Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Players and prospects III

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Players and prospects III Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Players and prospects III - 8/30/2018 10:59:13 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Buxton is now 17 hits in 44 at bats for a 386 avg since returning from the DL in Rochester. In that time, he has 1 HR, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 10 runs and 7 rbi's. Only one BB and with 10 K's. The latter needs to improve.

So much now depends on Buxton. With the Twins lacking star power, he needs to be it. Next year. Immediately. And I mean by June he needs to playing like an all star. No slow start batting .150 and striking out every 3 at bats. If he isn't productive right out of the chute I'm done with him.

I am in the same place. Patterns are sometimes hard to fathom, but Buxton has started the season like a steaming hot mess every single year. This tells me he is never going to get the mental aspect of being a major leaguer down if something isn't different next year. There is a psychology to the game and if he is going to be hitting under .200 by the first day of summer again what freaking good is he?

Who even knows if he can play that far into the season without knocking himself unconscious? If he is hitting under .200 by the fist day of summer I cut him loose with no regrets. He simply isn't going to be anything that good if he performs like that. Not only that, the injury factor looms large for guys who predicate their whole game on speed.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 7701
RE: Players and prospects III - 8/31/2018 8:07:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

quote:

Buxton is now 17 hits in 44 at bats for a 386 avg since returning from the DL in Rochester. In that time, he has 1 HR, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 10 runs and 7 rbi's. Only one BB and with 10 K's. The latter needs to improve.

So much now depends on Buxton. With the Twins lacking star power, he needs to be it. Next year. Immediately. And I mean by June he needs to playing like an all star. No slow start batting .150 and striking out every 3 at bats. If he isn't productive right out of the chute I'm done with him.

I am in the same place. Patterns are sometimes hard to fathom, but Buxton has started the season like a steaming hot mess every single year. This tells me he is never going to get the mental aspect of being a major leaguer down if something isn't different next year. There is a psychology to the game and if he is going to be hitting under .200 by the first day of summer again what freaking good is he?

Who even knows if he can play that far into the season without knocking himself unconscious? If he is hitting under .200 by the fist day of summer I cut him loose with no regrets. He simply isn't going to be anything that good if he performs like that. Not only that, the injury factor looms large for guys who predicate their whole game on speed.

I think whatever he is doing in the offseason isn't working....eerily similar to Hicks.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7702
RE: Players and prospects III - 8/31/2018 12:13:14 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

quote:

I think whatever he is doing in the offseason isn't working....eerily similar to Hicks.

Hicks plays golf. Buxton, not sure what he does. He needs to spend mega-time in a batting cage.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 7703
RE: Players and prospects III - 8/31/2018 3:38:28 PM   
Mr. Ed

After last night

Kirilloff now at a combined 19 homers, 100 RBIs on the season.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7704
RE: Players and prospects III - 8/31/2018 10:35:32 PM   
Mr. Ed

Friday AUG 31 2018

Eliz opened up round 1 of the playoffs winning 7-3

13 hits

Robles 2-5/R/3RBI, Severino 3-5/double/2R, Celestino 2-4/BB/2R HR/2R/2RBI, De La Torre 3-5/2RBI, Akins 2-4/BB/SB/E(1), Williams 1-3/2BB/2R/SB

Winder WP 6IP 4H/R/8
Perez .2IP H/R/3BB/2K
Blank 2.1IP 0-3 IRS H/R/2BB/5K/HR/Save

FTM got drilled 10-2

Kirilloff 1-1/3BB/Solo HR97), Lewis 2-4

Jax 3-4 2.2IP 8H/6R/5ER/2BB/K
Marnon 2IP 2-2 IRS 5H/2R/BB/K/HR
Phillips 2.1IP 0-1 IRS 2K
Bray 2IP 6H/2R/K/HR

Roch just 5 hits, allowed 4 and lost 3-1

Buxton 0-3/K, Kemmer 2-3, Wade 1-4/double/R

Thorpe 0-3 7IP 4H/3UER/BB/7K/HR/E(1)
Harper 2IP

Chatt 4-1 winner on 7 hit combo

Raley 1-3/BB/sac fly/2RBI, Kerrigan 3-4/double/RBi, Arraez 2-5/2R, Wilkins 1-4/double/Bb/RBI, Rooker 0-4/Bb

T. Wells 2-2 5.2IP 5H/R/4BB/8K
Crosby 1.1IP 0-1 IRS H/BB/2K
Jay IP H
Smeltzer IP K/Save(3)

Cedar Rapids 4 run 8th, 5-2 win

Maciel 3-4/R, Davis 1-4/Grand slam HR #9), Tademo 2-3/double/BB, Helman 1-3/BB/R/RBi, Larnach 0-3/bb

Acosta 5IP 5H/2R/BB/2K
Goez 2IP 2H
Neff 1-0 2IP K

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7705
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/1/2018 9:48:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

Saturday SEPT 1 2018

Eliz series tied at 1 after 7-6 extra inning loss, in 10

was tied at 3 after 9

Deciding game Sunday

Williams 2-3/2BB/R/RBI, Robles 2-3/BB/RBI, Celestino 1-4/BB/2R/RBI

Drew 7 walks, aided by 4 errors

but the pitching gave up 15 hits

Rijo 5IP 9H/3R/BB/4K
Funderburk LP 4.1IP 4H/4R/3ER/2BB/2K
Cha .2IP 2-2 IRS 2H

Rochester lost 2-1 on 6 hits

Vargas 2-4/RBI(70), Gordon 1-4/triple(4)/R

Romero 4-5 3IP 3H/2R/5BB/3K
Baxendale IP 2H
Enns 5IP 4H/BB/2K

Chatt lost 7-5

Raley 3-5/double/triple/R/3RBI, Navaretto 3-3/double/R, Wilkins 1-5/solo HR(12), Rooker 1-3/2BB/RBI(79)/SB(6)

Sammons 0-1 4IP 5H/6R/5ER/3BB/6K
Ramirez 2IP H/R/BB/4K
Clay 2IP 2H/BB/2K

FTM lost 5-2, in 10 innings, and will need a win and a Charlott loss Sunday to get into a first place tie

Lewis 1-5, Kirilloff 0-5, Miranda 1-4/solo HR93)

Colina 6.2IP 7H/2R/9K/HR
Mason 2.1IP 0-2 IRS H/3K
Lujan 5-5 IP 4H/3R/2ER/2K

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7706
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/1/2018 10:06:59 PM   
Mr. Ed

10 more hits for CR Saturday night in 5-2 win

Larnach 2-3/double(7)/R/RBI(10), Rodriguez 2-4/double(21)/RBI, Maciel 2-5/double, Helman 1-4/2R/SB(4), Montesino 2-3/BB2R/2SB(3), Jeffers 1-4/double(10)/BB/RBI(17)

Suniaga 4-4 7IP 5H/R/BB/5K
Finkel 2IP 3H/UER/BB/K/Save(3)

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7707
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/2/2018 8:05:21 PM   
CPAMAN

IMO, any future discussion about Byron Buxton should be reserved for this thread and I am as guilty as anyone of following the thread rules. Buxton is not playing for the Twins so he is presently a prospect. He is not playing any games in a Twins uniform so the Game Day thread is not where discussion should take place.

My BAD.

Post #: 7708
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/2/2018 8:40:41 PM   
Mr. Ed

SUNDAY SEPT 2 2018

FTM got in the playoffs with a 2-1 win and a Charlotte loss

in their win, Whitefield 2-3/double/R/RBI/2SB(20), Carrier 1-4/R, Kirilloff 2-3/BB/SB(3), Lewis 0-4/3K, Rinn 2-4/double

Graterol 4.2IP 3H/2BB/4K
Moran 6-1 2.1IP 2H/R/K
Davis 2IP 3K/Save(4)

Eliz advanced to the Appalachian League championship series with a 5-2 win. 11 hits

Severino 3-5/R/RBI, Celestino 2-5/2RBI/2SB, Encarnacion 2-3/BB/R/RBi, Cosgrove 1-3/double/BB/R, Keirsey 1-3/2BB/R

Cabezas 4.1ip H/R/5BB/5K
Rapp 1-0 3.2IP 0-1 IRS 4H?R/BB/K
Howell IP/Save

Roch walked off 6-5 on a 2 R HR by Wiel(1-3/HR#3/R/3RBI)
Vargas 2-4/double/2 R HR(21)/2R/2RBI, Hazelbaker 1-3/Solo HR(11), Gordon 1-3/BBB/R

Bencomo 7IP 5H/5R/2BB/6K/HR/2 pickoffs(both at first)
N.Anderson 8-2 2IP 5K

Chatt lost 2-1

Kerrigan 2-4/RBI, ROoker/Kranson/Raley 1-4, Davis 1-4/double/R

Adams 2IP H/3K
Marzi 0-8 4.2I 5H/R/3K/Pickoff at first
Stashak 1.1IP 0-1 IRS 2H/R/K

Cedar Rapids 8 game win streak was ended 9-4 loss

Baddoo 2-2/2 doubles (22)/RBI(40), Pearson 1-3/Solo HR(7), Montesino 1-4/Solo HR(1), Jeffers 1-4, Larnach DNP

Dobnak 2IP 2H/R/K
Molina 3IP 6H3R/K
Quezada 1-1 2IP 3H/2UER/BB
Martinez IP 4H/3R/2K

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7709
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 9:26:28 AM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

IMO, any future discussion about Byron Buxton should be reserved for this thread and I am as guilty as anyone of following the thread rules. Buxton is not playing for the Twins so he is presently a prospect. He is not playing any games in a Twins uniform so the Game Day thread is not where discussion should take place.

My BAD.

He was insubordinate walking out on the Red Wings like he did. I don't want to hear that it's only three games and how that won't make a difference in his development. This reaction on his part tells me he is angry and that's fine with me. Only thing is he better direct some of that anger toward himself and it better result in a lot of hard work in the cage this winter. So much of his job has to do with his bat. He is under a delusional mindset and it's been nurtured by the Twins and a lot of fans. This idea that he can hit .200 and still a star.

The bar got lower and lower. I don't have a bar for him now. I have no expectations and yesterday really was a big mistake on his part.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 7710
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 10:48:43 AM   
ewen21

I saw red flares for Buxton this year very early on, and in fact, the article I have linked below. A few things struck me right away....
The first thing was how banged up he gets at such a young age. Here is a guy who is supposed to be some uber athlete and here we are at 24 discussing a multitude of injuries and his mindset for playing through them. THe article portrayed him as having ths warrior mindset of playing through ailments and now we want to use injuries as the excuse as to why he played so horribly? Let us not forget he played the first few weeks healthy and he was slumping right out of the gate. Then the sudden change from cold weather to hot weather in Puerto Rico gave him migraines. I guess the migraines ARE too much for him. I guess they ARE serious. I guess he isn't able to play through them. Newsflash: that is life in the big leagues. If you are playing major league baseball in April you are going to go through sudden weather changes. THat is how it is. Also, to feature him in a long article about how he deals with injuries (to me) was nothing more than a warning. EVERY player deals with and plays with injuries. How is he so unique? Brad Radke pitched with a torn labrum, JOhan Santana pitched a complete game in NY with a torn meniscus in his knee, Shannon Stewart played with plantar fascitis, etc...etc...etc...

Quite frankly, when I read this article I immediately showed my text group (Matt can attest) that there was good reason to be concerned about Buxton given his history of migraines and some of the quotes from him in this article. It almost seems as if he wore it as a badge. As if he fancied himself the Bam Magera or Johnny Knoxville of the major leagues. Reading this he immediately reminded me of Aaron Rowand. Very similar kind of mindset and he was useless by the age of 30.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/28/twins-star-byron-buxton-takes-pride-in-his-ability-to-play-through-pain/
Byron Buxton was scared.

Already on the disabled list with a groin injury, now the Twins’ uber-talented center fielder was fighting the worst migraine he could remember. This was late last July, and as he sat at his locker in the visiting clubhouse at Dodger Stadium, Buxton could barely keep his eyes open.

“”I’ve never fallen asleep in a locker, you know what I mean?” Buxton said in the days leading up to Thursday afternoon’s opener at Baltimore’s Camden Yards. “I was just sitting and my head was hurting, but I didn’t really think about it.”

He got up, went into the trainer’s room and took some Ibuprofen.

“Came back and my head was really hurting now,” he recalled. “I was like, ‘I just took medicine, and it seemed like it got worse. Something ain’t right.’ Every time I felt like I wanted to move, it just seemed like it got worse. So I just stayed as still as possible and before you know it I was out.”

A team doctor prescribed an antidote that Buxton picked up the next day at a Los Angeles-area pharmacy. That helped him with the pain but only sent him deeper into a troubling haze.

“They got me some medicine that was pretty strong,” he said. “It was one of those things where, if I took the pill, I was asleep in like 15 minutes. Every time I felt a migraine coming on, I’d pop one and just go back to sleep. Kind of slept it off, for the most part.”

It took another week before Buxton would return to the lineup on Aug. 1, at home against the San Diego Padres. In the interim, the Twins’ infamously flipped veteran starting pitcher Jaime Garcia and sold off all-star closer Brandon Kintzler by the trade deadline.

Buxton’s uncertain status had to be part of that cold calculation. Then came the stunning resurgence — of Buxton, who hit .298 with 11 home runs and 13 stolen bases over the final two months, and of a Twins team that ripped off a 20-win August and eventually claimed the second American League wild-card spot.

Buxton, who also dodged a bullet with a bruised hamate bone in late August, still gets migraines about once a month, he said, but the stronger medication helps him control their severity.

“It’s just a thing I know I have to put up with,” he said. “When they do come, I just take the medicine, and it just calms it down.”

Hospitalized after a harrowing outfield collision at Double-A New Britain in August 2014, Buxton admittedly wonders if his migraine issues are related to the season-ending concussion he suffered that night.

“It’s possible. It’s very well possible,” he said. “It’s something that I’m never going to rule it out.”

WORST PAIN EVER
Heading into his fourth big-league season and third straight as the Twins’ Opening Day center fielder, Buxton appears poised at age 24 to vault into the game’s stratosphere.

Blessed with all five tools since long before the Twins selected him second overall in the 2012 draft, one spot behind Houston Astros shortstop Carlos Correa, the Georgia-raised Buxton also brandishes a preternatural toughness that both inspires his teammates and frightens his bosses.

Coming off a career-high 140 games played and his first Rawlings Gold Glove Award, he has yet to meet an outfield wall he’s unwilling to hurtle himself into, the latest example coming in the wild-card loss at Yankee Stadium. He made a circus catch at the wall to rob Todd Frazier of extra bases in the second inning of an 8-4 loss, then stayed in for another eight batters defensively before being lifted with what the Twins termed “upper back tightness.”

Buxton, who also stole second and beat out a routine double-play grounder to shortstop before leaving the game, admitted having trouble breathing while conducting postgame interviews.

“You always worry about an injury risk with a guy like that because of the recklessness, but being great sometimes requires some element of recklessness,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said. “You just hope there’s a little bit of intelligence too. I kind of remember having to learn that concept myself a long time ago. People tell you to back it down, but it’s a hard thing to do.”

Mention this to Felton Buxton, and he offers a knowing smile and a slow nod. That’s exactly how he raised his son to play the game.

“There ain’t no sense in playing ball if he ain’t playing 100 percent,” the elder Buxton said during a visit to Twins spring training in Fort Myers, Fla. “I always told him, ‘If you want to play like they’re playing and you want to get there to the next level, you’re going to do what it takes.’ ”

This no-excuses mind-set has been deeply engrained in the young Twins star since his Little League days back in Baxley, Ga. Buxton proudly recalls the summer of 2003, when he was 9 and made his first traveling all-star team with a broken right thumb.

“My dad was tough,” Buxton said with a smile. “He was like, ‘Do you want to play?’ I was like, ‘Yeah, I want to play.’ He said, ‘Well, if you play, you ain’t gonna go out there and do it 50 percent. If you’re gonna play, you’re gonna go out there and you’re gonna give 100 percent. I don’t care about it being hurt. You can deal with it after the game.’ ”

Felton Buxton, who owned a trucking business in the area, would sit his son down before every game that summer and secure his right thumb in a splint.

“He taped it up real good, and I’d just go play,” Buxton said. “It wasn’t too bad. I played every game. We were good. We went to Madison, Ga., and won state. It was awesome, and I had a broken thumb the whole time.”

At the plate Buxton would leave his right thumb pointed straight up the handle, bunting whenever possible and using his speed to get on base. In the four-man outfield, Buxton managed to throw the ball back in without too much difficulty.

“I played left center and just kind of covered all of that,” he said.

There was, however, one excruciating memory from a diving catch Buxton made in a game at Taliaferro County.

“When I caught it, I rolled onto my broken thumb and I could have literally run to my dad,” he said. “I remember crying in the outfield and thinking, ‘This is the worst pain I’ve ever been in.’ I get back to the dugout, and my dad’s like, ‘I know it’s hurting.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, it’s hurting!’ ”

Felton Buxton asked his 9-year-old son if he wanted to come out of the game. Byron Buxton, through his tears, shook his head no.

“I remember it clear as day,” Buxton said. “I kept telling him no. No matter how bad it hurt, I never wanted to come out. Really I think that’s where my tolerance comes from. He was so hard on me. Not only him, but my mom (Carrie) was too.”

No matter how much success he enjoys, Buxton will never lose touch with the lessons of his youth.

“They knew how important work was,” he said, “so they brought me up the right way to know how to go about my business and put in that hard work to get where I want to go. They made me be more accountable for myself.”

QUESTIONS FOR KAREEM
It’s that same steely resolve that allows Buxton to play through migraines from time to time.

“If you haven’t played with a migraine yet, you don’t know what pain is,” he said. “Think about fly balls. You look up, the first thing you’re going to see is a light. You know what I mean? Before I even see the ball, I’m hurting, you know? But it’s something I’m used to. It doesn’t matter, man.”

That series at Dodger Stadium last July, however, was different. He still marvels at how far he spiraled.

“After the first day, I was like, ‘Hopefully it gets a little better,’ ” he said. “As soon as I got to the field the next day, they told me to go home. I guess you could tell I was bad. I’m having glasses on in the clubhouse because of the lights. It wasn’t professional. That wasn’t me. It wasn’t professional for me to do that.”

< Message edited by ewen21 -- 9/3/2018 10:49:50 AM >

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 7711
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 2:16:20 PM   
Mr. Ed

Too bad for Vargas with 22 HRs and nearly 80 rbi's

The Red Wings 2018 MVP and Most Popular Player as voted on by the fans is Willians Astudillo!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7712
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 2:58:44 PM   
Mr. Ed

Roch ends the year 64-76 with a 4-2 10 inning loss

Vargas 2-3/2 doubles (23)/BB/RBI(73). Finishes w/ .240 BA

Gordon 0-3/BB/R finishes .212 at AAA

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Harper 0-3 1.2IP 4H/3R/2ER/2K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7713
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 6:19:44 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

Twins could have played Vargas this season instead of LoMo for the ML minimum salary or thereabouts for Vargas vs. the money they wasted on LoMo and the results would have been better. Why did Vargas spend the entire season at Rochester? I don't get it.

Post #: 7714
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 6:20:31 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

Gordon el-sucko. Terrible season.

Post #: 7715
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 7:47:23 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

Twins could have played Vargas this season instead of LoMo for the ML minimum salary or thereabouts for Vargas vs. the money they wasted on LoMo and the results would have been better. Why did Vargas spend the entire season at Rochester? I don't get it.

Vargas was removed from the 40-man roster long time ago. Remember, the Reds claimed him then DFA'd him? The Twins got him back, put him through waivers with zero claim.

His last month hot streak got him to .240

was setting at about 210 or lower most of the year. At AAA

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7716
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/3/2018 9:12:06 PM   
Mr. Ed

Chattanooga wraps up the season at 65-72

4-2 win Monday

Arraez 2-4/2RBI, Kranson2-3/double/BB/R, Davis 1-4/R/SB(5), Kerrigan 1-3/Solo HR(6)/2RBI, Raley 0-5, Rooker 0-4

Poppen 6.1IP 7H/2R/BB/5K/HR
Jay 4-6 1.2IP 0-1 IRS H
Smeltzer IP H/2K/Save(4)

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7717
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 9:37:29 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

If they had not signed LoMo (or someone similar) this offseason, there would have been tons of bitching about handing the DH job to Vargas.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 7718
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 9:40:28 AM   
Mr. Ed

AA/AAA numbers of note

Astudillo 78 games .276, 17 doubles/triple/12 HRs 38 RBI, 10 BB 14Ks

Buxton 35 games .272 11 doubles/triple/4HR/42 RBI, 9BB/42K

Vargas .240, 21 HR 83 RBO. 58BB/133 K in 130 games.Hit .324 in last 10, .296 for August. April was .190, May .257, June .167, July .224

Granite 68 games, .211, 8 doubles/4RBI, 22BB/28K

Gordon
AA: 42 games, .333, 10 doubles/3 triples/5HR/20RBI, 11BB/27K OPS .906
AAA 99 games, .212, 13 doubles/4 triples/2HR/29 RBI 23BB/82K OPS .544

Pitchers

Not Called up

Anderson 8-2/3.30 ERA 39 Games 4 saves 60IP 49H/22ER/8HR/19BB/88K
J. Reed 0-3/1.89 ERA 30 Games, 47.2IP 34H/10 ER/1 HR/21BB/50K

Chatt/combo #'s

Wiel 116 games combined(15 at AAA) .297, 27 doubles/3 triples/10HR/63RBI, 43BB/95K OPS .809
Wade 120 games combined(46/74 at AAA) .257/11 doubles/4 triples/11HR/48 RBI/64BB/74K OPS .739

Arraez 108 games combined(60A-FTM/48-AA) .310/20 doubles/3 triples/3HR/36RBI/32BB/44K .758OPS
Davis 120 Games combined(57-FTM/63-AA) .273/24 doubles/2 triples/11HR/53RBI/44BB/126K .759OPS
Raley 27 Chatt games, .276 2 doubles/3 triples/3HR/16RBI/12BB/32K .820 OPS
Overall raley .275/19 doubles/8 triples/20HR/69RBI/26BB/137K .821 OPS in 120 AA games(93 in TX league)

Rooker 130 games at Chattanooga, .254 32 doubles/4 tripiles/22HR/79 RBI, 56BB/150K, .798 OPS .162 last 10 games, .167 for August. .250 in April .231 May, .312 June, .315 July

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7719
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 9:43:59 AM   
twinsfan

Nick Anderson has gotta be really pissed.

There was an article on the 1500 ESPN website last week, and he seemed to be almost positive he would be called up.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 7720
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 9:55:34 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

There was an article on the 1500 ESPN website last week, and he seemed to be almost positive he would be called up.

Probably will be looking to move on to another organization, unless they either add him or extend a Spring Training invite.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7721
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 10:01:57 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Probably will be looking to move on to another organization, unless they either add him or extend a Spring Training invite.

The article made it sound like he'd get selected in the Rule 5 draft. Do guys that old get selected very often?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 7722
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 10:03:22 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

Vargas was removed from the 40-man roster long time ago. Remember, the Reds claimed him then DFA'd him? The Twins got him back, put him through waivers with zero claim.

His last month hot streak got him to .240

was setting at about 210 or lower most of the year. At AAA

Well, at least he got closer to batting his weight than Miguel Sano will. So that is nice.

Post #: 7723
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 10:04:16 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

De Jong 5IP 4H/R/BB/7K
Curtiss IP 2K
Eades 2IP 2H/3K
Bard .1IP K 0-1 IRS

If they had not signed LoMo (or someone similar) this offseason, there would have been tons of bitching about handing the DH job to Vargas.

Of course.

Post #: 7724
RE: Players and prospects III - 9/4/2018 10:05:48 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

AA/AAA numbers of note

Astudillo 78 games .276, 17 doubles/triple/12 HRs 38 RBI, 10 BB 14Ks

Buxton 35 games .272 11 doubles/triple/4HR/42 RBI, 9BB/42K

Vargas .240, 21 HR 83 RBO. 58BB/133 K in 130 games.Hit .324 in last 10, .296 for August. April was .190, May .257, June .167, July .224

Granite 68 games, .211, 8 doubles/4RBI, 22BB/28K

Gordon
AA: 42 games, .333, 10 doubles/3 triples/5HR/20RBI, 11BB/27K OPS .906
AAA 99 games, .212, 13 doubles/4 triples/2HR/29 RBI 23BB/82K OPS .544

Pitchers

Not Called up

Anderson 8-2/3.30 ERA 39 Games 4 saves 60IP 49H/22ER/8HR/19BB/88K
J. Reed 0-3/1.89 ERA 30 Games, 47.2IP 34H/10 ER/1 HR/21BB/50K

Chatt/combo #'s

Wiel 116 games combined(15 at AAA) .297, 27 doubles/3 triples/10HR/63RBI, 43BB/95K OPS .809
Wade 120 games combined(46/74 at AAA) .257/11 doubles/4 triples/11HR/48 RBI/64BB/74K OPS .739

Arraez 108 games combined(60A-FTM/48-AA) .310/20 doubles/3 triples/3HR/36RBI/32BB/44K .758OPS
Davis 120 Games combined(57-FTM/63-AA) .273/24 doubles/2 triples/11HR/53RBI/44BB/126K .759OPS
Raley 27 Chatt games, .276 2 doubles/3 triples/3HR/16RBI/12BB/32K .820 OPS
Overall raley .275/19 doubles/8 triples/20HR/69RBI/26BB/137K .821 OPS in 120 AA games(93 in TX league)

Rooker 130 games at Chattanooga, .254 32 doubles/4 tripiles/22HR/79 RBI, 56BB/150K, .798 OPS .162 last 10 games, .167 for August. .250 in April .231 May, .312 June, .315 July

Buxton had 42 RBI in 35 games? Is that correct Ed?

Post #: 7725
Page:   <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Players and prospects III Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode