Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  108 109 110 111 [112]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 10:02:33 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Cousins will be lucky to make it through this game. The guy can no time on the pocket. A guy that already lacked ability and was an albatross running is now a dead stick.

I don’t see how Atlanta can win a game with him. Every play has to be on time and in rhythm and unfortunately he’s not playing against air.

There was a stat the other day that I read/heard (sorry, don't remember where but it was a legit source and not some random internet thing...i don't do those) that his average dropback depth that game was like 2 yards. A full yard lower than any point in his career. They designed that offense knowing he can't do a full 5/7 step drop at this point.

I didn't watch it closely enough to notice but they also said that it's a heavy RPO offensive scheme. WTF would do that with a 36 YO coming off an achilless injury??

Yeah, sure. He's going to pull the ball and try and get around the end Pretty easy to defend that one!
Post #: 2776
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 10:39:43 AM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

Cousins will be lucky to make it through this game. The guy can no time on the pocket. A guy that already lacked ability and was an albatross running is now a dead stick.

I don’t see how Atlanta can win a game with him. Every play has to be on time and in rhythm and unfortunately he’s not playing against air.

There was a stat the other day that I read/heard (sorry, don't remember where but it was a legit source and not some random internet thing...i don't do those) that his average dropback depth that game was like 2 yards. A full yard lower than any point in his career. They designed that offense knowing he can't do a full 5/7 step drop at this point.

I didn't watch it closely enough to notice but they also said that it's a heavy RPO offensive scheme. WTF would do that with a 36 YO coming off an achilless injury??

Yeah, sure. He's going to pull the ball and try and get around the end Pretty easy to defend that one!

Watched some highlights last night on NFL Network. He literally couldn't move. There's no way he is fully recovered from his injury. From what I saw, he's going to get killed out there as he showed zero ability to move...heck, he didn't even seem able to get his legs into his throws. Surprised that he even played given how obvious it was that he hasn't recovered from his injury yet. Glad he's gone!
Post #: 2777
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 1:50:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Early indications are that Atlanta really screwed the pooch on this thing.
Post #: 2778
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 1:55:21 PM   
thebigo

Looks like a lot of these massive quarterback contracts are starting to go south.
Post #: 2779
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 2:10:30 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

Watched some highlights last night on NFL Network. He literally couldn't move. There's no way he is fully recovered from his injury. From what I saw, he's going to get killed out there as he showed zero ability to move...heck, he didn't even seem able to get his legs into his throws. Surprised that he even played given how obvious it was that he hasn't recovered from his injury yet. Glad he's gone!

Just a guess because I have (obviously) no direct knowledge of it. He rushed it so they wouldn't get a chance to play Penix. If they did and MP did well that could be the end of his career as a starter.
Post #: 2780
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 2:37:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

With Tua's injury history with concussions how on Earth did Miami go in to the season with a depth chart of Tua and Skylar Thompson?

I had to look it up. Was thinking that the JJM injury hurts even worse. We could have gotten a draft pick for Mullens if we wanted to move him.
Post #: 2781
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:06:05 PM   
Todd M

I wonder if Cousins was pushed on the GM. Like Cousins was smoozing with Blank in a cigar room kinda thing. That’s why the GM pounced on Penix.

If so the GM comes out smelling like a rose.

I’m fine with watching Cousins go down in flames. I think he gives back but not nearly enough for his wealth. That bugs me. Gotta put your $ where your mouth is and not just to your church.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 9/13/2024 3:07:18 PM >
Post #: 2782
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:21:35 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

With Tua's injury history with concussions how on Earth did Miami go in to the season with a depth chart of Tua and Skylar Thompson?

I had to look it up. Was thinking that the JJM injury hurts even worse. We could have gotten a draft pick for Mullens if we wanted to move him.

Same with GB. They traded for Willis just a couple weeks ago so he doesn't even fully know the system/playbook.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2783
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:34:58 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

I wonder if Cousins was pushed on the GM. Like Cousins was smoozing with Blank in a cigar room kinda thing. That’s why the GM pounced on Penix.

If so the GM comes out smelling like a rose.

I’m fine with watching Cousins go down in flames. I think he gives back but not nearly enough for his wealth. That bugs me. Gotta put your $ where your mouth is and not just to your church.

You are assuming he tithes the whole 10% to the church?

That'd be a good gig for an investigative reporter: see how much KC gives to his church
Post #: 2784
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:37:31 PM   
Todd M

I’d be willing to bet a cranberry Canada Dry zero that he’s given more than 10%.
Post #: 2785
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:40:07 PM  1 votes
Ricky J

quote:

I’d be willing to bet a cranberry Canada Dry zero that he’s given more than 10%.

Really? You're on!

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. More that he does not, so bet it is.
Post #: 2786
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 3:40:41 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just a guess because I have (obviously) no direct knowledge of it. He rushed it so they wouldn't get a chance to play Penix. If they did and MP did well that could be the end of his career as a starter.

I'd carry a clipboard for 100 million Dollars guaranteed
Post #: 2787
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 10:43:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I’d carry it for that too.. in a thong and pasties..
Post #: 2788
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2024 11:24:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I’d carry it for that too.. in a thong and pasties..

Okay, let's don't start that again....
😏
Post #: 2789
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 3:55:12 PM   
Todd M

“I just know Andy Dalton gives us the best chance to win”

Your Defense has allowed 35 ppg.
Post #: 2790
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 3:58:05 PM   
Todd M

Hope Zimmer’s D keeps getting chewed up.
Post #: 2791
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 8:43:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Hard to believe Atl is down just 7-6 to Philly at the half. Philly has the personnel, on paper.

Something has seemed miss with them since last year... some sort of internal friction.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/16/2024 8:50:34 PM >
Post #: 2792
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 10:17:25 PM   
marty

As I said after the first week:

It doesn't look good right now for Atlanta, but football has ebbs and flows, and I wouldn't necessarily assume guys like Kirk and Aaron Rodgers are dead in the water, for the season, after one game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirk bounced back with a good game next week against Philly, probably covering the spread

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2793
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 10:19:06 PM   
marty

I would have been a little bit scared to bet Kirk in prime time, but I had a feeling Atlanta was going to win that one.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2794
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2024 10:22:07 PM   
marty

Philly should still win their division, but there does seem to be some underlying tension, or something, they have lost a lot of games they were expected to win the last few years.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2795
RE: Other NFL News - 9/18/2024 5:39:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

On top of that, London said he regretted the celebration because of the gun reference. The Falcons hosted the Apalachee (Georgia) High School football team at their practice facility last week, just days after the fatal shooting there. The school is about 25 miles from Falcons headquarters.

Just an appalling lack of awareness... actually stupidity. More appropriately... a selfish asshole who doesn't give two squirts about events even though he should have known what happened.

And Get Off My Lawn.
Post #: 2796
RE: Other NFL News - 9/22/2024 10:12:00 PM   
marty

< Message edited by marty -- 9/23/2024 1:35:49 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2797
Page:   <<   < prev  108 109 110 111 [112]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  108 109 110 111 [112]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode