Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/8/2021 9:19:45 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

7 days.

Until golf season ends?

Nope, it's already ended for me. Clubs got washed and put away yesterday but I haven't golfed in a couple of weeks, but I will be doing some where I'm going.

5 days!

Hawaii?

Give the man a prize.

The long awaited, twice postponed, much agonized over Hawaii trip is on and getting very close.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 226
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 10:32:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

7 days.

Until golf season ends?

Nope, it's already ended for me. Clubs got washed and put away yesterday but I haven't golfed in a couple of weeks, but I will be doing some where I'm going.

5 days!

Hawaii?

Give the man a prize.

The long awaited, twice postponed, much agonized over Hawaii trip is on and getting very close.

I Love Hawaii

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 227
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 12:23:58 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

7 days.

Until golf season ends?

5 days!

Hawaii?

Give the man a prize.

I Love Hawaii

Which islands have you been to? I'm visiting Oahu and Big Island.

--twinsfan
Post #: 228
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 1:52:51 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

7 days.

Until golf season ends?

5 days!

Hawaii?

Give the man a prize.

I Love Hawaii

Which islands have you been to? I'm visiting Oahu and Big Island.

I've been to Maui only.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 229
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 2:29:45 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Kuai here and absolutely loved it.
Post #: 230
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 2:35:08 PM   
Mister Ed

30 years ago on Oahu and Hawaii
Imagine some changes

What was old is new again
Post #: 231
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/9/2021 2:48:52 PM   
David Levine

Oahu, Maui, Big Island, Kauai, Lanai and Molokai.
Post #: 232
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 11/17/2021 2:47:15 AM   
bstinger

Oahu needs a lot of road work and additional signs.

--twinsfan
Post #: 233
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/3/2021 9:46:51 PM   
bstinger

Someone suggested I post a recap of the Hawaii trip, so here it is.

Hawaii Trip in the books, brief synopsis of the itinerary as it turned out. Aside from some issues getting there and back it was a wonderful trip, although it was extremely expensive. Highlight was the Helicopter tour and seeing active lava at Kilaeua.

Day 1 – Up at 4:00 AM, Airport at 5:00, Fly at 6:00, Flight to LAX fine. LAX layover went from 2 hrs to 5 due to crew delay in SF because of Fog. Arrived in Honolulu around 8 instead of 5. Got bags, car, groceries and found hotel by 10 which was 2 AM Minnesota time, got checked in and crashed.
Day 2 – Nothing planned, time to recover. Walked around Waikiki, found beach access. Cloudy and raining afternoon. Had lunch at sports bar, watched Vikings beat Chargers with a bunch of Vikings fans. Got couples massage from 2 Japanese ladies.
Day 3 – Drove around Oahu in our Mustang convertible. Climbed to top of Diamond, Michelle wanted to kill me by the end. Dinner and Dessert at The Cheesecake Factory to save my marriage 😊.
Day 4- Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, Luau, “Ha, Breath of Live Show”
Day 5 – Golf at Hawaii Prince Golf Club, afternoon at Waikiki Beach
Day 6 – Pearl Harbor, Fly to Big Island, Kona Brewery, Groceries, and check in and relax
Day 7 – Big Island Tour, highlights were Kilauea, seeing Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls and learning a lot about the island and Hawaiian history.
Day 8 – Fishing for 6 hours– only 1 bite, no catch, pool, relax
Day 9 – Viking game in AM, Tour to Summit of Mauna Kea in afternoon/evening, stunning sunset and star gazing from the top of a mountain.
Day 10 – Was called in AM and told that Dad tried to commit suicide, was OK and in ER. Was late for Tee time at Makalei Golf Club but was able to golf. Around 3rd hole was called from Helicopter tour we were scheduled for in afternoon. Had to reschedule to next morning. Stressful morning but still tried to enjoy the scenery, the wildlife, and the golf. Spent afternoon at pool and relaxing.
Day 11- Checked out. Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour. Saw the lava inside Kilauea. Some enormous waterfalls. Drove around NW side of island in our black Camaro, that our tours didn’t include. Found out our connection from Seattle to MSP would be delayed so would likely miss connection to BRD. Sunset Dinner Cruise, tried to find alternate way home instead of enjoying it. Airport, red eye flight,
Day 12 - Delay in Seattle, as advertised. Couldn’t find ground transportation. Flight landed close enough to give up hope we could make it. However, it took a long time to get the jet bridge to hook up. We decided to “book it” all the way from F3 to B6 and made it a few minutes prior to departure time, but they had already un-hooked the jet bridge so wouldn’t let us board. We had to kill 9 hours in the airport. Home around 11 PM.

Biggest surprise to me was the amount of poverty on the Islands near so much opulence.

< Message edited by bstinger -- 12/3/2021 9:48:37 PM >

--twinsfan
Post #: 234
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/4/2021 7:57:24 PM   
twinsfan

Wow! Reading that exhausted me. Sounds like a whirlwind trip. Stressful at the end, no doubt. Hope your dad is OK. Your daughter did not go with on the trip?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 235
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/4/2021 10:30:00 PM   
bstinger

quote:

Wow! Reading that exhausted me. Sounds like a whirlwind trip. Stressful at the end, no doubt. Hope your dad is OK. Your daughter did not go with on the trip?

Originally when I booked the trip pre-covid for Christmas 2020 both Dad and Brie were supposed to come with. After Covid made us postpone, Dad's health declined and the "vacation club" I booked it with had some rules where I was not going to be able to get the same amount of time at Christmas the following year. Had to do it at a less prime time, which would not work with school schedule.

Dad is OK health wise, not so much psych wise, been a struggle for months.

Daughter should've been in college so didn't plan to take her, but is instead in CA, going to a community college in Jan. Long story, pretty sad story from my point of view, but are planning to visit between Christmas and New Years. She moved out there mid-July without much notice.

Those 2 have been the bane of my existence this year, which sucks, because previously they were my 2 best friends.

--twinsfan
Post #: 236
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/13/2021 12:10:55 PM   
twinsfan

Do you know what La Quinta translates to in English?
Next to Denny's

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 237
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/13/2021 2:42:57 PM   
twinsfan

Superstar Mike Morris is back on KFAN. Filling in for Rosen on Common's show for a few weeks or something? Weird! I remember Morris really ripped on Cory Cove on that show with Sansevere. I'm surprised Cove would even go along with Morris returning to KFAN in any capacity - not that he'd have final say or anything, but he must have some influence.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 238
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/13/2021 4:31:30 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

Originally when I booked the trip pre-covid for Christmas 2020 both Dad and Brie were supposed to come with. After Covid made us postpone, Dad's health declined and the "vacation club" I booked it with had some rules where I was not going to be able to get the same amount of time at Christmas the following year. Had to do it at a less prime time, which would not work with school schedule.

Daughter should've been in college so didn't plan to take her, but is instead in CA, going to a community college in Jan. Long story, pretty sad story from my point of view, but are planning to visit between Christmas and New Years. She moved out there mid-July without much notice.

Those 2 have been the bane of my existence this year, which sucks, because previously they were my 2 best friends.

Just read your post. Wow you are going through a lot! Hope things get better for you and your entire family soon.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 239
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/13/2021 4:50:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Hawaii Trip in the books, brief synopsis of the itinerary as it turned out. Aside from some issues getting there and back it was a wonderful trip, although it was extremely expensive. Highlight was the Helicopter tour and seeing active lava at Kilaeua.

Day 1 – Up at 4:00 AM, Airport at 5:00, Fly at 6:00, Flight to LAX fine. LAX layover went from 2 hrs to 5 due to crew delay in SF because of Fog. Arrived in Honolulu around 8 instead of 5. Got bags, car, groceries and found hotel by 10 which was 2 AM Minnesota time, got checked in and crashed.
Day 2 – Nothing planned, time to recover. Walked around Waikiki, found beach access. Cloudy and raining afternoon. Had lunch at sports bar, watched Vikings beat Chargers with a bunch of Vikings fans. Got couples massage from 2 Japanese ladies.
Day 3 – Drove around Oahu in our Mustang convertible. Climbed to top of Diamond, Michelle wanted to kill me by the end. Dinner and Dessert at The Cheesecake Factory to save my marriage 😊.
Day 4- Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, Luau, “Ha, Breath of Live Show”
Day 6 – Pearl Harbor, Fly to Big Island, Kona Brewery, Groceries, and check in and relax
Day 7 – Big Island Tour, highlights were Kilauea, seeing Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls and learning a lot about the island and Hawaiian history.
Day 9 – Viking game in AM, Tour to Summit of Mauna Kea in afternoon/evening, stunning sunset and star gazing from the top of a mountain.
Day 10 – Was called in AM and told that Dad tried to commit suicide, was OK and in ER. Was late for Tee time at Makalei Golf Club but was able to golf. Around 3rd hole was called from Helicopter tour we were scheduled for in afternoon. Had to reschedule to next morning. Stressful morning but still tried to enjoy the scenery, the wildlife, and the golf. Spent afternoon at pool and relaxing.
Day 11- Checked out. Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour. Saw the lava inside Kilauea. Some enormous waterfalls. Drove around NW side of island in our black Camaro, that our tours didn’t include. Found out our connection from Seattle to MSP would be delayed so would likely miss connection to BRD. Sunset Dinner Cruise, tried to find alternate way home instead of enjoying it. Airport, red eye flight,
Day 12 - Delay in Seattle, as advertised. Couldn’t find ground transportation. Flight landed close enough to give up hope we could make it. However, it took a long time to get the jet bridge to hook up. We decided to “book it” all the way from F3 to B6 and made it a few minutes prior to departure time, but they had already un-hooked the jet bridge so wouldn’t let us board. We had to kill 9 hours in the airport. Home around 11 PM.

Biggest surprise to me was the amount of poverty on the Islands near so much opulence.

I'm exhausted just reading that.
Post #: 240
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/14/2021 11:39:15 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

I'm exhausted just reading that.

You and Matt finally agree on something. Glad I could help.

--twinsfan
Post #: 241
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/14/2021 11:55:55 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

Just read your post. Wow you are going through a lot! Hope things get better for you and your entire family soon.

Thanks Steve. Aside from 2 nice vacations this has been a bad year. Communication has gradually gotten better with Brie, really looking forward to seeing her in a couple of weeks. I just shipped her golf clubs to her and I'm bringing mine with so hope the weather is nice enough to get out once or twice.

--twinsfan
Post #: 242
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/25/2021 10:13:56 AM   
Mister Ed

Merry Christmas everyone

What was old is new again
Post #: 243
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/25/2021 11:35:17 AM   
TJSweens

Thanks Ed. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the forum.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 244
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/25/2021 5:53:46 PM   
twinsfan

Merry Christmas, fellas!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 245
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/28/2021 7:51:36 PM   
twinsfan

RIP John Madden. I was wondering if something was not well with him. Haven't heard from him in many years. But DL posted the death was unexpected. He was my video game hero.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 246
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 12/29/2021 12:00:23 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm not so sure it was "unexpected". The NFL released the news just days after his big All Madden debut tribute on Christmas.
Post #: 247
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 1/1/2022 4:51:49 PM   
bstinger

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Been away for a while, got to see daughter in Cali. Rained 2 of the 3 days we were able to do things together. Got a round of golf in on the decent day, was only about 50 though.

--twinsfan
Post #: 248
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 1/4/2022 6:31:28 PM   
Boyd Tesch

Happy 2022
Post #: 249
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 1/14/2022 9:38:57 AM   
twinsfan

Happy birthday Pete!!!!!!!!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode