Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 4/29/2022 12:09:59 PM   
twinsfan

Are there any golf courses that have a Par 3 or Par 5 as the first hole? Every course I've ever played has started with a Par 4.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 276
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 4/29/2022 3:29:40 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Are there any golf courses that have a Par 3 or Par 5 as the first hole? Every course I've ever played has started with a Par 4.

Golden Eagle north of Cross Lake starts with back to back Par 5's.

Eagle's Landing by Ft. Ripley starts with a par 5, I believe you've played there.

The Classic at Madden's starts with a stupid, blind, sharp dogleg par 5.

On a well designed course the first hole should be a pretty tame par 4.

< Message edited by bstinger -- 4/29/2022 3:31:52 PM >

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 277
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/4/2022 8:28:31 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Golden Eagle north of Cross Lake starts with back to back Par 5's.

Eagle's Landing by Ft. Ripley starts with a par 5, I believe you've played there.

The Classic at Madden's starts with a stupid, blind, sharp dogleg par 5.

On a well designed course the first hole should be a pretty tame par 4.

I read one of the British Open courses starts with a par 3.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 278
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/4/2022 8:32:58 AM   
twinsfan

I should have remembered Eagle's Landing. I hate that first hole. I'm almost always way right in the long stuff.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 279
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/4/2022 1:25:44 PM   
Phil Riewer

Forest Hills in Detroit Lakes starts their front 9 with a Par 3 over the water and finishes the same 9 with a par 3.
https://www.foresthillsgolfrv.com/golfindex-html/golf_rates-html/

I wouldn't compare it to the Brainerd courses though.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/4/2022 1:29:26 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 280
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/4/2022 2:05:42 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Forest Hills in Detroit Lakes starts their front 9 with a Par 3 over the water and finishes the same 9 with a par 3.
https://www.foresthillsgolfrv.com/golfindex-html/golf_rates-html/

I wouldn't compare it to the Brainerd courses though.

Neat.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 281
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/18/2022 11:40:31 AM   
bstinger

Anyone have tips on dealing with a parent with dementia.

Dad moved into Memory care in the end of January at the recommendation of more than 1 doctor, but he's insisting he's fine and wants to move out on his own. He's asking me to get his lawyer involved. I feel bad, but after a few years of difficulties with him in various stages of decline through 4 moves in 3 years, I really don't want to deal with him anymore. It's created a shit show in my personal life.

--twinsfan
Post #: 282
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/18/2022 1:30:40 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Dad moved into Memory care in the end of January at the recommendation of more than 1 doctor, but he's insisting he's fine and wants to move out on his own. He's asking me to get his lawyer involved. I feel bad, but after a few years of difficulties with him in various stages of decline through 4 moves in 3 years, I really don't want to deal with him anymore. It's created a shit show in my personal life.

Went down that road with my mother in law for 12 years. She couldn't accept that she couldn't take care of herself and family is not equipped to take care of her. My wife would tell her things like ...I'll bring the home listing tomorrow and we can look for places. Of course by the next day she had forgotten all about it. You should probably get power of attorney if you haven't already.

Hang in there. The only day to day advice I can give is not to correct him or say don't you remember. Just go with the flow of the conversation.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 283
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/18/2022 11:04:53 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Went down that road with my mother in law for 12 years. She couldn't accept that she couldn't take care of herself and family is not equipped to take care of her. My wife would tell her things like ...I'll bring the home listing tomorrow and we can look for places. Of course by the next day she had forgotten all about it. You should probably get power of attorney if you haven't already.

Hang in there. The only day to day advice I can give is not to correct him or say don't you remember. Just go with the flow of the conversation.

I have POA and am health care representative or whatever the term is. It's been a personal hell for me for most of 2 years with no end in sight.

--twinsfan
Post #: 284
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/19/2022 8:14:46 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have POA and am health care representative or whatever the term is. It's been a personal hell for me for most of 2 years with no end in sight.

Yes it is he'll. My wife went through all the stages with her mom. It was hard to take when her mom didn't recognize her because she only remembered her daughter as a little girl. My wife was just her good friend who came to visit her. All you can do is go with the flow of the conversation. Correcting her would only frustrate her.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 285
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/19/2022 4:15:55 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

A close friend went thru it just after his mom died who was taking care of his dad. What seemed to help the situation is that he had a pet (dog) and the care in Park Rapids allows pets. That seemed to help a ton.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 286
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 5/27/2022 10:58:54 AM   
twinsfan

Happy birthday Murf!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 287
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 6/17/2022 12:39:30 PM  1 votes
twinsfan

Phil Mickelson shot LXXVIII yesterday.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 288
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 6/17/2022 2:36:29 PM   
bstinger

quote:

Phil Mickelson shot LXXVIII yesterday.

nice, I'm no longer a fan.

--twinsfan
Post #: 289
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 6/19/2022 2:12:51 PM   
bstinger

Happy Father's Day fellas.

--twinsfan
Post #: 290
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/3/2022 8:51:46 AM   
Mister Ed

Back

2-2 on flights on time and schedule. Feeling really lucky.

Hadn't been on a plane for a while TSA is a trip.

Rental in Bozeman was an odd plate # so we had Wednesday/Friday in Yellowstone. Old Faithful..sorry, it's.............overrated. The surges are supposedly not as spectacular as before. Saw it go twice. I'm good

Grand Prismatic area bizarrely amazing. LOL, was windy day, multiple hats blown to the edges of the pits.

Canyon Village, Yellowstone Grand Canyon. Top 3 in the trip. Awesome and Amazing.
Saw Elk/black bear cub and plenty of Bison. Still SMH at the people gored. Dumb. Walk to a big ass beast like that.

First day we went to Tetons. OMG. We hiked to Taggert Lake. Unreal awesomeness. Loved it. Easily #1 on the trip. We saw 2 grizzly cubs from about 25 yards. Took pics and kept moving. Other idiots stood pointed and yelled. Ummm...mom is close by.
Liked Jackson/Jackson Hole area. Expensive of course, but a lot of fun. We stayed in Island Park Idaho so took the back way to Jackson/Tetons and drove the Teton pass. can't imagine that in the winter. Steep and not a lot of extra room.

Around Island Park were some cool local attractions, a springs and falls area that were pretty nice and not well publicized.

One night we drove the really narrow path to the top of Sawtelle Peak. Just shy of 10,000 feet. Drove up about 3000 feet in 40 minutes. Couple of times stopped cuz of sun glare. needed people to guide until i could see. Especially with NO guardrails. Temp dropped 20 degrees from bottom to top. Snow up there too. Was a great way to see the sunset. Serious rush.

Was a great time. Well worth the $$ spent. Time with the kids and memories.
I'd live out there May-October. No doubt.

< Message edited by Mister Ed -- 7/3/2022 8:53:58 AM >

What was old is new again
Post #: 291
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/3/2022 9:02:10 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

Back

Rental in Bozeman was an odd plate # so we had Wednesday/Friday in Yellowstone. Old Faithful..sorry, it's.............overrated. The surges are supposedly not as spectacular as before. Saw it go twice. I'm good

Grand Prismatic area bizarrely amazing. LOL, was windy day, multiple hats blown to the edges of the pits.

Canyon Village, Yellowstone Grand Canyon. Top 3 in the trip. Awesome and Amazing.
Saw Elk/black bear cub and plenty of Bison. Still SMH at the people gored. Dumb. Walk to a big ass beast like that.

First day we went to Tetons. OMG. We hiked to Taggert Lake. Unreal awesomeness. Loved it. Easily #1 on the trip. We saw 2 grizzly cubs from about 25 yards. Took pics and kept moving. Other idiots stood pointed and yelled. Ummm...mom is close by.
Liked Jackson/Jackson Hole area. Expensive of course, but a lot of fun. We stayed in Island Park Idaho so took the back way to Jackson/Tetons and drove the Teton pass. can't imagine that in the winter. Steep and not a lot of extra room.

Around Island Park were some cool local attractions, a springs and falls area that were pretty nice and not well publicized.

One night we drove the really narrow path to the top of Sawtelle Peak. Just shy of 10,000 feet. Drove up about 3000 feet in 40 minutes. Couple of times stopped cuz of sun glare. needed people to guide until i could see. Especially with NO guardrails. Temp dropped 20 degrees from bottom to top. Snow up there too. Was a great way to see the sunset. Serious rush.

Sounds fantastic!!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 292
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/3/2022 9:08:36 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

Back

Great recap, Ed! Never been out there. Sounds like a great time. It's on my list!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 293
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/3/2022 9:18:13 AM   
Mister Ed

Never been out there. Sounds like a great time. It's on my list!

Need to go out there. Didn't get to Mammoth Hot Springs; That area has limited opening now. But we saw plenty.

In a lot of areas is a totally different world. Cell service is scattered. Fresh air, and drier. Loved it.

What was old is new again
Post #: 294
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/6/2022 9:12:51 PM   
twinsfan

Happy birthday, Trekkie!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 295
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/7/2022 9:19:30 AM   
twinsfan

Happy birthday, Tony!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 296
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/7/2022 11:25:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Ma Cal Grove in Caledonia starts with a par 5 - I recommend playing the course for sure ...
Post #: 297
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/7/2022 1:01:47 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Happy birthday, Trekkie!

Thank you.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 298
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 7/7/2022 5:49:07 PM   
Boyd Tesch

Happy Birthday a day late
Post #: 299
RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter - 8/17/2022 2:49:55 PM   
twinsfan

Mike Max fired from WCCO Radio. What the hell?!?!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk - 5th Chapter Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode