Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/13/2012 5:55:25 PM   
JT2

Geno came back down to earth today.
Post #: 226
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/13/2012 7:05:27 PM   
Ian Joseph

Way back.. He's good, but he's not nearly the prospect Art thinks he is..

The good thing is unless the Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders and perhaps the Cowboys pick first, Geno Smith probably goes to a team that doesnt actually need a quarterback in the interim. He can sit on the bench, learn and wait for someone's contract to expire or for them to get injured.

The only way he doesnt go first at this point is if Barkley turns it waaay up the rest of the way.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 227
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/19/2012 9:36:53 PM   
McMurfy

Oregon looked as good as they've ever looked last night when their starters we still in.
5 games left, 4 of them should be challenging.

Go Ducks!

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 228
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/19/2012 10:18:34 PM   
drew

I'm a believer McMurfy. They are so fun to watch on offense, but the defense is nothing to sneeze at either. I hope they play someone in the SEC in the title game, that would be fun to watch!
Post #: 229
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/19/2012 10:59:45 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Way back.. He's good, but he's not nearly the prospect Art thinks he is..

The good thing is unless the Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders and perhaps the Cowboys pick first, Geno Smith probably goes to a team that doesnt actually need a quarterback in the interim. He can sit on the bench, learn and wait for someone's contract to expire or for them to get injured.

The only way he doesnt go first at this point is if Barkley turns it waaay up the rest of the way.

The kid hasn't thrown an INT this year.
Hella TD passes though.
Yards.
Pocket presence.
Smart.
Size.
Not fast but he has quicks.
Built to last.
It's probably the kiss of death but I like this kid.

Barry Zito with the fedora at the press conference. Ye-ah.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 230
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 7:15:48 PM   
JT2

Tavon Austin is a beast.
Post #: 231
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 7:55:10 PM   
JT2

Geno's really struggling tonight.
Post #: 232
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 7:57:54 PM   
JT2

KState is the real deal. I know it's WVU's defense, but Klein looks almost as good as Chad May.
Post #: 233
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:02:35 PM   
Steve Lentz

Bill Snyder might be the best coach in college football.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 234
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:07:05 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Bill Snyder might be the best coach in college football.

He's one of the best for sure. And he has a pretty long list of former assistants that have done pretty well.
Post #: 235
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:16:58 PM   
JT2

Smith lost his confidence.
Post #: 236
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:23:27 PM   
JT2

Mack Brown is stealing money right now. $5 million+ per year, one of the easiest places to recruit in the country and that team just looks awful.
Post #: 237
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:24:01 PM   
JT2

Klein is carving 'em up.
Post #: 238
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 8:52:22 PM   
Yeah I'm starting to wonder about Geno now.
He looked so good early on ... until he played the big boys.
Told ya ... I'm the kiss of death.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 239
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:03:38 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

I like Geno. You were just a little premature in giving him the crown. Tajh Boyd has had a couple of great stretches, two years in a row, but he's no RG3 either. And he has arguably the best tandem of WR's in the country.
Post #: 240
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:16:42 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

I like Geno. You were just a little premature in giving him the crown. Tajh Boyd has had a couple of great stretches, two years in a row, but he's no RG3 either. And he has arguably the best tandem of WR's in the country.

I like him ... but he's definitely not at the level I thought he was.
To be at that level he has to play better against the K-States and Texas Tech's of the world.

K-State kicking a FG at the end of the game was bush league. Surprised at Snyder.
Shoot, Chip Kelly takes his starters out at the half when they're up 43-7 with no regard for the final score.

Post #: 241
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:25:50 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

To be at that level he has to play better against the K-States and Texas Tech's of the world.

K-State kicking a FG at the end of the game was bush league. Surprised at Snyder.
Shoot, Chip Kelly takes his starters out at the half when they're up 43-7 with no regard for the final score.

Yet nobody gets pissed when South Carolina kicks a late FG, down by 30.

KState scores a lot of TD's, the kicker needs practice.

Honestly, I never understood this argument. Should the team up by 40, in the 4th quarter, just take a knee every time they get the ball?
Post #: 242
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:42:09 PM   
JT2

OSU's comeback with Guyton at QB was impressive.

Nebraska's comeback was impressive and quick. Martinez looked like Marino in the 4th quarter.
Post #: 243
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:48:21 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly, I never understood this argument. Should the team up by 40, in the 4th quarter, just take a knee every time they get the ball?

It's called rubbing it in.
Sportsmanship.
You won. Big.
Don't rub the guy's face in it.
Did they really need a FG ahead by 40 points?

I don't understand kicking a FG when you're behind by 40 either.
But that's just stupid. It's not running up the score.

Post #: 244
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:49:47 PM   
quote:

OSU's comeback with Guyton at QB was impressive.

Nebraska's comeback was impressive and quick. Martinez looked like Marino in the 4th quarter.

Both impressive but I don't think anyone is ever gonna confuse Martinez with Marino.

Post #: 245
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:55:52 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sportsmanship.
You won. Big.

KState did empty the bench. There's no substitute for game experience for the young guys. You want to teach them how NOT to play?

Again, what do you consider acceptable for an offense to do when they are up by 40? Should they kneel? Never pass? Practice the 1st down punt?

Coach the young guys, give 'em real game experience, reward them for their practice. I can't see any other way to do it.
Post #: 246
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 9:58:55 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sportsmanship.
You won. Big.

KState did empty the bench. There's no substitute for game experience for the young guys. You want to teach them how NOT to play?

Again, what do you consider acceptable for an offense to do when they are up by 40? Should they kneel? Never pass? Practice the 1st down punt?

Coach the young guys, give 'em real game experience, reward them for their practice. I can't see any other way to do it.

I'm old school.
Put the young guys in. Run the ball. Throw a pass or two if you have a young QB to groom.
But never ever kick a FG.

Post #: 247
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 10:00:58 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sportsmanship.
You won. Big.

I'm old school.
Put the young guys in. Run the ball. Throw a pass or two if you have a young QB to groom.

And if they go for it on 4th down, a conservative run up the middle that nets a first down, people scream that they are rubbing it in.

A FG is a sign of surrender.
Post #: 248
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 10:08:43 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sportsmanship.
You won. Big.

I'm old school.

And if they go for it on 4th down, a conservative run up the middle that nets a first down, people scream that they are rubbing it in.

A FG is a sign of surrender.

Still surprised at Snyder doing that.
He's been around long enough to know coaches etiquette.

Around here people get on Chip for pulling everyone on O and D and letting the other team make the score look closer than the game really is.
I'm not one of them though.
Like you say ... let the kids get the experience because they are your future.
It's the best thing for the program.
Better to have a frosh try and muscle a first down against a unit trying to stop you on 4th down than have a kicker put up a meaningless 3.

Do I win?

Post #: 249
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 10/20/2012 10:10:59 PM   
JT2

Yes.

You wore me down.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode