Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  149 150 [151] 152 153   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/9/2020 7:20:59 PM   
David Levine

We finally played a top team and got kind of crushed. But we were without Fowles.

On the plus side, Crystal Dangerfield scored a career high 29 points and is continuing to look like the steal of the draft.
Post #: 3751
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/10/2020 12:26:05 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

That's really surprising that she plans to play.

Lots of guys who recently became fathers are playing their various sports. It's been 4 months since giving birth a reasonable time to recover. Why not play?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3752
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 8:57:02 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Lots of guys who recently became fathers are playing their various sports. It's been 4 months since giving birth a reasonable time to recover. Why not play?

Takes a bit of time for a womans body to recover after child birth.

I'm certainly no expert but that does seem a bit early.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3753
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 9:25:01 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

It's one thing to recover enough to return to the office. It's another to return to the grind of playing and practicing to play pro basketball.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3754
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 10:01:00 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's one thing to recover enough to return to the office. It's another to return to the grind of playing and practicing to play pro basketball.

I think it can be done. If Odyssey can return to playing great basketball that will be the proof.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3755
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 10:01:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

KG have you ever had a baby? Seems sexist of you to put it that way.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3756
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 10:12:01 AM   
TJSweens

It can be done, but is it advisable? A woman's body goes through absolute hell in carrying and delivering a baby. Muscle and sinew are stretched to unfathomable lengths. Internal organs are pushed, moved and squeezed for 9 months, culminating in pushing an object the size of watermelon through an opening the size of a grapefruit. On top of all that, Sims is leaving her child after just 4 months to live in the bubble and play basketball.

Personally, I am also surprised that she is going ahead with it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3757
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 10:15:11 AM   
David Levine

quote:

It can be done, but is it advisable? A woman's body goes through absolute hell in carrying and delivering a baby. Muscle and sinew are stretched to unfathomable lengths. Internal organs are pushed, moved and squeezed for 9 months, culminating in pushing an object the size of watermelon through an opening the size of a grapefruit. On top of all that, Sims is leaving her child after just 4 months to live in the bubble and play basketball.

Not to mention it was widely expected that she was going to miss the whole season - and that was announced before COVID really hit.
Post #: 3758
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 12:50:59 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

KG have you ever had a baby? Seems sexist of you to put it that way.

I think I'm being the opposite of sexist. I'm saying guys are leaving their babies after a couple days to play their sport. Sure should be OK for a woman to leave her baby after 4 months.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3759
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 12:52:08 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Mike Trout left his baby after a couple days. Now he's not going to a bubble so it's not exactly the same.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3760
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 12:52:46 PM   
TJSweens

Mike Trout also isn't the one who gave birth.

Post #: 3761
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/11/2020 1:38:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Mike Trout also isn't the one who gave birth.

I was referring to your comment about leaving her baby after only 4 months. On top of all that, Sims is leaving her child after just 4 months to live in the bubble and play basketball. We have already discussed the physical aspects of it. I was taking on the societal gender based aspects of it.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/11/2020 1:41:42 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3762
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/12/2020 10:32:24 AM   
David Levine

Lynx blow out the Mystics by 20.

Helps that Elena Delle Donne, Tina Charles and LaToya Hawkins are sitting out the season. Fowles feasted.

Another solid game for Dangerfield. Brown and Collier really struggled shooting.
Post #: 3763
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/12/2020 10:34:11 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Helps that Elena Delle Donne, Tina Charles and LaToya Hawkins are sitting out the season. Fowles feasted.

Another solid game for Dangerfield. Brown and Collier really struggled shooting.

They scored a franchise low 8 points in the 3rd quarter and still won is a blow out.

Dangerfield continues to get respect with another good performance. It seems the league wrote her off because she is only 5'4".

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 8/12/2020 10:35:17 AM >

Post #: 3764
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/12/2020 10:55:28 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

They scored a franchise low 8 points in the 3rd quarter and still won is a blow out.

Dangerfield continues to get respect with another good performance. It seems the league wrote her off because she is only 5'4".

We actually scored only 4 in the 3rd.

But then we held Washington to 4 in the 4th.
Post #: 3765
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/13/2020 12:25:44 AM   
kgdabom

I might have to make a concerted effort to watch them. They are having an excellent season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3766
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/17/2020 10:43:02 AM   
David Levine

Lynx blow out the 1-9 Liberty by 30.

No Big Syl, no problem.

26 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals for Collier

Dangerfield with 22 points on 9/12 shooting and 4 assists.

Lexie with 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 steals.

MHH with 11 points in 11 minutes.

Sims looks a couple steps slow and not in game shape yet. In 13 minutes went 1/10 from the field 4 PF.

Dangerfield might be the stealth MVP of the club this year. I love undersized PGs that play with a chip on their shoulder.
Post #: 3767
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/17/2020 10:49:36 AM   
TJSweens

Maybe stealth MVP, definitely the steal of the draft. Most mocks had Dangerfield going in the first round. Some even had her going to Minnesota at #6. Instead they got her at #16.

Post #: 3768
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/18/2020 10:38:32 AM   
David Levine

Napheesa Collier Named Western Conference Player of the Week

This latest award for last year’s Rookie of the Year is obviously well-deserved, as Collier averaged 18.3 points on 46.2% shooting (including 42.9% from deep), 13.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.7 steals in 32.7 minutes per game last week. The former Connecticut Huskie currently ranks 13th in the WNBA in points per game (14.9), third in rebounds (9.0), sixth in steals (1.7) and sixth among all forwards in assists (3.3).

Collier capped her brilliant week with a game-high 26 points (one shy of her career record), 13 rebounds and a career-high five assists in a win over the New York Liberty on Saturday, becoming just the third player in Lynx history to collect 25+ points/10+ rebounds/5+ assists in a game (the other two were Maya Moore and Sylvia Fowles).
Post #: 3769
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/18/2020 10:42:47 AM   
kgdabom

I've really got to start watching. I wonder how easy or hard it will be to find broadcasts streaming on the internet.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3770
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/20/2020 9:52:24 AM   
TJSweens

Another short handed win for the Lynx. They came from 15 down to beat Dallas. Dangerfield dominated offensively again, 21 pts & 6 ast. She hit 5 of 7 3's and mixed in some of her human pinball routine.

Herbert Harrigan contributed 10 pts, 8 reb and a block and was +27 for the game. She also played the caliber of defense Reeve was expecting when she drafted her.

Post #: 3771
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/20/2020 10:18:48 AM   
David Levine

14-23 from 3 for the team.

This season has been Reeve's best coaching job of her career.

Lynx are 6th in offense, 3rd in defense.
Post #: 3772
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/20/2020 10:28:16 AM   
David Levine

Minnesota outscored Dallas 45-23 over the game’s final 15 minutes. Sixth overall pick Mikiah Herbert Harrigan played nearly that entire stretch and was a big reason why the team was so successful. She’s had an up and down season thus far with a few DNP-CD’s and plenty of short stints of live action, but Wednesday’s game was her best of the season. She was an absurd, game-high +27 in 20 minutes of play. Herbert Harrigan was connecting from three and attacking closeouts to get to the rim. Her effort and versatility of the defensive end may be even more impressive. Cheryl Reeve’s choice to play “Kiki” and Napheesa Collier together in the front court was one of the factors that swung this game.

“I thought our (centers) were struggling with pick and roll,” Reeve said after the game.” Then we just got to this place where we felt like ‘you know what maybe small is the answer, just switch all the ball screens’ and I think our team has been pretty good at switching…I thought overall the small lineup got some confidence on offense because we got the floor spread pretty well and (Collier) was able to roam the paint.”

The length, mobility and “switchy-ness” of Herbert Harrigan and Collier could be an integral element of Lynx defenses for many years to come.
Post #: 3773
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/20/2020 10:33:22 AM   
David Levine

Despite their best player only playing in six games, the Lynx are tied for second place in the league standings halfway through the season. Four of their eight wins have been in come-from-behind fashion, overcoming a double-digit deficit in each occasion. All of this is not coming at the expense of development as each of Minnesota’s young players have taken meaningful steps forward this year. That has to bring a smile to even the most critical Lynx observer.

“I’m ecstatic,” Reeve said postgame. “I can’t even express how happy I am.”
Post #: 3774
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/20/2020 10:34:20 AM   
David Levine

After a sort of cold start, Dangerfield is up to 38% from 3 on 4.5 attempts per game.

Only 21 players are currently averaging four 3PA/GM. Her 90% free throw suggests it’s real. (She was 38% / 83% at UCONN)
Post #: 3775
Page:   <<   < prev  149 150 [151] 152 153   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  149 150 [151] 152 153   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode