and how to fix it.

hwttps://youtu.be/bax9C8damOU
Post #: 3134
RE: The Packers - 12/3/2018 7:19:41 PM   
marty

I like that the Packers let McCarthy go, he has led the team to a SB win, knows how to do it.

There is a chance the Packers will hire a Ray Rhodes, a Brad Childress, a Mike Tice, a Leslie Frazier, etc.... A HC that is unlikely to lead them to a SB win.

Hopefully it was Rodgers that got McCarthy fired, and Rodgers becomes a prima donna that his teammates can't stand, and his career spirals downward, and he is out of football in a few years, loses his desire.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3135
RE: The Packers - 12/3/2018 7:31:00 PM   
marty

The only HC on the quick list of candidates for the Packers' job that I do NOT want to see the Packers get is: John Harbaugh.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3136
RE: The Packers - 12/4/2018 8:37:09 AM   
Lynn G.

Maybe Urban Meyers. He just announced he's retiring from OSU.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3137
RE: The Packers - 12/4/2018 8:41:14 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Maybe Urban Meyers. He just announced he's retiring from OSU.

Same thought Lynn

Sleazy Urban thinks too highly of himself to walk away.
Post #: 3138
RE: The Packers - 12/4/2018 10:46:05 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The only HC on the quick list of candidates for the Packers' job that I do NOT want to see the Packers get is: John Harbaugh.

Would not scare me in the least.
Post #: 3139
RE: The Packers - 12/8/2018 9:31:24 AM   
marty

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-packers-player-has-a-theory-on-why-green-bay-has-been-so-bad-this-year/amp

Damarious Randall blames Gutekunst, that would be GREAT if he is the problem, and continues to be so for the next few years .

If Randall is right, McCarthy might be fine as an OC for the Vikes, and his emphasis on the run, might be more in line with Zimmer.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3140
RE: The Packers - 12/13/2018 10:12:02 AM   
marty

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/akiem-hicks-nobodys-forgotten-aaron-rodgers-little-comments/amp/

I love it, and hope the Bears are pumped to beat Aarrogant Rodgers and the Packers

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3141
RE: The Packers - 3/21/2020 12:22:53 PM   
marty

A little Manitowoc Minute humor:

https://youtu.be/XyZd58bKOnA

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3142
RE: The Packers - 3/21/2020 12:41:50 PM   
marty

Manitowoc Minute [Charlie Berens] on the coronavirus:

https://youtu.be/68Xjjy4knSA

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3143
RE: The Packers - 4/27/2020 3:12:42 PM   
Trekgeekscott

I just have to say this

Packers has one absolutely glaring need.

WR

In a WR rich draft.

AND THEY DRAFTED NONE....

Counting on Rodgers showing his age soon? Trying to get him to look more pedestrian?

Then, when their next least of a need RB, they drafted another one in the second round..

I am just not getting the strategy here,

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3144
RE: The Packers - 4/27/2020 3:14:24 PM   
Lynn G.

The entire country would be better off if we could go a full decade in which neither the Patriots, the Packers, or the Cowboys are remotely relevant. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3145
RE: The Packers - 4/28/2020 5:21:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I just have to say this

Packers has one absolutely glaring need.

WR

In a WR rich draft.

AND THEY DRAFTED NONE....

Counting on Rodgers showing his age soon? Trying to get him to look more pedestrian?

Then, when their next least of a need RB, they drafted another one in the second round..

I am just not getting the strategy here,

Yeah, I'm not getting it either. But I'm lovin' it.
Post #: 3146
RE: The Packers - 11/17/2021 8:14:21 PM   
marty

I think the negative writers in Minnesota make for a mediocre team and climate, not a SB winning climate. There latest attempt is to ask how long will it be before JJ wants out like Diggs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3147
RE: The Packers - 11/17/2021 8:42:04 PM   
marty

With Rodgers out, even though the Packers lost to the Chiefs, the media spin in Wisconsin was that Love showed some potential by throwing for a TD, putting them in a possible position to win the game, and the defense shutting down the Chiefs in KC, showed the Packers have a "Championship", or "Super Bowl" defense.

Despite the fact that the Chief's offense had been struggling, and their defense even moreso.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3148
RE: The Packers - 11/17/2021 8:44:03 PM   
marty

I was hoping the Packers would keep their DC from last year, even though he had some innovative schemes, hos defenses in Cleveland and Green Bay always seemed to give up the big play.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3149
RE: The Packers - 11/17/2021 8:50:02 PM   
marty

I was wishing KC had gotten Covid, just so we could see what Mond might do with the Vikings' offense, but also realize 1 game doesn't mean much.

Had Mond started and did what Love did at KC, I wonder what the media and Minnesota would have said. Probably would have said just 1 TD against that weak KC defense doesn't show much.

And had the Vikes had a performance like the Packer's defense, probably that it was still a loss, and isn't all that much considering the Chief's offense this year, and Chief's team that is in SB loser hangover mode.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3150
Page:   <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: The Packers Page: <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode