Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Mike Priefer must GO

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/22/2016 7:53:19 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

It's easy to hate on kickers/punters

Locke certainly isn't anything more than average if that. But I'm ok with giving him another season.

However, he needs to do better as does Walsh. Both have had their ups and downs.

I think both are going to look a whole lot better working the majority of their games indoors.

They'll have to or Locke will be gone. Walsh will be a tough call based on his regular season FG%. In net average Locke was 18th in 2013, 22nd in 2014, and 31st in 2015.

In 2015 Vikings opponents had a .2 yard better net than Locke. Locke needs to be more consistent without a doubt and bringing in competition would be great in my opinion. Let's see what he can do when someone is trying to take his job. That being said, 7+ inches less net average than our opponents over the season is meaningless.
Post #: 301
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/22/2016 10:00:16 PM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

Locke certainly isn't anything more than average if that. But I'm ok with giving him another season.

However, he needs to do better as does Walsh. Both have had their ups and downs.

I think both are going to look a whole lot better working the majority of their games indoors.

They'll have to or Locke will be gone. Walsh will be a tough call based on his regular season FG%. In net average Locke was 18th in 2013, 22nd in 2014, and 31st in 2015.

Walsh would need to nosedive to even be a "tough call". He is one of the best kickers in the game and signed through 2019.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 302
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 6:51:11 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

In 2015 Vikings opponents had a .2 yard better net than Locke. Locke needs to be more consistent without a doubt and bringing in competition would be great in my opinion. Let's see what he can do when someone is trying to take his job. That being said, 7+ inches less net average than our opponents over the season is meaningless.

Being Locke was a 6th rd pick this will be his 3rd year? Which means he would be playing for a new contract.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 303
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 10:50:09 AM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Being Locke was a 6th rd pick this will be his 3rd year? Which means he would be playing for a new contract.

He's actually on his 4th year of his rookie deal. He will be UFA at end of year (if he makes it that far).

This is my burner account.
Post #: 304
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 11:11:19 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't say it's meaningless, it just means it kind of a wash. As far as that stat will tell you. There are other factors that can skew that statistic.
Post #: 305
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 7:52:31 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't say it's meaningless, it just means it kind of a wash. As far as that stat will tell you. There are other factors that can skew that statistic.

I'm just saying that as far as stats go, picking up 7 inches of field position on an exchange of punts is meaningless. Though to some people the all important stat is that the opponents had a better net no matter how small.
Post #: 306
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 8:50:36 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm just saying that as far as stats go, picking up 7 inches of field position on an exchange of punts is meaningless. Though to some people the all important stat is that the opponents had a better net no matter how small.

Marcus Sherels was the #12 punt returner in the league in 2015. With him we still were bested by the opposition. A quick check of our opposition will show you that we played a big chunk of the bottom half of the league in punting last year also.

We lost a contest that by luck was tilted in our favor to begin with. With even mediocre performance from our special teams we should have been in the top half of the league by default. Then the coach has the ignorance/audacity (pick one) to say his guy outperformed the competition which is straight up false.

Bias or not this is exactly what happened.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 307
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 9:31:34 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Marcus Sherels was the #12 punt returner in the league in 2015. With him we still were bested by the opposition. A quick check of our opposition will show you that we played a big chunk of the bottom half of the league in punting last year also.

We lost a contest that by luck was tilted in our favor to begin with. With even mediocre performance from our special teams we should have been in the top half of the league by default. Then the coach has the ignorance/audacity (pick one) to say his guy outperformed the competition which is straight up false.

What contest are you referring to?
Post #: 308
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 9:46:25 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That one up there I bolded that someone else posted earlier.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 309
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 7/23/2016 9:56:36 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That one up there I bolded that someone else posted earlier.

Gotcha. Whoever posted that must be an idiot. However I tend to agree with him and yes your bias is showing through.
Post #: 310
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 10:19:46 AM   
Lynn G.

Seemed like a good time to bump this up since Mike Priefer is standing in as head coach tonight.

Was that snarky? Didn't mean to sound snarky.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 311
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 10:22:40 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Seemed like a good time to bump this up since Mike Priefer is standing in as head coach tonight.

Was that snarky? Didn't mean to sound snarky.

David is on suicide watch & do you think Kluwe is going to be tweeting tonight? :)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 312
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 10:35:13 AM   
Lynn G.

I admit I'm curious why it's Priefer and not Schurmer or Sparano - both of whom have head coaching experience. Is Priefer going to be making the decisions about going for it on 4th and short, or challenging, or any of those kinds of coaching decisions?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 313
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 10:41:48 AM   
Brad H

quote:

I admit I'm curious why it's Priefer and not Schurmer or Sparano - both of whom have head coaching experience. Is Priefer going to be making the decisions about going for it on 4th and short, or challenging, or any of those kinds of coaching decisions?

Schurmer and Sparano already have their hands full.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 314
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 11:23:22 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Hopefully he's willing to use the "don't ask ... don't tell" policy in all his personnel decisions tonight.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 315
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 12:10:23 PM   
marty

I like the idea of Priefer, and I think it makes it a better chance the Vikes win.

Early in the season, special teams were the emotional ignition and fire for the team. IF they can start out strong on special teams tonight, I think that will carry over to other parts of the team, and give them a fighting chance to win.

If it was Priefer's idea to try and pin teams deep on kickoffs, then he is not afraid to take some big chances, which is probably what they need tonight. Let's just hope they aren't foolish chances that make it even more difficult to win, the Cowboys will be tough.
Post #: 316
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 12:53:51 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I like the idea of Priefer ....

I do too if for no other reason to stir up the board.
Post #: 317
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 1:15:31 PM   
Tim Cady

He was the Head coach in Training before HomophobePuntergate. The powers that be love this guy.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 318
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 2:38:44 PM   
Ricky J

Wheels up!

Go Priefer!
Post #: 319
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 4:43:19 PM   
Todd M

Priefer's an idiot and a terrible coach. It sucks that we're stuck with this smuck at the worst possible time.

If we win the needle won't move for me.

Accepting it is one thing - if you think it is a good thing you are probably not very bright.
Post #: 320
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 5:19:43 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Priefer's an idiot and a terrible coach. It sucks that we're stuck with this smuck at the worst possible time.

Accepting it is one thing - if you think it is a good thing you are probably not very bright.

Lotta anger there today Todd

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 321
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 5:25:14 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Meh, not really.

Probably want to skip my last post in the other thread...
Post #: 322
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 6:46:35 PM   
marty

I think it is POSSIBLE it's a good thing tonight to have a risk taker in charge, as I see it as a bit of a dire situation as it is with a poor OL and run game along with a QB that lacks any mobility.

Todd might think I am an idiot for hoping, but my life will go on.
Post #: 323
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/1/2016 11:47:49 PM   
drviking

Priefer must go to be our new head coach!

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 324
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/2/2016 1:41:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

He's just taking a shot at me, Brad
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode