Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  361 362 [363] 364 365   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 10:33:45 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m fully vaccinated..

I wear my mask, in public places, Because of the idiots who refuse to get vaccinated, could be right next to me..

I carry my high alcohol content hand sanitizer with me everywhere.

I am 64..

I want to make it to my daughters 19th birthday..

8 more years, 9 months..

I hope she makes it…

Given the mindset of the people who now control her life..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 9051
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 10:35:34 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

I find it interesting that Cousins is constantly dragged through this

But Smith and Thielen aren’t grilled
"leader
Maybe it’s because Cousins opened his mouth publicly

Or because Cousins is Cousins and there those who will attack him for anything.

Seriously Tim? Don't know if your intent was to imply this but one could certainly infer that Cousins is unfairly targeted with criticism.

Perhaps it's the position he plays. Seems to me the QB position is typically a leadership position on a team, more than positions like wide receiver.

Did you give RandBall this idea....he wrote, hopefully tongue in cheek, that Vikings shouldn't go out of their way to alienate poor Cousins.

Read the comments.

The guy is an overpaid QB who wears his religion on his sleeve and has essentially said god will protect him. If not the team, maybe the fool should be concerned about the health and well being of his family rather than their spiritual well being.

I don't attack Cousins because he is Kirk Cousins. I criticize him because he sucks as a player.

That he sucks as a leader is another issue but given his position, seems it is hard to separate on field performance and on and off field leadership.

Jesus Christ Miles, calm down. Are you really going to deny that there are people in this forum who blame Cousins for everything short of kidnapping the Lindberg baby? Check the Vikings thread. We had one of the worst defenses, special teams and offensive lines in football last year, but there are still some who insist that missing the playoffs was Cousins fault.

No doubt, Cousins brings a lot of criticism on himself. His refusal to get vaccinated is moronic and idiotic. Ed's point was that Cousins is rightly getting heat, but there are other unvaccinated "leaders" on the team who also refuse to do so, who are relatively unscathed. I think it fits in the pattern.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9052
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 10:39:50 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Smith and Thielen get their share when their names come up. But neither guy has positioned himself as a 1-man media circus like Kirk does.

Most seem to be disappointed in Smith and Thielen and think they're selfish for putting the players/coaches and even the season at risk for misguided attitudes.

Does our best player ever get mentioned?

Eric Kendricks, Patrick Peterson, and Justin Jefferson are among the Vikings players who are confirmed as fully vaccinated.

Mark is talking about the fear of mentioning Cook; you know Dalvin. The will bash Cousins and to a less extent Thielen and Smith but not a word to Cook and he is said to be a leader....

I would think all are leaders of the team and should catch the same wrath but that is just me.

I haven't heard if Cook is vaccinated or not.

If not, then he's as much of a dumbass as Cousins, Smith and Thielen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-covid-vaccine-osterholm-epidimiologist-fda-approval-cousins-zimmer

Earlier this month, it was reported that the Vikings had the NFL's lowest percentage of players with at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine. That lagging vaccination rate is headlined by the presence of an anti-vax quarterback in Kirk Cousins and several other star players who have not gotten the shot. Adam Thielen, Harrison Smith, Dalvin Cook, Sheldon Richardson, and Dalvin Tomlinson are among the prominent players believed to be in that group.
————————-

So… nope.. not yet..

Which removes him from my list of TEAM Leaders and tosses him into the derp dumbass pool…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 9053
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 10:44:26 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I don’t care how good a player is..

This pandemic far transcends Football..

These people fail to realize the direct influence they have on others.

Social media and the uninformed “ expert” is where the blame, squarely lies.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, are all contributing to killing people.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 9054
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 12:26:37 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Smith and Thielen get their share when their names come up. But neither guy has positioned himself as a 1-man media circus like Kirk does.

Most seem to be disappointed in Smith and Thielen and think they're selfish for putting the players/coaches and even the season at risk for misguided attitudes.

There's really no reason to root for any of the 3. Is it as bad as rooting for a domestic violence offender? It's not, I guess. But you hear so many people rightly say, you hit a woman, I will not support you on my team anymore. How about refusing to get vaccinated and hurting numerous innocent people because of it? There are people that won't root for players on their team because they kneel for the National Anthem. And, comparatively speaking, I would say it's certainly more reasonable to not root for someone because they refuse to get vaccinated. Kneeling for the National Anthem isn't hurting others. Not getting vaccinated and willfully participating in a contact sport is likely hurting others.

NICE POST

Agree

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 9055
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 2:38:24 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

quote:

"leader

Or because Cousins is Cousins and there those who will attack him for anything.

Seriously Tim? Don't know if your intent was to imply this but one could certainly infer that Cousins is unfairly targeted with criticism.

Perhaps it's the position he plays. Seems to me the QB position is typically a leadership position on a team, more than positions like wide receiver.

Did you give RandBall this idea....he wrote, hopefully tongue in cheek, that Vikings shouldn't go out of their way to alienate poor Cousins.

Read the comments.

The guy is an overpaid QB who wears his religion on his sleeve and has essentially said god will protect him. If not the team, maybe the fool should be concerned about the health and well being of his family rather than their spiritual well being.

I don't attack Cousins because he is Kirk Cousins. I criticize him because he sucks as a player.

That he sucks as a leader is another issue but given his position, seems it is hard to separate on field performance and on and off field leadership.

Jesus Christ Miles, calm down. Are you really going to deny that there are people in this forum who blame Cousins for everything short of kidnapping the Lindberg baby? Check the Vikings thread. We had one of the worst defenses, special teams and offensive lines in football last year, but there are still some who insist that missing the playoffs was Cousins fault.

No doubt, Cousins brings a lot of criticism on himself. His refusal to get vaccinated is moronic and idiotic. Ed's point was that Cousins is rightly getting heat, but there are other unvaccinated "leaders" on the team who also refuse to do so, who are relatively unscathed. I think it fits in the pattern.

1. Cousins isn't as bad at football as some people claim. When it isn't crunch time he's actually pretty accurate. doesn't throw a lot of INTs, and leads the team down the field well.

2. where that falls apart is when you get to crunch time. two minute drills, coming back from behind. He's not very good at orchestrating comebacks. some of this in on the coaching staff as they have been terrible at clock management for years.

3. Cousins is a QB. A leader on the team by default because of his position. He takes more criticism partly because of this.

4. Cousins is also taking more flack than the likes of Smith, Cook, Theilen on the COVID thing because he just missed a bunch of time in training camp because of it...and still refuses to do what is best for the team and get vaccinated. It's his choice, but it is my choice to say "**** him" because of it. I do NOT give the other unvaccinated players a pass because any one of them may cause the forfeiture of a game this year. That I can't stomach. It is not a political issue. It is not a religion issue. It is a public and team health issue and the NFL rules are pretty clear on this issue this year.

5. Cousins backups are currently god awful, so even if the game isn't forfeited because he gets COVID it will probably cost us a game.

Most of this is MOOT if Cousins doesn't get COVID and misses no time. Which he seems dedicated to taking as many precautions as he can to avoid it...but still...all it takes is one contact that he didn't expect. and bam. the Vikings are ****ed.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 9056
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 3:24:04 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Most of this is MOOT if Cousins doesn't get COVID and misses no time. Which he seems dedicated to taking as many precautions as he can to avoid it...but still...all it takes is one contact that he didn't expect. and bam. the Vikings are ****ed.

Except for the single biggest precaution...
Post #: 9057
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/24/2021 4:02:56 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Except for the single biggest precaution...

Yep

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 9058
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/26/2021 8:17:00 AM   
twinsfan

Is Teddy Bridgewater a Bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL? And wasn't it supposedly a big deal when we let him go?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9059
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/26/2021 8:35:15 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Is Teddy Bridgewater a Bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL? And wasn't it supposedly a big deal when we let him go?

IMO he never proved to be a legit NFL winner, with his injury he never got a good chance.

He is a stop-gap, game manager, career back-up. Nothing wrong with that, he has made generations of wealth. Not a guy you build a Super Bowl winning team around.
Post #: 9060
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/26/2021 8:36:23 AM   
ronhextall

My guess is after this season you better be damn near Mahomes level to be an unvaccinated NFL QB.

just isn't worth the risk, and I anticipate teams finding that out the hard way.
Post #: 9061
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/27/2021 8:17:19 PM   
MDK

Vikings still haven't scored an offensive TD in preseason.

They'll be ready when the season starts.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 9062
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/27/2021 8:35:08 PM   
twinsfan

I wanna hold you in the bible-black predawn
You're quite a quiet domino, bury me now
Take off your band-aid 'cause I don't believe in touchdowns

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9063
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/12/2021 12:39:07 PM  1 votes
MDK

Vikings offensive scheme is still a joke
Offensive line is terrible again.
Cousins looks like a rookie

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 9064
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/12/2021 1:58:03 PM   
Mister Ed

Leaky offensive line
Leaky defensive line

Penalties

Good job getting them ready for the season coach.

What was old is new again
Post #: 9065
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/12/2021 3:00:15 PM   
MDK

Vikings, under coach Zimmer, the defensive guru, not getting the job done

Post #: 9066
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/19/2021 6:21:22 PM   
twinsfan

PA!! It is GOOOOOD!!! I am not kidding. 🤣🤣

Almost a fireable offense. You're on radio for chrissakes.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9067
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 8:22:56 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

There was a lot of improvement on offense , but our head coaches, specialty, defense, was a sieve..

Running game was on point, and pass pro was not horrible at first, but pass pro weakened, on a downward slope all, game, long.

Maybe conditioning and playing the OL a lot more in P S might have helped.

Penalties were way down, which is a good thing.

Nick Vigil and Erik Kendricks, played well, safeties were “ adequate”, CB’s in coverage, and the DL, side to side and up the gut, in contain and run support, were, quite frankly, pathetic.

Westbrook is not a punt returner.. FFS don’t field punts inside the 15 and run backwards, signal fair catch and let what happens, happen..

Westbrook helped Arizona flip the field with just plain stupid play.

I’d cut him.

We came out on FIRE, looked like world beaters, then reverted to Zimmerball.

Played conservative, let Arizona get back in with big plays, ended up losing, wide right…

Where have we lived that Sunday before?

Forever.

Fire Zimmer, ditch Spielman.

Do it now.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 9068
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 9:00:42 AM   
Mister Ed

quote:

Fire Zimmer, ditch Spielman.

Do it now

Please

ASAP

I get Westbrook want to make a play and all

But use the ball iQ that you have to make one better decision

Post #: 9069
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 9:01:41 AM   
Mister Ed

Defense sieve

Fire Patterson as the scapegoat
Can’t fire Gandpas son

Post #: 9070
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 9:04:30 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Defense sieve

Fire Patterson as the scapegoat
Can’t fire Gandpas son

Like I posted on the Vikings thread...If you can't figure out how to run a modern NFL offense, how are you going to figure out how to stop one?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9071
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 9:20:40 AM   
Mister Ed

When they rolled in the first half
I had a friend message me as I wasn’t watching

Having been in Marshall for softball

My response

Someone else must be calling plays vs last week
Then the second half came

That was more like last week

Post #: 9072
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 9:26:14 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

My response

Started at the end of the first half. The decision making and clock management in those two minutes were vintage Zimmer.

Post #: 9073
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 9/20/2021 10:52:45 AM   
Mister Ed

quote:

quote:

My response

Started at the end of the first half. The decision making and clock management in those two minutes were vintage Zimmer.

Post #: 9074
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/3/2021 2:48:59 PM   
MDK

Goodbye Zimmer and Kubiak.
Only team I know that runs on 1st down, gets one yard. On second down, they do a play action pass which fools know one.
Every person on defense knows they won't run so why the play action.

Dumbest playcalling that isn't even on a HS level.

Kubiak never payed his dues to be named offensive coordinator. Nepotism.

Post #: 9075
Page:   <<   < prev  361 362 [363] 364 365   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  361 362 [363] 364 365   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode