Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 11/3/2021 3:57:07 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Ruggs twice legal limit. Going 156 MPH

Henry Ruggs III was out to kill someone on Tuesday morning in Las Vegas.

Drunk at more than twice the legal limit and hauling his Corvette down a residential street at 156 miles per hour with his girlfriend by his side, according to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, he was a loaded weapon looking for a victim or victims.

He found one, a 23-year-old woman in a Toyota RAV4 who was driving down Rainbow Boulevard, located about 5 miles west of the famed Strip, at 3:39 a.m.

As Ruggs’ approached the woman’s vehicle on the three-lane road, he veered right behind her before slamming into her car, police said. The RAV4 immediately burst into flames. The fire department found her inside the vehicle and declared her dead at the scene. The remains of a dog were also found in the car.

Wednesday morning prosecutors detailed new evidence against Ruggs, who was in his second year with the Las Vegas Raiders and a former star wideout at the University of Alabama. Ruggs was charged on Tuesday with DUI resulting in death and reckless driving.

The first charge carries a penalty of 2-20 years. The reckless driving is up to six additional. The Raiders released their 2020 first-round draft pick hours later.

In a preliminary court hearing, Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman painted a picture of a reckless 22-year-old, drunk amid a series of terrible decisions that resulted in grave consequences. Bauman said crash scene evidence and speed determining algorithms indicate that Ruggs was traveling 156 miles an hour about 2.5 seconds before impact. His car was at 127 mph when its airbags deployed.

“I cannot recall a speed that high in my career on the bench,” Judge Joe Bonaventure remarked, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

It is an almost unfathomable speed on a city street in a tightly packed suburban area of Las Vegas.

Worse, police say Ruggs’ blood-alcohol level came in at .161, twice Nevada’s 0.08 legal limit. Officers said Ruggs appeared impaired at the scene but he had refused a field sobriety test. Video posted on Ruggs' Snapchat from earlier in the night reportedly showed him at a local TopGolf facility. A loaded gun was also found on the floor of Ruggs’ car.

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-say-henry-ruggs-iii-was-driving-156-mph-this-wasnt-an-accident-it-was-an-inevitability-174854802.html

< Message edited by David Levine -- 11/3/2021 4:00:09 PM >
Post #: 2026
RE: Other NFL News - 11/3/2021 4:05:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Drunk at more than twice the legal limit and hauling his Corvette down a residential street at 156 miles per hour with his girlfriend by his side, according to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, he was a loaded weapon looking for a victim or victims.

He found one, a 23-year-old woman in a Toyota RAV4 who was driving down Rainbow Boulevard, located about 5 miles west of the famed Strip, at 3:39 a.m.

As Ruggs’ approached the woman’s vehicle on the three-lane road, he veered right behind her before slamming into her car, police said. The RAV4 immediately burst into flames. The fire department found her inside the vehicle and declared her dead at the scene. The remains of a dog were also found in the car.

Wednesday morning prosecutors detailed new evidence against Ruggs, who was in his second year with the Las Vegas Raiders and a former star wideout at the University of Alabama. Ruggs was charged on Tuesday with DUI resulting in death and reckless driving.

The first charge carries a penalty of 2-20 years. The reckless driving is up to six additional. The Raiders released their 2020 first-round draft pick hours later.

In a preliminary court hearing, Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman painted a picture of a reckless 22-year-old, drunk amid a series of terrible decisions that resulted in grave consequences. Bauman said crash scene evidence and speed determining algorithms indicate that Ruggs was traveling 156 miles an hour about 2.5 seconds before impact. His car was at 127 mph when its airbags deployed.

“I cannot recall a speed that high in my career on the bench,” Judge Joe Bonaventure remarked, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

It is an almost unfathomable speed on a city street in a tightly packed suburban area of Las Vegas.

Worse, police say Ruggs’ blood-alcohol level came in at .161, twice Nevada’s 0.08 legal limit. Officers said Ruggs appeared impaired at the scene but he had refused a field sobriety test. Video posted on Ruggs' Snapchat from earlier in the night reportedly showed him at a local TopGolf facility. A loaded gun was also found on the floor of Ruggs’ car.

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-say-henry-ruggs-iii-was-driving-156-mph-this-wasnt-an-accident-it-was-an-inevitability-174854802.html

Wow.

What a way to throw away your life... dumbass.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2027
RE: Other NFL News - 11/3/2021 5:04:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

You know when he was drafted he was in a house with numerous guests wearing a bath robe.

If that doesn't scream red flag I don't know what does.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2028
RE: Other NFL News - 11/3/2021 7:23:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Wow.

Uh, more like snuffing out someone else's life.
Post #: 2029
RE: Other NFL News - 11/3/2021 7:23:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Hope he rots in prison. He probably won't but one can hope.
Post #: 2030
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 8:14:29 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

That too.

He was on his way to very lucrative career.
He had a friend killed by a drunk driver.
So you would think he'd be more cognizant of driving while intoxicated.

Now, he's likely going to spend a few years in prison
His NFL career is essentially over.
NOBODY will hire him for endorsements.

Threw it all away to drive really fast after drinking.

What kills me is how when there is a fatality in a drunk driving crash it is almost never the drunk ass that dies.

Going 156 mph. and he survives.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2031
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 10:27:37 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

That too.

What kills me is how when there is a fatality in a drunk driving crash it is almost never the drunk ass that dies.

It's really odd that your primary focus seems to be on him. It reminds me of going to traffic school for a ticket and the instructor going on and on about the financial and legal consequences of a DUI. When I reminded her that people can die or be badly maimed, she said, "Oh, of course. Horrible. And in that case your legal costs and consequences will go way up."

WTF????
Post #: 2032
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 1:37:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

That too.

It's really odd that your primary focus seems to be on him. It reminds me of going to traffic school for a ticket and the instructor going on and on about the financial and legal consequences of a DUI. When I reminded her that people can die or be badly maimed, she said, "Oh, of course. Horrible. And in that case your legal costs and consequences will go way up."

WTF????

The expanded list of consequences now includes..... lost endorsements!

LOL about the instructor.
Post #: 2033
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 2:26:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

That too.

WTF????

What do you want me to do?

Recited an incantation that will undo the damage he's done?

She's gone. That is tragic. She can't be brought back.

But If one person learns not to drive drunk., Knowing how much can be lost, Including the lives of others, then what I've said had its purpose.

Post #: 2034
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 4:28:13 PM   
David F.

The decision to not drink and drive needs to be made before the first drink. We think we’re going out for two drinks and it often turns into 12. Once the first two drinks are in us we are no longer in the proper state to expect good decisions. Give me enough vodka and I’d have raced him that night and thought nothing of it at the moment.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2035
RE: Other NFL News - 11/4/2021 4:35:25 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

That too.

WTF????

What do you want me to do?

Recited an incantation that will undo the damage he's done?

She's gone. That is tragic. She can't be brought back.

But If one person learns not to drive drunk., Knowing how much can be lost, Including the lives of others, then what I've said had its purpose.

I'm starting to see why you get so animated and fixated when YOU can't see the exact content YOU want to see the way and the places YOU want to see it.

Don't forget about the fire damage to his car when the flames got too close...
Post #: 2036
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2021 12:08:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The decision to not drink and drive needs to be made before the first drink. We think we’re going out for two drinks and it often turns into 12. Once the first two drinks are in us we are no longer in the proper state to expect good decisions. Give me enough vodka and I’d have raced him that night and thought nothing of it at the moment.

"...and it often turns into 12." That's about .25 BAC depending on weight, duration, etc.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

Post #: 2037
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2021 6:26:36 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

"...and it often turns into 12." That's about .25 BAC depending on weight, duration, etc.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

If you drank all 12 at once then yes. If you spaced them over five hours you’d be about .18 depending on your size and gender. Also the official BAC isn’t taken at the scene it’s taken at the jail so you usually have about an extra hour.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2038
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2021 7:13:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Vodka doesn't kill people, people kill people. Reminds me of an old conservative theory.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2039
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2021 7:21:47 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Excellent advice!
Post #: 2040
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2021 7:28:30 AM   
Ricky J

Souhan: Aaron Rodgers' arrogance in full view while Packers' elite standing suddenly in jeopardy

https://www.startribune.com/aaron-rodgers-arrogance-in-full-view-while-packers-elite-standing-suddenly-in-jeopardy/600113162/

- Souhan and I aren't on the same page. Here I thought, maybe I should start to enjoy this character while he's around - but I'll admit, the arrogance plus the wins in GB are what made me dislike the man from the beginning. But it's time to get off all the hate that so easily goes around ...

Edit: Just got back from the other thread after about a while away. I wrote this post without even thinking about his current situation with the virus - I'm not trying to antagonize anyone over this subject. PS: wife's going in for her booster today

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/5/2021 7:41:44 AM >
Post #: 2041
RE: Other NFL News - 11/7/2021 8:00:20 PM   
thebigo

The Rams "best overall team in the league" according to Collingsworth, showing little against the Derrick Henry-less Titans.
Post #: 2042
RE: Other NFL News - 12/19/2021 1:17:31 PM   
David F.

That Dallas defense is no joke y’all.

Post #: 2043
RE: Other NFL News - 12/19/2021 3:20:40 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Wow teams are getting 40%+ of their players on Covid reserve…

Three games pushed back…

Raider and browns moved to Monday early game on Fox.. vikes bears at 8:15 after…

Then 2 games Tuesday..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2044
RE: Other NFL News - 12/20/2021 9:19:07 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Anyone see the so-called Zac Stacy video of him throwing his GF around? Holy shit. He claims she staged it, I don't know one way or another but someone was hitting and tossing her around.
Post #: 2045
RE: Other NFL News - 12/20/2021 9:57:36 AM   
David F.

quote:

Anyone see the so-called Zac Stacy video of him throwing his GF around? Holy shit. He claims she staged it, I don't know one way or another but someone was hitting and tossing her around.

Yes I saw it. When he says she staged it does he mean to say it's fake or is he just saying she caught him on camera?

Post #: 2046
RE: Other NFL News - 12/20/2021 10:40:58 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

WTF.

did she hire a body double for her ex?

There are two angles but no really clear faces..?

I guess I can’t say anything…

Only a certain amount of money will determine what is true…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2047
RE: Other NFL News - 12/22/2021 11:19:53 PM   
marty

There was a chance of a Zimmer firing at the end of the season just for the distinction of being the only team that lost to the Lions, and then Arizona took that away.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2048
RE: Other NFL News - 12/25/2021 4:27:55 PM   
marty

Midway through the 2nd quarter, and I have seen the Packers get away with 5 pretty obvious penalties, to zero for Cleveland.

Got away with 2 pretty obvious PIs, and even a facemask to Mayfield.

They must want Packers to have a good chance of covering the spread. IF Cleveland puts up a fight, we'll see if the refs help the Packers a little more.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2049
RE: Other NFL News - 12/25/2021 4:44:15 PM   
HL OSWALD

Ho Ho HO keep stepping on Aarons Toe!
Post #: 2050
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode